Days of Our Lives - Mon., May 12, 2014

Tabbycat is on the mark. Hope and Rafe are hopelessly compromised and Roman couldn't find his way to the police station even if it was the only place to hide from his admirer, Mrs. van Hopper. In fact, a special prosecutor (Melinda Trask?) should probably be named to handle the Nicky case. The Salem P.D. and ISA made fools of themselves during the Stefano "murder" investigation, falling hook line and sinker for Ian's planted "evidence."

I think this was a fantastic episode. Julie seemed over the top, but given the fact when her and Nick parted, he seemed to be in a place where he might be able to turn things around, I get it. She's the "fluffy little pitbull" as Maggie said! That line cracked me up. The acting from Blake Berris (Nick) was off the charts amazing the last few episodes, and the end scene with the sheet being put over Nick's head was good. It was as dignified of an exit as a character like Nick could get. Poor Allie really got to me though. She did shock really well. They could have left the heart pillow out of the montage though. Ugh.

Probably no reaction at all. Daniel is a doctor first--he wanted to try to save Liam's life at Smith Island seconds after Liam gloated to Jen that "your boyfriend is dead and you should have stuck with me instead." He would have done what was needed to be done, then probably privately tormented himself about whether he did enough because of his personal feelings, whether Nick survived or not.

So, I watched the whole episode today. And I realize I'm sometimes negative about Days of our Lives, as it is not what it used to be in my view, far from it. But I must say I did enjoy the show, at least some parts of it. An episode like this is much more entertaining than some of the episodes we've had lately.

But (yes another but), not to put a damper on things, I find this whole "who shot Nick", very poorly written. Again, I enjoyed the show, it was somewhat entertaining, but it is really, really badly done. Not the actors, though. The portrayers of Hope, Maggie, Abigail, Gabi, even Ben, pretty much everyone except panicking Sami, did a good job with what they were given. Julie ? Over the top for my taste, for many reasons, which some here have already stated, so I won't go into it. No, here are my main problems with this whole murder mystery :

- Hope being in charge of the investigation. :eek: Like many here stated, this is ridiculous. In the real world, someone so close to a case would never be trusted to handle it well. Then again, this is Salem PD, so no chance of handling it well, anyway.

- Why does Julie, and everyone else, assume that the culprit was indeed at HTC ? It could have been a random attack, it could have been anybody really. But everyone, including Hope and Julie, is acting like they know it was one of the people present at the scene. And then, the witnesses can all go home, no questions asked right away. If Hope really believes someone could have done the deed than went back to HTC, QUESTION EVERYONE !!!! :rolleyes: Don't let them have the time to dispose of evidence. Sheeeshhh !

- So Hope and Rafe trace the blood trail... alone, with only a flashlight ? No forensics team is called in ? No crime scene photographer, no nothing ? Really ?

- And, I don't know how hospitals work when someone dies like that, but I doubt the family would be allowed in to see the victim, with no surveillance. Nope, does not compute.

So this is going to be entertaining, as long as one is willing to overlook the stupidity of it all. And good thing... I'm willing to do just that. :)

Kerry816, there's no mystery about why Hope's remark bugged you. The Salem P.D. and Hope in particular are the most unprofessional law enforcement people anywhere. Ciara and her little friends from St. Luke's could run a better investigation of the Nick shooting. The same goes for University Hospital. It's a wonder that when his admirers were weeping over Nick's sheet-covered body, he didn't suddenly sit up and say: "Please, get me to a real hospital!"

It's probably an awful thought, but when they lay Nick out in a casket, the funeral people should probably put the heart-shaped pillow in there with him.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

th

Now that you mention it, TheWrter, you are right. So many things that are not accurate. I also hated how it was assumed that someone in the Square was the culprit. It seemed that Nick raising his hand was random and because his nerves were in panic mode from his injury.

Calk me crazy, but I liked Sami and EJ today. Perhaps because their acting was good and no "romantic" scenes between them. And another break from Jennifer-Daniel, JJ-Paige, amd Nicole-Eric is great. I love Nicole buther storyline is tedious, as as Theresa's (thank goodness she and Brady were not on either).

I can't wait to see Anne again. I bet she laughs about a Horton being killed. In this case, she should have scenes with Kate.

To tell the truth, I am very very tired of Hope running in on some crime scene, and being the only person on the entire police force who can take care of whatever it is. She again had a regular cop accompanying her, and instead of him coming along, just says "give me your flashlight".
She is a relative of the victim, Rafe is not. But he had to recuse himself because Gabi was Nick's friend. Give me a break. The writers seem determined to make any flimsy excuse so Rafe is not involved in actually solving a crime. Boo, hiss.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: My sentiments exactly Poirot! And I think the reason people had issue with Hope today was because she was so condescending once she got to HTS, especially to Rafe. I thought they were peers--in HTS she was talking to him as if she were his Superior. Ummm excuse me but which one of you was in the FBI for 15 years?!? And yes both she and Rafe need to recuse themselves. Though I would have overlooked this to have Rafe involved in the storyline. Roman should be in charge here.

But I think this just turned into a Hope storyline. Several times today she was the final scene before going to commercial. My guess is Aiden will comfort her and then she will turn on him when he represents the suspect in court.

I need to re-watch tonight as I had one line on hold and then got a call on the other line LOL.

Sami is a horrible mother. I don't care what she was told--your 8 year old just sees a relative die violently, you STAY WITH HER. Not with your rapist.

Kate is a horrible mother and grandmother though she had some great lines today.

Here is why Sami and EJ are NOT "soulmates": Sami is feeling guilty because she actually has a conscience about murdering someone. EJ does not. I can't wait for Abigail to confront EJ about this! She thinks he had Nick murdered.

Mandie: I mentioned the diaper bag on Friday too. Gabi didn't have it when she first bumped into Ben and Abby. But then she had it when Nick appeared. Plus she had no baby with her.

Where was Kayla??? If Dr. SuperDan isn't available, shouldn't she be there?

I would have liked to have seen even a little acknowledgement between Sami-Rafe and Abigail-EJ today. Yes it was an ensemble episode however, TIIC still make sure to have the farce couple appear untouchable. :sick:

Will Doug attend the funeral? :)

It's probably an even worse thought than putting the heart-shaped pillow in Nick's casket, but perhaps a copy of the picture above could be inscribed on his gravestone. That would give quite a start to those people who drop by Salem cemetery to pay their respects to loved ones.

Maybe Rafe can be put on the case of where Doug has disappeared to. Julie should be supported by her husband instead of left to her own devices.

I know there's no money in the budget for such things, but it would be nice if Marie and Jessica came for Nick's memorial. It would seem strange for his mother at least to not attend.

Back