Days of Our Lives - Mon. Nov. 28 , 2016

A good episode seeing a lot of major characters today.

It was strange to see the elephant in the attic when we saw Jennifer take it.

Will Ciara, Claire, and Theo try to prove Jade is actually having Joey's baby if
she's really pregnant?

At first, I thought Chad saw Abby on the stairs. Instead, he thought someone was
watching him. I hope he sees her before next year :)

I'm glad Kim was on today with her family members. I was afraid she left town
without seeing anyone.

They all talk about Bo. She thanks them for the leaf and says she'll keep it in her journal.
Hope also mentions it "seems like yesterday" that Bo died. Meanwhile I'm thinking with all her screentime and such, it's been more like 2 years. I keep having to date-check things because honestly, it seems like ages that Bo's been gone. I DO like that Bo was remembered by his family, though; really bummed that Caroline couldn't make it.

Despite the writers' best efforts to make me dislike Jade, I still like her. However, I now hate Claire and wish she were in Hong Kong. So, good job, writers? Did it ever occur to them to do something original with this story? And how am I supposed to feel about Joey? I hope Jade wakes up and realises she's better than that dumb murderer.

Very upset that Lucas is in limbo and not spending Thanksgiving with his granddaughter. Since everyone else in Salem is in a new day, I am hoping that Sonny took the liberty of ordering food for the recurring trio.

Roman mentioned Bo, Bo, Bo, but not his SON IN PRISON. Da plot. Nor his daughter on the run. Nor his forgotten twins who were raised by Stefano's employees. Nor his daughter in Switzerland. Kim calls Shane, and is obtuse enough to think that Jeannie T would break her cover less than 3 (?) weeks into it because it's a US holiday? Dumb!!!

And WHY did she refer to Jeannie by her 'middle' name? When talking to Shane? I give it a pass when they're talking to Jeannie, but about her? No way.

Enough with the Chad/Abby fakeouts! I'm sick of Abby in hiding and I'm really not feeling anything about Chad/Gabi (other than it's even more forced than that other coupling that I won't mention here).
What can I say about Julie other than :angry:
Right? She knows Nick was off his rocker. She has to. And worse, she didn't forgive Gabi or accept that Gabi might have suffered at Nick's hands, but rather, just because it is a US holiday. DUMB. I can only imagine how she'll treat Valerie when it's her actual blood descendant involved. (Speculation on my part given Valerie's attitude toward Julie and her call today to her son. If these writers were more creative, this would be iffy. But I'm calling it now.)
I said this on twitter but JJ said "Abs" before he opened the door
I'm pretty sure the door was open, or ajar.
He said "Abs" before he was even in the room to have actually seen her
True - but I thought he heard her voice because she was talking to the picture. This might be something I have to peruse a clip for. We'll see tomorrow when they replay/redo the scene LOL.

Nice cliffhanger.

And that is some attic they have. I can't even stand completely up in my attic. Theirs has like an 8 foot ceiling.
While many houses have crawl-space attics, many houses also have full attics. My attic is comprised of full size rooms that were bedrooms for the previous owners' kids.

Very true, but that attic is obviously used to store things no longer used, or rarely used, and there was not a dust bunny or cobweb anywhere.

I rarely go into my attic and it's not dusty, nor are there any cobwebs. I think it helps that I don't open the windows up there and I have the heating grates covered.

Have several family & friends with attics. My son's also manages to stay pretty clean, he actually refinished and made rooms up in his (that he does not use, lol), & my best friend had bedrooms in hers for her kids. But this one has a lot of boxes, must have a bed or cot, and with Jennifer living there, and doesn't seem to be all that big....there should have been some dust bunnies at least. (heck, they are under my bed all the time, and I am not in the attic, lol)

But then, Salem does have those unseen elves who decorate for holidays, take the decorations down, pack them away. The ones who clean the homes, vacuum, scrub floors, and especially clean up the broken glass & pottery that Salemites love to smash.

You know, the ones who manage to get over to the Horton cabin on Smith Island and keep it so spotless they never have to wash a dish first, or window., sweep the floor......etc. etc. They keep it sterile enough one can do major surgery in it using the can opener, potato peeler, and big spoon. :sarcasm:

Poirot, :rotfl::rotfl:.

Just Samantha, I want to come live at your house, where there are no dust bunnies and spider webs!

Kat, I saw the scene with JJ speaking to Abby the same way you did, but it happened quickly so I guess we'll all go with whatever happens today.

Not counting Julie's dreadful behavior, the worst part of the show for me was Chad and Gabi being constantly thrown together and having to deal with the awkwardness. I want this to end now!

The funniest part was Roman's expression when Jade announced she was having Joey's baby. Honestly, Roman makes the best facial expressions of anybody!

A few things:

Did Claire really need a tablet computer to know how to set the table?

I thought when Chad had Thomas' birth certificate changed, he showed Abby the last name was Horton or Deveraux. This isn't the first time Thomas has been called Dimera.

Didn't Claire ask Ciara (while they were working at the hospital) if she could go with Ciara to visit Hope? I guess that fell through, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why Claire didn't accompany Shawn and Ciara on the visit to see Hope is that the prison has some rule that only allows for two visitors at the time. I know with Gabi it was three. But I'm guessing there were different facilities.

If my guess is right I think Gabi's facility would have been preferable. Gabi got to have visits in private rooms instead of a big open room where if she was pulled away suddenly in the middle of the visit she wouldn't have to worry about someone messing with any pictures she left behind. And the guards seemed a bit nicer. Poor Hope. :cry:

But speaking of the guard that lady was one intimidating figure. If she had decided to ignore Rafe flashing his badge and physically separated Rafe and Hope I wouldn't put any money on Rafe being able to fend her off LOL.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why Claire didn't accompany Shawn and Ciara on the visit to see Hope is that the prison has some rule that only allows for two visitors at the time.

That is my guess as well however, they should have said that out loud. I'm tired of this show trying to avoid connecting Claire and Hope.

That is my guess as well however, they should have said that out loud. I'm tired of this show trying to avoid connecting Claire and Hope.

I totally agree Heather. It's especially irritating since Claire has addressed Hope as "Gran" to her face at least twice. It's like they take one step forward and steps back where the relationship between Claire and Hope is concerned.

Hope has a teen-aged granddaughter. If the writers don't like the way that ages the character of Hope then they shouldn't have SORASed Claire so much.

But alas that bell has been rung. That cat has left the bag if you will.

Last edited:
Back