Days of Our Lives Monday Nov.24 2008

I don't want to see her lose the baby either. Is it me and years of watching soaps to possibly think Nicole will revert back to being Evil and is going to end up with Sami's baby. Think about it...evil Nicole can't tell EJ she lost the baby because she might lose him. Sami is going to a convent and will have her baby there. Somehow Nicole ends up at same convent looking for a baby to adopt and takes Sami's.

I'd rather see her loose the baby than to actually raise the baby herself. Thus far she has only used this baby as a ploy, not something that she cares about or really wants in her life (unless it can get her EJ, and whatever else she might want). As soon as she has a miscarriage she is looking for ways to get another baby and pretend to still be pregnant. She wants EJ not a child. I don't get it, EJ doesn't want her and she knows it, seems like she'd rather be with someone that actually wants her. I'm over this entire thing, Nicole deserves a better storyline, but hey maybe this will get better soon.

Nicole has wanted this baby from the getgo...and so much, she was willing to not tell EJ and go it alone with having it. She has been thrilled that she has been able to get pregnant after being told it was impossible. She obviously is having problems and yet her doctor continually tells her all is well, not a thing to worry about.

I don't know why yet that she attempts this pregnancy pillow, she very obviously loves EJ.....Who knows what he says to her or what her reasons are, we are not privy to that YET.

I do not think for one minute that Nicole does not love this baby and is just using it as a ploy to keep EJ. I don't deny that Nicole is still a gold digger but she also wants happiness of a family with the man she loves. I think she knows it is second rate happiness contingent upon her having a baby with EJ but a girl can pretend can't she? It's sad though.:(

Nicloe seems to want this baby. When you see the show, you can see how upset and worried she is about the baby. I seems like when she is in preterm labor EJ is not even in her thoughts. The acting was amazing. It was so sad when she was calming down and showed Brady the locket that she had saying that it was the most important thing in the world to her. She got it to put the baby's picture in it when it is born. She then passes out. Her hand opens up and the locket just lies in her hand.

I don't doubt that there is a part of Nicole that actually would enjoy being a mom, it would be a nice chance for her to grow up and at least try to be responsibile. When she first found out she was pregnant she wasn't hardly thinking about anything other than will this get her EJ. I don't think she ever really debated whether or not she was going to tell EJ, she just wanted to wait for the right time so that he would just sweep her off her feet and into everlasting bliss because she's carrying his child. That didn't happen with Sami, so I don't see why she thought that was going to happen with her. I don't think Nicole is stupid, she realizes EJ doesn't have the feelings for her that he has for Sami. She knows when he runs off he really isn't where he says he's going to be at. She knows that he runs off after Sami, she knows where his priorities are. She thought that having a baby could change that, and well, she thought wrong. She used the baby in jail to try and get out, even pretended like she was going to loose it. She parades it in Stefano's face like she has nothing to be afraid of, like her child will be perfectly safe with him. She knows nothing about EJ, and from what she actually knows she should be afraid. She has already accused him of trying to steal the baby, and now EJ is back into the family business. I just don't get it. It is like an obsession. I can't recall a time when she has actually put the baby first and herself last. She used to say in the beginning that EJ didn't have to be there, she'd raise the baby on her own, but that was just manipulation to get him to do what she wanted. I mean, Sami isn't the most responsible and acts like a child most of the time, but at least she is trying to do right by her baby by keeping it away from Stefano. Until Nicole gets her smarts about her, she should not be raising any children.

You have made some good points about Nicole and at the risk of turning this into a Sami/Nicole comparison I think that Nicole is every bit as capable as Sami for motherhood. Without even delving into Sami's past mistakes with Will, let's look at the fact that Lucas had to give her only daughter a name. I, still being barren would allow someone else to name my miracle child when pigs fly. I wouldn't give it up for adoption which is what I think Sami will do and I wouldn't put one child at risk(near Stefano) to save another because I didn't have the mammories to tell the father when I first became pregnant. If she would have come clean immediately she would have never been at the scene of the crime which necessitated her placement into witness protection. Sami would have been better off trying to protect her children if she could be near both of them. Wasn't this the premise of why she married EJ in the first place to protect her family? I guess this is a bit unfair to Sami because we have her maternal track record to look back on whereas we don't have the same luxury with Nicole. We do have Nicole's gold digging past we can glean from but that doesn't necessarily deem her unfit to be a mother.

I don't doubt that there is a part of Nicole that actually would enjoy being a mom, it would be a nice chance for her to grow up and at least try to be responsibile. When she first found out she was pregnant she wasn't hardly thinking about anything other than will this get her EJ. I don't think she ever really debated whether or not she was going to tell EJ, she just wanted to wait for the right time so that he would just sweep her off her feet and into everlasting bliss because she's carrying his child.....
But that is NOT what happened. When Nicole learned she was pregnant, she was ecstatic inasmuch as she had been told she would never have children. And she was very much prepared and willing to have this child and raise it all alone. She loved EJ, but she wanted EJ to love her and want her for HER, and not because she was carrying his child. It was the only reason she did not tell him immediately, and it was John who convinced her to do otherwise.
And Nicole was seemingly right. EJ is all concern and caring, but keeps referring to her as "the mother of his child". She is in love with him, but has qualms about his feelings for her. It really is too sad how this storyline is going for her.

I agree with you Poirot. Nicole was very happy when she was told that she was going to have the baby. She told EJ about the baby because John was going to if she didn't. She even told EJ at that time that the cholce was up to him. If he wanted to be a part of the baby's life he could, but if not she would raise the child on her own. EJ seems to care for her only because she is having the baby. As shown when he said his child would not spend the night in jail.

Oh, my gosh, I just finished watching this episode. Nicole, words cannot describe what fabulous scenes these are. Ari gets a special Emmy from the Spectator for this show. Outstanding job.

Marlena needs to take a deep breath and be grateful.....she would have been dead as a doornail if it wasn't for John.

Laughed at jealous Lucas, but he looked so cute when he admitted it. Ha.
I have no idea what to think about Kate....and Daniel. Or the way Daniel is looking at Chloe. Or how Chelsea is now claiming that she & Nick were so very much in love. Huh???? When was that? (on her part). She is talking of him as her first love and how you never forget that, it is always a part of you (wanting to help Nick, visit him, etc. )

By the way, John Callahan debuts at Dr. Baker at the clinc....and I almost did not recognize him.

Eh, I'll just have to agree to disagree because I just don't see things that way. I don't doubt that Nicole DOES want the baby, I just think she isn't in the right mind to do what is right by the child. She might care in her own way, but it just isn't clicking that way in my mind.

In Sami's own way she is doing something right. As a woman, I believe, she has a right to raise the child on her own if she doesn't deem the father fit. Giving a child up for adoption doesn't mean that you do not love the child or that it isn't a heartbreaking choice for you to make. Sami is finally thinking of someone other than herself. Her fears for the future of Johnny are legit, and would she really want to add another helpless child into the mix when she can help it? I think as a mother you try to learn from your mistakes so that you do not repeat them again with your younger children. Sami doesn't owe anything to EJ. If he would get his act together once and for all, move out of daddy's house, cut all ties with the family business, and make the choice to be a good person and the best father he could be for his children I do not think Sami would be in the place she is in right now.

If Sami really had the best interest of her child at heart, she would have taken Johnny, Allie and herself, and the unborn child and gotten the heck out of Salem for good. She has many rich and influential family members and friends who could have helped her do that. The main reason she finally agreed to go into witness protection was to give her more time to decide whether or not to tell EJ about her condition. Sami is her usual childish, selfish and angry self.

If Sami really had the best interest of her child at heart, she would have taken Johnny, Allie and herself, and the unborn child and gotten the heck out of Salem for good. She has many rich and influential family members and friends who could have helped her do that. The main reason she finally agreed to go into witness protection was to give her more time to decide whether or not to tell EJ about her condition. Sami is her usual childish, selfish and angry self.

Those are both very good points, but 1)Sami couldn't possibly leave Salem, because what would the show do without her? 2)If not telling EJ about the baby is her biggest fault right now, I'd say that is a pretty good one. I think she is doing the right thing by taking the time to think this through. She's waiting for EJ to prove to her that he is going to get himself together. If he had proven that in the past she would've told him by now. That was something Nicole certainly didn't think through. I think it may had been different if EJ and Stefano weren't a package deal, and Stefano were still in a coma.

Sami couldn't possibly leave Salem, because what would the show do without her?... She's waiting for EJ to prove to her that he is going to get himself together. If he had proven that in the past she would've told him by now.

I could get along very well without Sami as many of us are suffering from TMS (too much Sami).

I don't see that Sami is waiting for EJ to prove anything to her. She has told him and shown him time and again that she doesn't want to be with him. Now, she's in another mess of her making and trying to hatch yet another plan. If she wanted EJ, she could have him. Unfortunately for Nicole, she loves him and is just going to get hurt again.

When in the world did Sami get a halo? She is not waiting for EJ to prove anything to her and she has never professed her love for him. Sami supplied drugs to her own step father as Stan not so very long ago so I think this puts her right into Nicole's league and come to think if it she wasn't even in this episode so why are we discussing it?

Roman told Sami that she couldn't tkae Johnny and Allie

I wasn't discussing any feelings that Sami may have romantically for EJ. Sami has stated several times that she doesn't want to tell EJ about the baby until she knows where exactly he stands in his life with his family and Nicole.

I don't know if I can watch, since I just had a baby myself... I've been so much more emotional these days. Thanks for the write-up, though!

I know exactly what you mean!! I had just had my son when the "Zack being run over" story was happening. VERY HARD TO WATCH!!

EJ got a court order keeping Sami from leaving the mansion with Johnny. Lucas and Chloe have Allie while Sami is gone.

Sami was refusing to enter the program until she realized it would be a way to hide her condition from everyone until she could figure out what to do. And as Rafe has pointed out, she still has not figured out what to do.

But insasmuch as Sami is not even in this episode, could we all return to talking about what DID occur on it, and perhaps put these thoughts about Sami into the Daily Days threads??? I think there is even a Sami thread there.

Wherever this resort is, sure is not far from Salem, (I think Nicole mentions it is outside Brookfield, which is a suburb or close by town to Salem - remember, Ava lived there, I believe).....Brady sure got there fast, thank goodness. And made all the right decisions.

Back