Days of Our Lives Monday Nov. 17 2008

I Googled the lyrics and found this:

YOU CALL EVERYBODY DARLING - written by Sam Martin, Ben Trace and Clem Watts Al Trace with Orchestra directed by Billy Ternont - lyrics as recorded July 26, 1948 by The Andrews Sisters

I honestly do not remember Sinatra or the Andrews Sisters singing it, lol, I can hear it in my head, and I suppose if it plays on the radio by the person I am most familiar hearing, I will find out. LOL I also googled it, but did not recognize anyone besides Sinatra & the Sisters.

I keep hearing the tune but can't remember who was familiar to me either. I don't know whether ol' Hank was one of those who recorded it or not, but if he didn't, he should have. :) I can almost hear him twanging the words.

Speaking of lyrics, does this remind you of anyone we know?

Melanie - Weird Al Yankovic

Me-he-he-helanie
What can the problem be
Sweet Me-he-he-he-helanie
Why won't you go out with me

She lived across the street on the fifteenth floor of the Gilmore building
I saw her in the shower reaching for some soap
I knew she had to be the girl for me
And to think I probably never would have found her
If I hadn't bought that telescope

Oh, Me-he-he-helanie
What can the problem be

I just can't understand it
Why won't you return my phone calls
Are you still mad I gave a Mohawk to your cat
If you'd just say the word
I'm certain that our love would last forever and ever
Or are you too dumb to realize that

Me-he-he-helanie
What can the problem be
How can you ignore me when you know that I can't live without you
I have to go through your garbage just to learn more about you

Melanie, ooh
Oh sweet Me-he-he-helanie

You weren't impressed when I tattooed your name across my forehead
You wouldn't listen when I promised to be true
I couldn't stand it so I jumped out from the sixteenth story window
Right above you
Now I may be dead but I still love you

Me-he-he-helanie
What can the problem be

Me-he-he-helanie
What can the problem be

I'm singin' Me-he-he-helanie
What can the problem be
Sweet, sweet Me-he-he-he-helanie

What can the problem be

What can the problem be

@NH--Yep, I recognize that song. My son was a HUGE Weird Al fan all thru his teens. We saw him in concert twice.

When I was watching last night I thought it was odd that out of all the people who said they missed and loved John when he was "dead" only Sami and Nicole accept him as he is now. Brady sounded childish to me when he was whining to Nicole about his daddy not being the same person. Didn't anyone mention to him that his father has amnesia??

The keystone cops cracked me up when they were questioning Maggie. I do have to say that I think Blake is doing an excellent bringing out super-creepy Nick.

@NH--Yep, I recognize that song. My son was a HUGE Weird Al fan all thru his teens. We saw him in concert twice.

When I was watching last night I thought it was odd that out of all the people who said they missed and loved John when he was "dead" only Sami and Nicole accept him as he is now. Brady sounded childish to me when he was whining to Nicole about his daddy not being the same person. Didn't anyone mention to him that his father has amnesia??

The keystone cops cracked me up when they were questioning Maggie. I do have to say that I think Blake is doing an excellent bringing out super-creepy Nick.

Yeah I have to agree... i think Brady was acting a bit childish

N.H., I remember Weird Al, from when my son was a teen but I didn't listen enough to be familiar with that song. However, it sounds like it was specially written for Nick and Melanie! Crazy-funny!

That Darlin song makes me think of Conway Twitty, didn't he do a song like that? He had such a different voice IMO.

Back