Days of Our Lives - Mon., Apr. 16, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, April 16, 2018

Jennifer meets up with Hope, glad she is back from Hong Kong, learns Hope had Belle draw up annulment papers, but Rafe is balking. Hope just feels her world came apart when she learned Rafe cheated on her, Jen tries to point out all the things Rafe did for her, for her children, how much he cares, how happy he made her.

Chad comes to see Rafe at the cop shop, learns Rafe found nothing more to help Gabi, has seen her, still maintains she did not kill Andre, Abigail lied. Also that Gabi thinks maybe Abby has had a relapse of her mental illness. Chad doesn't want to hear that, but does, finally, admit that Abby has been a bit off since her return from Hong Kong, & how he thinks Stefan may have brainwashed her or something, getting her to say what she did about Gabi on that witness stand. They discuss the dark haired woman on the video footage, & how Chad & Hope saw her in Hong Kong. Rafe presses Chad to remember anything besides the dark hair, he can't, but says there was something familiar. He doesn't know what.

Marlena is talking to Stefan, trying to convince him to let her go, that Gabby is not a real person, but Stefan will have none of that. He wants Gabby, and nothing will stand in his way. Marlena knows John will be looking for her, will tear down every wall in this town until her finds her, but Stefan is not moved. She again tries to convince him Gabby is not real, tries to get him to let her go. Nope, as then she will go to the cops. Sorry. Closes the door. Marlena is muttering, c'mon John, find me.

Upstairs, John is talking to Gabby, who is pretending to be Abigail. He is looking for Marlena, knows Abigail was the last appointment on her schedule. Gabby claims Marlena called and cancelled, and while she previously told John she had gone to Marlena for help, when he asks if she & Chad are having marriage problems, she snaps it is none of his business. In comes Stefan, introduces himself to John, who realizes who he is, as does Stefan know who John is. Gabby explains John is looking for Marlena, & how she told him Marlena had cancelled their appt. Stefan goes to show John out, Marlena's phone in his jacket goes off, incoming message from John. Stefan pretends it is his own phone, that the minute he turns it off, tons of messages arrive. He shows John out.

And all the while, Abigail is having this long conversation with Andre (in black & white) as she tries to understand what is happening with her. Andre acts like a psychologist, having Abigail relate all her symptoms, what has been going on, the time lost, dark periods, hearing voices. He wants to help her, always has. She tries to get him to tell her who killed him, but he doesn't. She tells of trying to call Chad, get him to help, but the phone won't work. He says try it again, she does, hears John's voice talking to Gabby, is yelling to John to help her, but Andre then tells her John cannot help her. This time she has to do it herself. He talks of how he did help her, as did Laura, her grandmother. Abigail ponders, that name is familiar, but of someone else. She mentions Chad's theory of Stefan killing Andre, but he gets upset, that knowing his brother is such a weasel, does she think he would allow him to get the upper hand with him? No, it was someone I trust. Abigail asks if it was the woman impersonating Gabi, Andre doesn't answer. He then says she has to go deep within herself, that she knows. Abigail turns her back, is pounding on the door, yelling to Chad to help her. Behind her, the chair is now empty. Andre is gone. (these are very good scenes!)

Rafe arrives , Jennifer takes off, Hope has nothing to say to him, he hasn't signed those papers. Nothing personal, this is about the woman you saw in Hong Kong.

Chad knocks on Marlena's office door, then opens it, calling her name. It is dark, he turns on the light, grabs a pad of paper, is writing a note. He hears Abigail's voice......Chad, help me. He looks around, puzzled/ Abby? He leaves.

Gabby is telling Stefan John was looking for Marlena, was asking a lot of questions, what are we going to do. Stefan says, we have to leave.

Rafe and Chad. Aww, yeah, that's the stuff. We get Chad and Rafe sitting around endlessly talking about how they gotta clear Gabi. I don't know what could possibly be better? :)

Oh wait, yes I do. How about you get off your behinds and actually do something instead of just talk about it, you knuckleheads? As Sebastian the Crab from The Little Mermaid would say: "Jeez, mon!" :angry:

Inside Abigail's head: I liked these scenes they definitely had a noirish feel to them that I very much appreciated. I have to say that I am liking this DID story a bit more now that people are catching on and more people are getting involved and it's not so isolated between Abigail/Dr.Laura/Gabby and What's-His-Face. But on the other hand, sweeps start at the end of next week, so I fear that the odyssey will continue on for another month, at least. *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
@Eras....oh, well, they had Marlena talking about her connection to John, and then how Abigail loves Chad, and he loves her so very much........thus chad got that "feeling" that Abby is in trouble. (Bo & Hope used to have that kind of "connection" as well)

I really liked the Abby/Andre scenes but was hoping she would realize it was her. I want to see it! I want to see why Abby killed him!

I have not been and am still not a Chad/Abby fan. I do not see a great love connection. He says "she's the mother of my child" and why is that Chad? Because she cheated on her boyfriend with you? I don't see them surviving this. He did not pick up too quick that something was really off.

Can everyone please stop telling Hope to give Rafe another chance and let this relationship die!

Thanks, Poirot.

I enjoyed the scenes with Andre and Abigail too. When he took out the glasses,
I was wondering if he's the part of her that's Dr Laura.

I was confused about Chad hearing Abigail's voice since he was in Marlena's
office like where she sort of was.

When is John going to ping Marlena's phone? Stefan keeps turning it off and on.

I also enjoyed the Andre and Abby scenes today. They were well done and very interesting! And I, too, wondered if John was sending (or would send) Marlena messages, or I was hoping that he might recognize her phone (or ringtones) in StefanO's hand.

Thanks for the summary. I have to agree that Andre and Abigail were the best part of the show today, although the beginning with Marlena and Stefan0 was also pretty good. Overall I'm tired of this storyline, and just want the truth to come out soon. And yes, Hope & Rafe were filler, but it's nice seeing that towards the end it's back to professionalism, and that Jennifer was there for her cousin and attempting to talk sense into her. Hope's ego is too big.

Glad we didn't have filler with the young adults.

Rafe and Chad. Aww, yeah, that's the stuff. We get Chad and Rafe sitting around endlessly talking about how they gotta clear Gabi. I don't know what could possibly be better? :)
Alas, that's the Salem way. Talk, talk, talk, and then talk some more. Actually accomplishing anything is secondary to the "talk." If the federal authorities had taken this approach to the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, they would have sat around Washington talking while John Wilkes Booth lived to a ripe old age. On other subjects:

Never say never: Remarkably, the writers came up with compelling scenes with Andre-Abigail. It actually was attention grabbing unlike the tedious and/or excruciating conversations involving characters like Lani, Jenny, and Eric.

Hope: Unless she's talking to Doug or Julie, she should keep her anti-Rafe blather to herself. Salem is a town full of Rafe fans who won't tolerate Hope's cheap shots at their hero.

Stefan Zero: What kind of idiot argues with a psychiatrist over whether an alter is real? To borrow a few lines from the old song "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence" -- "The man who loved Abigail's alter, the man who loved Abigail's alter, he was the dumbest of them all."

Last edited:
Back