Days of Our Lives - Mon. Mar. 14, 2016

Yo doesn't intend to leave so young
Can we please summon Joey? He seems to deal well with the nutjobs on this show. Ick. This guy's pushing 90 if he's a day, and it's a hard 90.

And...I'll admit I'm foggy on this...but I don't like the Alamain re-re-rewrite. The Alamains sold John after adopting him? They were own-their-own-country rich. And they had mourned Forrest. Oh well. The scenes here were well acted, even if totally illogical. I guess if we should not be recalling November last, we should definitely not recall 1990!!
Anyway, aside from that, I also like that Steve will be in on the action soon, and many characters now interact. Marlena and JJ, JJ and Rafe, Steve, Eduardo (again, great addition to the show), Gabi, Arianna (how cute were these scenes in Eduardo's hospital room ?), so great. Now this is Days of our Lives.
Agreed. Today was more consistent, with more overlap. While I would like to see Marlena have her own story soon, I don't mind her supporting others for now. There needs to be rotation; some time in front, some time in support.

Joey told Jade. A woman he barely knows, who's not the brightest bulb in the barn, that he killed Crazy Ava. This will end well.

One more thought on today (since I rarely get to watch, the days I do I have opinions!).

How Belle is the go-to attorney in Salem is laughable. Making jokes about the pictures (mayor of Crazytown), "certifying" Ava as psychotic without an expert, being certain the pictures will prove self defense, etc. I love Justin for putting her in her place.

And shouldn't Justin recuse himself being the (former) brother in law?

And has it been proven that Ava is actually dead?

I must say, I like this storyline with Yo Ling, John, Eduardo, and this phantom alliance thing. A bit violent for my taste, but still, I enjoy it. Although I had trouble understanding the dialogue, today. While the actors playing Yo Ling/Tim Robichaud and John, did a great job, the fact that they whispered, or talked with their teeth clenched, was hard to follow. As everybody knows by now, English is my second language and, while I think I'm pretty good, today was especially difficult. I couldn't understand some of the lines. I got most of the dialogue, though, but not all of it. Anyway, again, I still liked it.

English is my native language and I had trouble understanding these scenes as well. They just seemed very hard to follow. That said, the acting was great and the storyline while not entirely realistic, did make some sense. A much more believable rewrite than Maggie having a new adult child every other year. I agree this storyline is very violent and for anyone who watches Scandal, it very much reminds me of the whole B6-13 storyline.

The lighting in those scenes was very different from the rest of the show. Those scenes came off as very prime time to me.

Good show overall but very poor continuity. The wedding should have aired today. And why were Steve, Kayla and Joey going about their day rather than attending Abigail's wedding??? They could have added Steve to the John story after the wedding.

Joey and Jade. I don't think this will end well.

Belle needs a legal mentor. Too bad they turned Aiden bad and killed him off.

Enjoyed the Hernandez family scenes as well.

Please keep Rafe in cop mode and please stop using Shawn as a pop up character. He too should have been at the wedding with his mother and sister.

Time for John's kids to know he has been kidnapped.

I also originally thought Yo Ling was Drake Hogestyn (John) in make-up. Same eyes, nose, similar height and voice.

Agree, it brought back the Sami/Stan situation. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: I suspect that Yo lip-synced John's voice, at least at first. Then, he was speaking with his teeth clenched (Eastern old-money style :).) Though there seems to be a height difference, I still want a closer look. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Couldn't help but notice Yo's coughing up deadly, currently incurable, bacteria in his son's proximetry. :eek: :eek:

Rafe sharing Dad/assassin info with Gabi (in the SPD?) Why didn't he inform the press? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Genius Joseph" confesses to Jade? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Truth be told, it would be easier for even Belle to get him acquitted than it would the highly-trained Steve.

Ava's shrine evidence was probably tainted by Kayla/John.
@embrb, I would also like to know if Ava is actually dead. :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe a cure for Topit's Disease could be so financially lucrative that so many want the formula. Topit's is so rare, only two people have it, both in Salem, lol. It's not the next penicillin, lol. Maybe John's father has people searching for the cure because Yo Ling is so important to the Phantom Alliance??

"Phantom Alliance," how is that related to the ISA? Would there be any other Salemite members? We have many highly-trained operatives. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I somehow feel Jade may use Joey's confession against him out of a jealous rage.

To me it appears Joey has absolutely no romantic interest in Jade as she wants with him it seems. Future obsessive girl over a guy storyline.....yeah, can we say Jade could be Ava relived and Joey being Patch.

Maybe another girl comes into the picture later that Joey likes over Jade, might come back to bite him being so trusting. I don't trust her.

Being that there is an actor listed in the credits, playing Yo Ling, it is NOT Drake Hogestyn (John) playing the part.
Jade is not even recurring, so I don't think we will be seeing much of her at all.......
Phantom Alliance is not related to ISA, however, the ISA may have info on it, which is why Rafe called him.

Thanks for the summary. Wonderful acting!

I think the Yo Ling stuff is a bit wacky and the rewrites are annoying. Nevertheless, I like that there's something relatively interesting on the show to detract from the awful Summer storyline. I also hope that John's children and Marlena will have a more prominent role to play in all of this. I'm fine with them being supporting, but they should have more to do as well.

Belle being a desirable hotshot lawyer is just ridiculous with her childish attitude and lack of an office. I do like the storyline revolving around Joey/Ava/Patch, as well as all the scenes with the Hernandez family. Hope we see more of this.

I'm shocked the wedding wasn't on today. I wish the stuff with Yo Ling could've happened after all that.

Back