Days of Our Lives - Mon., July 11, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
July 11, 2016

The searching for two missing Salemites is the main focus today, with a bit of an illuminating chat between Claire & Ciara. Brady & a sobbing Theresa are in the park, joined by Shawn D. who is heading up the investigation for the missing Tate. She tells her story, gets even more upset when an officer finds Tate's favorite stuffed bunny. She cries and sobs..(but amazingly her eye shadow, mascara never runs or smudges, and not a single tear is rolling down her cheek, so the blush stays put! ::sarcasm: Shawn asks Brady, on the side, if Theresa is perhaps using again, Brady is vehement that is not the case. Shawn wonders if something was in her protein drink, takes it to be tested. Brady has called Victor, wondering if he perhaps took Tate, trying to teach Theresa a lesson. Vic denies it, starts to bad mouth her, Brady says NOT NOW. Vic is sorry, will get his men to help out with the search. He comes himself, does his usual snarking. Theresa gets very upset, goes on and on about what if they never get Tate back, hyperventilates & faints.

Brady has already called John who came to the park and is getting some ISA buddies to help. Theresa is next in the hospital, Marlena is with her, trying to reason with her, telling her about Belle being taken from her cradle, she totally understands all Theresa is feeling and thinking. Theresa wants out, wants back to the park, but is getting IV, has been tested, results go to police. Yes, her drink was spiked, and it was also in her system, says Shawn to Brady. He calls Marlena, gets updated, talks to Theresa, convincing her to go home in case of ransom demand.

In Horton Square, Ciara has Thomas, and has met with Claire, wanting to tell her all that is going on in the DiMera house, how broken up Chad is, she tells about the letter from Abigail, going to disappear, no one will see her again. (Flashbacks galore) Wise Claire knows Ciara is in love with Chad, Ciara denies, Claire knows better, warns her nothing will come of it, reminds her she has not even been to college yet, is still a kid, he is a man, at least 10 years older than her. That he will always look on her as a nanny for his kid, he loves Abigail, and will be looking for her forever. Ciara finally admits Claire is right, she wishes she knew what to do about these feelings, life sucks, etc. etc.

At the DiMera house, Andre is telling Chad how a woman fitting Abigail's description was seen boarding a charter flight to Miami (from L.A.) & it went down in the Gulf. No bodies recovered, everyone presumed dead. Chad doesn't believe it was Abby, who had no money, etc. etc. They argue, Chad just is not buying it. Andre leaves. JJ (in uniform) is there with another cop, and a warrant, Chad is ticked, but go ahead, search away, JJ sends the cop upstairs. JJ sees Chad's tablet with the news story of the plane that went down, Chad explains being interested, tells them of all the people in various cities he has working on this, JJ wants the contact in L.A. Chad refuses, the guy goes under the radar, no cops. JJ gets angry.

Ciara has returned, soon followed by Jennifer, who doesn't think Chad is hiding Abby in the house, but wants him to keep her informed. She sees Thomas in the stroller, wants to take him out for a walk. Chad tells her to go ahead, take him to the park, you should spend some time. Ciara starts babbling about having changed his diaper and fed him, so he shouldn't need anything, Jennifer responds in a huff, has had a lot more experience with babies than you, I think I know better how to handle one. She leaves. Ciara asks about the cops, learns of the search of the house, etc. The other cop has come down, no trace of Abby upstairs, JJ leaves.

Claire has run into Theo, tells him of Tate missing, he is astonished since Abby is, too. Claire tells how Ciara has mentioned Chad being devastated, but Theo has not seen Chad lately, hasn't been over there since Ciara doesn't want to see him ever. !!!

Andre is on the phone with one of his "workers", telling the person Abby's name has to appear on the manifest. She would use her own of course, but something off the top of her head. (weird how he says she is intelligent in one breath, and then is saying she is stupid). He says, Jen, Jenny.......yes, Jenny Thomas. That would be it, perfect.

Theresa is home, asleep on the sofa, dreaming (flashback scenes galore again) mostly about Summer. She awakens with a start, exclaims, Marlena comes rushing over, but Theresa only wants to call Brady, who is wandering around the square. He answers his phone, Theresa knows who took Tate, it was Summer.

I'm not sure how it happened but I actually like Theresa now. I know it is ludicrous that Brady would be with her after she smacked his dad with a fire poker and let him take the fall, but hey it's a soap. A lot worse things have been forgiven. I feel bad for her. I wonder how she was drugged?

Ciara and her crush on Chad is crazy and she ain't fooling nobody! Jen called her out on it and Claire too!

I don't really understand why Andre wants to convince Chad that Abigail is dead. To get more control?

I think Andre's motive is to gain control but maybe we will be surprised by the writers.

Poirot, there was also a scene where Brady ran into Ciara, Claire and Thomas thinking the stroller belonged to Tate since he has the exact same one. Interesting considering Tate is not an infant.

The show seems to be trying to make connections between friends and family again. Today was a decent episode. I'll list out what I thought was good and bad.

The Good:
Shawn being the lead detective on his cousin/ex-nephew Tate's case
Brady immediately calling John and Victor(shrug)
Claire telling Theo her cousin Tate was kidnapped
Claire yelling at Ciara and giving her tough love. More Claire please!!!!
Theo and Claire. I didn't hate it!
Claire was on for the entire episode. Has that happened before?
Marlena bringing up Belle's kidnapping(i.e. a hint that someone they know may have taken Tate)
JJ back in uniform with a partner
No Hope/Rafe/Aiden or Deimos chronicles
Shawn figuring out Jeannie T was drugged and Jeannie T figuring out it was Summer in the span of an episode. While the flashbacks were lengthy, they were put to good use.
Jen throwing shade at Ciara. She needs the tough love.
Jen taking her grandson to the park.
Utilizing Marlena to comfort Jeannie T instead of Maggie

The Bad:
Everyone except Shawn and Jen are dressed for Winter. And Chad's sweater is hideous and not age appropriate.
Claire and Ciara left HTS before Shawn got there.
Brady saying my grandfather to Shawn's face. I can't even begin to tell you how much this line annoyed me.
Marlena not mentioning Sami was Belle's kidnapper
Marlena's shoes
Thomas and Tate having the exact same baby stroller when they are not the same age:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Ciara not lifting Thomas out of the stroller once
Jen throwing shade at Ciara. Not one mention of Abby being Ciara's cousin. That would have been appropriate. So would a visit from Hope. I'd settle for Shawn.
Ciara and Claire talking about Abby as if she is Chad's wife and not their cousin.
Not acknowledging that Shawn is cousins with both Jeannie T and Brady.
Still having a hard time seeing Jeannie T and Brady as parents. The over the top screaming and crying didn't help.

Last edited:
Guess she leaves out the part that it was Sami who took Belle from her cradle. :rolleyes:
Marlena is certainly whitewashing history here. Maybe she doesn't want to provoke Sami into another one of her tirades about how John Black is a life-ruiner and that both Belle and Carrie are doodyheads.

Victor: The King of Snark certainly believes in not missing a chance to say "I told you so" and to kick somebody when they're down.

John: How many times over the years has he said, "Doc, I'm afraid we've got some bad news" or something similar? And why is he so sure that Kristen is dead when Andre is living, breathing proof that no evil DiMera can be safely assumed to be deceased? Only the good DiMera children (Tony, Benjie, and Lexie) stay dead.

Claire: She certainly is full of advice. Hopefully, somebody has some good advice for her when she realizes that Shaggy Phil's sketchy record label has gone belly up.

Andre: This guy is too devious for his own good. Doesn't he realize that in Salem no dastardly plot goes undiscovered? And where does he get all these "sources?"

Oh, that stroller scene was filler for sure. And of course Tate's is identical to Thomas's......it is the same one, all the studio can afford.

I guess if they are filming in colder weather (after all, this got filmed in Dec/January) they would be dressed a bit warmer. Just like when it is December/January they are in sleeveless, halter tops, light jackets if any at all, etc. etc.

Doesn't bother me that "cousin" is not mentioned, since they are all related in some way or another, we all know it, they know it.

Claire told Ciara they have known each other forever. LOL. Claire was sailing around the world for some time with her parents, then living in Maine.

I liked Jen reminding Ciara that she is an adult, who raised two children, interacted with many others, and probably Ciara herself when she was a baby. For Ciara to act as if only SHE knew what to do for Thomas was out of line.

Agree about who kidnapped Belle not being mentioned.

Claire did terrific in her scenes with Ciara, who seemed almost made of stone.Well, wrong comparison, just not much emotion or feeling in what they were discussing.

telling her about Belle being taken from her cradle
Did they mention by Sami?
John ... is getting some ISA buddies to help
Wow...weren't they peeved at him last we heard of this? Then again, having the ISA angry at you isn't probably too dangerous, if they're as bad at harming folks as they are at keeping them safe.
reminds her she has not even been to college yet
Oh come on, Claire, give Ciara the summer to finish College. Worked well for your mom and uncle.
Jennifer responds in a huff, has had a lot more experience with babies than you, I think I know better how to handle one
YES! Someone is finally telling off this horrid teen moppet. Jennifer is now my favourite character, since Lucas apparently only exists in Salem every 3rd full moon.
He says, Jen, Jenny.......yes, Jenny Thomas. That would be it, perfect.
Wow...that actually makes sense. Score one for the writers (leaving the point balance at -5009865).
More Claire please!!!!
:clap::clap::clap:
Brady saying my grandfather to Shawn's face
This both annoys me and doesn't. Shawn-D has never really considered Victor his grandfather, especially during the Philip/Belle/Claire chronicles. He's not Victor-Douglas. Unless they were close at another time, I'd feel it disingenuous for him to be acting like Vic was his grandpa. (Sort of the reverse of my own situation; I readily accept my stepdad's mother as my grandmother, but he is my stepdad always. Families are fun.)
Thomas and Tate having the exact same baby stroller when they are not the same age
Who knows, maybe this week, they are. :rotfl::rotfl:
Still having a hard time seeing Jeannie T and Brady as parents.
Me too! And honestly, I'm still hoping this mess is undone somehow.

A good episode today. I enjoyed the characters moving from scene to scene interacting
with other characters.

After watching the flashbacks Theresa had, I wonder if the butler oops nanny did it.
Someone close to Theresa had to drug the protein drink.

I laughed when John said he couldn't be Yo Ling or Kristen, since both are dead.
I guess John forgot he lives in Salem :)

John and Marlena were in the townhouse together and they hugged :love:

Chad's tablet must be a good one. He threw it across the room and it still worked.

Interesting to hear Andre say Abby wasn't bright and he came up with an alias for her. I hope
Chad is smarter than Andre and figures it out.

Hopefully, Claire will keep an eye on Ciara to make sure nothing happens with her and Chad. I
couldn't believe Ciara admitted how she feels and she's sure Chad feels the same way :rolleyes:

Since Chad doesn't want anyone know Abby is gone, I wonder how many in Salem are going
to know since Ciara and Claire talked in the Horton Square.

I did not hear Chad say he did not want anyone to know Abby was gone....but maybe he means the letter she supposedly wrote??? It is mind boggling to think he told the 18 yr. old babysitter, but not the cops, Abby's mother, especially with Andre' involved.

Jennifer has seen the letter. She saw it on July 4 when I did the summary. That was the day they all kept saying it was Abby's handwriting but not her voice.

Jason, Marlena did not mention Sami.

I agree that Shawn doesn't consider Victor his grandfather but I thought he still called him Grandpa? I know Ciara does. In any event, Brady should have said "our grandfather" or "grandfather" to Shawn instead of "my grandfather". Sorry it's just a pet peeve but certainly not as bad as the Hope/Claire debacle. And I was happy that Claire referred to Tate as her cousin instead of Brady Black's little boy so I'll take small victories when I can get them. :)

I also forgot to mention I thought it was hysterical when Jeannie T fainted and Shawn and John just stood there. I could understand John but Shawn should have tried to help lol.

I don't really understand why Andre wants to convince Chad that Abigail is dead.

I wonder if this has anything to do with that forgotten land in Ireland, lol!

Oh, that stroller scene was filler for sure. And of course Tate's is identical to Thomas's......it is the same one, all the studio can afford.

Even someone from the studio could pick up an extra used stroller from Goodwill really cheap, lol.

Brady should know all about tainted protein drinks. I wonder why he didn't warn Theresa, lol?

Back