Days of Our Lives - Mon. Jan. 11, 2010

Just a note on phone usage~ we now have a LAW here that no texting while driving -ok good law --but the other part of the law is that there is NO and I repeat NO hand held cell phone usage while "driving" in a school safe zone!! i.e. parking lots and in the schooldrop off area!!
We just got the email blast on the from the school district!

Today is a day for Kleenex and a barf bag.

I'm crying with the Hortons, but the Bo scenes are turning my stomach.

Favorite line:
Victor (to Brady): I think I liked you better when you were high.

High would be an improvement over just plain ol' stupid.

NO hand held cell phone usage while "driving" in a school safe zone!!

:OT:
I digress...

Why just school zones? It's okay to be a hazard on the road everywhere else?

Cell phones should not be used while operating a vehicle anywhere anytime - voice or text.

For the rest of us -- our lives are just as significant as anyone in a school.

Cell phones and driving do not mix. If the call is THAT important -- PULL OVER and park the damn car.

~annie (who feels like her head is about to explode)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:back: (sorry for the rant... List it under 'pet peeves') arghhhhhh

At least I know I can fast forward the Bo & Carly scenes. They make me sick! With no Monday Night Football, I can easily watch this tonight.

Watching this episode now... Wow
Thanks a lot Maggie. Now I'm a blubbering pile of mush, and I really want to call my husband.
Seriously though, so well acted.

Watching this episode now... Wow
Thanks a lot Maggie. Now I'm a blubbering pile of mush, and I really want to call my husband.
Seriously though, so well acted.

(passing box of kleenex) I know... hug hug hug

And the scenes with Julie! Oh, God, my heart is aching

Kudos to the actors
:cry2:

At least I know I can fast forward the Bo & Carly scenes. They make me sick! With no Monday Night Football, I can easily watch this tonight.

Me too!!! I had to leave when this was on. It literally turned my stomach. One minute he is professing his love for Hope and the next he is in bed with Carly. This is soooooo bad of the writers, it makes me want to stop watching until they get rid of this story line.

Apparently Bo lives by the words of the old Stephen Stills song:

If you can't be with the one you love, then love the one your with.

He did this with Billie also when Hope wasn't around.

Oh Maggie, my heart is breaking for you.
Bo and Carly I want to slap the stupid off both of you.

HEY TROPICAL BREEZE !! (OT sorry !)

Just a note on phone usage~ we now have a LAW here that no texting while driving -ok good law --but the other part of the law is that there is NO and I repeat NO hand held cell phone usage while "driving" in a school safe zone!! i.e. parking lots and in the schooldrop off area!!
We just got the email blast on the from the school district!

That's funny ! I was reading your message and thought, "OH HEY ! Same here in Illinois !" and saw you are near Chicago ! I am too... in the burbs.

Since you are "Tropical Breeze" do you like Jimmy Buffett ?

I am the Membership Director for the local Club ! LOL... you might want to come check us out !

*PEACE* !
MM123

Gosh Barb! Thank you so much for the write up.

I'm so saddened by the fact that such a poignant show, which should be about Mickey, Maggie and their family's heartache is going to be ruined by the fact that we the viewers, will have to be subjected to Bo and Carly going at it on the same episode.

I'm actually pretty appalled by this. Even with Nathan and Melanie, it revolves around the Horton family and the feeling of loss and love amongst them, not just too people "getting it on."

I will watch only for my Horton's. I will fast forward anything with Bo and Carly

Gosh Barb! Thank you so much for the write up.

I'm so saddened by the fact that such a poignant show, which should be about Mickey, Maggie and their family's heartache is going to be ruined by the fact that we the viewers, will have to be subjected to Bo and Carly going at it on the same episode.

I'm actually pretty appalled by this. Even with Nathan and Melanie, it revolves around the Horton family and the feeling of loss and love amongst them, not just too people "getting it on."

I will watch only for my Horton's. I will fast forward anything with Bo and Carly
You have brought up a really good point. Especially for those who have been faithful followers of Bo and Hope and now devastated by the "departure" of yet another Horton, this must be really hard to handle...being subjected to both tragedies in one episode. :(

You have brought up a really good point. Especially for those who have been faithful followers of Bo and Hope and now devastated by the "departure" of yet another Horton, this must be really hard to handle...being subjected to both tragedies in one episode. :(

rew, I think the 'blending' of the two stories (Mickey's death and Bo & Carly doing the deed) was deliberate. Let's face it, long time fans would watch the Horton loss unfold, ratings probably higher than average. If Bo & Carly did it at another time, people would turn off the show, ratings go down. This way, you 'have' to watch the show .... and ff (fast forward) if you can, thru the nasty Salem Inn scenes. If you watch 'live', you're stuck. (there's always the mute button, or going out of the room to do a chore.:)) But, in either case, the ratings still go up.

I just watched the show. Loved all the scenes related to Mickey's death. Really gut wrenching. Hated the Bo/Carly scenes. Busied myself with chores during those scenes. [watching live. no fast forward]

LOVED the Carly/Bo scenes! Felt bad for Carly though with her face all red from his beard!

Maggie was great-Melanie not so much. She couldn't even conjure up a tear.

More Bo&Carly!!!

rew, I think the 'blending' of the two stories (Mickey's death and Bo & Carly doing the deed) was deliberate. Let's face it, long time fans would watch the Horton loss unfold, ratings probably higher than average. If Bo & Carly did it at another time, people would turn off the show, ratings go down. This way, you 'have' to watch the show .... and ff (fast forward) if you can, thru the nasty Salem Inn scenes. If you watch 'live', you're stuck. (there's always the mute button, or going out of the room to do a chore.:)) But, in either case, the ratings still go up.

You are probably right. I know that there are people here who having been waiting the the Carly Bo link up, so they had their day in spades didn't they?:rolleyes:

The show does like to do a "point" and "counterpoint" at times, and that is what they were doing. Here was Hope, dealing with the death of her dear uncle, trying to comfort Maggie, and making calls, beside herself with grief.....and there was Bo, hormones raging away, getting it on with the woman who has upset Hope so badly.

The diversity of opinions reminds me of reaction to theatre movies at times. You hear how great the movie is, how so and so was so wonderful, etc. and you see it, and are bored beyond belief. Or hear that this new song or new singer is so wonderful, and when you hear.......not so good to you. So.....o.k. I know some of us here just loved the idea of Bo & Carly going for the horizontal mambo, even if he is committing adultery........and others of us are absolutely repelled.
Just ask any of us what our favorite color is.....lol.....gets surprising. :wink:

This is so true Barb. I think that this show has had such a lot of "heavy" storylines lately that there needs to be more comedic relief. I know that the writers think that Bo and Carly is going to steam things up and perhaps up the ratings at the same time...and it might work...but it a very big gamble. I think they have polarized the fans with this almost to the extent that they have with ej.
I think I would have much preferred to watch some retorts from Viv and Victor then to be pulled back and forth between death and lust.

Back