Days of Our Lives - Mon. June 22,2009

Hooked on Days!!!

I have watched Days for years and years, but am new to this site. I love the show and can't wait to read the summary of the show because of my work hrs. I seriously think Will should have been slapped up side his melon with a cast iron skillet, he showed no compassion for his mother, no, she's not a saint, but at least let her have the moment to grieve over her daughter. Now on the other hand, EJ and Nicole make a real good pair, they are both evil, taking children from their mothers. Nice recap, at times, still need the tissues, lol.

With reguards to the respect that Will is suppose to show to his Mother -RESPECT is earned -Sami has not earned any! She has never been honest with Will----Will is the only one that really is treating her the way she deserves.
(Now I will be ducking the tomatoes you'all will be throwing at me)
Someone needs to put that girl in her place and get her to be honest and stop the lying and manulipulating of people. She is always the forgiven one-- I am glad Will is not forgiving her.
But yes I dod agree MOST /almost all -of the main charactors on the show are lying and manulipulating -Not very many honest charactors left on this show.....

Will, I'm sure was lashing out at his mother by asking EJ about visiting his brother. However, this will put him in close contact with Sydney.Remember the genetics that he is supposedly a whiz at? Well, perhaps Will is the one who starts actually using a few brain cells and putting the puzzle pieces together.
I do not think he is intentionally doing ANYTHING for Sami, but it would put him in the right place to possibly overhear conversations.

@OC...you are very close to a spoiler, so I cannot answer here the question that puzzles you.

I have to say, Chad did not make a good first impression, IMO..and for ignoring MIa all this time, then coming back to town for the summer, it is very obvious what he is looking for, and it sure is not a job.

Will is totally obnoxious towards his mom. What a time to just turn the knife in the wound.

I'll have to go read the spoilers then. But for now, I think Icecat's theory about Will putting the pieces together concerning Sydney sounds really plausible too.

And I could not agree more. I would LOVE if that was the case. oooh, just such a good idea.

I like that idea too it would be nice for Will to see that his mom and Mia were victims in all of this

Probably Not?

I've been off the board a Long-g-g-g-g-g time but have not stop reading them. The only problem with the s/l of Will finding out something while visiting Johnny is that it would make a GREAT story line and TPTB don't like it when the fans figure out a good story. Maybe it would help if we came up with an opposite s/l, hope TPTB read it and do the opposite--making it the s/l we want. :evillaugh:
Boy! After reading this post, maybe I'd better stay off the site. I'm not sure it makes sense. Good to be back!

LOL, made perfect sense.......reverse psychology. of course. And :welcome: back, Nanahl.

one step more...

It would create some intense internal conflict for Will, if you think about it. He's mad at Sami, in love with Mia. So he finds out that Sydney is Sami's and alive, but Grace was Mia's. So would he really wan to tell the girl he's in love with that it was her baby that died? Might he not be the typical Salem male and take it upon himself to decide who "deserves" to know what? And don't think for one minute that Nicole ( if she found out that Will knew the truth) wouldn't push that line of reasoning to him.

I'm not at all sure I think Will needs to be slapped, but someone needs to sit that boy down and introduce him to reality.

People lie. Not just his mother, but all people. Even Will. So don't go pointing fingers at someone until you clean up your own house. Parents sometimes lie, or don't tell you the complete truth to protect you. Sometimes they don't tell you everything because you don't need to know.

Parents are parents. They aren't your buddy, and they aren't your BFF. And for no other reason than the fact that they're your parents, you treat them with respect. They gave you life, and even though you may not feel it at the time, you treat them with respect all the same. I may not like my boss as a person, but I treat him with respect... respect for the position of authority he holds over me, and because if I don't he'll fire my butt and find someone else to do my job.

Parents aren't obligated to tell you every little detail about every little thing in their lives. Quite frankly a lot of it is none of your business. Get over it.

Parents make mistakes. Some parents, like Sami, don't have two functioning neurons to rub together, and they never learn from past mistakes. But your mother is your mother. She's the only one you'll ever have. She carried you for 9 months, and went through labor, which is no picnic, to bring you into this world. Who else is going to do that for you, but your mother?

Forgiveness is for you. It's not for your mother, father, or whoever else may have stepped on your toes. Not forgiving someone just gives them power over your life. Forgive your mother and get on with your life.

And last, but far from least, stop whining, pull on your big boy pants, and GROW UP

Helly, you nailed it with Will.

I'm still waiting for the day that Kate, Chloe, and Daniel magically disappear from the show never to return.

If I say what I really want to about EJ, Barb will ban me. Enough said.

I'd be a lot more willing to be angry at Will and think he is whiny or needs to grow up, if more adults on this show acted like adults. Ordinarily, I see Will showing a lot more maturity and adult behavior than most of the adults in town. I am very disappointed in Will's response in front of his mother about EJ's actions. However, Will's actions aren't backing up what he said about thinking EJ is justified. He is lashing out at Sami, but obviously was concerned enough about EJ taking custody of Johnny that he immediately called Lucas. Yes, maybe he is angry at Lucas too but it sounds like he is also worried about Johnny.

Right now, I don't think Will is giving any thought to his actions, just blind reaction to grief and anger, much like Sami has done many times in the past. However, Will is usually in better control of his emotions than Sami and is likely to come around a lot sooner than she would (and did) in a similar situation(s) with her own parents (and IMO Roman/Marlena were always partly to blame just as I think Sami is now). Will does have his parents genes and should be pretty good at putting a mystery together so it will be interesting to see if he ends up playing a role in helping with the custody issue and/or finding out the truth about Sydney.... or if this will turn out to be something that just gets completely dropped and there is never even a reference to Will visiting Johnny again.

Yes, that is what Will called him for. I think I mentioned it in the summary. However, Lucas leaves him abruptly, so imagine Will is still upset and there will be more with his dad later on.

Will kind of flip flopped. He didn't really side with EJ because he told Lucas that he didn't even like EJ. I think he just understands where EJ is coming from (though that would probably change if he knew a lot of things...). The only thing that bothered me was that he said what he did in front of EJ.

I agree that Will is mad at Lucas too and he did get into some of that with him, but when Will first called Lucas he didn't appear angry to me. His voice was calm and almost pleading with his father. He sounded upset not angry. The first thing he said to Lucas when he got there was about Lucas not being at the funeral. When Lucas said he and Sami thought it would be best if he didn't go (Please!), Will immediately went to the conclusion that it was because that would have set EJ off even more. At that point, Will went into Lucas lying and how they all kept it from EJ and now his Mom had to pay the price, telling Lucas about Johnny. When Lucas left to go see Sami, Will didn't seem angry about that part, he just sat down on the bench with his head in his hands and looked sad. To me it seemed like Will called Lucas about Johnny and went into the lying as lead up to accusing Lucas, Sami and Rafe of being responsible for EJ taking Johnny from Sami.

Will's choice of words about Sami paying the price is interesting. Several times when he was trying to get Sami to tell him what she was hiding and/or when talking to Mia about his concerns, Will alluded to the fact that Sami always gets hurt the most by her lies. Will may be angry at Sami about a number of things, but his anger at Lucas seemed to revolve around the fact that the lie cost his mother Johnny, and Lucas should have known better. The kid kind of has a point with that considering the number of times Lucas has made that point about Sami's lies himself. I still think Sami, Lucas and Rafe all did the right thing and only EJ is to blame for EJ's behavior; I'm just stating what I interpreted from the scenes and what Will's possible thought process might be.

Baby switch

I agree with GAGirl73, I think they should make Rafe the new hero utilizing his FBI skills and uncovering the truth about Grace and Sydney.
I think Nicole is a good actress, but I am sick of her whining and praying??!! how dare she? She will go to Hell for her evil ways. I guess she's a phsyco who convinced herself she does the right thing-maybe the most evil character on the show.

Okay, I'm going out on a limb with this. In my work I have counseled young people following the death of someone close to them--from parents to peer suicide to sibling, etc. In my experience most of those in the teenage time frame vascilate back and forth in their feelings. In general, teens have difficulty understanding their emotions and death makes it worse. To me, even though I don't like to see what Will is doing, I think Will is being a normal teen--angry one moment, jumping to conclusions the next and showing remorse the next. Will is actually doing a good job showing the full gammut (sp) of emotions.

Okay--now you can all shoot down my conclusions! :) :) :) :Smile:

Back