Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jan. 3, 2011

chocoholic

Reaction score
(or possibly Tuesday, January 4... not sure what day this will air in the US)

I wont get a chance to watch this today, but for sure will post the summary tomorrow morning. And I'll try to keep it a bit shorter this time ;)

Happy New Year everyone! Stay safe tonight.

Looking forward to it! Thanks choco. I do believe the show airs Monday in the U.S.

Happy new year!

Little later than I wanted to post this, but I couldn't tear my fiance away from all the hockey on TV today so I could watch this earlier. Men! Happy new year everyone!

Again, I'm too wordy, so this is in two posts.

Stephanie and Nathan are in bed and her phone starts ringing - its Kayla. Stephanie stares at her phone, decides not to answer it. She realizes her mom is back in town and wanting to know if she told everyong about the paternity test yet.

Philip is demanding to see his son, Chloe argues with him a bit but he is insistent.

Daniel tells Melanie that Philip and Chloe are Parker's parents and he can't take him away from them. Melanie says they would make horrible parents and she is going to go take Parker away right now. Daniel stops her and says this is the worst thing they could do.

Rafe and Sami are at home, Sami's phone rings - she answers, listens for a bit and is surprised at something.

EJ and Nicole are in the Dimera living room. He tells her to call Brady right now and end it right away or she'll never see Sydney again. She asks EJ if he is in love with her. He mockingly tells her he is madly in love with her and completes her (haha). He then tells her he does not love her, cant stand her and has very little respect for her. she then asks then why does he want to make her his wife, and why is ruining Sami's life more important than his own sanity. She also asks how it could be healthy for Sydney and Johnny to see their father in an unhealthy marriage - that they would see her resentment towards him. He says if they ever see her resentment towards her, she would be out on her a$$ so its a moot point. Tells her to go see Sydney if she wants and then leave. Nicole is really emotional throughout all this, pushing EJ around and crying towards the end of it all.

Melanie doesn't understand how taking Parker away from Philip and chloe is terrible after what those two did to her and Daniel. He tells her this isn't about them, to think about Parker and how he deserves to be with his parents. She gets emotional, saying she doesn't want to lose Parker. He tells her to be strong, that the two of them will be there for each other. His phone rings, he tells her he has to go - but first makes her tell him that she will be ok if he leaves. She says she will be, so he leaves, promising to call later. She grabs a picture of her and Philip off the table, throws it and breaks down crying. (I really wanted to hug her)

Chloe finally lets Philip hold Parker. Philip tells Parker he's his daddy, Chloe looks uncomfortable.

Sami just got word that Caroline had a stroke. Rafe tells her he will take her to the hospital.

Nicole is telling Sydney how much she loves her and how important Sydney is to her. She walks away from her and calls Brady (who answers at the pub) and asks if he is free to meet her at the pier in 10 minutes.

Phillp is still talking to Parker, telling him he's going to be around a lot from now on. Chloe looks very unhappy with this, telling Philip that Daniel is still legally Parker's father. Phillp says there is no way Daniel is going to want to stick around and continue to raise Parker, tells Parker that his mommy lives in a dream world. Chloe wants to put Parker down for his nap, Phillp insists that he will, Chloe tells him to leave. Philip agrees to leave, says good night to Parker (says "happy new year, son") and reminds Chloe that everything is going to be different now. He leaves. Chloe tells Parker that his daddy is going to come back, that he has to.

Maggie and Kate are in the pub, Kate tells her she's just picking up take-out. Maggie figures that her and Victor are staying in, that Victor would not be in the mood to go out tonight and how Kate needs to be there for him. Kate doesn't seem to know about Caroline, but plays along and wishes Maggie a happy new year on the way out. She goes outside and calls Victor, leaves a voicemail asking why Maggie thinks she needs to be there for him.

Brady and Nicole are at the pier (beautifully decorated!). He tells her he's the luckiest guy in the world for being able to spend New Years Eve with her and that he's found a way to get rid of Vivian, which means the two of them can be together and have the life they've always wanted. She gets emotional and turns away. He turns her around and asks if her life now belongs to EJ and if she's going to dump him, the only man who's ever truly loved her.

Melanie opens the door to leave the Kiriakis house and runs into Philip. He sees the suitcase and tells her she can't leave.

Stephanie stares at her phone and debates whether or not to call Kayla back (tells Nathan that its her friend calling about missing earrings). Nathan offers her chocolate, she claims she's not hungry anymore, and he says this doesn't sound like her and there must be something else going on.

Kayla, Sami and Rafe are in Caroline's room. Kayla and Rafe leave, Caroline (having a tough time speaking) asks if Sami is ok. Sami says not to worry about her, that its her turn to take care of Caroline now. She's still trying to talk, telling Sami she's not sorry about what she did, that she will always protect her family (I think... really hard to tell!)

Brady asks if EJ finally convinced Nicole to give him up. Nicole tells him that Vivian showed EJ the pictures and that he doesn't believe they were faked. Brady asks so what, why not just tell EJ to go to hell. Nicole says EJ is giving her another chance, that this isn't just about giving him up and she has to give up everything - her life, her freedom. She starts crying, apologizes but this is about Sydney who needs her. Brady comments that Nicole needs her too. Nicole tells Brady that he was there for her during her miscarriage, knows what she went through and that Sydney is still her baby in her heart and that she has the chance to have her baby back. She begs him to understand. He tells her that he understands (he's crying too). She tells him she will always love him, gives him a kiss and walks away.

Chloe tells Parker she just knows his daddy will come back to them because he loves the two of them so much. Just then, Daniel walks in the door. Chloe runs to him, hugs him and kisses him. He doesn't push him away. She asks him to please tell her that she's not dreaming. He replies that he can't, because she is dreaming, and there's no way she could believe that he would really come back to a lying ****. She then wakes up.

The real Daniel is at the hospital, Maxine gives him his tickets to the New Years fireworks display at the pier. He takes them, walks away and throw them out.

stephanie admits its something else, Nathan asks what. She asks, instead of going back to Salem to get married, why not just get married here tonight. He doesnt think its possible, asks her what the rush is. She looks up things on her phone, says if they go to Virginia they can get married right now. He tells her he had other plans for them tonight, she asks if they are really more important than getting married. He thinks its crazy to go to Virginia right now, that they should stay in Baltimore for the night and they can go tomorrow.

Melanie tells Philip to get out of her way, he asks her to hear him out, she tells him they have nothing to say to each other and leaves (brushing past Kate on the way who has just arrived). Kate asks Philip what is going on.

Rafe and Sami are back at home, she tells him she will go to the fireworks celebration with him tonight.

Nicole is back at the Dimera living room, EJ asks if she has made her decision. Tells her there is a new dress waiting upstairs for her and that they should go out tonight and celebrate their engagement at the fireworks celebration tonight.

Rafe and Sami are at the pier (big party there now), she tells him next year will be perfect because they will have all their children back together and EJ wont be in their lives anymore. Just then, EJ and Nicole walk up.

Philip finds the shattered picture that Melanie threw, Kate asks if he's going to tell her why his wife has left with her bags. Philip tells her that it came out that Daniel is not the father of Chloe's baby. She calls Chloe all sorts of names, is ready to start celebrating. He tells her that she may want to hold off on the celebrating until after she hears who the father is. She figures it out, seems pretty disgusted.

Rafe thinks him and Sami should leave, but Sami thinks EJ and Nicole should leave, he tells her they are there to celebrate. She asks what they could be celebrating instead of him being home guarding his children from his mother. Asks EJ if he is just with Nicole (calls her a whore) to get back at her, says she knows Nicole disgusts him that she disgusts everyone because she is a total lowlife *****. Nicole throws her drink at Sami, EJ cackles (yep, cackles... kinda creepy!)

Philip defends himself, Kate blames Chloe, says Chloe obviously seduced him. She doesn't understand how this happens, asks why he didn't even have the sense to use protection. She says she needs a drink and asks him whats next besides Jerry Springer. She assumes that its over between him and Melanie - he tells her not to assume because he will never let Melanie go.

Melanie is at the pub, talking to Maggie who gives her a big hug. Melanie figures she must be cursed because there is no other explanation. She says she gave up everything for Philip and feels stupid, that now she is paying for it and never should have given up Nathan.

Nathan leaves Stephanie alone for a while, Stephanie checks her voicemail and hears Kayla's message about Caroline having a stroke and being in the hospital.

Sami tries to attack Nicole, Rafe drags her away. He dries her off, she complains she is cold, and he says he will need to warm her up. Starts kissing her, EJ watches and his smile quickly fades.

Nathan comes back to Stephanie with champagne for the countdown, sees her all shaken up and asks what happened. She doesn't tell him about Caroline, just asks him to hold her.

Its almost countdown time at the pub, Melanie tells Maggie she doesn't know if she wants to stick around for it. Maggie tells her lets go home.

Kate tells Philip she hopes Melanie does come back to him, and no matter what she loves him and will love his son. They hug.

Chloe is sitting with Parker, remembering the previous new year with Daniel.

Daniel is still at the hospital, Maxine asks why he is still there and not at the pier. He tells her he has changed his mind and wishes her a happy new year.

Everyone is counting down at the pier (Brady is now there too, drinking hard liquor straight out of the bottle and watching EJ and Nicole from a distance). Sami and Rafe are actually having a very happy moment together. EJ pops some balloons to gets everyone's attention and announces his engagement to Nicole. Sami looks pretty upset.

Next episode:

Bo calls someone asking for help
EJ tells Stefano this is a way to drive Sami mad and make the kids happy - a win win
Sami tells Rafe she's going to find a way to fix this, its going to end

Melanie "gave up everything for Philip"????? What? She never "had" Nathan. What else did she "give up"? I think I'm starting to not like Melanie.

Thanks for posting Choc!

Looking forward to the scenes at the pier. Glad Nicole throws a drink in Sami's face, wish it was a punch though to get her back for earlier.

So Melanie is having a poor little me party lamenting her decision to marry Philip instead of being with Nathan? Come on...I know it's still fresh (and I'm starting to sound like a broken record) but I really hope that Melanie eventually sees her own part in this whole mess. Sigh...

Yep. I still can't figure out what she gave up to marry Philip. He only told her to quit nursing school, but she went back. She gained a husband who loves her, extended family, financial security, etc.

Thanks Chocoholic!

I still love Nathan and hope that Mel and Nathan get together which I think they will. They always loved each other and still do.

I do NOT like Stephanie and never did. She is rotten, dishonest, selfish and deserves to be alone.

Melanie "gave up everything for Philip"????? What? She never "had" Nathan. What else did she "give up"? I think I'm starting to not like Melanie.

ugh, I am SO with you on this. Writing that letter to Nathan on the day of her wedding really was not "giving anything up". I was feeling really bad for her until she said all that.

I agree. That comment is completely out of left field. She didn't give anything up for Philip. She never HAD Nathan in the first place. She made a choice of her own free will, and in retrospect, it appears to be the wrong choice. But she didn't give anything up and was treated better by Philip than she treated him ... except of course for that one thing.

Great summary choco. Thank you!

I hope Mel and Phil work it out soon, with no going back to Nathan. she and Nathan have NO CHEMISTRY. Not that Nathan and Stephanie do either. Philip really really loves her and she knows it......I really hope this is not a year long story.

Yep. I still can't figure out what she gave up to marry Philip. He only told her to quit nursing school, but she went back. She gained a husband who loves her, extended family, financial security, etc.

She gave up being broke maybe?? phil lose way more to be with her starting with his dignity.

but it seems today i will like brady a lot less...he's right back to square one
i'll also like nikky a lot less....so she really thinks that she will have syd long enough that this is all worth it?
and i never liked ej so today won't change that

stephanie i have to say its better safe than sorry answer the phone

melanie get over yourself....you hated your mom for giving you up and put on your poor me face but now you think you can take someone elses child because they had SEX?? get over yourself...you are NOT the most important thing in the world no matter how much maggie, phil, carly and dan say you are

Thanks for the write-up:clap:

I still love Nathan and hope that Mel and Nathan get together which I think they will. They always loved each other and still do.

I agree totally, DaysFan.

I do NOT like Stephanie and never did. She's a rotten, dishonest, selfish snake, and deserves to be alone.

I hope Mel and Phil work it out soon, with no going back to Nathan. she and Nathan have NO CHEMISTRY. Not that Nathan and Stephanie do either. Philip really really loves her and she knows it......I really hope this is not a year long story.

I totally DISAGREE. Melanie and Nathan belong together. Nathan should not be with that snake Stephanie.

Oh, I absolutely loved how Rafe helped Sami from going after Nicole. And there was smug EJ, laughing heartily at Nicole throwing her drink at Sami, grinning from ear to ear figuring he was going to "sock it to her" as he announced his engagement, and that grin turning into a frown as Sami's attention was focused on Rafe, his on her, they were kissing. LOLOL

Back