Days of Our Lives - Mon. Jan. 6, 2014

OMG yes I forgot!! What would Lucas' response be to the fact his own niece Abigail had SEX with EJ. I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them come to blows and Jennifer not stopping Lucas. First EJ taking Sami away from Lucas and now his niece Abby! Yes there is THAT dynamic too! Great writers here

Assuming it was the Horton cabin, possible explanations for the sudden appearance of the large bed include:
1) it was put there by a bear with a talent for interior decoration who expected to hibernate in the cabin;
2) it was placed there by Jeremy "Touch the Sky Airlines" Horton or Tricky Nicky because one of them plans to hide out in the cabin;
3) it had been put there earlier by Jennifer who was anticipating hot weekends with the Love Doctor, which didn't include emergency surgery;
4) the Hortons have rented the place to Percy the birdwatcher who plans to search for rare species on Smith Island;
5) it was just put there by darling Jen in anticipation of exciting trysts with pharmaceutical salesman Liam;
6) it was placed there by Father Eric who plans to spend the winter in the cabin living like a monk and engaging in prayer and spiritual renewal.

On the subject of the Horton cabin, despite the claims that it was warm, the place appears to have no heating system other than the fireplace, which had no fire in it. It also appears to be totally uninsulated. Since EJ and Abby sat around the cabin coatless in the middle of the worst Middle West cold wave in decades, should viewers assume that they, like some Antarctic fish, have anti-freeze enzymes in their blood?

When Abby opened the door to the Horton cabin, I had to laugh at the bed being the main focus in the room..and weren't the lovely springtime flowers on the table suitable for the season? :sarcasm: Have to admit I prefer EJ appearing in scenes with anyone but Sami...looks like there's chemistry brewing between EJ and Abby...oh boy - the fallout's gonna be good! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Sheesh, you all forgot that Salem is under a dome of some kind. Thus it has no snow at all, leaves on trees in January, and of course the magic elves that put the Christmas decorations up, and then take them down without a soul seeing them. Oh, it has a couple places where fresh air comes in, thus they get some colder air, but they don't have to button their coats, wear hats, put their scarves around their necks INSIDE their coats or jackets, and heck, can even wear their summer clothing.
I guess the set people, wardrobe & directors really have a problem thinking of cold, and snow when trying to film thanksgiving in August and Christmas in September. Probably hard to get "in the mood". LOL

I was sitting here in KY, freezing, and Hope is wearing a sleeveless dress! What the!?

@JS......Abby mentioned the cabin was still warm. Which meant the heat had been on. So, the water would have been o.k. (pipes). However, when you leave a cabin unoccupied during the winter, you always ....shut off the water supply, and drain the lines. And you put anti=-freeze in the drains. You absolutely, positively shut off the water, though.
If you don't, if a waterpipe freezes, and perhaps cracks, when it melts/thaws, etc. then the water would be running constantly, and ...yep.....floodville.

In my opinion, that was NOT the Horton cabin. First, it was never referred to as such, which it has always been in the past. Abby only said Hope had gone to Smith Island. She never said, Hope went to the Horton cabin, or is at the Horton cabin. Still think it amazing that the lake/river is open.
I think the Horton sign was on the cabin.

I was so excited about this "twist", I actually watched today's episode. Well most of it. This EJ and Abby thing could go in so many ways. One of them even might be EJ using THIS to blackmail Abby to not speak to Hope about Nick. Like Sonny so wittily said, EJ can convince anyone anything (except us viewers who hate him). Secondly, if EJ wanted to save/protect Samantha, he could have went with Abby's incredible false assumption about Gabi and him to distract her. EJ and Sami fans can delude themselves all they want, but EJ wanted Abby. Thirdly, wouldn't it be the best twist if Nick was alive and hidden in the cabin and got this to blackmail over EJ? Someone needs to use this against EJ and I don't see anyone still in the mix having the guts to do it. Nick was/is crazy enough to do it. Fourth, it was definitely NOT a dream. The question just is how far will they go? Fifthly, Cryin4days, your comments were cracking me up. But I feel your conflict. I could get behind an Abby and EJ pairing but EJ is such scum so I can't support this...but i want to.

To other things, this episode of DOOL was really good. I might start watching again. I feel like January and February might be good DOOL months. Also, I'm excited about Brady not being a Brady mainly because that probably means they plan to pair him with someone who is Brady already on the canvas. There is a certain bratty, also drug loving, Brady I would love to see paired with him.

Ej blackmailing Abby would actually be worst for him with trigger happy Sami who is killing some guy every other week!

Actually I would love that twist if Nick were hiding in the Cabin...Abby did say it was still warm...So yeah Nick own EJ's butt!

Sami months ago did as Ej, she wondered what the video at their wedding would be so maybe it is Ej & Abby going at it!

I could definitely see how this would be worse for EJ, but I think EJ could totally convince Abby it would be worse for her if it all came out. And honestly, it might be. Everyone already thinks EJ is scum (rightfully), but Sami. Sami, however, knows EJ's past awfulness, because he did most of it to her. Therefore if she forgave him 45 billion mistakes from him, she can forgive this one. But Abby has a pretty untainted Salem name, despite her past Austin craziness. So this could totally ruin her reputation and credibility more than EJ's.

Oh the plot would definitely thicken if Nick came back and was like "I was hiding out at the Horton cabin in Smith Island." EJ'S FACE WOULD BE PRICELESS.

Back