Days of Our Lives, Monday, Aug. 15, 2011

NicoleMarie

Reaction score
Oh my goodness… amazing episode!! Beyond amazing! This is going to be a long one, so if you don’t have a lot of time, read the short summary.

Short Summary:
•Carly runs to the pier to cry and find drugs, but doesn’t. Quinn finds her and convinces her it’s time to confront her family. An angry Vivian lurks in the shadows and fumes at the thought of Quinn helping Carly.
•Brady gives Dmitri the go ahead to shoot the Dimera.
•Chad gets shot. EJ and Abigail bring him to the hospital. It just missed his heart and went through his arm. He is fine.
•Taylor blames Nicole and Brady for the hit on Chad. Taylor is done with both of them.
•Victor wants to move Maggie out of the Hospital and into the mansion, Hope agrees. The doctors say they can move her when she comes out of the coma.
•Melanie and Victor make up.
•Jen, Dan, and Mel are reunited with Carly.
•Vivian rips of the “Dr. Feelgood” poster and damn’s Carly to hell.
•Stefano, to protect his family asks Victor for a truce.

Full Summary:
Quinn stares up at the TV, watching Melanie beg for her mom. Vivian asks what he’s looking at, turns, and the TV has cut to baseball. Quinn makes some baseball reference. Quinn excuses himself and says he has an important meeting. Vivian sits and reads the paper. She sees a sketch of the last person seen with Carly Manning. She realises it looks exactly like Quinn. She rips the article out of the paper and leaves.

Carly runs into the alley behind the Inn, and all of the usual memories flash before her eyes. She is taken from her thoughts by a drug addict who offers her a needle, and says its 20 bucks for a hit. He needs the money to buy more. We don’t see her buying it; it just cuts to Carly on the ground crying in the fetal position. Quinn shows up and comforts her, looking honestly worried.
Carly explains that she didn’t take any drugs, but she thought about it. She is crying so much, it’s hard to understand what she says. It is clear that she just realized her family knows about her addiction, and she is scared. Quinn says he’ll help her. Meanwhile, Vivian is fuming looking down at them through the gate.

Victor talks sweetly to Maggie in her hospital room, promises her nothing like this will happen again, and leaves the room. He informs Daniel that he will get a private ambulance to bring Maggie to his estate; she would get around the clock care and be safe from harm. They inform him that Maggie can’t be moved. That’s the worst thing he could do.

Chad and Abigail are kissing and then Abigail moves to his other side to lean against some railings, leaving Chad’s back completely exposed to the gunman sitting behind some crates. Chad and Abigail talk about the fact that Chad isn’t safe. Sonny shows up and asks if everything is okay.

Kate is having Maggie’s condition monitored by someone she has in the hospital. Stefano is worried about his family.

Nicole walks in on Brady talking to Dmitri and wonders what he’s talking about. Brady tells Nicole that Dmitri wanted permission. Brady is worried about everything.

EJ and Taylor have a heart to heart outside the pub. Taylor is tired of the lying and EJ tells the truth about Maggie and how she got shot. The heart to heart continues but then they hear footsteps. EJ pulls Taylor behind him, and holds an arm protectively in front of her. It’s just the drug addict that offered Carly the needle. He asks EJ to spare some change, and EJ hands him a few bills. EJ turns around to see a shivering Taylor, and he puts his blazer on her. (Seems like the scarf all over again!)

Sonny tries to convince Chad to lay low. Sonny grabs Chads arms and looks him in the eye, but Chad pushes Sonny’s hands off of him and throws his own arms in the air. We hear the gunshot.

Outside the pub, EJ hears the shot and tells Taylor to get into the pub and stay there. But Taylor runs after EJ, anyway.

Jennifer and the gang of people at the nurses’ station convince Victor to NOT bring Maggie home. Lexi taps Jen on the shoulder and asks for a word. Putting Melanie on TV was a bad move. Jen is angry, because it was Lexi who suggested they go public. What Lexi didn’t say was to use the hospitals name. Now Jen must put something on the news that says that University Hospital has a zero tolerance policy for drug use and that Carly Manning has been terminated of her duties at the hospital. Jennifer quits, too.

Jennifer walks over to Hope who is going back to the station. Jennifer wants to go with her to look at what they have on the investigation with Carly. Hope wonders if she is working. Jennifer says, “Not anymore.” They are all left wonder what the heck is going on.

Victor sees Melanie with her head in Maggie’s lap. They apologize to each other.

EJ sees Chad on the ground and runs to his side. EJ plays with Chads face until he become conscious. They need to get Chad into his car. There is no time for an ambulance. EJ here’s Chads phone ringing and it’s Stefano. All EJ says is, “Chad. They got him, father.” Stefano bangs his fist on the table and collapses into a chair.

They pull Chad to his feet and walk him to the car. EJ kisses Chad’s temple a few times. Sonny and Taylor try to go, but he tells Taylor to stay away from him, and Sonny to go away. Taylor runs to the Kiriakis mansion. Abigail, Chad, and EJ walk to EJ’s “car” (lucky how it was right there even though he walked to the pub!)

At the police station, Jennifer finds out that they found Carly’s DNA on beer bottles behind the Salem Inn. Hope thinks that the picture of the guy is their best bit of evidence, but they have no idea who he is, and not a single lead. Jen offers Hope a little publicity. (I didn’t quite understand for what, I think they were just hinting for something in the future)

Daniel and Lexi are tending to Chad. Daniel isn’t wearing any scrubs, though. Just a sweater and some gloves. Lexi stands there and talks to them when Stefano comes in, and asks if he’s okay. Chad says he’s fine, and Daniel mumbles some rude comments. No idea who peed in his cheerios. Stefano tells him that he was so worried that he was going to be hurt. Chad says that he’s fine. Stefano says he is going to stop this once and for all. Daniel finishes bandaging Chad up and then pulls his gloves off and storms out of the room.

EJ walks into Chads room and wants to talk alone. But Chad insists that Abigail can stay. EJ apologizes. Chad explains that it’s not too late for him to get away from the Dimeras. He adds that it isn’t too late for EJ, either.

Dan Jen and Mel all get a phone call, “Are you looking for Carly Manning?”
They all meet up at the pub to talk about the strange calls. Outside the pub, Quinn gives some final supportive messages to Carly and then gives her that final push to go in to see her family. Melanie runs into her mom’s arms and all Carly can say is “Sorry” Over and over. She gives a hug to Jennifer, and then a hug to Daniel.

Vivian is at the pier, she rolls out a printed copy of the “Dr. Feelgood picture and rips it into pieces, damning Carly to hell.

Taylor bursts into the Kiriakis mansion and yells at Brady and Nicole. She claims Brady put the hit on Chad, and Nicole knew about the whole thing. Brady says nothing, but Nicole claims she knew nothing of a hit. Taylor exclaims that she’s done with both of them.

Stefano walks into Maggie’s hospital room to see Victor by her side. Victor wants to know what he’s doing there, and Stefano says that he wants to make peace.

Next Time:
Lexi tells hope that they have to take Maggie off the ventilator.
(Black and white pictures of Melanie and Jennifer)
Victor stands next to Maggie and exclaims, “What are you talking about?!” Hope replies, “It’s not my choice, Victor.”
(Black and white pictures of Daniel and Carly)
Victor slowly kisses Maggie’s forehead.

..[Carly] just realized her family knows about her addiction,

Say what??? They already knew about it when they were in Carly's hotel room.

They probably only gave Chad a flesh wound because Maggie was using the bed. :rotfl:

Victor and Stefano need to send their goons to target practice. They're as bad as the Salem PD.

Thanks, NicoleMarie!!!

Hahhahaha!

Carly thought that the intervention was all a hallucination. Seeing Melanie on TV made her realize that it was all for real.

Oh, wow, sounds soooo exciting, Nicole. Thank you. And yes, Carly thought the images of her family were a dream or something.

So Chad is hit in the arm??? (wonder what that pic of him with a bloody bandage on his forehead was all about). Not gonna worry about that. Just wonder what Viv is gonna be up to NOW!

Well during the shooting, EJ covers the wound, which seems to be on his shoulder. Then Daniel bandages up his upper arm. Yet there is a picture with a bloody head bandage.

Hm.... :confused:

These small inconsistancies in the storylines seriously irritate me. Watching the clips again, EJ was holding the rag to Chads arm, but his shoulder is SERIOUSLY bloody. :/

Thanks NM - It sounds riviting, looks like the old writers are going out with a bang (no pun intended)! LOL This whole week has been so good, writing and acting outstanding. Nicole, you did a great job on this Days Ahead doing short and long version, thank you!

Yes, thank you so much for a great job, NicoleMarie! When I saw the preview clips following Friday's show it somehow looked as though Abby may have gotten shot, though I had not seem any spoilers to that effect. Glad to have Monday's summary to clear that up for me.

KathyLu beat me to commenting about how inept the hit men are for both sides of the war. Talk about bunglers! She's right, only the Salem police could compete for the prize.

Thank you for the effort. I still miss seeing Hope like she was on July 4, playing the ballerina. She was amazing at that. Am I the only one here who knows about ballet?

I know absolutely NOTHING about ballet. Sorry! But I did think that Hope did a great job in the fourth of july episode. But I found the whole thing intensely corny!! Hehehe. Oh well.

And yes, it was a really good episode. Me and my sister were on the edge of out seats when EJ said "Chad, they got him!" It was soooo good. It seemed way longer than the 42ish minutes that it usually is.

Am really looking forward to today....Almost sounds like "The Godfather" movies. Ha. But I guess that is what they are going after with the "war".

Chad's head wound

So Chad is hit in the arm??? (wonder what that pic of him with a bloody bandage on his forehead was all about).

Maybe he hit his head when he fell...:idea:

Well there wasn't any bandages on his head today (which will be tomorrow for you) or on friday (today for you).

So that's curious... But none the less, it was a good episode. What time does Days of our lives air in the states (like the earliest?)

Here it airs earliest day ahead at 12. But normally it airs at 4.

Shot in the shoulder then bandaged on the arm?

Ok, I replayed this several times and each time I can see Chad was clearly shot in the upper left shoulder/chest. Then in the ER they bandage his left upper arm. Blooper?

lol i saw that too. all the blood was on his shoulder but the bandage was on his arm. made me think of taylor and the vase

Back