Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 1, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, August 1, 2016

The residents of Salem are busy bees today. Jen brings Hope home from the hospital, with Hope holding her left side for the majority of her scenes. She sits on the sofa, doesn't want any tea, says Jen looks like something is bothering her. Jen tells her how she is suing for custody of Thomas, wants to hire Aiden. Hope advises NO, Jen is adamant, has already talked with other custody lawyers, checked transcripts of cases, which they lost. She wants someone ruthless. Hope is still against it, can't believe Jen would want to hire the man who tried to kill her, etc. etc.

Rafe arrives, Jen leaves. Hope tells him of Jen's plans, he cannot believe it either. He still wants to prove that Aiden tried to blow them up, she wants him to stay away from investigating, let the dept. handle it. She makes him promise, wants them to concentrate on "us", kiss. Shawn & Ciara arrive, Rafe leaves. They thank Rafe for saving their mom, hugs, he says she saved his as well. He leaves, no, Hope doesn't want tea or soup, wants to take a nap. Ciara intends staying at the house, so Shawn figures to go back to the office, as long as Ciara is staying with Mom. Oh, yes, she is not leaving. And the minute Shawn leaves, Ciara decides the cupboards are bare, so she is going to run to the store for a few things.

Belle walks into the DiMera house, Chad is sitting on the floor, gets up, tells her about Jen suing to take Thomas, wants Belle to rep him. She tells him unless he pulls himself together, Jen will have a good case. He figures he takes good care of Thomas, she mentions "when he decides to have a drink? or two or three? How he hires a teenager with no experience to care for his son? She advises a shower, clean clothes, the use of a razor. He agrees, will do whatever it takes. Good, she is his lawyer.

She is gone, Chad all cleaned up, and in comes Ciara. Don't you just love how she is keeping an eye on her just home from the hospital mom? She tells Chad he is looking better, he tells her of Jen's plans. she volunteers to testify, he says she can't, since he is her boss, she would be prejudiced, and since she no longer lives there, she cannot testify about his life. She says if he needs her, she will comes and watch Thomas.

Chloe is meeting with Philip at his "office:" table in the square, but is not feeling too well, so just wants to go back to her room. Claire rushes up (having just seen Ciara, filled her in on the asst. to Chloe job she has now) but Phil says the meeting is off, Chloe not well. Chloe asks Claire to walk with her back to her room, Claire babbles about calendars she has looked at for phones & tablets, & in the room, gets all the instructions for appts. with Parker's in a completely different color, and NO work stuff at time of any of his appts. Claire bounces out, with a list of things Chloe wants her to do, and now Chloe gets up, goes out, returns with a pregnancy test. Later, she has taken the test, looks at the results, stares off into space.

Belle has gone to the square, spots Philip, is looking for Claire, he explains she went with Chloe, which sets Belle off. Phil tells her to go talk to Chloe, but Belle doesn't want Chloe to know she is prime investor. She rants about Claire giving up college, how important it would be for her, learning music from the ground up, business, so she would know how to handle herself. She berates Phil for trying to tell her how to raise her daughter, he explodes that Claire once was his daughter, too. He cares about her. Belle retorts she was a toddler then, well Phil still cares. Phil tells her this is between you & Claire, you go talk to her, & here comes Shawn, overhearing the last part, telling Phil, yes, that is right, so why don't you let us handle our daughter and butt out of something not your business.

Rafe is at the cop shop, Roman comes in, they are checking on the explosive device, & material used, Rafe says to keep him out of it. Unless Aiden tries something again.

Nicole arrives at the Kmansion to the waiting Deimos, champagne at the ready. She thinks it too early, he fills her in on giving Victor back Titan, but keeping the house, & a bit of money. He claims he just wants peace, and more or less.....her. He caresses her face, soon they are kissing passionately, but before it can go further, she abruptly gets up, cannot do this now, grabs her purse and leaves.

Jen shows up at Aiden's office, is rather tentative, but manages to tell him how she wants to sue for permanent custody, not temporary, as she won't want to do this every couple months. Aiden refuses to take her case, says he knows she & Hope are close, that he already hurt Hope badly, would not want her to be so hurt again with him working for Jen. Later, he is looking at his tablet, the news events, something about Justin, but then sees the news item about Hope released from hospital. He smiles.

In the square, Jen runs into Chad, he wishes she no longer wants to sue to take away his son, she still does. (he had already noted she had been shopping for Thomas, she claimed just a few things he needed......Chad says Thomas already has everything he needs.) Chad has already heard via the grapevine, that Jen has been to see Aiden.

Jen is claiming she just wants Thomas safe, Chad insists he is safe, & you know what, your daughter would be ashamed of you. Jen doubts that. Chad says, you want to take my son from me? o.k. I will see you in court.

Hope is sleeping, and dreaming, lots of shouting as Aiden is attempting to enter the house, Ciara refusing to let him in, Aiden claiming he loves Hope, he wants to see her. Hope is on the floor, taking the gun from the locked gun chest, pointing it at Aiden, she shoots. He falls. Hope wakes up, looks towards the door, the room is empty. She lays back on the sofa.

Hope's kids could not leave fast enough, could they? Shawn could have gone for groceries, while Ciara stayed with her mom, but I just could not believe how fast Ciara scampered out of the house when left in charge.

Just gonna get a few things, mom. If she went to the store at all?? Over to see Chad, visit with Claire in the mall, why was she in the mall anyway? Her mom evidently was in a lot of pain still, as she kept holding her side. Sheesh!

WOW, Philip remembered that Claire was once his daughter. :eek:
Another wow, that Hope had a scene with BOTH of her children. :eek:
Other Salem rarities were Chloe thinking that she and Shaggy Phil needed a place more private than TBD to discuss business. Since when do Salemites worry about privacy when discussing such things?? The other was Shawn telling Philly K. to MYOB. How often do Salem busybodies hear that?
Hope's kids could not leave fast enough, could they? Shawn could have gone for groceries, while Ciara stayed with her mom, but I just could not believe how fast Ciara scampered out of the house when left in charge.
It would be nice to think that Teen Ciara was anxious to find Jenny and rip into her about the custody suit. It's also too bad that Jeannie T. and Anne Milbauer are otherwise occupied. They're both very experienced at dumping on Jen Jen. Speaking of Jenny, it would serve her right if no lawyer in Salem will touch her stupid custody action. And if she tried to represent herself, she'd not only do an awful job, but her squawking just might get her locked up for contempt of court.

Last edited:
She berates Phil for trying to tell her how to raise her daughter, he explodes that Claire once was his daughter, too.
WHOA I can't believe they mentioned this. There is a definite change in the tone of the writing lately!!
I will see you in court.
Please, no, let's hope it doesn't go this far.

I really, really, really hate this Aiden stuff. And I hate how Rafe doesn't suspect the man he framed for murder, but rather, his romantic rival. What an idiot.

I am OK with Chloe pregnant with Deimos's baby and him with Nicole, as long as we're not subjected to a Higley-style retread of custody like with EJ/Sami/Rafe.

Hope sure seemed to have mended enough to suck face with Rafe with no problem. Just thought it was weird.

Definitely would not have been my first point of business when coming home from the hospital after major surgery.

Can we bring back Calliope to connect with Anna and Anne Millbauer?
Seriously! How can you not love this woman??!
9baabdd24444009b6b2c6c1205466219.jpg
calliope-jones.jpg

I, for one, could not take my eyes off that giant sized green thing behind Hope's head.

At first I thought it was a tabletop model of the "Big Green Egg BBQ" then I saw the even bigger white handles. The set decorator needs to move that puppy asap!!

The thing about Calliope.......she lives in NY......so yep, she could visit....she has in the past.....but the smart woman isn't going to do it for a terrible story/reason.

Isn't it fun how we all notice different things? I mean I have no idea what green thing with white handles Mtnmom is talking about, as I just kept watching how Hope could not take her hand off her side.......lolol

I just hope upon hope that Jennifer's ludicrous adoption plans land her square on her royal butt on top of her royal crown, pointy parts up. This storyline is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Some years ago when Fox was still a fairly new network they had a block of daytime time called Fox Kids Club when they showed classics like "Duck Tales" and "Darkwing Duck" from Disney and "Tiny Toon Adventures" and "Taz-Mania from Warner Brothers. "Taz-Mania" followed the misadventures of the Tazmanian Devil from the old Looney Toons cartoons in the show he was known simply as Taz. Taz had parents and a brother and sister and his dad had a tendency to tell stories and when he got to boring parts he would skip over them by saying "Blah, blah yakkity smackity."

And if I were describing today's episode I think I would find myself saying "Blah, blah yakkity smackity quite a bit. I bet you wondering how I going to tie that into "Days of Our Lives" weren't you? LOL

But to be fair even though I didn't find this the most compelling of episodes there was still enough there to work with in terms of what I hope you find to be witty commentary.

Nicole and Deimos: I'm not getting it. Okay I get that the fact that Nicole is the dearly departed Helena's doppelganger. But what's in it for Nicole? Even if he is sincerely "trying to change" he's still one seriously damaged puppy that doesn't really have anything to offer her but heartache. She knows that. So why do this to herself? She's better then that. I repeat I'm just not getting it.

Hey Shawn and Belle here's a thought: If you really want Phil to "butt out" of your relationship with Claire maybe you should I don't know quit getting in his face about it? Especially when he's quite reasonably told you "She's working Chloe so you need to talk to her."

I get that a college education is important but Claire wants to work and get her feet wet in the music biz. She's showing some ambition. It's not like she was to just lounge around the townhouse with her hair up in curlers, wearing her fuzzy pink bathrobe with the cute little duckies on it and her Cookie Monster slippers; while she sits on the couch stuffing bon-bons in her mouth and watches her "stories."

I don't get why it has to be an either/or proposition. Why not try to compromise by saying "Look we're willing to support you working for Chloe IF you will enroll in classes at Salem University at the same time." If they approach her the right way she might to surprise them by actually being receptive.

I can hear some of you saying "That's a good idea, Troy but what does that have to do with Gabi?" That's a good question and I'm sure once i put my mind to it I'll be able to connect her someway. :)

As far as Ciara leaving her mother who is in pain to go running off to cheek on Chad is concerned, while I've puzzled over this little mystery to my puzzler is sore. And the conclusion I've come up with and please keep in mind this is just me spit-balling here, but it might just be that Ciara Alice Brady daughter of legendary supercouple Bo and Hope Brady has grown to up to be a bit of,,,, well an idiot. But that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nicole Deimos stuff is ridiculous. They really hardy know one another. They haven't dated, had conversations, talked about anything. Do they even have similar senses of humor? Does Deimos even HAVE a sense of humor? It's just a bunch of fatal attraction nonsense. I'd rather Nicole not be sucked in. He's bad news.

In re: Belle so adamant about college for Claire NOW. Did Belle herself go even a year after she graduated high school? Seems to me, she & Shawn got married, and went on the high seas, and Claire was very little at the time. So.....both Belle & Shawn evidently got their college credits while sailing the oceans, and completed them while living in Maine. Right? (That is where she became an attorney)

And didn't Shawn work in Mickey's office for a while. Sort of a go fer? Something like that, tho he may have done research at times.
So, why get on their daughter's case for wanting to do somewhat the same thing?

Heck, even Dr. Kayla was a nurse when she left Salem and went to L.A. Became a doctor there. As noted elsewhere on this board, (Moira, I think it was you) Salemites just don't do much college, maybe a semester or two. That is it. Gabi included in that. Brady. Philip. Yet all got high paying corporate jobs. Yes, even Sami, who did not even finish high school (tho she managed finally to get a GED), and Nicole got the high paying corporate job, plus, hooker & bed hopper extraordinaire, Kate, managed to climb that corporate ladder with no college.

I get that a college education is important but Claire wants to work and get her feet wet in the music biz.
This is all so silly. I hate how soaps (and TV in general) handle college. But why are they wasting time on this? We know it doesn't matter if Claire goes to college or not - not one iota. She'll be a CEO or doctor by May sweeps if DA PLOT demands it.

I guess if they lived in a town without a university less people would go. They like to throw around Salem U but no one goes there. I am not saying everyone should go to college. Other than the nurse and doctors, who goes to college in that town? Claire thinks being a gopher for Chloe is going to help her be a better singer? Chloe on the other hand is a very good vocally trained singer. She could give choices lessons to Claire.

Jack Devereaux had a college education. EJ (gag) was educated. Let's see except for nurses and doctors:
Brady Family? Carrie, Eric, not sure about Kim
Horton Family?
Roberts family?
Kiriakis family? Justin, maybe Sonny
Johnson family?
Black family? Belle

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the summary!!!!! The only thing that was on NBC during the Days time slot was yet again another car chase. I can't figure out what the point of televising car chases is. If they are worried about the public, they could just have one of those little banners running at the bottom of the tv screen, warning people.

Back