Days of Our Lives - Mon. Dec. 30, 2013

Okay I have some issues with the way the writers write things or maybe it's the directing but seriously when Will went into the bedroom to be with Ari and then later we see him walking around with her in her carseat, how the heck did he get that from the stroller that Sonny pushed out of the way in the living room at the beginning of the show...I know I'm picky on things like that but it bugs me! Just like all of a sudden there was a "back way" out of the apartment. Do they think no body notices things like that? Okay I'm done ...

An interesting show. A lot of funny stuff.

Brady I'm not taking drugs... drops his vial. Oops

EJ was interesting to watch trying to help out with cover
up the murder. Hopefully, the clean up crew will get it all.
Will Gabi remember to shred the notes she's taking?

It was funny to hear them talking about Will
finding out because he was in the closet :)

EJ can do math since double the people know
about Nick, Three male, three female...

I enjoyed Kate's line about "locking the closet"

Will's line was funny about "Ari being raised by Sopranos"
Do The Three sing soprano?

As much as I don't like druggie Brady, it was good to hear someone call Dan out on being a detective/doctor and having to be the "savior" all of the time. Lets see: he's currently still working to identify the drug Kristen used on Eric in the hopes of clearing his name; he's letting everyone believe lies about him so that he can keep JJ out of jail; and now he wants to help Brady with his drug problem because he isn't dealing with the emotional pain Kristen has caused him. Someone get this man his angel wings now. Maybe then he'll take a breather.

And almost forgot, Brady telling the camera man to keep his $5,000 camera away from his $500,000 nose AND Daniel ordering Brady to empty his pockets and Brady asking "Empty my pockets? What are you, Hope Brady?" :rotfl:

This whole fiasco with Will could have been avoided if Sonny told him what he overheard in the closet, and then confirmed with Gabi, instead of making believe the secret was a birthday party. After all the swearing to tell the truth no matter what, this really chapped my hide. While I get that Sonny didn't want Will to know his mother and grandmother were involved, the truth was going to come out eventually, better to be proactive here. Too late now.

Now that we see it's a log and not Nick in the water, the question remains if Nick is still alive somewhere. To me, that is far worse than finding his dead body in the water, because EJ could easily dispose of it with all his resources.

I had a huge problem with Will running away with Arianna (and especially out of a door in Ari's bedroom which didn't exist before and which is quite an odd place to put a door to the outside). Where exactly did he think he could go, and without any clothing, baby supplies, etc.? I know it was a knee-jerk reaction to the devastating news he just learned, but it was not logical thinking and definitely not in Arianna's best interest. His comment about "The Sopranos" was hysterical, and I swear that I was going to say (but never did) that if Nick's body did reappear, they could do what they did on "The Sopranos"...and excuse my being so blunt here...chop Nick up in pieces, wrap them up, and dispose of them in different parts of the city. :OT:As an aside: If anyone remembers "Nip/Tuck," a dead body was wrapped up in a bunch of hams and left by the edge of The Everglades in Florida...wait a minute...the alligators came up and ate all the evidence. Gross, but a brilliant plot device, I must say.

One thing in EJ's favor...he thinks way outside the box. Kate's boots would definitely have implicated her. Sometimes it is better to be on EJ's side, sorry to say. :(

Poor Liam...he seems like such a nice guy. Maybe this mess of a first date will turn him off Jennifer and lead him to someone else in Salem, as discussed previously. One can only hope. :clap:

Everything Brady said was so disgusting, he was so out of control, I'm glad that Daniel proved he was using. Brady acted as if he could handle such a small amount of powder, but everyone knows this is not the case. I hope he gets the help he needs, once and for all, and becomes the Brady we used to like. By using again, Kristen has won, and he has to remember this.

I had a huge problem with Will running away with Arianna (and especially out of a door in Ari's bedroom which didn't exist before and which is quite an odd place to put a door to the outside). Where exactly did he think he could go, and without any clothing, baby supplies, etc.? I know it was a knee-jerk reaction to the devastating news he just learned, but it was not logical thinking and definitely not in Arianna's best interest

If the writers were writing Will true to character and using Marlena's character wisely, he would have gone straight to his grandma Marlena. She, afterall, has been the first person he turns to when things are bad, or when he needs a place to stay.

Good show overall even though I wasn't crazy about a lot of the characters on today

@SophieRose: I had the exact same thought about the car seat!

I had actually had the impression that Will may have climbed out a window in the bedroom, especially when Sonny walked out the front door. :confused: I just watched the scene again and Sonny said he went out the "back" not the "back door".

I still Anne but she made some valid points today. But then again so did Jennifer. It was nice to see Jennifer actually find her backbone with Anne.

Abby's text was definitely from Cameron and quite convenient timing too. Nice to know she has friends other than Gabi. But other than that who cares?

Kate was on fire today! Loved her comebacks to Jr. But Jr. was definitely up to something. He WAY too quiet and subdued in the apartment. LOL about Kate's Christian Louboutin boots. I did think Kate's line about "His Grandmother is right here" when referring to Marlena was a little awkward.

Jennifer/Liam: Who cares?

JJ: Hilarious

KMansion crew: Fantastic scenes but I still don't get why the Doc of all trades can't figure out Brady is high just by looking at him? Why does he need to be told by an 18 year old? :confused:

Fashion Notes: Kate's purse was very Kate and likely very expensive. Hated Abigail's skirt. Jen and Liam were both way too dressed up for the Brady Pub and for an aforementioned casual dinner date. Didn't care for Jen's dress either. Eric needs dressier sneakers.

Jen leaving the date to confront Anne was just silly. Even sillier were JJ and Liam eating after Liam told Jen he'd wait for her to come back before eating.

Thanks for the summary. I don't like the drug story and have not had much interest in Brady in a long time, but I thought the actor playing him did an outstanding job today with facial expressions, especially the eyes. I agree with Heather4CU that Dr. Dan, and really, anyone else, should have been able to tell something was very wrong, just by looking at Brady and watching him. I'm glad they found the bottle. I hope I don't have to see it again.

Wilde Woman, that thing about spreading the body parts around actually happened in a town near me a few years ago, when a woman murdered her husband. :back: I hope Nick will turn up alive and soon. This thing can't be kept a secret for long with all these goofballs running around town squawking about their secret, which already isn't much of one.

I just saw the Will finds out scene on youtube, (I really need to catch up! At least to find out how EJ knows now! Four weeks of recap reading coming soon...), I think Will's reaction to finding out they murdered Nick was the best so far. I thought Sonny's was good, but Will just topped it. I:OT: slightly but I think at this point, too many lives are going to be ruined when it's revealed about the Nick "murder." I think Gabi needs to do the noble thing and confess to the crime. Because if Will gets involved in covering it up too, if they all get found out, Ari could lose both of her parents. And if Gabi has a good lawyer (Justin, not EJ) she could get away with the crime or at least a lesser sentence. The longer they wait, the more this hurts their case. And they have to know Nick's murder will come out eventually, especially when they put rocks in his pockets, right? If they didn't do that, maybe the terrible Salem P.D might have thought it was suicide considering how bad his life seemed to be going.
Back to the topic, I just watched the Brady, Eric, Daniel and Nicole scene. It was sooooooo good. The acting was great. The writing was good too. I'm glad they're actually showing the consequences of drug addiction, with the Theresa and JJ stuff not really going down a serious road, I worried the writers would treat the subject lightly.

I'll throw my own observations in here, lol. Anne said she could see Jennifer's parking space from her office window. Uh, wasn't Daniel's car inside a parking garage when JJ trashed it? Maybe Jen doesn't score an inside parking space?
Was Gabi seriously going to take notes on the "how to get away with murder" discussion?? LOL I'm with katmouse on this one!
Not only is there a front door to the dysfunctional trios apartment, there are two bedroom doors, a closet door, and another door near where they park the buggy and had the Christmas tree! Where the back door came from, I don't know, but I never figured out where that side door went, lol!!

There were so many things that were funny about this episode, that you all have touched on already.
The very end when Brady and Dr Dan were tussling it just looked like they were hugging to me :rotfl:
Elvis taking charge is such a relief - all of Gabi, Samantha and Kate's (as well as Sonny and Will) troubles are over now :sarcasm: Super Elvis to the rescue!!
I enjoyed most of it very much and didn't even delete it yet...I may go back and check out some things again.

Just an aside at Wilde Woman, but I seem to recall an old Twilight Zone (Rod Serling was a master at it) where this woman killed her husband with a frozen leg of lamb, then proceeded to roast it, and serve it to the cops investigating the case, just a nice gesture on her part, since they had spent so much time there, and did not home for dinner. LOL
:back:
Entirely too many people now know of this. It was bad enough there were THREE to begin with. Then Sonny was added, Sami had to tell EJ who has stuck his nose in big time now, and now we have the seemingly righteous Will. (And let's not forget Will shot a man himself, and let someone else take the fall). Also, I am not counting Percy out, not yet, anyway. Bet Stefano will get in on the act as well.

Back