Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 31, 2016

Heather4CU

Reaction score
Steve and John are in a conference room at the hospital. They let their guard down about Orpheus. John has security footage of the hospital. They are watching from before the body was taken. A guy, Laslo, is in the hallway by the morgue. Steve remembers him from the police station. John says he’s not a cop. Next scene they are back looking through the magician’s boxes. Steve can’t reach Roman as there is a more “important case” and he is behind closed doors. He reached Raines instead. They need to head to Pier 16 as the manufacturer of the boxes is located there. They see a guy in a cape and hold him at gunpoint. It’s just a teen in costume.

Marlena and Kayla are tied to chairs in Orpheus’ hideout. He comes in and wants to know what he thought of the latest magic trick. He heckles Marlena for trying to revive him. She doesn’t believe he’s real. He tells her this is your worst nightmare. Orpheus tells Marlena and Kayla that Laslo is the one who helped him. Marlena is still in disbelief. Orpheus claims they’ll never be found. He says he had a backup plan in case Orpheus was captured. Newly created fashback to the police station with her medical bag unattended. We see Laslo replacing the medicine in her bag. His death was faked. Laslo retrieved and revived Orpheus.

He is taunting the women this entire time about how he plans to kill them and cause John and Patch the same pain he has felt for years. Orpheus is ready for step 2. We see a tarp covering something in the corner. He leaves to go trick or treating lol. Laslo is with them. They try to loosen the ropes. Orpheus comes back and tightens the ropes. Laslo removes the tarp and we see 2 wooden coffins leaning against the wall.

Lucas and Adrienne are in costume (someone help me out here) in the private area of the park talking about the capture of the trio. Justin walks by. Soap stares.

Gabi is outside the Pub on the phone with JJ. Tells him to stay near the phone so she can send photos. Chad is inside helping Arianna with her costume. Ari is standing there now. They are dressed identically so cute! Chad is dressed like Zorro, the girls are in matching flamenco attire. Small talk about costumes. Ari talks too!

Repeat of Friday’s scene at HTS. Ciara asks Hope what is going on. Roman asks Rafe who did this. Andre shows up smirking. Chad, Gabi and Ari arrive. Rafe smacks the recorder out of Andre’s hands. Andre tells Rafe nobody can save Hope now. Rafe starts to strangle Andre and Roman stops him. Andre says police brutality may invalidate Rafe’s commendation. He wants to make sure the crime doesn’t go unpunished. Ciara is upset. Hope tells her to go home. She tells Doug and Julie to take her home. They leave.

Justin, Adrienne and Lucas are there now. They don’t believe Andre. Everyone, including Chad, thinks Andre is up to something. Chad tries to go after Andre and Gabi stops him. He storms off. She and Ari follow. Justin is now Hope’s attorney. The deputy mayor wants to continue the conversation at the police station. They all go.

At the Salem PD, Hope and Rafe are out of costumes. Rafe asks if she believes Aiden gave her the only copy of the recording. Hope believes Aiden. Rafe doesn’t. Back and forth. Roman, Andre, deputy mayor and a uniform are in the conference room. Roman asks how he got the recording. He doesn’t say but does say he has copies. Roman comes out and tells Rafe and Hope Andre has enough to implicate Hope. Hope wants to talk to Andre. Rafe won’t let her. He says it didn’t work last time. Deputy mayor comes in and thinks Andre is trying to discredit the department. How did he put Hope’s voice on tape confessing to murder? Deputy mayor, Rafe and Roman walk off. They are worried about the media.

Hope goes to talk to Andre. He is now the accuser for the first time in his life. They are alone in the interrogation room. Andre is taunting Hope about her guilt. Andre had figured out Aiden was blackmailing Hope so he broke into Aiden’s hotel room and found the recording. He made many copies and returned the original back to Aiden’s room so he’d never know it was gone. He calls Hope a hypocrite and a liar and a murderer. Hope says she was brainwashed, Stefano’s prisoner and he kidnapped her baby. He did everything in his power to destroy her happiness and her family’s happiness.

Andre hopes this isn’t her way of justifying her actions. Hope says it’s not justified. He admires how she supports her boys in blue. She wants to know what he wants. He mentions her dressing as the Queen of the Nile as her alter ego. Compares Hope to Cleopatra, in the end doomed by her own error. She took her life by putting an asp on breasts. He wants her to find a less barbaric but equally effective way to atone for her sins.

Meanwhile Rafe is in Roman's office and is trying to call Aiden. Roman asks if this is Aiden’s way of a final parting shot. He says Hope is adamant that Aiden was sincere. Rafe and Roman want to make sure Hope is protected. Rafe promised her she wouldn’t go down for this. He is still willing to say he shot Stefano in self defense. Roman says people will think he is covering for the woman he loves. Rafe is willing to take the risk.

Chad, Gabi and Ari are in the private area of the park. Chad is really upset. He doesn’t know if it’s a confession or a sick joke. Nobody believes Hope could do something like this. Yes they are having this discussion in front of Ari. Gabi wants to help Chad. He appreciates her concern. Chad asks Gabi to take Thomas back home.(Editor’s note: I didn’t realize he was even there). Chad is going to figure out who killed his father.

Doug, Julie, Lucas, Adrienne and Ciara are in the Horton living room. Jen comes in. She says she wanted to be there but she really needed to be there for JJ. She wants to know if Hope accepted JJ's commendation for him? Julie is really upset and they all go to get her some water except for Ciara. Jen asks her to tell her what happened. Most of this is off camera but Ciara tells Jen what happened. Ciara doesn’t believe Hope would take the law into her own hands. She thinks this is a Dimera trick. Jen doesn’t say anything. Flashback to Hope confessing to Jen. Ciara figures it all out based on the look on Jen’s face. Ciara is very upset.

Everyone except Andre is back in the interrogation room. Deputy mayor comes in with DA Melinda Trask. She is there in case they want to press charges against Dimera. Justin advises Hope to keep quiet until they chat. Rafe asks everyone to leave so they Justin and Hope can chat. Hope sees Andre through the window and says no and says she has something to say. Hope admits the recording was real and confesses to killing Stefano. Chad walks by and stares.

John and Steve are now in the alley and want to check out the warehouses. Marlena and Kayla are now in the coffins. Orpheus taunts them and closes the coffins. Laslo stands there. They are screaming from inside the coffins and Laslo hammers them shut but not too tightly. Both women are crying and screaming for each other. END.

Gabi is outside the Pub on the phone with JJ. Tells him to stay near the phone so she can send photos. Chad is inside helping Arianna with her costume. Ari is standing there now. They are dressed identically so cute! Chad is dressed like Zorro, the girls are in matching flamenco attire. Small talk about costumes. Ari talks too!
Guess we now know when this picture was taken.

Cv-wZFAVMAASM8n.jpg

Ok so one thing that's probably not clear from the summary is that even today featured a lot of characters, it was still mostly about Hope. She dominated the screen time over everybody else in this episode. Even the Orpheus stuff seemed like an afterthought. I'm surprised this was the cliffhanger.

Today was the first day since Lauren Boles (ex-Ciara) played the role where I actually felt for Ciara. So kudos to the actress who plays her. I hope this trend continues. I hope she calls her brother and tells him to come back to Salem.

I was really underwhelmed by the Orpheus stuff. There was no urgency to these scenes whatsoever and very little air time to them. And I really don't think anything serious is going to happen to the women. They really should have held off on this for a while.

I guess Melinda Trask replaced Aiden since they referred to her as DA Trask. I'm ok with this.

I thought the Hope-Andre scenes were superb. Now I'm curious to see everyone's reactions to Hope confessing since everyone was giving her the benefit of the doubt today.

I thought the Hope-Andre scenes were superb. Now I'm curious to see everyone's reactions to Hope confessing since everyone was giving her the benefit of the doubt today.
Hope was very foolish to confess on the basis of the tape. It was inadmissible because Aiden had no authority to tape a conversation at police headquarters -- he's not the employer of police officers. Also, even now, barracuda Melinda Trask shouldn't be salivating just yet about convicting Hope. Unless she's got the file of other evidence Aiden compiled all she has in an uncorraberated confession, which isn't enough for a conviction. If it was, every nut who confessed to a well-publicized crime would be in jail.

Andre had figured out Aiden was blackmailing Hope so he broke into Aiden’s hotel room and found the recording. He made many copies and returned the original back to Aiden’s room so he’d never know it was gone
This not only makes sense, but it's a relief. I'm glad Aiden wasn't lying to Hope about giving her the only copy.

A few questions about today's show:

Why were two private eyes, John and Steve, allowed to use the police conference room? Lt. Kojak (Telly Savalas) or Det. Lennie Briscoe (Jerry Orbach) would have grabbed them by the collar and deposited them outside on the payment.

Why was Marlena so surprised that the Big O was still alive? After all, returning from the dead is a favorite pastime in Salem.

Why didn't the writers have Chad join in the hunt for Marlena and Kayla? It would have made for quite a scene if "Zorro" had burst into Orpheus's hideout and carved the "Sign of the Z" on the posteriors of Mr. Evil and his faithful sidekick, Laszlo.

Why are people worried what the innocuous Spectator will do with the Hope story? They should really be worrying about the trashy Salem Intruder and Zoe Browning's cheap rag, Sonix.

Why was there a young guy on the piers dressed in a cape, mask, and white gloves? Do Salem's longshoremen give candy to trick-or-treaters?

I'm a bit confused because I thought Orpheus said he was going trick-or-treating. So why he come back empty handed? I thought it would have been funny if he came back with a plastic pumpkin full of goodies. And then proceeded to taunt Marlena and Kayla while stuffing his mouth full of mini-Snickers and Jujubes. Yeah that was probably just me. LOL

Finally Hope got some airtime today. I mean seriously where has she been? I had almost forgotten she was even on the show!!

Okay seriously I think the headline for today's episode should be" "Arianna Grace Horton speaks"!!!!

I know she has spoken before but it's always been so softly that it would easy to miss but she said that Chad looked "Awesome!" like she really meant it. I loved the matching Flamenco dancer mother/daughter costumes with Gabi. I know Sonny thought that a four-year-old nun was funny but I don't know maybe it's the Catholic boy in me but there was something a little off-putting about the idea so I liked Gabi's pick much better.

I have to say that I found the whole Hope reveal to be kind of lackluster. But then my interest in this epic has long past faded so the ground could have opened up and monstrous beasts could have crawled out from the bowls of the earth and we could have had a blockbuster that on a scale that not even Steven Spielberg or James Cameron could have dreamed up and I still would have shrugged my shoulders and said: "Meh." LOL

Last edited:
This not only makes sense, but it's a relief. I'm glad Aiden wasn't lying to Hope about giving her the only copy.

Didn't we see a scene where Andre broke into Aiden's hotel room a few weeks ago and then left? At the time I think we all thought it meant nothing because there was no follow up. Am I imagining this?

Why were two private eyes, John and Steve, allowed to use the police conference room? Lt. Kojak (Telly Savalas) or Det. Lennie Briscoe (Jerry Orbach) would have grabbed them by the collar and deposited them outside on the payment.

The conference room was actually in the hospital. It was a redressed version of the hospital bed which lends itself to a bigger question. Where are Abe and JJ? Perhaps they can transport that nice table and chairs to a real office set for Titan.

Back