Days of Our Lives-Mon, June 8, 2009

Oh my!!! I had such a hard time reading this!!! I don't get to watch the show but I read it here everyday. Barb, I agree!!! You need an award for your write ups!!!! This one really tore into my heart as much as the one about Zack!!! My co-worker came in and asked if I was OK..... Couldn't tell truth of why I was teary eyed though..... Thank you Thank you Thank you for all that you do to get us Days!!!!!!

P.S.!!! and a big P.S. too... lol

Philip, Kate, and Victor doing anything would have been inappropriate. They usually just find a way to make the situation about them and they are just inappropriate altogether anyways lol... so Philip and Stephanie going to bed? Good grief! If they need a filler... ...oh my goodness, with a story like this - fillers are just rude.
rude.
:rolleyes:

And I totally agree. I know Stephanie is now going to have the repercussions of her ordeal to deal with...but it was a jarring note in this episode.

Thank you for the summary Barb. I am glad they have Sami's family all around her and even mentioned Marlena. I will be stocking up on tissues this weekend. If anyone wants a fresh box, let me know before I go shopping tomorrow.

Omg

I am with KathyLu: To put Stephanie in Philip in the mix with that is just tacky. I am just sicked my it. This is an episode I do not think I can watch. I think what makes me even madder is the fact that it is Mia's child that they are all mourning even Mia herself who has no idea. What is the point of killing a child? Sweeps are over. I want to see what happens when this all comes to light. What will Nicole do then. She asked God to punish her, if it comes to that will she like the consequences? I am still stuck on how Rafe could adopt Grace with out the father's consent.

oh what a terrible story... You wrote it beautifully Barb- but the writers have truely written a terrible story for Grace. :( :( From the words you say the family expressed... I'm not getting a good feeling about her making it.

:welcome: to the Salem Spectator fsamily Dayslady!

Looks like the same tissues I use for the drool when I see Rafe, will be used for the next several days for tears. Great write up Barb. If I wasn't at work I would already be sobbing away.

Today, there are a lot of tears shed, and most of the show is very emotional, so please be sure to have a box of tissues handy, especially during the 2nd half of the show. And men, this goes for you, too.
I'm a man and I agree that it's a really emotional show. But I teared up only once, when Nicole was praying about punishing her instead of the baby. It's a good thing I didn't tear up a lot because I was sitting in fronr of a class who were taking a final exam.

Thanks, Barb, for your writeup, and I agree--you did a wonderful job.

Sounds like a heartbreaking episode. I just got through with teary scenes from other baby drama on another soap.

So Stephanie and Philip are still in bed.....whatever.....the rest of the show sounds good .

I am crying just reading this. Thank you Poirot for writing this so well. It is just not fair that baby Grace must die.

Poirot......I have been crying already with Grace in the hospital......ShaSha

Remember all those complaints in the past about DAYS using fake babies? Of all the times to stop using fake babies and to start using a real one!

The cute little baby playing Grace makes it so much more difficult to watch.

DrChip, I think that was done very intentionally. All those closeups of both Grace and Sydney were designed to make us fall in love with the babies and make us that much more invested. That way, we would share the mothers' heartache during this storyline.

True to life

Im 81.been watching days since day one,When you wonderful folks reach my age you will have created your own soap opera,Day`s writers have it right on the ball,They are aware life has many situations and calamities,Somehow most of us wipe ourseles off,get up ,and get on with life.This new storyline has happened in real life,i betcha.Seems the writers are teaching us something about how to get thru it all.Even the characters,good and bad remind me of folks i have met.Get somewhat anxious what each days saga will bring,A semi shut it brings me something else to look forward to.Dont know if i will cry when Baby Grace dies.Only thing on days i sobbed over was when John`s mom was dying,Great acting,Sad baby that played (baby`s?) Grace.will be out of a job. New to this site.You guys that write are so interesting.Enjoy reading your posts almost as much as i enloy watching the show.THANKS

:welcome: to The Salem Spectator, maryeliz27!

I hope you will post often. You will be able to make some new online friends and we always have fun either complimenting the show or complaining about it.

I just saw the show today. Boy was the acting super. My heart was breaking for Nicole when she asked God if he thinks this is fun. Having Mia say she is a kind person. Then asking God to punish her not Grace. Sami and Grace when she is told by Rafe that Grace will not make it was just amazing. I also cried when Sami asked her Dad to talk to Rafe she needs him and he replies that he is there. Sami says she is so sorry. It was so touching to see Mia with Grace eventhough she did not know that Grace is her baby. It was so great the way she got Will to go in and see Grace. Just a warning have lots of Klennex ready.

Im 81.been watching days since day one,When you wonderful folks reach my age you will have created your own soap opera,Day`s writers have it right on the ball,They are aware life has many situations and calamities,Somehow most of us wipe ourseles off,get up ,and get on with life.This new storyline has happened in real life,i betcha.Seems the writers are teaching us something about how to get thru it all.Even the characters,good and bad remind me of folks i have met.Get somewhat anxious what each days saga will bring,A semi shut it brings me something else to look forward to.Dont know if i will cry when Baby Grace dies.Only thing on days i sobbed over was when John`s mom was dying,Great acting,Sad baby that played (baby`s?) Grace.will be out of a job. New to this site.You guys that write are so interesting.Enjoy reading your posts almost as much as i enloy watching the show.THANKS

Mary Eliz, welcome to the forum (by the way, one of my daughters is named Mary Elizabeth). You've got me beat by two years. Many who post here haven't experienced what you and I have, and they complain about the writers. But that's okay, everyone is welcome to their own feelings and opinions. Please keep posting. I'm sure you can add a lot of realism.

Back