Days of Our Lives - Mon, Mar. 5, 2018

But she waited until all eyes would be on her her, and SHE could drop the bomb, no one else.
I hear your side, but I don't see it that way. I really think Claire would have preferred to have told Hope earlier, but was truly conflicted. (And let's be honest...Grandma Hope isn't exactly relishing spending time with her college-aged granddaughter.) I really would have liked her to have talked with Doug about this, since she and Doug have an established relationship (moreso than she does with Julie, at least).

Watching the scene twice, I really think it didn't matter to Claire whether there was 1, 10, or a million people there - she wanted the truth to come out. Now she doesn't have all the facts, but that's not her fault. She wanted to protect her grandma (but again, too little of a relationship, too late) from someone she no longer trusts (again I suspect as Heather mentioned earlier that there is a deeper issue we have yet to see with Claire).

And since it is well established that Ciara isn't playing with a full deck (unless she's undergone a complete character transformation since coming back to town a few months ago), her accusing Claire of doing this on purpose to grandstand is exactly enough evidence for me to write off the theory forever.
Hmmm, she can throw Bo up to him, but is super jealous of Sami. Interesting.
On this we are solidly in agreement. :)

The acting in this episode was excellent and I enjoyed a lot of the suspense. Julie and Claire did get on my nerves today, but was nice to see Claire literally get knocked down from her pedestal. Good for Ciara! Can't wait for Sami to return to get in a fight with Julie!

Eli and Gabi's scenes were great as well. I liked how the reveal was done. Gabi would not be quiet, her instincts could sense Eli's guilt. Tomorrow should be good!

I don't think Claire did it for attention. She tried to get grandma to go somewhere private with her but grandma said no. So Claire didn't really want an audience. I'm glad the secret is out but I fear Hope will forgive him in the end. I hope not because I see no chemistry between these 2. But if Hope thinks about it, even though they were broken up, he did very, very quickly fall into bed with someone else. He had to know that wouldn't help him get back the "woman he loves".

And he did run off to Memphis with Sami and didn't tell Hope. Plus Hope had so many reservations about their relationship, wouldn't set a date. There's a reason for that. I hope it's the end but I fear it's not.

And yes Julie, listen to Doug and stop!!!! She is exasperating!!!

I'm so glad Hope now knows. Dropping anvils is OK but I think they went way overboard. I was really tired of listening to Hope go on and on about trusting Rafe and on and on about how Rafe hates secrets and is so honest

As I was writing the recap I wanted to be as objective as possible. But then I wanted to take some time and digest today's events and now the gloves are about to come off. To quote Bette Davis in the classic film All About Eve: "Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride."

Before I start, I just to preface what I'm about to say is no in way a reflection on Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie), who is truly a daytime institution who, I have no doubt, is a beautiful soul inside and out. :) So everything I'm about to say pertains only to the character of Julie. And what I have to say is this:

In the name of all that's good and right could someone PLEASE put a muzzle on that woman???

I can't blame her for being angry at Rafe, but her attack on Gabi went past irritating. It was harsh, unfair, and downright offensive. What was the deal with that mock accent when she said the name Hernandez? That was completely beneath her. This coming from a woman who just hours earlier, Salem time, with a completely straight face told Claire: "I don't judge." You would have to invent a whole new power saw to cut through the hypocrisy in that moment! I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in her her! :angry::angry::angry:

However, I have to say I was almost equally incensed with Eli after his weak-kneed mealy mouthed attempt to "intervene." I would call him a spineless jellyfish, but jellyfish are actually fascinating and graceful creatures that don't deserve to be insulted in that manner.

The one saving grace was when Doug finally firmly but calmly said "Julie, stop" is I got the feeling from the look on Julie's face that a part of her realized she had finally taken it too far and he wasn't going to listen to it anymore. I just wish he had taken as firm a stand when she was attacking Gabi then it would have mattered.

At this point, I just can't deal with her anymore. As others have said, somebody has got find some way to get her to stop. At this rate, it looks pigs will truly have to sprout wings and take flight before that happens. Heck, she'll probably just hold Gabi responsible for all the uh, mess that flying pigs might make. :rolleyes:

Still cannot be o.k. with Claire. All she had on her phone, all she knew, was that" Rafe cheated on Hope with Sami". She did not know when, where, how, or exactly WHAT that cheating consisted of. Heck Hope assumed it was in Memphis.

Wonder how Claire is going to feel when she learns Hope & Rafe ARE married already. That she held on to her stolen partial info too long.

And SHE is the one who humiliated and embarrassed the gramma she supposedly wanted to protect, and claimed to love. Heck, she could have whispered into Hope's ear, instead of standing there, in front of a bride holding a bouquet, holding the hand of her groom, with the person marrying them right next to them, saying, can we go some place private. Nope, she was grandstanding.

Used to like Claire, thought her the best of the new SORAS'd teens, but she has dropped to the bottom. And it shows her character that she runs home, trying to get a ONE WAY ticket to South Africa. Yep, escape the fallout and misery she caused. Far away.

No, Claire did not really know anything at all. She snooped, heard a bit of conversation about the secret, and evidently assumed whatever.
But then, when Rafe told Hope that she had broken it off, had given him back his ring, had said they were through, she claimed they had just hit a bump or something. So, there is Hope now, evidently denying that was the case.

Not me, I'm 100% on Claire's side. Besides, she can't help the last-minute change-of-heart regarding keeping Rafe's secret (even without the crummy, trope-laden writing). After all, it's deeply-embedded in the Evans genes to break up weddings with shocking new evidence (including but not limited to pregnancies, video-, and audio recordings). I've not been a fan of Rafe lately (the writing has been horrible for him), but he should run from Hope. She literally gave him back the ring and compared him to Bo. Granted, he is not blameless and should have fessed up earlier...but...these two are not acting like adults.
Claire was in a legitimate quandary (a common question in advice/ethics columns is "I know that so-and-so is cheating on his/her wife, husband, fiance, fiancee, significant other, etc. -- should I tell?). Apart from her manner, the reason I find her to be insufferable is the way in which she discovered the big secret: she illegally recorded a private conversation. If Trask wanted a quick, easy conviction for a low-level felony, she need look no further than Ms. Black. As for Rafe, he should have fessed up about his one-night stand with Sami because this was a significant fact that could have affected Hope's willingness to marry him. In fact, if Hope chooses to do so, she could get their marriage annulled on the grounds of fraud.

I only wish Claire had gone to South Africa (never to return) instead of Theo, regardless of what happens with Hope and Rafe, or even Ciara, from here on. She is like an irritating mosquito to me, on her best days.

I wonder which side of all this Tripp is going to come down on. His peace-making efforts didn't get him very far this time.

f Hope chooses to do so, she could get their marriage annulled on the grounds of fraud.
Is he required to tell Hope any or every thing he did during a time they were NOT engaged? How is it fraud? He never claimed to have not been with someone else when he wasn't engaged to her.

Troy, I'm with you for putting a muzzle on Julie. Seriously, how many times is she going to flip-flop over the Gabi/Nick thing? And now she's got a whole 'nother reason to hate the Hernandez family.

I'm with Ciara and her right hook. Claire deserved it (she deserves a muzzle too). She was snooping, she violated privacy, and she basically spread news that wasn't hers to spread. It was secondhand (thirdhand?) gossip at best, and while it may have been the right thing to do, it wasn't for her to do. While Hope wanted it to be in front of an audience, Claire should have insisted that it be done in private. And once Rafe figured out what it was (thanks to Ciara), he should have been very clear that this needed to be a private discussion and start corralling everyone into another room. A simple "This isn't for public discussion" would/SHOULD have been enough.

Last time I checked, this show was written by adults, right? So why was Eric and Jennifer's break up discussion written like they were in high school: "Are you breaking up with me?" "Do you want to be broken up?"

Is he required to tell Hope any or every thing he did during a time they were NOT engaged? How is it fraud? He never claimed to have not been with someone else when he wasn't engaged to her.
It could be considered fraud because Rafe concealed a significant recent action that he knew would have had seriously affected Hope's decision to marry him.

Thanks to you all for the summaries - Great job!:clap::clap::clap:

So, still part of the minority who likes Hope and Rafe as a couple, I am soooo disappointed in the way this story has happened. Rafe did NOT cheat. Hhe did show REALLY BAD judgment and then REALLY should have fessed up when Hope wanted to get back together, before accepting the engagement again. :whack:

BUT, Hope should get a clue and realize she will never find another guy who will have her back like Rafe did when she shot Stefano.:eek: Maybe they will get it right now and tell the truth and get on with a growing, loving relationship:rolleyes: (Yes, my nickname is Pollyanna).

Claire was totally out of line. Ciara was awesome when she punched her. I'm also a very non-violent person, BUT, come on, there were at least "fifty ways" to tell Hope what was none of Claire's business in the first place! She sooo needs the constant attention!

JJ and Lani need HELP!:beat: He needs to lighten up and she NEEDS to tell the truth! MAYBE she learned something from this whole Rafe/Sami/Hope thing???:huh:

Eli MIGHT be going to tell the truth. That might be a first in Salem history. The story actually coming from the originator of the secret! :clap:

Maybe Doug could just muzzle Julie!!:rotfl:

Thanks for the summary. This was a splendid show! I'm definitely team Ciara (even if she's still bratty) because I have never liked Claire and she's self-serving. Also, Hope and Julie are being morons. While Rafe should've fessed up sooner, he never really cheated, as Hope had dumped him beforehand. I am glad that Gabi now knows the truth about Eli. Good show overall, and a good start to the week.

Apart from her manner, the reason I find her to be insufferable is the way in which she discovered the big secret: she illegally recorded a private conversation.
I don't like how she did it, but at least it wasn't as ridiculous as a magic pen. :)

If Ciara chose to pursue charges on that matter, rather than punching her niece, I'd be on Ciara's side in that matter. But considering that the Police Commissioner is a murderess, I don't think Trask will get very far in pursuing such a minor case against young Claire. (Though it might give her some street cred for her music career if she did some time in the jug.)
So why was Eric and Jennifer's break up discussion written like they were in high school: "Are you breaking up with me?" "Do you want to be broken up?"
Their whole relationship is written this way. I like them, but it is getting annoying.

The thing about Claire is, she saw nothing wrong in secretly recording their conversation. Their secret was NONE OF HER BUSINESS, but she just had to know. And because she told it in the manner she did, she immediately wanted to run away and hide,.....one way ticket indeed!!!

Why would Ciara press charges, and what would her mother's sin have to do with it? Ciara really has no proof it was done on purpose, so exactly what would she have. Claire deserved the smack, though I wish instead she got evicted. Or ignored there in the apt.

That never happens in Salem, as people evidently live by the "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" rule. LOL

Back