Days of Our Lives Monday Feb 9 2009

DJM

Reaction score
Sami is sleeping and Rafe leaves. She wakes up and calls out his name. Sister Theresa comes to tell her that he was called out to the office and that he will be back. Sami is not so sure. Tells Sister that she has come to care and rely on him. She talks about the time they spent together. Rafe returns and Sister Theresa lets him know that Sami was upset that he left without telling her. Rafe says she will have to get use to him not being around. Tells Sister that the meeting did not go well. That the boss knows the events surrounding the killer’s death at the hospital. That because of this he was able to gloss over other things so he will still be protecting Sami. Sister points out that he put his job on the line if it is found out. That he must really care for Sami to do this. She leaves and Sami comes in. She gives it to Rafe for leaving without saying anything. He tells her that he was able to convince the bosses that the killer may not have be acting alone so they will be staying in hiding for a little longer. Sami is happy about this, but worried that he may get in trouble.

At Bo’s place Abe is getting Bo’s account of what happened with the shooting of Kayla by Hope at the hospital. Bo tells Abe that he blew it big time. Abe points out that he is a hero getting to the hospital and bringing down the killer. Sami can now come home. Bo explains that he let Hope down. Tells Abe about the visions that he has had since the fall at Christmas. Abe remembers the vision about Theo. Bo says he saw Theo fall and called the ambulance. Abe thanks him for saving Theo’s life. Bo says he could have stopped the shooting, but did not tell Hope about the vision because he did not want to alarm her.

Hope is at the hospital visiting Kayla. Kayla forgives Hope for the shooting. Hope lets her know that is all she sees now. Kayla tells Hope that she can’t blame herself. Hope says she wish she had known she would not have gone near her. Hope lets Kayla know about the visions that Bo was having. That he did not tell her, but that he told someone else. Enter Steve with flowers. Hope leaves and Kayla wants to know if Bo told him about the visions. Steve admits that he knew about the vision, but Bo was not really sure if it was real or not so they decided to not say anything and to keep the two of them apart. Kayla gets after Steve for not telling Steve says he knows it was stupid. Not sure what he would do if he lost her. She calms him down saying that he didn’t. Steve offers to quit being a detective if that is what she wants.

Steph sees Philip and lets him know that she overheard the conversation that Victor and Philip had about Mel. Says he is not the man that she thought he was. Is very upset that he said he would bury her. Philip says he will do whatever it takes to keep the fuel project at Titan. She is angry that he would destroy someone for money. They fight over money Philip says he will not see Titan crash and burn. Steph feels that Victor is wrong and that she is shocked that he is just like Victor. Philip tells her in no uncertain terms that he does not feel what they are doing is wrong. If she doesn’t like it she is free to walk away. She likes that he is a straight shooter. What you see is what you get. Wants him to make the right choices that will not hurt anyone. Philip asks what if I can’t. Steph retorts that it can not work out between them. Philip says that he has not done anything wrong. They just have different ideas about what is right and wrong. She can’t believe that before he was feeling sorry for Mel and now he would destroy her. Philip warns her not to listen in on conversations anymore or to interfere he walks off and Steph is crying.

Mel is on the phone leaving a message for EJ. Says she thought that he wanted the fuel project. She can always take it somewhere else. Max arrives and wants to know what is going on. Mel says that she is giving the fuel project to the Dimeras. Max is upset saying that she is risking everything. Mel assures him that EJ will do right by her. Max wants to know what is in it for her to start the bidding war between EJ and Victor. Wants to know if this is because Philip is not interested in her. She said she is not so sure about that (flashback to her and Philip). Says that they come as a package deal, but Philip is too busy sleeping with his ex to notice that. Claims that Philip and Steph are together short term so she will go though with this. Max is upset saying that she is a minor player in a major player game. She says she is not minor anything she will get Philip, or take him down. Max says it is not her he is worried about, but the other players. She thanks him for being a supportive brother. Max points out that the other people that went against Victor landed on their faces. Mel says she will be fine if he keeps his mouth shut.

EJ, Brady and Nicole are talking at the mansion. Sydney is crying. Nicole goes to see what is wrong. She screams something is wrong with Sydney. She is not breathing (no crying now) Do something. EJ wants to do CPR, but Nicole says no time and they take off to the hospital. Lexie meets them. Nicole explains that she had stopped breathing for a while is breathing now, but gasping for air. (Her cry sounds good to me, but that is just my thinking) Lexie takes the baby and they wait for news. (Flashback to Nicole talking to Sydney at the Clinic about the great life she will have.) Brady is watching all this with a troubled look on his face. Lexie returns and lets them know that the baby is intubated and on a vent, but is now stable. She will let them know more when all the tests are back. EJ goes to get some tea. Brady comes over to talk with Nicole. She tells him this is all her fault for all that she has done. Brady assures her that God would not punish her like that. She says she now knows what it is to love someone. EJ returns and wants Brady to leave. Says something is going on between the two of them and she does not need another shoulder to cry on. Brady assures EJ that it is just part of the 12 step program and leaves. Nicole tells EJ she has something to tell him.

Hope and Bo are at home. Bo wants to know if she is feeling any better. Hope is more worried about Kayla. Bo has a surprise for Hope. Two tickets to Hawaii. Says she has time to think about it. The tickets are for next week. Hope is not going to go. Says she needs to make some changes. Is going to move into Doug and Julie’s place. Needs to be alone for a while. Bo points out that she will not be alone as Doug and Julie will be there. Ah they are going away on a trip. She is going to take Ceirra with her. Bo tries to stop her, but she cuts him off saying that it is hard enough as it is. Bo wants to know what he can do, but she tells him it is too late. He did not take his visions or her feels seriously. That this is the last time. She runs up the stairs. Comes back down all packed. Bo meets her at the door is upset and says he does not need his partner. To take care of herself because that is what is important.

DJM.

Thanks for the great write up!! What the heck are they doing with Bo and Hope?!?!? Can't there be any healthy complete couples on the show? Kayla's shot...Chloe is a cheater...Nicole is nuts...John's paralyzed (oh wait they're gone) I guess Abe and Lexie are healthy and complete but they are boring as heck. Man...I'm trying to hang on and still love this show but they are making it REALLY hard.

hugs
fraggle

Thanks Donna. Great summary. Sounds like a good show. Lots of complications ahead!

Can't wait to see this.....looks like Salemites are all finding obstacles strewn along their path in life........

I just had to laugh when EJ wanted to do the CPR and Nicole said no time. I would have taken the time to start the CPR and called an ambulance to go to the hospital. They even have the CPR saves lives poster at the hospital. Glad Sydney started to breath again on her own.

You are so right Donna. You and I both know from CPR that you can cradle a baby in one arm and do CPR with the other hand while you are in the midst of a transport. If it is a foreign body obstruction you can flip the baby back and forth from arm to arm to do it and still be moving. Can't believe they didn't call 911. The most believable part is that children go into respiratory arrest more than any other thing.

I think perhaps there might be others here who might know this as well. Having had a child who nearly choked to death myself.....well, I am sure there are mothers out there who have had close calls, too. (And yes, I called the ambulance).

I wonder how far Days will go with this seperation of Bo & Hope. And Stephanie getting on her high horse.

I hate the Bo and Hope separation. They have weathered far worse things than this. Hope needs to get a grip! I swear the whole town of Salem is due for group psychotherapy and not a shrink to be found. Marlena would have talked some sense into Hope.

Stephanie...It's not going to change so she better make a choice.

I don't like Bo and Hope's estrangement either. Those two actors have so much chemistry and they are far better together than apart. This drama definitely feels manufactured, unlike the situation when Zack died and Bo withheld the information about Chelsea being the driver.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I think that when Stephanie was with Jeremy, her actions were not completely above board. In that case, she has no right to take a holier than thou stance. Philip isn't threatening to kill Melanie, just to deal with her in the same way Melanie deals with others. Is Stephanie forgetting that Melanie put Trent's wallet in her purse to try and make it look like Stephanie or Max had something to do with her father's murder? Again, this feels like manufactured drama.

It also doesn't make much sense because Stephanie was always trying to wake Max up to Melanie's schemes and now she doesn't want Philip to play dirty. Maybe they are trying to turn Steph into mini Kayla who always had a good sense of fairness. It's almost like we have most of the younger characters in position to take the place of the vanishing vets.

At first, I was all with Hope, and I still don't blame her for being upset with Bo for not having enough confidence in her to tell her about the vision. BUT....this is just ridiculous! It doesn't even seem realistic, just silly, for her to be moving out. They should be working through this together.

Also, Stephanie, wake up! It would be one thing if Philip was planning to kill Melanie, but please, she needs to be brought down! She's been nothing but trouble from the beginning. Okay, so she is very young, but if she is infantile enough to base her business decisions on whether or not she can get Philip to romance her, she doesn't need to be involved in business in the first place. I wonder if Max will in fact keep quiet about it.

Hope and Bo are at home. Bo wants to know if she is feeling any better. Hope is more worried about Kayla. Bo has a surprise for Hope. Two tickets to Hawaii. Says she has time to think about it. The tickets are for next week. Hope is not going to go. Says she needs to make some changes. Is going to move into Doug and Julie’s place. Needs to be alone for a while. Bo points out that she will not be alone as Doug and Julie will be there. Ah they are going away on a trip. She is going to take Ceirra with her. Bo tries to stop her, but she cuts him off saying that it is hard enough as it is. Bo wants to know what he can do, but she tells him it is too late. He did not take his visions or her feels seriously. That this is the last time. She runs up the stairs. Comes back down all packed. Bo meets her at the door is upset and says he does not need his partner. To take care of herself because that is what is important.

DJM.

Seems like this happens far too often between Bo and Hope. Whenever anything happens, Hope goes and runs off. I understand that she would feel guilt, but this is something she did, and she needs to really deal with that and not blame others. So what if Bo told her this, would she believe him? Would she have been able to stop this from happening? Prob not. She always finds a way to blame Bo for everything that ever happens in their life, and Bo sets himself up to be a doormat. She'll be sorry if Bo decides to move on.

At first, I was all with Hope, and I still don't blame her for being upset with Bo for not having enough confidence in her to tell her about the vision. BUT....this is just ridiculous! It doesn't even seem realistic, just silly, for her to be moving out. They should be working through this together.

Also, Stephanie, wake up! It would be one thing if Philip was planning to kill Melanie, but please, she needs to be brought down! She's been nothing but trouble from the beginning. Okay, so she is very young, but if she is infantile enough to base her business decisions on whether or not she can get Philip to romance her, she doesn't need to be involved in business in the first place. I wonder if Max will in fact keep quiet about it.

I think Stephanie is right in this situation. We all know about Philip's involvement in the ship/drug business from a while back, he can be really dirty. Stephanie overheard something that she found to be shocking, and this isn't the Philip she is falling in love with. So when he talks about taking Melanie down, he means destroying her, which could even involve physical harm. Good for Stephanie for calling him out. What do you mean that Stephanie shouldn't be involved in business in the first place? She has every right to be. She works there, and is in a serious relationship with the head of the company. I just can't accept the mentality that a woman should just 'know her place' so to speak. That would be like saying why should Nicole care if EJ goes around killing members of the mob, it's just his job after all. I don't think anyone could hate Stephanie more than me, but I have to give this to her (and that is coming from someone that likes Philip).

I think Bo is used to Hope running off. I can remember it starting out that way with her running off in a wedding dress.

That ship/drug business was with John, and no one was killed or injured, but was stopped in business dealings. Dirty or not, Philip was playing hardball, against John who was ignoring the "agreement" between the DiMeras and Kiriakis shipping enterprises.
Melanie is in over her head, way over her head. Stephanie HAS always been at odds with melanie, whether with Max or Philip, and knows full well the manipulative schemes Melanie is capable of. Nick was a good friend, and Melanie played him, too, like she played Max (who seems to have had a memory loss where Mel is concerned)
Stephanie is an intern at Titan, she does not work in the area of the project, and has no knowledge of it. She eavesdropped on a tiny portion of conversation, and immediately got on Philip's case. Stephanie cannot be that naive. Corporate world is dog eat dog, one upmanship, etc. I hate the fact that all these folks are constantly in and out of offices at all kinds of late hours for no reason.
As to Melanie.......she should not have an office. She is no engineer, no math genius, no mechanical mind, does not even begin to understand the formulas/equations and blueprints of the project. She is lucky she knows how to type and answer the phone.Sorry, but she just turned 18, has not graduated high school, and has no clue. It would be more believable if she had insisted that Max be at Titan to oversee her interests in this regard.
EJ would take her to the cleaners in a flash, and Philip/Victor could have her living in her car within two weeks.
What is hard to swallow is that a savvy guy like Phil (or Victor) would not have an iron clad written contract for those options.

I did not write down all the words that Philip used in talking with Steph, but he did say he would bury her. Do whatever it takes to keep the project at Titan.

I doubt he meant that literally........It is a phrase used often to mean the person will be defeated, but good.

I think Stephanie is right in this situation. We all know about Philip's involvement in the ship/drug business from a while back, he can be really dirty. Stephanie overheard something that she found to be shocking, and this isn't the Philip she is falling in love with. So when he talks about taking Melanie down, he means destroying her, which could even involve physical harm. Good for Stephanie for calling him out. What do you mean that Stephanie shouldn't be involved in business in the first place? She has every right to be. She works there, and is in a serious relationship with the head of the company. I just can't accept the mentality that a woman should just 'know her place' so to speak. That would be like saying why should Nicole care if EJ goes around killing members of the mob, it's just his job after all. I don't think anyone could hate Stephanie more than me, but I have to give this to her (and that is coming from someone that likes Philip).

Jena, I was saying that Melanie (not Stephanie) shouldn't be involved in the business, if she is so immature that she makes her decisions around whether or not she can get Philip to be involved with her romantically. And as Poirot pointed out, she has no qualifications anyway.
As for Stephanie, she has been in Salem long enough to know the Kiriakis men are very devoted to the success of their business. Did she think they got where they are by letting a little snot like Melanie manipulate them? I don't think it is realistic for her to be all shocked at the conversation she overheard, when she was, by the way, eavesdropping.

Back