Days of Our Lives -Friday, May 2, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks, Days is being pre-empted for me because of breaking news over a train derailment in NY....Queens I guess.
If anyone has already seen the show, or is getting it......have at it. I thought perhaps this would only be a couple minutes .....but it is going on now for sometime.

I have appt. in town later (made for after i would get the summary up.....but this is not looking good at all. I am not getting the show. If you can help out.....fine. Please post to that effect. Thank you.

I watched the show this morning and will try to list what I remember.

Scenes with Rafe and Jordan in bed. Talking about their exchange of "I love you"s the day before.

Abby talking on the phone about how she was worried about her mom, but all is ok now. Ben overhears and shows concern for Abby. She first jumps all over Ben for evesdropping, but then apologizes and the "dance" continues between these two.

Sami goes to Will and Sonny regarding the custody agreement, worried about Nick's influence. Will tries to calm his mother saying they know Gabi and she would never shut Will and Sonny out of Ari's life. He says that if he gives them trouble, the lawyer will bring up his criminal past, but Sami says, no. He threatened that if the lawyer does that, he will put Sami, Kate, Will and Sonny in prison. Will tries again to calm Sami. Sami backs down, agrees, leaves, then contacts Rafe. She tries to tell Rafe to get involved he wants to know what his sister did to warrant all his involvement, and Sami tells him that she can't tell him, but he needs to know what Nick is doing.

Nick and Gabi are in the park and she tells him how Will is worried about the wording in the custody agreement and she assured him it was just language to start out with when a custody agreement is drawn up. Nick says "No, this is exactly how you want the agreement to agree and you need to call Mr. Jennings ASAP and ask for a court date. She balks. Nick keeps saying Sami is going to take Ari away, she called her (Gabi) and unfit mother, etc. Nick also talks about them getting back together, and Gabi is looking like she's not so agreeable, but doesn't say so. During their conversation, Nick strong arm's Gabi,by getting her phone out of her purse and dials the lawyer's number for her to call. Instead of standing up for what she wants, she's like the lamb to the slaughter, and does exactly what Nick orders her to do.

She goes back to the apartment, Will asks if she is ok. She makes some strange statement about how when most folks ask that, they don't really care about the answer. She then says "I'm sorry, Will, really, I'm so sorry" which freaks Will out. He asks what she means, and she says "everything will be ok" then says she has to go to her daughter.

Will meets up with Sonny in the park and tells him of his encounter with Gabi, and how she was saying "Im sorry". Will vows that they will not lose their right to see Ari.

EJ is on the phone saying the photos of the people on the ferrry don't help at all. Johnny comes running in calling to EJ. EJ tries to put him off but Johnny says its important. He shows EJ the photo from Christmas of the Santa in the square. EJ puts two and two together and sees its Mr. Percy Ruggles. Later, we see Percy in his office with a visit by Kate, some rude exchanges from her, and he trying to be pleasant. He thanks her for the raise, and he said he's just a lackey to Nick and by him being overpaid, she has the right to be rude to him. Later, the door opens, Percy says the paperwork is signed, and looks up to see EJ. EJ says unless its a last will and testament, he won't be needing any paperwork signed. EJ lets him know that he knows he took the photos. EJ puts leather gloves on, and pulls out a long cord and basically intimadates Percy. He says two men will be waiting for him downstairs, they will take him back to his apartment, and give the men anything he has of his association with Nick. Then he will be put on a plane back to a town in England (can't remember the name..Bristol?) Anyway, Percy looks scared witless..and leaves.

Kate has an encounter with Jordan in the park and they exchange words. Jordan basically calls her a has been and Kate throws a few barbs. A shove takes place too.

This is all I can remember. If anyone else can fill in the blanks, please do.

Cathy

Nick gave Gabi a crystal heart identical to the one he gave Will & Sonny, only this, of course says "Gabi & Nick". He presented it when he told her he "wants to be a couple again" and he knows she wants that, too.

Kate told Percy he seemed like a rather nice gentleman, then asked how he can be a lackey to someone like Nick.

The Nick/Gabi, Sami/Will/Sonny scenes were interesting, the way they played out. Here's Sami telling the guys exactly how things are going to happen if they don't do something, they're disagreeing, but elsewhere is Nick basically forcing Gabi to make sure it all plays out just as Sami fears.

I got to see the very end, Will & Sonny in the square talking bout Gabi, Sonny telling Will they will do whatever they have to do to keep Ariana, Rafe talking to Gabi about the custody agreement, thinking she would not want to limit Will's visits, and she says yes, that is what she wants......Nick comes into Percy's office to talk to him, and there sits EJ, who tells him that he wanted his attention, and now has it.

Cathy, thanks heaps for helping out here.....Truly.....I will have to try and watch it online, as I did miss the whole show.

You did good koala! This is what I gathered from Twitter:

Ej orders someone to find out everything about Percy, then confronts Percy in Nick's office, angry/threatening. Is wanting to send Percy back to Devon. Later EJ suprises Nick in the office, too. Round two!

Nick insists Gabi move the custody hearing up so it will be done as soon as possible. He gives Gabi a glass heart with their names engraved on it, and she doesn't seem enthused about them being a couple. Gabi goes home and tells Will she is so sorry. Now Will is really worried. Sami was already there about this situation and goes to Rafe for help. Rafe is angry after hearing about the custody agreement cutting Will out, goes to confront Gabi.

Jordan doesn't think Kate found out anything about her, but Kate alludes that she did. They argue.

That's about all I can add, since I haven't seen the show.

The acting today was superb! I was stressed through the whole show. Nicks manipulation of Gabi and his attempt to control Abby was very uncomfortable to watch. Kate Mansi (Abby) is so good. The tension EJ brought to Percy was great especially when he raised his gloved hands with a strangle wire. Gabi and Will. Nice connection with Rafe and Sami. Hopefuly the interaction with Kate and Jordan will be better on Monday. You have to watch it. It's all coming to a head folks!

edited to add character's name...JS

In a way Sami is right about Gabi being "unfit." She seems quite capable (with the help of Will and Sonny) of taking care of the baby, but the ease with which Nick dominates and manipulates her raises the question of whether she's capable of taking care of herself. As for poor Percy, he's paying the price for Nick crossing too many ruthless and powerful people. He should just head back to the UK, where he can entertain everyone at the local pub with tales of his adventures in the very strange American place known as Salem. Finally, maybe Nick will be the next one to meet an EJ who's wearing leather gloves and holding a cord. Of course, whether even that would make an impression on the Trickster remains an open question.

A few more tidbits, as I did press FF a few times, today. But I caught Sami meeting Abigail at Club TBD, asking her to help them make sure Nick does not take Arianna away from Will, as it is precisely what he's trying to do. Abigail says she knows who to call...

At the end, there is a flashback (another one !!!!!) of Kate seeing all Jordan's fake IDs. So Kate actually calls her by one of Jordan's fake name (I can't remember which one) and Jordan looks shocked.

I believe Kate called her (didn't catch first name) Cooper. Today is the first time it seems Gabi is having second thoughts about Nick. Rafe came to the apartment to confront Gabi about the custody agreement. More and more people are looking like suspects should Nick be killed. We have EJ, Will, Abby, and even Gabi.

I expected today's show to be kind of a letdown after the Liam resolution yesterday -- but I was way wrong. Excellent on all fronts. I was delighted to see EJ take care of Percy -- letting him off the hook because he knows Nick's the brains of that twosome. And it sure feels like Nick is getting closer to the edge of madness, that way he acted with Abigail. Does some kind of mental illness run in Nick's family? Can't quite remember, but wasn't his mother off is some way?

@Poirot They aired the show on the COZI TV network here in NY, WNBC's sister network. I switched over as soon as I saw the pre-emption going on but eventually both channels were carrying it. So I missed the first couple minutes.

The Jordan-Kate scenes at the end were great. Jordan really had Kate's number until Kate called her Joan Cooper. I'm not a Jordan fan but she really had some great lines and heckled Kate very well. But still we don't know anything additional about her.

The Rafe-Sami scenes were amazing although brief. These 2 just have such a natural chemistry together and you can tell each one wants to help the other out. At least Sami admitted that they were hiding something from Rafe. MORE RAFE PLEASE!

Abigail looked fabulous today, probably to make up for the hideous shirt dress. Though she looked very pale. I don't know if the actress was ill or if it was storyline dictated. My heart went out to her at the end because Nick really did catch her off guard with his nastiness.

Kate did not look fabulous today. The outfit was a bit too loud and too tight. And the blue streak was a bit more distracting than usual--it didn't work with the suit.

EJ Dimera is back! He is much more interesting being the character you love to hate. He'd be even more interesting if he contrasted this side with a "nice guy" relationship with Abigail. But I digress. The city he mentioned was Devon. I'm wondering if Percy is on Stefano's payroll and perhaps the 2 men who came with EJ are really double crossing EJ and working for Stefano. It would not surprise me if Percy popped up again in Salem.

Yes, Jessica had multiple personality disorder.

Thanks -- Nick's certainly shown a lot of personalities over the time he's been in Salem (unfortunately, all of them named "Nick"), and it certainly wouldn't surprise me if that's his defense for his erratic behavior once he's caught at something..................

deleted spoiler in non spoiler forum....Poirot

Back