Days of Our Lives - Mon., May 12, 2014

Not to mention that but law enforcement can also easily subpoena cell phone records

I finally just watched again and wanted to clarify a couple things. Hope said it took 10 minutes to get from HTS to the park where Nick was shot.

Will was on the phone with "Grandma" who was watching Ari. They didn't specify which grandma. I thought on Friday Gabi said she was on her way to pick up Ari but didn't say from where.

Hey, we're in a non-spoiler thread...

They never did say where Gabi was picking Ari up from, specifically. I do wonder if Nick called Marlena's cell or office phone. Did Hope find his phone when they were tracking the blood trail?

Don't people in the police department usually have a superior who tells them they are being taken off a case due to conflict of interest? I didn't care for Hope's attitude, and it didn't seem right that she could go ahead and be in charge of the investigation just because she wanted to. She indicated that she was having guilt feelings about letting Nick down, when she was talking to him after he was dead. With that personal issue and her family ties to Nick, I don't believe she can be objective in her investigation. She tends to single out people she doesn't like and gets horsey with them in her interrogations anyway.

So help me, if EJ isn't the next stiff laying on a slab in the morgue, I'll scream. I hate the man. Julie was kind when she called him "that snake". And dim-witted Sami, his trusty side-kick, I have no words for her. There hasn't been another coupling in Salem history that I've loathed more than this one.

Julie not wanting any of them at the hospital was understandable. She knows most of these people don't give a hot tamale about Nick. I mean come on, Sonny had just stolen a gun an hour earlier with every intention of killing Nick himself. Will had just gotten into a brawl with him in the park. EJ and Sami, we all know what they've been up to with their murder for hire. Kate was right when she said she was the only one honest enough to be happy about the fact that Nick may die. I understand setting up these little group scenarios to further the plot, but none of them should have been at the hospital.

I enjoyed the end when Julie was telling Hope who was on the square.
Then we saw each one.

Will Hope run to the DiMera mansion and accuse EJ? Probably.

@Heather4CU:
I finally just watched again and wanted to clarify a couple things. Hope said it took 10 minutes to get from HTS to the park where Nick was shot.

Maybe Hope and Rafe, having only the one flashlight, crept along following that (huge) trail of blood, in case they might miss something?? One track Salem mind, look only for the blood...

Don't people in the police department usually have a superior who tells them they are being taken off a case due to conflict of interest?
Not the Salem P.D., which consists of a whole group of directionless people rushing about like headless chickens. Its fearless leader, Roman Brady, is mainly concerned with getting a kiss from some woman other than Mrs. van Hopper, while ace detectives Hope and Rafe spend most of their times socializing (which in Rafe's case, includes getting up close and personal with his love interest of the moment).
Maybe Hope and Rafe, having only the one flashlight, crept along following that (huge) trail of blood, in case they might miss something?? One track Salem mind, look only for the blood...
Hope and Rafe were so focused on the blood trail that if the "real" killer had been sitting on a nearby bench, smoking a cigar, cleaning his weapon, and singing "I Shot the Sheriff," they wouldn't have noticed him. With a police force like this, it's no wonder that poor, bleeding Nick chose not to dial 911, but instead staggered to the Town Square to seek help.

Will and Sonny suspecting each other is interesting to say the least. Sonny knows Will is capable of shooting someone and Will sees that Sonny pretty much has no limits when it comes to protecting his family.

I can't figure out why Ben is even remotely involved in this and is being set up as a suspect. It's ridiculous. I'm to believe that after one, barely a blip on the radar, run-in with Nick in his attempt to "protect" Abby, a girl he doesn't know from Eve, Ben is this weird version of Peter Pan who kills the bad to protect the good.

Back