Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 7, 2017

You guys are right on the money. A Guy, Iwas going to comment on that half open door, which should have enabled the entire hospital to hear all. Plus, I guess no video cams anywhere, right?

I think Ron C is very clever, but truly doubt the killer of Deimos is Abby, tho I will agree that in his fogged state, that is what Chad thought.

Jason....yep......I do want to watch Tripp getting redeemed. Am not sure about the how. I have long felt that someone needed to really sit down with him, give him details, minute details. I do understand they wanted to spare him, but in doing so, he developed a false sense of who Ava was. Lucas Adams (Tripp) is a good actor, & I feel is an asset not to be thrown away.

That said......gosh, agree, Jason.......wow, indeed.

Has anyone mentioned the brain surgery Kayla had to have because of the lovely Ava?? Or is this water under the bridge??

Amazing performances. How could one writer not see the ability in the actors?? And write such pathetic drivel for them?? Oh well, now they have meaty storylines, and I'm enjoying the show.

My current murder suspect is Abigail; it all fits. She and Chad heard/saw Deimos running down the hallway past their impromptu wedding-vow chapel. Chad pursued him, and if memory serves, Abby followed. Chad would have wiped prints off the knife to protect himself, or Abby. :eek:

I'm on this bandwagon as well and actually said this a couple weeks ago. I think she did it to protect Chad somehow. Bonus points to the writers if they had her hallucinating that Deimos was Ben during the ordeal. My runner up suspect is Dario simply because he was trying to set Chad up with the photo.

Also, I noticed Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) in the credits today. Either that's a mistake or we will be seeing flashbacks this week.

Lucas Adams (Tripp) is a good actor, & I feel is an asset not to be thrown away.

Agreed. Literally the only thing saving him for me.

I thought the Chad/Abby/Gabi scenes were all fantastic. I liked that Gabi walked away from Chad with some dignity in tact and I thought the dialogue was perfect. I also thought it was great that Chad was silent because he really couldn't disagree. I actually still have the episode on the DVR so I can rewatch these scenes.

I still would have liked to see wider camera shots with Chad and Abby though. Way too many close ups.

I also liked Gabi and JJ at the end though I don't like her whining about Chad to JJ of all people. I'd like to see her have some self awareness about how she emotionally cheated on JJ with Chad and then apologize to JJ. I still think JJ and Gabi are a rooting couple but I don't want him taking her back so easily.

The Steve/Kayla/Tripp/Joey stuff was good but not great. I felt like there was a lack of urgency and I also thought it was ridiculous that nobody else heard them with the open door.

The Xander twist was interesting. I almost wanted him to be Damon in that flashback. It's also a shame that they didn't play Xander like this from the get go. He should have been the family black sheep always looking for acceptance from Victor. Again, my money is on Abby or Dario.

That said......gosh, agree, Jason.......wow, indeed.
Agreed. Literally the only thing saving him for me.
I'm literally at a loss for words for the performance of Mr Adams. I hate Tripp but he actually made me feel bad for him. Like when Annie (Cynthia Watros) broke down on GL on the witness stand, or when Kristen's baby plot was revealed. You hate the character but you actually sympathise with their struggle and desperation and hopelessness
I liked that Gabi walked away from Chad with some dignity in tact
I'd like to see her have some self awareness about how she emotionally cheated on JJ with Chad and then apologize to JJ.
:clap::clap::clap:

I'm hoping they either wrap the murder up simply (WHY has nobody who knows about the photo suggested Dario might be the killer!?! Because he was so trustworthy!?!?!?) or it's a lot more complex. Like Heather suggested - Abby thought Deimos was Ben, went to attack him, failed; Sonny helped, Deimos fell, was wounded, attacked the waiter - waiter finished him in self defence. In their groggy confused state, Chad and Sonny moved the body, Chad wiped everyone's prints, blah blah. I vote the latter if we have weeks more of story, but I'd not mind Deimos being erased altogether by next Monday.

Thanks, Poirot,

It's a miracle, Abby is awake and doesn't have complete amnesia. She knows everyone,
but doesn't remember the accident.

So Xander was another red herring. I wonder how many we'll see before the real killer
is caught.

The door at the hospital was a big thing for me too. Anyone walking by should have
heard all the yelling. Maybe there was someone listening and heard Joey's confession.

Poor Gabi, she finally admitted she couldn't be Chad. Is there still a chance with JJ?

Great show today. All the actors did a great job.

The hospital where I work has doors that can't stay open like that. You either have to secure them open, or they auto-close. All the doors in the employee-only hallway where the Physician call room is work that way, too. And so does the door on the call room.

So that's a minimum of two, maybe three secure doors that Tripp, Joey, and Steve waltzed through at three different times - and we're worried about a door that's ajar? LOL - maybe time for another "Not Even in Salem" thread!!

At least we now know how the girly magazine got in the room of the Salem Inn.

I was afraid Chad was going to hurt Abby there at the last, when he was hugging her so hard. She just had surgery for serious internal injuries!

Did JJ tell Gabi in the park (or whatever that area is) that he was getting take out for Abby? Please tell me I misunderstood him. As riveting as the scenes were, I was having some attention lapses because I was already getting too sleepy to be watching. Surely Abby wasn't already up to eating much of a meal? Just because she woke up doesn't mean she isn't still in critical condition. All those internal injuries and everything.

I sure did enjoy this episode though! When Gabi was sitting there alone crying, I was hoping, hoping, hoping that JJ would come along.

I thought that comment was funny, too. After just waking up from the accident/surgery, she'd still be on liquids. Especially considering Jennifer asked Abby if she wanted more ice chips. Sure, Jen offers ice chips, but JJ comes in with a juicy Brady burger, a steaming bowl of clam chowder and a container of fresh Wanchai Ferry.

Thanks Poirot for the great summary, you nailed it! I loved this episode! I always record the show during the day and watch it at night. It has been a VERY long time since I have saved an episode to watch a second time. I am about to rewatch this one now.:clap::)

People can and will confess to anything: Didn't it occur to Little Trippy that with a scalpel held to her neck, Kayla might confess to any murder he named, including the killings of Nick Fallon, EJ, Faye Walker, Ford Decker, Paige, Serena, and Deimos.

When Kayla started to confess after the lengthy denials I wanted to say to Tripp, "Duh, do you really believe this confession under such circumstances?" Heck, I'd confess to almost anything if someone had a scalpel (knife, gun, hands etc) at my throat.

Abby/Chad/Gabi all did SO good. The writing and acting were awesome!

Ready for the Deimos murder to be solved. Glad Victor's plan didn't work out. As I've said before, I don't think ol' Vic would do well in prison. But setting up a fall guy just isn't the way I'd write it!

Didn't miss the Hattie, Bonnie, etc gang at all! But I want Marlena out of that place. John to the rescue PLEASE!

Back