Days of Our Lives -Friday, May 9, 2014

Even though a point was made by showing Sonny's bag on the closet shelf, we can forget about Gabi being a shooter. She would be totally incapable of loading it, and affixing the silencer. She would also be incapable of not wandering into HTS with the smoking gun in her hand.

As I predicted, I'm beginning to feel sorry for Nick. Daniel has been reinstated as a surgeon, right?

If the Love Doctor had been at scene instead of sitting in the hospital puzzling over the reconstructed Chyka documents, he'd have cleaned Nick's wounds with some paper napkins, removed the bullets with plastic utensils from one of the Town Square tables, patched up Nick with some Scotch tape provided by a passerby, and then muttered a few magical Jonas incantations, which would ensure that the Trickster would be back on his feet in no time. Meanwhile, a call out to the Salem P.D. it might have elicited the following responses: 1) Hope - I'm busy bickering with Aiden; 2) Roman - call somebody else -- I'm stressed out over my upcoming "date" with Mrs. van Hopper; 3) Rafe - sorry, I'm too busy showing Jordan the extra benefits of staying in Salem; and 4) the rest of the Salem P.D. - we're too busy enjoying our chowder, Brady burgers, and donuts to bother with yet another Salem who-dunnit.

If the Love Doctor had been at scene instead of sitting in the hospital puzzling over the reconstructed Chyka documents...and 4) the rest of the Salem P.D. - we're too busy enjoying our chowder, Brady burgers, and donuts to bother with yet another Salem who-dunnit.

Hey! Whatever happened to that bakery Rafe stopped at to get Gabi a muffin!?

Good point. If the Love Doctor was at the scene, after patching up Nick, he could have sent Allie racing to Martha's Muffins for a bag of its tasty treats. Having a muffin might have energized Nick to the point where he could start shouting accusations at EJ, Sami, and anybody else that he suspected of being involved with his shooting. Also, the possibility munching on muffins could have given at least a few of Roman's cops the incentive to finally show up and pretend to investigate.

Pretty good episode, not as good as I was expecting, I guess the final confrontations occurred Wednesday and Thursday.

Also kept thinking how Julie and Nick are 2nd cousins, but he kept calling her Aunt Julie. No biggee I guess.

Seems like the hitman was not in the park when he Nick was shot.

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum...JS

Lots of people refer to older cousins as "aunt" or "uncle". It's a sign of respect.

Unless there's some huge, huge change in Gabi's mindset, there's no way she could have done it. She's proven herself a terrible murderer. And if it plays out that Gabi is the one that did it, I'm going to be pretty ticked, because that is a change in character that we should have seen unfold.

Agreed missharley. It is un-Gabi-like to commit an outright murder; but I wouldn't put it past these writers to change her to fit their needs.

Meanwhile I must stress again (since I have a tendency to be negative at times - :))...this was an excellent episode and was very well done on all counts - pacing, acting, etc. Bravo!

Back