Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 12, 2015

I glad the writers showed everyone before they knew Will had died. Just
a regular evening before tragedy strikes.

Nice to see John and Marlena in the townhouse. I enjoyed Steve and
Caroline trying to figure out where Bo is. I laughed when Steve and
John figured out Caroline is psychic now because of her medication.

I wondered about Abby and Ben having sex since that same day
Abby was told to rest and take care of herself.

You could see the light bulb go off in Chad's head when he realizes it
wasn't Clyde, but
Ben killing people. I guess someone forgot to lock
the window since Chad sneak in that way again.

It was interesting to see Caroline kiss Victor's hand. Then we see
Maggie watching.

I'm glad someone with Salem PD figured out Will's body was moved. How
long will it take them to figure out from where?

Seeing Sonny listen to Will's message was sad to watch. I didn't cry
until Victor told Sonny about Will.

The end with Sami coming in and running to Marlena was so emotional.
It's been almost a year since Sami has been home and she has to
come back to Salem just when he son dies....

I'm sure tomorrow will be another tissue day :(

I'm still crying after the second time I watched this. The cast was amazing today. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) was so good. He really does great work when given the material.

edited to add character's name - please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
lol......gee,, Jason.....
wonder where you got that particular expression?

(i.e. for everyone else...Blue Hills is a place in WI, & I do live in that state..)

There are only a few "small" mountains (really just large hills) in eastern Massachusetts, surrounding the southern side of Boston. You guessed it, the Blue Hills, complete with year round sports and a weather observatory.

I think Chad just put two and two together. Early in the episode he was looking at the article about Clyde being arrested on his tablet and then later the news came over the wires about Will being murdered (gimme a break, as if that would be on there that fast as they were still notifying next of kin, but I digress). Knowing that Clyde was currently in custody, he deduced that someone else must be responsible and had a lightbulb moment of "aha, it's Ben!"
Thank you! I didn't see him reading about Clyde's arrest. I even backed up to watch his scenes again, since they were pretty quiet. (I usually listen, rather than watch.) That does make sense.

And here I thought he had access to spoilers/scripts or something. :wink:

Imagine the headline in the Spectator: "Necktie Killings Suspect Strangled by Necktie Killer."

Thank you for a bit of comedy relief amid this nightmare. :) I truly wish that tptb had not gone with this death storyline.

What kind of political connections does Sami have to commute on an F-16 fighter? :rolleyes:

I think Abby had an "aha!" moment when she said "not now" to Ben. Hopefully, she will hold that thought.

Had a difficult time while watching Lucas today; dust kept blowing into my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to watch this one in tiny bits and pieces. I still have tears. I thought it before, and I believe it more now that these writers either did their research or have someone on staff who has lost an adult child suddenly and tragically. There are subtleties that only a bereaved parent would know and they have been right on the money with all of it. It was a hard episode to watch for me for many reasons. I was carrying my daughter when Sami was carrying Will. And yes, I know its a tv show but I have watched this character for years. I am beyond sad that he is gone.

I wanted to comment about the Lucas and Sami reactions. My husband actually couldn't watch the part about Lucas finding out at all. When we lost our son, his reaction was exactly like Lucas' reaction, the anger, disbelief, followed by falling apart. I went completely numb, and I stayed that way through that awful day until that night when he was finally sleeping and I was alone. Then I lost my ever lovin mind. I was in deep shock. And I saw that in Sami today.

It's going to be a rough couple weeks for me to watch Days, but I will be right there watching. Because I love Days, and I hate Ben and his daddy and I want them both to pay, pay, pay for different reasons. Ben because of what he has done and Clyde because as Susan Banks would say, he is "mean, mean, mean. Even though its hard to watch because of what if brings up for me, this is the Days that I loved. The family connections, the emotions, the drama. Not the quicky sex and superficial conversations written only for plot point. Its the love. And in all the the sorrow I saw today, there was also so much love.

What's truly remarkable about this thread is all the superlatives -- posters saying how much they enjoyed the episode, saying how certain characters really affected them, praising the performances of various actors, etc. What a change from the dreary spring and dog days of summer when day after day, posters were complaining about how boring and stupid Days was, carping about the the idiotic plots, and bemoaning the the overexposure of such characters as Dr. McScuffy, Bluebird, sourpuss Eric, and Xander. Now that the writers really have the audience's attention, let's hope that they keep it up.

Last edited:
I just finished watching today's episode. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I used half a box of Kleenex. A well acted, directed and written show! If had been Chandler Massey as Will it would have put me in hysterics. I grew up watching him as Will.

Lucas (Bryan Datillo) was absolutely heartbreaking shifting between denial; shock & grief. His tears were so genuine!

I am more exhausted from watching the show than double shifts today. I don't think I can sleep tonight.:cry:

This was a fabulous and heart wrenching episode.

The interplay of Gabi giving Will CPR while Sonny listened to the voice message was well done.

Gabi telling Rafe that they need to cover Will because he was cold really started the tears. Her following "how do I tell my baby her daddy is gone" didn't help.

Lucas saying "not my son" and telling Hope "don't look at me like that" broke my heart.

Hope and Rafe losing their professionalism and snapping at each other was a good touch. They really can't lose it when others are around given the circumstances.

That Marlena and Lucas hug :cry:

Ben laughing into another "Chad is the evilest," speech seconds after Abby learned her cousin had been brutally murder was disgusting. I loved she told him "not now."

The ending with Abi, Gabi, and Arianna in the park, Sami and Marlena hugging, and Chad confronting Ben was amazing.
The editing was fantastic!

This goes to show what happens when it affects a character we all care about. As sad as Paige's death was and as great as Kassie Depaiva (Eve) and A Martinez (Eddie) were in the aftermath, it did not generate anywhere near the fan reaction that Will's death is now generating.

I wish the "word game" Marlena and Will play had been mentioned in the last 38 months (or, better yet, the last 2). These writers are sharper than that. Still it was a nice touch they brought it up again.

I think I remember Marlena and Will talking about playing a word game, but I could be wrong.

LOL...we say that around here, and I honestly didn't know it was a place.

I don't know about Blue Hills, but around here in south Alabama people will say things like "what in the Sam Hill are you doing?", lol. No idea where that comes from.

LOL, When I travel to a small mall about 65 miles away from me, I always pass a big sign saying Blue Hills. There was a pretty wide spread mountain range formed, I guess, from when glaciers covered the area. I think the area is closer to where Jason may be located than to me.....but then, hey, kt. I heard and used that expression of yours down in Chicago, so.....guess the expressions have a way of traveling. LOL

And yes, I do remember Marlena & Will talking of playing a word game. They have played for a long time, I am guessing, because I think it was Chandler Massey playing Will at the time it was mentioned.

I don't know about Blue Hills, but around here in south Alabama people will say things like "what in the Sam Hill are you doing?", lol. No idea where that comes from.

The millionaire Samuel Hill, a businessman and "good roads" advocate in the Pacific Northwest, became associated with the phrase in the 1920s. A reference appeared in Time magazine when Hill convinced Queen Marie of Romania to travel to rural Washington to dedicate Hill's Maryhill Museum of Art. Several years ago, Jim & I were on a tour of the NorthWest (small ship) and we traveled through the river in Washington...we were brought to this "castle" and was amazed at what we saw. We were in the middle of a high desert and it was "guarded" by peacocks. Inside were many treasures of Romania and an replica of "The Thinker", along with porcelains, cloths and paintings. Considering we were in the middle of "nowhere" it was amazing.

Best episode of Days in a very, very, very long time. First time in ages that this show has touched me in all the right ways and places. While I don't love all the violence, I do love the performances we saw today, the lighting, the editing, the script, etc. Today is one of those shows that hit all the right notes and made us all feel. Agree or disagree with Will being killed, it made for excellent TV. Bravo to all involved! and to all of us who stuck with the show through all the low points - well, here's our Days again. Now let's hope the Sami Brady show doesn't interrupt all the good things that have started happening on Days.

Back