Days of Our Lives-Mon, June 8, 2009

Just some random thoughts here, but I have to wonder if the large dose of phenobarbital that Dr. Dan gave Grace is going to come into play. They made a point of Nurse Maxine questioning such a large dose. I'm wondering if this will lead to some kind of malpractice lawsuit against him. Or another way to go with it is based on some info about phenobarbital overdose from Wikipedia...Phenobarbital causes a "depression" of the body's systems, mainly the central and peripheral nervous systems; thus, the main characteristic of phenobarbital overdose is a "slowing" of bodily functions, including decreased consciousness (even coma), bradycardia, bradypnea, hypothermia, and hypotension (in massive overdoses). Overdose may also lead to pulmonary edema and acute renal failure as a result of shock.
The electroencephalogram of a person with phenobarbital overdose may show a marked decrease in electrical activity, to the point of mimicking brain death. This is due to profound depression of the central nervous system, and is usually reversible.[25]

If they went with this scenario, I could see Grace not really being dead and Stefano somehow getting his hands on her and keeping her hidden until months down the road. Heck, he did the same thing with John. He certainly seemed to have died and then showed up a few months later in the laboratory at the DiMera mansion.

DJM said:
That is an idea. I never thought of that. Just wonder why Stefano would want to take Grace. She is not an heir. At least with Grace alive Sami would keep the secert about the baby being EJ's. (I know she is not, but Sami thinks she is. )

Biology has never seemed to matter that much to Stefano in an heir. He seems to be much more focused on how easily he can mold the heir into his image, and young children separated from everyone else certainly make good candidates for that. Anything is possible where Stefano is concerned but for some reason, I just don't think he is faking Grace's death. Maybe if the show managed to stay on the air long enough and comes in need of a new teen, they would go that route but I can't imagine that coming into play anytime soon.

Thanks for providing the information on Phenobarbital, ThatsEnough. I thought the same thing about Dr. Dan and Maxine arguing over the large dose for Grace. I also wonder if that will come up again.

C'mon people. You know TPTB promised there would be no more revolving doors where death is concerned and the dead will stay dead. :wink:

C'mon people. You know TPTB promised there would be no more revolving doors where death is concerned and the dead will stay dead. :wink:

And we all know that tptb ALWAYS do what they say they will.

Back