Days of Our Lives - Mon.,April 21, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, April 21, 2014

Replay of Sami noticing the green envelope shoved under the door, getting it and starting to open it. But alas, her cell rings, she is taking care of business, EJ grinning at her. She is off the cell, has to run, mom is coming over. Hmmm, EJ isn't all that thrilled, he seems to be ready for a roll in the hay, but Sami puts him off. She goes into another room, leaving EJ to casually pick up the envelope with the picture half out, but so far unseen. When he pulls it out, you can practically see the blood drain from his face, he is staring, dumbfounded, as Sami comes in, spots the picture and asks what the hell is this? And now Sami rants, raves, hollars, yells, slaps EJ's face several times. He starts babbling about it meaning nothing, then goes into the protecting Sami excuse, of how Abby was going to talk to Hope, and he went to Smith Island to stop her. However, in the course of Sami's rantings, accusations, he mentions it was only twice, and she learns about the shower scene. She is appalled, he tries using the excuse that she would not commit to marrying him before she went to Chicago, later it was that he needed someone, and she was unavailable. Sami notes she was only gone overnight, and more ranting, accusing. They are all over that room, she talks of telling her dad what a changed man EJ was, how happy, and now it is over. He tries reasoning, she picks up the letter opener , talking of putting thru his lying heart. He takes her hand, pressing the thing against his chest. She drops it. He says she is not being rational, and Sami goes beserk, sweeping all the chess pieces off the table, breaking pictures, vases, all over the room. He is grabbing her, they are on the floor. Marlena comes in, he tries getting Marlena to go, private matter, but Sami shows her mom the picture, is intending to leave, with her children. Marlena tells EJ to stay away from Sami, and she is going to pack the children's things.

EJ rushes over to the Horton house, to talk to Abby, she drops her purse, he see a home pregnancy test. Seems she did not trust his father's doctor, she is pregnant, and on her way to see her own doctor. Sami comes in, and has another fit. She is so angry. Jennifer arrives, wants to know what is going on, and Sami bitterly tells of how Abby is pregnant by EJ. Jen is shocked, Abby feels she is going to be sick. She starts to go upstairs, but Sami angrily follows her, she is not going to get away from her. They struggle on the stairs, Jennifer & EJ both come to break this all up. Sami won't let go, and suddenly, with the struggles, Abby goes over the railing, crashing to the floor. Jen rushes to her, crying out what have you done? Sami is murmuring, Oh, my God.......and EJ comes out of his DAYDREAM! Oh, yes, his imagination has been going like a house afire.

Sami comes in the room with a picture her kids drew, Ej grabs her, holding her, talks of how much he loves her. Marlena arrives, Sami takes her upstairs to look at wedding dresses. She invites Ej to come to lunch with them later, he declines, has work. They go upstairs, he locks the picture in a drawer. Sami & Marlena comes down, not having made any choices, decide Caroline would be perfect to help choose. Off they go, and then off EJ goes to the park, where he meets Abigail, curious to know if she told anyone about them. She is cold, aloof, distant, and assures him she has not, and won't ever. She herself cannot imagine how she did something so stupid. She stalks off, telling him to never call her again. At home, Abby looks at a pic of her, Jen & JJ, picks it up, saying, don't worry, mom, it is done. I made sure of it.

Marlena & Sami are in the Pub, Caroline not there, having gone to her Poker night. Jen comes in, (sleeveless and no jacket as usual) joins them, and helps pick out the "perfect" dress Sami wants for her perfect wedding. She tells Jen how Abby has been helping her learn about art so she can surprise EJ on their honeymoon, compliments Abby, then has to run off. Jen comments how she is positively glowing. Marlena agrees, Jen notes Marlena doesn't look that happy herself. How would you feel if your daughter was marrying a DiMera. Jen notes she is glad it is all over with Chad, though he wasn't really as bad. But perhaps EJ has changed as Sami says.

EJ is at home, having called father, evidently telling him about the photo delivery, and that someone else must know. Sami comes in, he quickly hangs up. She is all bubbly, the dress is picked out, and now she wants to elope. He is surprised, but she reminds him of how her weddings have turned out. He thinks 6 is his lucky number, and assures her she going to have the wedding she always wanted. She comments about the wedding of her dreams. He picks her up, then sits down with her on his lap. Everything is going to be fine and how she always has wanted it.

All I have to say is... Seriously ? :eek: An entire hour dedicated to Sami and EJ and three more characters (Jen Jen, Marlena, Abigail) thrown in for... good luck ? :rolleyes: Seriously ? :eek: This really has become The Sami and EJ show. Complete with a dream sequence, which I bet most of us called. I know I did.

Great acting ? Maybe... Then again, I'm so tired of hearing Sami yell at the top of her lungs, I still pressed FF today. So please, let this farce be over soon.

Enough said.

When I'm waiting to see a good scene (like Sami and Ciara arguing over the earring or parts of Will and Sonny's wedding), clients call and I have to mute the TV and miss the scene. But today?? Nope, not a single client call to break up the screech-athon.

Very disappointing show . In my opinion the acting was over the top. These writers are trying to make Sami and EJ a love story but it just isn't working for me. When Sami said that EJ makes her whole, it made me gag. How does a man who has raped, tortured , kidnapped your child and pretend she is dead make you whole.

Someone needs to educate Alison Sweeney ( Sami) on the proper usage of the word "Pivotal". I was right this episode didn't live up to all the hype!

The Sami & EJ dialogue is sooo NOT impressive..Strange that Alison Sweeney thinks this Episode stands out at the top of her Career..Weird

To say "Cheating" is the ONE line sami didn't expect EJ to cross after the heinous crimes EJ has inflicted on her proved what an IMBECILE Sami truly is!

Sami yelling and screaming like a banshee and EJ begging/groveling is a Daily Occurrence in their lives...What exactly is so Pivotal here?

I really really can't wait for Sami to be out of Salem.

It was unexpected that with all the ranting and shouting Sami did, that not a single mention was made of PARTICULAR terrible things, but then, this was EJ's daydream. It really is unfortunate the writers chose to have Sami say EJ crossed a line with this cheating thing. So, he never crossed a line with all the other things, which really were worse. Now THAT EJ did say. That they have gotten past much worse things than this. However, the writers do not want to be specific any more, because if they did, it would prove how ridiculous this entire story is in the first place.
To tell the truth, at one point, I thought Ej was going to crawl across the floor and kiss her ring.

I really wasn't surprised I called it...I said it was going to be a BIG fake via EJ's subconscious.

One thing I love about the Fake out is that Sami said that Abby was "Young, Skinny, Pretty and Smart" and since this was EJ's mind doing the thinking...EJ basically subconsciously thinking that Sami is "Old, Fat, Ugly and Dumb" :rotfl:

edited...JS

I was thinking about the hate boink, didn't she CHEAT on Rafe?
Yes, she was married to Rafe. They found a child's body and she was afraid it was Johnny, so Rafe offered to go and identify the body. Then she slipped out of the loft and went to the DiMansion. Sami and EJ heard a TV or radio report say the body found was identified as Johnny and they had sex.

I really wasn't surprised I called it...I said it was going to be a BIG fake via EJ's subconscious.

One thing I love about the Fake out is that Sami said that Abby was "Young, Skinny, Pretty and Smart" and since this was EJ's mind doing the thinking...EJ basically subconsciously thinking that Sami is "Old, Fat, Ugly and Dumb" :rotfl:

edited...JS
At no point was Abby described as "skinny" and Sami is nowhere near "fat".

ITo tell the truth, at one point, I thought Ej was going to crawl across the floor and kiss her ring.
Good point. The only positive from today's fantasy Sami screechathon that occurred in EJ's overactive imagination is that he knows what NOT to do and say if and when Samantha Gene discovers the ugly truth about the Abigail affair. He should not try the worn-out excuse of cheating husbands that an affair "didn't mean anything," grovel, whine, shout, or silently invite Sami to stab him with a letter opener. What might work, who knows, but since the TPTB are making Sami utterly clueless, there must be something in the DiMera bag of tricks that can extricate Elvis from this tight spot.

Back