Days of Our Lives- Monday, 9/29/14

missharleyquinn

Reaction score
We begin today with Aiden sitting alone in a nice restaurant, checking his phone. Hope rushes in, apologizing profusely for being late, traffic was horrible. Aiden had stood to greet her, now as he sits, he sighs. Hope looks worried, asks what's wrong. Aiden assures her that nothing is wrong- in fact, it's perfect. He is sorry to have to drag her all the way to Chicago, but she doesn't mind. She can't imagine having to explain anything to anyone right now. He needs to be sure, before this date goes any farther, that she's ready to do this. She wouldn't be there if she didn't want to be, realizes she has no other choice than to make a life for herself. Aiden says this is no harm, no foul, if it doesn't work out between them, they can go back to being friends. He has an amazing afternoon planned, asks if she'd like to go see a matinee of some show, she's very impressed. Very sweet scenes. Aiden really wants their first date to be perfect, he says, right before the waiter trips and dumps red-sauced pasta into his lap. The waiter apologizes, Hope is laughing quietly, but now there's been a kitchen fire, and the only thing the restaurant has to serve is coffee and mints. On the house. Hope suggests they get something quick on the way to the theatre, after they find Aiden a new shirt. Now Aiden's phone is ringing, and Hope jokes about the show being cancelled. The show has, in fact, been cancelled. Aiden wants to know if there's anything Hope wants to do in Chicago, suggests a dip in freezing Lake Michigan. Hope says the mints are good, they should quit while they're ahead. He really wanted this date to be perfect, and she tells him it'll be a good story for the kids someday. Hope doesn't want to come back to that restaurant, but does want to go out again. Before they get ahead of themselves, though, they should end this date. She gives him a sweet kiss on the cheek, they share a long look.

Paige is at the hospital, Daniel is apologizing to her for being late. His excuse is that they couldn't find Parker's other shoe. She thanks him for getting her this internship, is a bit nervous, Daniel tries to lighten the mood by telling her it'll be a couple weeks before he calls her in to assist with brain surgery. He also tells her to watch out for, but not to worry about Anne, and that if Anne gives her a hard time, send her his way. He then takes her on to Kayla, who will be giving her a tour of the hospital. When we see them next, they're in Kayla's office, chatting. Kayla tells her to make sure to save time for fun, Paige mentions the big party she and JJ went to. Kayla looks surprised. Next time we see them, Maxine has come in. Kayla introduces them, Maxine has a file for Kayla. Doctor Jonas has requested a consult on a new patient, Maxine thought Kayla would know best how to handle it. She looks at the file, agrees. Next, we see Kayla bringing a young woman into her office, asking if she minds if she calls her Lucy. The lady requests they leave the door slightly open. Kayla offers to call a family member, the girl wants nobody to know, feels like it was her fault. We find out this girl has been raped. Kayla tries to comfort her, the girl tells her she can't possibly know. Kayla tells the girl that she was raped, too.. And we see Paige standing outside the half-open door, listening, surprised.

Eve has shown up at the Horton house, JJ answers the door. Tells her if she's looking for his mom- Eve interrupts, she is here to see him, and she thinks he knows why. She's there to confront him about the pictures. JJ swears they're set up, Eve tells him she thought he would be a better liar than that. He insists he isn't lying, tells her that while he was waiting for Paige, she was the only thing on his mind. He thinks he was drugged. Someone is setting him up, they must have slipped something in his soda. May even have been the girl in the pictures. Eve is now insisting on seeing the pictures. NOW. She didn't know those pictures were so lurid, really laying into JJ, who is standing his ground, insisting it isn't his fault. Eve says Paige is too trusting, but she knows better, and warns him to stay away from Paige. JJ tells her he won't, she needs to hear him out. She tells him he needs to get out of her way, and he blocks her in. He wants to prove the truth, doesn't exactly have hard evidence. Pulls out his phone, calls Daniel and asks to meet up. Daniel suggests his place, and JJ lets him know he will be bringing Eve with him. At Daniel's, the guys are explaining how Daniel did a blood test on JJ that night, and he wasn't voluntarily taking drugs. Daniel is vouching for JJ, calmly letting Eve know that if JJ wasn't in the right, he wouldn't be sticking up for him. Eve tries using Melanie as an example, Daniel should put himself in Eve's position. She accuses Daniel of trying to score points with the fair Jennifer, and Daniel turns it right back around on her.

Back at the hospital, Sami and Marlena are in John's room. Sami is asking about his prognosis, progress. Marlena thanks her for being there, Sami tells her that no matter what her history is with John, she is so happy Marlena got this miracle. Now, if only she could make Kristen pay for what she did to Eric... But oh, she forgot, the kids have made a get-well card for John and she forgot it at home! Marlena says it'll do her heart good to hug the kids, she is regretful she hasn't had a chance yet to tell John about how she feels. Sami is now thanking Marlena for her support regarding EJ, it makes her very, very happy.

Kristen is on the phone, excited about her ankle monitor being off, she's free! Stefano is on the other end of this call, sitting at a desk, all smiles. Now, how does she plan to celebrate this victory? Kristen isn't sure, she's been dreaming about this day for months but now that it's here, she's full of dread, she isn't sure what about. Next, she blames Stefano for telling her that the best-laid plans go awry and then he sent her that photo... Stefano is a little upset, tells her if she's done praddling, he has a favor to ask.

Susan is telling EJ she is there to rescue her sweet, sweet baby boy. She can't believe how big he's gotten. She had a premonition, like Celeste used to have, that some evil was going to get EJ and she just couldn't sit still. He tries to tell her how happy he is, how perfect things are, but she thinks that she cannot ignore this premonition, and he needs to take Johnny and Sydney and come to London with her. She thinks Sami has something to do with this premonition. EJ gets a phone call, has to leave the room, and while he's gone, Susan whips out a thing of sage and begins walking it around the room, because she can still sense that evil, creepy Stefano, even though she knows he isn't there. She runs into Sami, who scared the dickens out of her, and they talk for a second about how Sami is EJ's wife now. Susan says "how time flies, seems like just yesterday you were sitting in a chair about to be fried for murder." Sami reminds her that it was the death penalty, actually, and she didn't do it. Susan then lets her know she is there to convince EJ to come back to London. Sami tries to tell her that he can't, what about the kids? Susan says he can bring them. Well, what about me, I am their mother? Well, you can come too, Sami, if you want. EJ comes back in the room, Susan tells him that she invited Sami too so now there's no excuse not to come. Well, there's work. Susan tells EJ he can get a great job working for The Sun, which is just like The National Enquirer, only more classy. Then she says that she knows EJ is embarrassed of her, it broke her heart to have to give him away to Stefano and even more knowing he was being corrupted. But then she stayed away because EJ was living the life he wanted, the one Susan and Edmund couldn't give him. This goes on for a few minutes, and just as EJ is about to let loose and tell her how ridiculous she's being, in walks Marlena, who Susan is quite happy to see. They catch up a little, Sami and EJ use Marlena as an excuse to leave. Susan and Marlena talk a little longer before Marlena gets a call, has to go. Susan sits down, reads a tabloid, and then decides to go see John. A visit from her should perk him right up! As she opens the door to leave, there stands Kristen, who lets out a loud gasp.

And my post was too big, apparently the rest didn't copy.

Susan is telling EJ she is there to rescue her sweet, sweet baby boy. She can't believe how big he's gotten. She had a premonition, like Celeste used to have, that some evil was going to get EJ and she just couldn't sit still. He tries to tell her how happy he is, how perfect things are, but she thinks that she cannot ignore this premonition, and he needs to take Johnny and Sydney and come to London with her. She thinks Sami has something to do with this premonition. EJ gets a phone call, has to leave the room, and while he's gone, Susan whips out a thing of sage and begins walking it around the room, because she can still sense that evil, creepy Stefano, even though she knows he isn't there. She runs into Sami, who scared the dickens out of her, and they talk for a second about how Sami is EJ's wife now. Susan says "how time flies, seems like just yesterday you were sitting in a chair about to be fried for murder." Sami reminds her that it was the death penalty, actually, and she didn't do it. Susan then lets her know she is there to convince EJ to come back to London. Sami tries to tell her that he can't, what about the kids? Susan says he can bring them. Well, what about me, I am their mother? Well, you can come too, Sami, if you want. EJ comes back in the room, Susan tells him that she invited Sami too so now there's no excuse not to come. Well, there's work. Susan tells EJ he can get a great job working for The Sun, which is just like The National Enquirer, only more classy. Then she says that she knows EJ is embarrassed of her, it broke her heart to have to give him away to Stefano and even more knowing he was being corrupted. But then she stayed away because EJ was living the life he wanted, the one Susan and Edmund couldn't give him. This goes on for a few minutes, and just as EJ is about to let loose and tell her how ridiculous she's being, in walks Marlena, who Susan is quite happy to see. They catch up a little, Sami and EJ use Marlena as an excuse to leave. Susan and Marlena talk a little longer before Marlena gets a call, has to go. Susan sits down, reads a tabloid, and then decides to go see John. A visit from her should perk him right up! As she opens the door to leave, there stands Kristen, who lets out a loud gasp.

Given some of Susan's dialogue could she have something planned to "save" EJ. Her line about coming to take EJ and the kids, Johnny and Sydney, back to England with her was kind of foreshadowing to me.

Sami "can come too if she really has to" and "My boy's in danger...the dangerous kind of danger" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Susan still calls Stefano "Mr. Stefano Dimera" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: It's just plain weird considering that's the father of her son, but it makes sense since there's nothing weirder than Susan.

The way she slightly bounced on her feet like a chill went through her when she said the mansion gave her the heebie geebies.

She called Sami the Spawn of Satan.

She waived burning incense (???) around the living room repeating "I'm gonna get rid of that evil, you just go evil".

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My love for Eileen Davidson (Susan/Kristen) was only strengthened today.

Susan waved burning incense (???) around the living room repeating "I'm gonna get rid of that evil, you just go evil."
Pity poor Bo Brady. He's dedicated his life to destroying the DiMeras and now it seems that waving some smoke around the DiMansion living room is all that's needed. Elsewhere, Eve is really setting herself up for a fall. It's one thing to try to pull a fast one on Prissy Jen Jen, Paige, or JJ, but nobody messes with the mighty miracle surgeon and gets away with it. As for Susan, based on the facial expressions on those who've met her, a visit to John might just send him back into a coma. Finally, the real reason why the Salem P.D. doesn't try to catch crooks was on display today. Merely because the sourpuss ex-priest, who knows almost nothing, declined to testify, the case against Kristen was dropped. Why should Roman's cops arrest people when the D.A.'s office will raise a white flag the minute there's a glitch in the case?

She waived burning incense (???) around the living room repeating "I'm gonna get rid of that evil, you just go evil".
It was sage! :rotfl:I wouldn't be surprised if she has healing crystals somewhere in that bag. "Just gotta heal this bad bad energy Mister Stefano DiMera left!"

EJ's lack of respect for his mother was just mean mean mean, though. But I guess what else can you expect from a DiMera? Susan went through heartburn for nothing. :cry::rolleyes:

I'm so tickled to hear that Susan and Edmund are still together and still happily married!

th
th
th

Great writeup, Harley. Thank you so much. That show Aiden had tickets for was "Company". I think he said he thought she loved Steven Sondheim (who wrote it - and yes, I have seen it).
When Susan lit that bouquet (DID NOT know what it was, lol) and was waving it all over, I could not stop laughing.
I I missed parts of the show, so really am thankful for the summary). What the blazes is Eve's problem? She sure does play indignant and nasty when she is the one who hired the girl to do those photos, and now she calls JJ all these names.
I do not like the fact that Paige is hearing that Kayla was raped, while Eve is blathering about being married to JJ's father, and he is eavesdropping, too.

Back