Days of Our Lives - Mon., June 19, 2017

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Kayla and Tripp are at the hospital discussing patients. Kayla realizes a patient died last night. She never gets used to it. More discussion about the patient who died from diabetes complications. Kay tells Tripp he has to develop thick skin to be a doctor. Kay tells Nurse Shelley to make sure hospital followed proper protocol since the patient died. Orders her to do it today. Kay tells Tripp mistakes are costly, she walks away and he is thinking. Kayla and Tripp go to visit a patient named Rebecca together. Kay introduces him as her stepson. They talk about Rebecca’s son and her needing to get better to take care of him. Kayla and Tripp head outside the room and chat more. Kayla says it means a lot having him there and Steve is over the moon. Tripp lies that it means a lot to him too. Kayla is grateful for the company and friendship. She dismisses him but tells him he is their only child with an interest in medicine. Hugs. Kayla leaves and Tripp ponders.

Justin and Adrienne are at the Pub, sitting next to each other. Steve comes in. Justin fills him in on the search. Steve’s ISA contacts will help. Adrienne is sure they will find Sonny. She and Justin hold hands. Steve tells Adrienne about Anjelica. Says its personal. Alex chose not to have Anjelica in his life. Justin and Adrienne are upset. He calls Anjelica a sadistic narcissist. Justin thinks its his fault and he goes to call Anjelica. Adrienne says it doesn’t make sense after all these years. Steve is already investigating and looking for leverage. Adrienne upset about Anjelica and Sonny. Steve reassures her. Nice scenes. Sonny is her sole focus right now. Justin comes back to Steve and says Anjelica wouldn’t take his call. They are in for a fight. The doctor called Adrienne while Justin was on the phone and cleared her for travel. Kayla calls Steve and updates him about Tripp.

Tripp is now at HTS drinking coffee. He flashes back to Jade telling him about what Ava did. Jade shows up. They talk about Kayla putting on an Oscar worthy performance at the hospital. Tripp says he bought it for 5 minutes and then it was all phony acting. Tripp still thinks Kayla murdered Ava. Jade bashes Kayla too. Tripp thinks Steve and Joey are cool. Jade wants to take away Tripp’s pain. Jade reassures Tripp not to be fooled by Kayla, she sucks you into her web and then hurts you. She is a cold hearted fill in the blank. Tripp has a plan. He is going to alter a dead patient’s file to make it look like Kayla made a mistake. Jade warns him Kayla is very good. Tripp is aware of that and will start small. He claims he won’t kill another patient. Ending her career is his revenge for her “killing” Ava. Jade is really pouring it on strong about Kayla being a murderer. They agree to put the plan into motion slowly and carefully. Jade turns around and Steve is standing there.

Chad and Gabi in afterglow. Chad says this is exactly where they are supposed to be. He’s happy to be away from all the pressures and expectations of others. More kissing. JJ and Lani come by. JJ looks embarrassed. Chad and Gabi get dressed. Last flare has been used. Lani wants to make plans for long term survival. JJ goes back to camp. Lani follows. Chad and Gabi are laughing?! Chad and Gabi chit chat and head to camp. They stop somewhere else and eat nuts and apples. More chat about how they make a good team. Several scenes of this. John and Marlena come in!!! Note that it is 30 minutes in to the episode.

Sonny is treating Paul’s injuries. Eli watches. Paul discussing the disease and telling Sonny to kill him if the disease hits him full force and starts spreading to others. Sonny assures him he will get help. (Editor’s note: Very hard to understand Christopher Sean (Paul)) Lani and JJ enter, JJ is clearly upset. Lani asks if it’s about Gabi and he says no. They talk about survival and Paul’s disease. Paul now has a fever. Paul is shivering and Eli comes over. He asks him to kill him—Eli says if the time comes and it’s necessary. Lani and JJ go to get more water. Eli tells Sonny maybe they should respect his wishes. Sonny goes off on him while Paul watches. He comes loose from his restraints. Chad and Gabi come with John and Marlena. Paul gets up and fights Eli for his gun. Others try to help. John and Marlena restrain him. Apparently they took the Titan jet from island to island and lucked out. Paul needs a hospital. Marlena sedates him he will sleep until they get back. John relayed news back to the states. John and Sonny chat about helping their loved ones. Eli asks Lani if she’s ok. She says she can’t wait to get home. John and Marlena are treating Paul wondering where everyone else is.

Adrienne and Justin leave the Pub. Adrienne gets a call about the rescue. They are happy and hug.

Chad and Gabi are packing up. They are excited to see their kids. They make plans to stay together. Note that there are flat cardboard boxes behind them on a deserted island. They bury the amulet and leave. Sonny had been watching and digs it up. END

Today’s episode was written by newbie Andrea Archer Compton.

Thanks for the summary.
I'm probably alone, but I'm absolutely giddy about Chad and Gabi. :love::love: I know Kate will be as well. And I also expect :fan: with Dario and Abigail.

Eli was annoying today. This character needs a good storyline soon--like, really soon. So does Lani. Also, John and Marlena finding the group is great, but the way they arrived on the island was ridiculous. So, too, was the ending with Sonny digging up the amulet.

I'm so over Jade and Tripp. Wish they were stranded on the island and never found. This storyline is ridiculous, and I'm really gonna hate having to see Kayla suffer from these stupid, ungrateful brats. But seeing Justin and Adrienne was great.

You're not alone, Daysdegrassi, I actually like Gabi and Chad too. Abigail is ruined, as far as I'm concerned. Though I must say the timing for them making love sucked. Out in the open like that, when anyone could have walked in while they were doing it. That's a big no, no. At least, there could have been a cave or something... But anyway, I like Chad much better with Gabi now than with selfish poor me princess Abigail.

Today seemed to be a bit of a hodgepodge of different stories and characters thrown together. I used some stronger words on twitter that I won't repeat here.

John and Marlena popping up halfway through the episode was ridiculous. I'm pretty sure this is a probably a rewrite hence the reason it's so sloppy. I'm willing to bet Rafe and Hope were originally the ones rescuing the group.

Can someone explain to me why there would be flat cardboard boxes on a deserted island? Did John and Marlena bring them? I have been fast forwarding until today but still.

Jade and Tripp both need to be punished. I need Jade out of Salem and Tripp to find other parentage. So Jade wants to help Claire but at the same time punish her Aunt Kayla?

Chad and Gabi: Nope, nope and still nope

Eli and Lani: Yes, yes and still yes

Poor JJ though

Who wants to take wagers on how fast Paul is cured?
Justin and Adrienne scenes with and without Steve: :love::love::love:

I really think a lot of this right now is a mixture of Ryan Quan and maybe some early tweaks from Ron.

Can someone explain to me why there would be flat cardboard boxes on a deserted island?
I noticed those last week, I think. Maybe they held the survival supplies in the plane?

Crazy theory on Anjelica: Maybe Ava was her daughter and she's out for blood because she's estranged from her other child, Alexander? Again, just a crazy theory.

And I hope there is a rewrite to say Joey didn't kill Ava. Maybe they can say cousin Angelo did.

John and Marlena finding them was ridiculous but at least they said it was stupid luck. But they couldn't have found them before Chad and Gabi did the deed? They keep having all these cutesy scenes with them but this couple is not growing on me. They were barely together and not really even together before Abby came back but they keep playing it like they had this great love. Have to say I don't think Chad was really committed to Abigail after all. What are the chances Gabi is pregnant now? She and Chad both seem to conceive pretty quickly. Glad they are rescued though.

Hating this Tripp story. Kayla is so sweet and nice to him. How can he believe all this garbage Jade is feeding him? And she wants to ruin Kayla's career because Kayla stopped paying for things for her? And all the stories Jade tells him makes his mother seem like a psycho but that doesn't seem to click with him!

Thank you for the summary, Heather.

I can't waited for all of this amulet stuff to be over. What a laughable rescue by John and Marlena.

The only good parts of the island adventure were the crazy eyes and faces that Paul kept making.

I'd rather that Chad was with the previous incarnation of Abigail. He needs to stay away from Gabi and this Abigail. I hate the trumped up fake history of Chad and Gabi.

Jade and Tripp just need to be gone.

JS, I like your idea about Ava being Anjelica's daughter. How long before someone snatches that from your post, and offers it elsewhere as fact?!?! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Crazy theory on Anjelica: Maybe Ava was her daughter and she's out for blood because she's estranged from her other child, Alexander? Again, just a crazy theory.

Interesting theory. That would also make Tripp her grandson.

And I hope there is a rewrite to say Joey didn't kill Ava. Maybe they can say cousin Angelo did.
I've thought this all along. Maybe he was playing her for her money.

What are the chances Gabi is pregnant now?

I'd say pretty high but hopefully Ron will save us from this as soapy as it may be.

What are the chances Gabi is pregnant now?
And of course, we have to have a quickie encounter with Chad and Abigail, and a quickie encounter with Abigail and Dario, and a quickie encounter with Gabi and Eli or JJ so we can have a roulette wheel of who's the daddy. Heck, toss in quickies with Lani and JJ, and Lani and Eli to keep it interesting. :sarcasm:
That would also make Tripp her grandson.
Speaking of, would be nice if someone took Tripp to meet his Grandma Jo (and Grandpa Vern).

Oh, wow, thank you so much Heather. And yes, they took the TITAN JET but landed on the island? It has a landing strip?? Wait......wait.........I know. It is a sea plane, which is how they island hopped. (Hey, guess we can come up with stuff if the writers can't) Or did they get a boat, and thus go island hopping? Inquiring minds just want a hint at least. LOL

Cardboard boxes? O.K. I will grant that PERHAPS they contained supplies, etc. since the trip was going to be a long one. I just wonder about using rocks for pillows, and WHY they have not considered even starting to build a shelter before now.

John & Marlena just popping in on the group? Oh, that has to be screaming REWRITE, TWEAK!!!

Thanks for the summary, Heather.

The cardboard boxes came from the plane. They used them to sleep on.
Maybe they will take them back to Salem and recycle them.

Paul is acting like Dr Jekyll who turned into Mr Hyde since he's had Jungle Fever.

Wow, John and Marlena found the castaways and they only left Salem the
night before.

I'm glad Chad buried the amulet. If Sonny takes it back to Salem, I hope
he gives it to Deimos :)

Last edited:
Back