Days of Our Lives - Mon., Mar. 27, 2017

So is Tripp older than Joey? And does that make sense? Not sure when Steve was with Ava.
It's probably another situation where Paul is John's son. Drake Hogestyn (John) even said in an interview that there is literally no way for Paul to be John's son with the timeline we saw on the show, but that we just have to go with it.

Steve had amnesia after being brainwashed by Stefano. He was in Cleveland, met & dated Ava. Jack brought him back to Salem....Ava was pregnant, had the baby, her father made her give it up. Thus, it was a few years later that Joey was born.

I know Jade is taking the pills to somehow keep Joey's attention on her but how is she expecting that to happen? Is she hoping the pills will make her really sick so that he will have to take care of her longer or what?

The good news: My Gabi is AWAKE!!! YA-HOO!!! Doing the happy dance!!

The bad news is that apparently what woke her from her coma was Chad's saying she would always "have him." ARRRGGH!

I have been some what tolerant of this triangle story simply because it was story for Gabi. Not the best story certainly but story nonetheless. But the arrival of Eli suggests a different direction they could take her and I'll all for that. But instead it looks like all three characters of Abigail/Chad/Gabi are just going to continue to spin their wheels in the inescapable mud hole this story has become. They all deserve so much better. *sigh*

It was Poirot who mentioned that Gabi didn't really seem to be in any real respiratory distress, well I think that's because I'm suspecting that the IV bags held the virus for what the late great film critic Roger Ebert called the "Ali McGraw disease". This mysterious on-screen malady came into existence after Ali McGraw starred in Love Story with Ryan O'Neal as a women stricken with cancer. The victims become more and more beautiful as their condition worsens.

So I think Gabi just kept becoming more and more beautiful the long she remained comatose which of course meant her ability to breathe on her own was weakening. LOL

On to some of the other stories:

I like Tripp, he definitely has piqued my curiosity. I've seen speculation that Jade may use Tripp to make his new-found half-brother Joey jealous. That wouldn't surprise me at all but I think the question is will Tripp really be the playee or will he in fact be the player? DUN-DUN DUH!

Speaking of Jade I haven't totally warmed up to this new version. But to be fair, I never totally warmed up to the original either, although she did have her moments. I will say though that this version doesn't strike me as aggressively abrasive as the original did. If that's a change in the writing or in the way the character is being played I'm not sure.

Based upon the theory that the past often predicts the future, perhaps Jade should reconsider any plan she may have to blackmail Joey. :eek:

Thanks for the summary. Actually sounds like a good show, minus Jade. I really appreciated the Brady scenes, and am really glad he is indeed bringing his son with him. Maybe all of this will make the soap more interesting.

The Patch-Kayla stuff is also gonna get good with Jade. Is she going to tell Tripp the truth about Ava's death? I hope not. And I also think it's a bit soon to be doing another pill-popping storyline, after what happened with Jennifer.

Like what I see with Abigail/Dario. I'm shocked but glad he told her the truth. Never expected it to be this soon.

While Jen was definitely popping pills, and was an addict, Jade just wants to make herself sick, so Joey will "take care of her". He has already told her there is nothing romantic between them, he is a friend, period. But she wants to keep him close, guilty, etc. Thus the comment that he should not worry, she won't tell he killed Ava. Subtle blackmail.

Yep, and now we have a brother & sister having the hots for a married couple, and telling them. I would say, poor Abby, as her husband seems to lust after another woman, despite claiming to love and adore his wife......while the man she considered a good friend, has declared his love for her, making things awkward.

And then Nicole is going to be facing the same situation, won't she, when the man she considers a good friend declares his love for her (as he claimed to Marlena).

I love Nicole, not so much this story line and I love Brady, again not so much this storyline. They mesh as a couple but I wish it would have been a happily ever after plot. Unfortunately we'll be subjected to even more of never ending Brady bashing.

This whole mess with Chloe was so poorly written, I fail to see a pleasant resolve. She should be tarred and feathered and thrown on the next horse cart out of town. Here again the writers ruined a great friendship with all this stupidity

It looked like one of those strollers that's a combination of baby carrier (carseat)/stroller.

stroller%2Bfor%2Bcar%2Bseat%2Bframe.jpg

Yep, that's what I would use for a two year old. :sarcasm:

Another beef: what's with Gabi's fingernail polish while in a hospital bed, especially with breathing problems? Isn't that where the blue (from lack of oxygen) usually shows up first? A Sleeping Beauty thing?

I remember "back in the day", if you were hospitalized, they'd make you remove your nail polish. Or they'd do it for you, if you weren't able. But now, with fake nails, the fingertip monitor thing reads the oxygen levels and they rely on it instead. Last time I was in the hospital (went via ambulance), I asked if they were going to remove my nail polish and they said no, because I was wearing the fingertip monitor.

Back