Days of Our Lives, Mon., Nov. 9, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives'
Monday, November 9, 2015

Replay of Aiden & Hope struggling, Hope falling unconscious, as Bo bursts in, goes after Aiden. They fight all over the place, Aiden is knocked out. Bo tries to get Hope to come to, is doing CPR. Aiden regains consciouness, comes after Bo, strangling him. They toss each other around, Aiden finds Hope's gun. (Still dark in the house) Bo tries to wrest the gun away, they struggle, the gun goes off. Both lie still. Bo is the one who moves at last, gets up, goes to Hope, who suddenly comes to, screaming, fighting Bo off, thinking it is Aiden. He soothes her, assuring her he is Bo, has returned, she strokes his face, he holds her. Finally, she wants to see Aiden, screams at the dead man, WHY? WHY? Bo holds her.

Over at Marlena's apt. Sami is babbling away non stop about what she found in the safe deposit box, all the info, account numbers, passwords, everything needed to keep them safe. She also is non-stop about the letter, phrasing, and her belief that EJ is alive. John & Marlena are calm, trying to talk common sense, Sami will have none of that. She brings up a video on the laptop showing a man, hat pulled down, scarf, head turned away from camera, putting something into that safe deposit box, 2 DAYS after EJ died. John tells her it doesn't mean a thing, Marlena tells her she could be in danger pursuing this, does she want her children to be orphans. Nope, she wants them to be raised with their father. She insists the man in video was tall, walked like EJ, something about his neck. She is going to pursue this. She rushes out, looks at her phone, murmurs "EJ", and dashes off.

Andre' gets a phone call that shots have been fired at the Hope residence. He laments to father that if Aiden was strangling her, why were their shots? Later, he updates Stefano that Aiden is dead, Bo & Hope have minor injuries, both taken to hospital. Both are having a fit that Bo is back. Andre' very upset that the entire plan is now kaput! But during a chess game, Stefano makes a move, grins from ear to ear ...did he capture a queen? No idea. Don't know chess.

At the remote cabin, Abby is handcuffed again, this time to a bedpost. Ben comes in with wood, feeds the stove, is sorry about killing Will who was his friend, but he figured out what Ben had done. He goes on about protecting Abby from evil Chad, that he did not kill because of jealousy, but because he loves her so much. It was love. He kisses her, she spots the poker, tries to reach it while kissing him, he says he will uncuff her so they can make love, makes her tell him she loves him, more kissing, she is feeling around behind his back for that poker, but then he lays her back, they will be making love.

At the jail, Chad tries to remember what happened, is frustrated, asks the guard if he let Rafe & Detective Brady know he wanted to talk to them. Guard says they are busy, and what is the use. Chad claims the killer is going to strike again, but the guard figures since Chad is behind bars, no way can that happen. Lights out.

Rafe & some cops are now at the Brady house, trying to figure out what happened. Hope is in shock, sits as if in a trance, Bo explains how when he got there, Aiden was strangling Hope with a tie, he struggled with him, Aiden got the gun, it went off. Hope once again seems to come out of her shock, yelling at Aiden why, why? She passes out. They are taken to the hospital. Rafe is puzzled, wondering himself why Aiden would do this. He had a gut feeling it was not Chad, but never suspected Aiden. Something is not right.

At the hospital, Steve is telling Kayla, that when he left her in Africa, it was to keep her safe. He has someone he thought was no longer a threat, which is why he returned to Salem, but obviously the threat is still there, and now his family is in danger. Kayla is mad, they argue, he assures her he has her back will protect her & their family. She suddenly realizes that perhaps Joey is now in the hospital because of whatever or whoever is after Steve. She tells him to go after the person now, get him, and stay away from her & Joey. She leaves in a huff.

Sami is hurrying along, Andre' steps out, and in his usual snide manner, says he hoped she enjoyed her trip to Switzerland, is glad she is back. She starts to bolt, but two of his goons grab her, she tries screaming, hand is over her mouth as she is hustled off. Andre's grins.

Bo is at Hope's bedside when she awakens, once again screaming and struggling against Bo, til he calms her down. He is there, she is safe. She needs to rest. Later, he sees Kayla in the hall, they hug, but he is on his way to Hope's room, dashes off. (he keeps flexing that arm that seems to be giving him trouble) He enters Hope's room, she is sleeping, he puts the blanket up closer around her, then sits next to her, holding her as she sleeps.

Thanks Poirot. Loved most of today's action and hate to be "Debbie Downer", but was perfectly happy when my Mom called while Sami was babbling. I sincerely hope Andre shuts her up for good. Cannot believe the people in charge agreed to make this EJ stuff (mild for what I'm actually thinking) part of the 50th. To me, it brought down the level of both story-telling and acting.

So, aside from the ridiculous fact that the fight between Aiden and Bo lasted too long (just kill Aiden already, Bo, so you don't have to stop giving CPR to Hope three times !!!!!), I liked these scenes. At least, there was action and good stunts. And I mostly loved all of Hope's reactions. The fear, the anger, etc. Spot on. I want to see someone struggle after such an ordeal. Not, "oh, it's fine, let's move on". I do also wish Bo had been examined. This is stupid. He's been tortured, beaten, fought with Aiden, yet, he's not treated... for anything ? :eek: Anyway... I'm curious to see what happens next. Oh, and I love Rafe in real cop mode !

Abigail and Ben : Oh, Ben is one sick dude. I actually felt sick to my stomach seeing them kiss. Great acting, though.

Chad : Great acting also, just by being in a cell. I love Chad ! I can't wait to see him in action also. Soon, I hope.

Steve and Kayla : Let's see what happens... I'm curious as to who is after Steve.

Lastly, I used my FF button today. It had been a while. But I just can't stand Sami ! I can't believe she's back to talk about EJ of all people ! Not the son she just lost, but EJ !!!! :sick::sick::angry::angry: Oh, go ahead, Andre, do us all a favour : kill her !

@ Sher....Could not agree more. In fact.....I was yelling at the TV set, that she laid next to his dead body in the morgue over a year ago, her son was murdered just last week, and she has not a word to say about that. Just babbles, on and on......and sorry, I know some just love Sami, but she WAS babbling, more or less incoherently.

The show starts in 9 minutes & I'm glued to my tv. Finally Bo & Hope have scenes together!

Sami: eh she lost her frolicking mind during the "grief sex" with EJ. I pay no attention to her at all. In death - as life - Will is ignored in favor of her twisted lover.

A few comments about today's characters. 1) Andre: Once again he proved that he can't play chess, again easily losing his queen to Father. This is almost as bad as having Sami kidnapped. Do the DiMeras really want to listen to her screeching on a regular basis? 2) Ben: What a charmer. What girl wants to hear that a guy has murdered three people for her? 3) Rafe: How many times is he going to have to say that the aspects of the necktie killings make no sense before things are wrapped up? 4) Sami: She actually said: "I'm not crazy." Many people would politely beg to differ with her on that point. 5) Steve: He actually thinks that working for the ISA is "respectable." This organization is full of incompetents and DiMera spies and regularly attempts to ruin its agents' lives by sending them off on interminable, inane missions. 6) Abigail: Before she tries to clobber psycho Ben with that poker, she ought to call Jeannie T. for a few instructions on how to use it to best effect.

Last edited:
Which reminds me, no Theresa and Brady today, so did it happen?

I still do not like the way this story panned out about Aiden, the way he strangled Hope and then dying. Poor Hope, I felt so bad for her.

I was pleased to see that Marlena and John did not believe Sami.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot.

Ewwwwww........Hope is in the hospital bed in her bloody negligee. I guess they didn't want Dr Dan to get too excited seeing her in a hospital gown since he's engaged to Nicole.

Ben wants to have sex with his handcuffed wife? Sure some folks probably like that when it is a mutual turn on, but it is very disturbing in this instance.

Rafe has part of the Salem Brain today. I wonder where the rest of it is since Sami sure doesn't have it.

Looks like most are on the same page. The Sami story line is just plain awful, and I walked out of the room every time she opened her mouth. I can very easily believe the rumors that the actress concocted this as her way to be on during the 50th anniversary. For me, it just isn't up to par with the rest of the acting / writing / producing / editing that we've been seeing since the new crew took over.

Ewwwwww........Hope is in the hospital bed in her bloody negligee. I guess they didn't want Dr Dan to get too excited seeing her in a hospital gown since he's engaged to Nicole.
Having Hope in her bloodied nighty and robe was ridiculous. She'd have been stripped of that and put in a hospital gown immediately. And if Hope was unable to physically cooperate with the ER attendants, they would've cut off the nightgown and robe.

Thanks for the summary. Good show today. While there are some characters/storylines I'm not so fond of, I think the acting is very good right now, as usual. So kudos to the entire cast.

I can't stand Andre at all, but I really hope this EJ thing is his doing (though I don't get what the point would be). I can't believe Sami is more concerned with her rapey smoochy-mooch than her son's death. It's really irritating to me, and I can't wait until she leaves Salem again, or better yet, it murdered by the DiMeras. I also am sickened by Ben! Poor Abigail.

It's unbelievable that Hope is still in that bloody clothing and that Bo is not being examined, but at last this ridiculous storyline is coming to a close. I'm glad that the criminal is dead, but still upset that the writers made it turn out this way. Awful! I wonder if the truth will ever come out.

The Chad and Patch parts today seemed to be just filler. Would rather have seen Brady & Theresa.

It was very much to my liking today, except for psycho Ben and Abby and Sami. If we thought Stefano was bad, Tony is vile. Thaao Pengliss makes him about slimy as you can get!!
Agreed on all counts but this is Andre and not Tony on our screens. Also I much enjoyed Andre's goons shutting Sami up. I just can't even... Not even the hug she gave John and the fact that she said I love you to him, could salvage her scenes. I had to switch channels. Ben is one sick disturbed individual talk about a fruit loop.:eek:

Last edited:
Back