Days of Our Lives - Mon., Apr. 17, 2017

I made the mistake of watching this one live. Big mistake. Nicole was still eating the show even though other things were going on.

I don't like Abby's renewal gown.

I did not like Abby leaving Chad because he should be with Gabi. No way would Abby ever say something like that. She should have just said its because he has unresolved feelings for Gabi and she deserves better. I thought the scenes were well acted but poorly directed and with poor dialogue.

I feel like Gabi has been on everyday for the past month. I'm not Daniel-sick of her yet but I'm getting there.

Enjoyed the brief glimpse of Eric today. He and Chloe look nice together.

Yes Katmouse, I was the one who made the Hillary-Gladys Kravitiz connection and I must say it was one of my prouder moments.

Well I was the one who made the connection and posted it since I'm not a mind reader I can't say nobody else thought the same thing. But you know what I mean. :)

After all that Chad and Abby have gone through with Ben, her breakdown and her return from the dead, I just wanted to see a few months (years?) of happiness for them.

I don't like Gabi much right now. They've made her so snarky every time she runs into JJ and I really don't understand why. She just doesn't seem to be able to let anyone go.

Where are our strong, independent, "don't need no man" women? Even Kate was reduced to a sniveling idiot while she was going through Eddie's gifts.

Blech!

I think Kate was enjoying being pursued, and when she was looking over the gifts, was upset with herself over the loss of a man she cared about, but played a game with for too long.

I think Gabi MIGHT be snarky towards JJ to cover her own guilty conscience. She was going with JJ when she first became attracted to Chad, nearly had sex with him a couple times.

She did not know what happened in Florida, (neither did JJ) until long after he had returned. So, actually, she had emotionally cheated on him, fully aware, and nearly and willingly, physically cheated...although Chad halted that, FIRST. She has never admitted that to JJ, but used the reveal of Lani having sex with the drunken, out of it, JJ as an excuse. Thus she covers up her own mistake. And now, well, there JJ is, with the woman who Gabi blames for the breakup, even tho Gabi herself is to blame, and it grates her. LOL

Abby is selfish, cruel and unkind. I felt so bad for Chad and am wondering why he still loves her after all she has put him through. It reminds me of the selfish, manipulating way Jen treated Daniel.

This man, Chad, has gone to the moon and back to make her happy and she pulls a crappy stunt like this. Why would he want her back? Go figure.

I'm glad that Abby's history of bugging out of situations was brought up, but I think the writers just want us to forget that she has that whole mental illness history in her storyline, because this could just be paranoia related to that.

That said, they acted the heck out of those scenes.

Meanwhile, I was hoping we'd get a longer respite from Chloe since Eduardo is off the canvas. And a small correction: Holly is not Eggbaby. That was Philip, wasn't it? She is either Eggbaby Jr, or Eggbaby 2: Storyline Recycle.

Daniel was Maggie's egg baby. Stolen eggs, unbeknownst to her. Holly is Egg Baby, Jr.

Philip was stolen fertilized egg/sperm of Kate/Victor, implanted in Vivian, carried to term.

Holly is stolen, fertilized egg/sperm of Nicole/Daniel, implanted in Chloe.

Just catching up (I was in Las Vegas). My goodness Billy Flynn (Chad), is amazing. Abby is definitely Jack Jr. This is another reason we need Jack back! Abby needs her father to tell her what a twit she is. Chad just can't win. What was he to do, let a woman die? I don't care if it had been even Deimos himself, Chad wouldn't have just sat there and let a person die. He has been open to Abby and bent over backwards to reassure her. This "oh she taught you pitching in high school" has to be the lamest thing ever. Ugh.

Andre is definitely on the road to rehab; approaching likability. Thaao Penghlis' (Andre) acting is believable. Kate slapped him on his recently-injured right cheek. :eek:

Hair/makeup people seem to be gradually graying Jennifer's hair. :confused:

Advice for Chad (presuming he wants Abby): No more begging; let Abby move back into Jen's attic, and stew for awhile. Absolutely no more contact with Gabi, no exceptions.

I have to give Dario credit for displaying altruism in his treatment of rebounding Abby. Definitely non-sleazy. He may start changing Spectator hearts and minds! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the write-up. I think it was a bland show filled with wonderful performances that just moved the heart. But I have to agree that Abigail and Chad, for the time being, are dried up. I just can't root for them the same way after her running away (and also seeing less chemistry with the new actress). I also don't think Gabi and Eli will amount to anything. I hope that Gabi and Chad are together---not just because I see something there, but also because they wasted all of our time with this triangle, and it would be a shame if it was for nothing.

Hillary delivering warm muffins=Maggie bringing over a chicken recipe to Abigail like 4 years ago. Ridiculous, just like the storyline.

Eric was interesting today. Still not liking Chloe and that whole storyline, nor am I enjoying the crap with mentioning Daniel all the time.

Can we take a moment to appreciate hoy many days we've been Deimos-free?

Abby is selfish, cruel and unkind. I felt so bad for Chad and am wondering why he still loves her after all she has put him through. It reminds me of the selfish, manipulating way Jen treated Daniel.

This man, Chad, has gone to the moon and back to make her happy and she pulls a crappy stunt like this. Why would he want her back? Go figure.

I'm glad that Abby's history of bugging out of situations was brought up, but I think the writers just want us to forget that she has that whole mental illness history in her storyline, because this could just be paranoia related to that.

Chad just can't win. What was he to do, let a woman die? I don't care if it had been even Deimos himself, Chad wouldn't have just sat there and let a person die. He has been open to Abby and bent over backwards to reassure her.

I guess I have a different view of this situation. I feel that Chad has strung both women along since Abby came back. Not intentionally, in fact, all three have tried very hard to do the right thing. But the fact is, Chad has been thinking about Gabi quite often and still has feelings for her. Remember, Abby found the pictures on his tablet that night with him, Gabi, and Ari, which has nothing to do with baseball or flashbacks to high school, but was quite recent. Also, the show is trying very hard to make us forget that Abby was having mental issues when she ran away. Most of the argument on Monday's show had to do with Abby just leaving last year with no mention at all to the mental breakdown she had went through. Chad made it sound like she just ran off when things were tough.

I think Chad and Abby need this break and hopefully will find their way back to each other once Chad has had time to sort out his feelings and Abby has a chance to be independent and gain her confidence back. I feel that Gabi will move on with Eli and eventually get over Chad, while Chad will determine that Abby is the one he wants to be with.

Back