Days of Our Lives Monday Nov.3 2008

DJM

Reaction score
Philip is in bed lying next to Mel. He turns towards her and starts to kiss her. You hear him saying loving it. Philip wakes up and is in the hospital waiting room. Dr. Dan comes along and asks if he is ok.

Nick and Mel arrive at Maggie and Mickey’s place. Nick has Mel’s suitcase. Mel is thanking Nick for letting her stay there. Wants to know if his aunt and uncle will have a problem with her staying there. She would stay at the pub, but does not want to run into all the Brady's there. Nick says that they are away at a green convention and it will just be the two of them.

Nicole is pacing in the police station upset that EJ left her there. Hope and Bo come in with an orange jumpsuit. Nicole asks what it is and is told that it is her new wardrobe.

At the safe house Rafe is with Sami. He can’t believe it, but he is the new replacement as body guard for Sami. Sami has a smile when he tells her. Rafe tells Sami that he works for the Feds and not her Dad. He is on the phone trying to get out of babysitting. Calling Sami a spoiled brat. Sami is eating while listening to him on the phone.

Back at the station Nicole is upset. Saying it is a travesty of justice. She is upset about the large jumpsuit. Hope points out that she will grow into it. Nicole says they have very flimsy evidence. Bo is about to go over the case with her when EJ comes into the room. Nicole wants to know where the hell he has been. He got a court order for a bail hearing. Gives the paper to Bo and asks for a moment with his client alone. Bo and Hope leave the room. Nicole is very happy and wants to know if she can have her own clothes back. EJ tells her to hold on for a minute that he needs to ask her something. He then asks her if she did it. Nicole gives him a look and he says he wants her to tell him as the father of her child did she do it. Before Nicole can answer Bo and Hope return and say that it is time for the bail hearing. EJ asks for a few more minutes. Bo says ok you can wait for the next bail hearing in the morning. Nicole says no and they leave for the courtroom.

Back at the hospital. Philip asks Dan if there is a problem. Dan replies that is what he asked him. Philip says that he fell asleep and had a nightmare. That his mother is sick and he is not in the best frame of mind. Wants to know if he can go in and see Kate. Dan says she may be asleep, but if not he is sure she would like to see him. Philip goes into the room and Kate is on the bed asleep. She wakes up when he goes near the bed. She is surprised that he came back. He explains that it is late and the office is closed. They talk about when Philip was young and how he has grown up. He would like to go back to being a kid again where he thought that his mom was indestructible. Kate says she thought she was too, but now knows that is not true. They have a very touching conversation about the fact that she might die.

At Maggie’s Mel is telling Nick how great he has been to her. She knows it is not because of the kiss. That he is her only friend since Max turned his back on her. She does not want to let emotions get in the way and that they should just stay friend nothing more then that. No romance or sex. Nick agrees. Chelsea comes in saying Hello. She sees Mel and asks what are you doing here. Mel is happy to let her know that she lives there. Chelsea thinks that it is a joke. She is informed that it is not a joke. Mel and Nick call her out about not knocking before coming into the house. Nick inquires about why she came. She said she had come to tell him something about her grandmother. Thought they could talk. She is about to leave when Mel points out that she has the mail. Chelsea gives the mail to Nick she had seen it in the box so brought it with her. She is walking out the door as Nick is opening the letter. He starts to read it seems happy and says oh my god no way. Chelsea turns around when she hears this.

At the safe house. Rafe asks that they call the office again and hangs up the phone. Sami says if he really does not want to work with her he can quit and become something else. Rafe says he just wants to get the job over with. Sami says looks like you are stuck with me. Rafe replies no princess you are stuck with me.

EJ and Nicole are in the court room. Nicole is upset about being pulled though the mud. And finds it upsetting to be seen in public with the jumpsuit. EJ points out that this is about saving her life. Nicole says she knows he wants answers about Trent. And she wants to tell him. EJ warns her that now is not the time they will talk about it when they get back to the mansion in about an hour. He has it all arranged.
At the hospital Philip leaves and Dan comes in to see Kate. She wants to know how the treatment is going. Dan says it is too early to tell. She wants him to tell her anyway. Dan informs her that she seems to be responding to the treatment, but they will have to keep a close eye on her as they gave her a very large dose of chemo. She jokes that the cure will kill her. Dan tells her not to say things like that. Dan is giving Kate encouragement. She thanks Dan for all that he is doing for her. Philip is at the door listening.

Nick is excited because the alternate fuel project that he was working on with Trent got the attention of a major funding group. They may be looking at big money soon. Mel is super excited about the news. Chelsea is just watching from the door. Mel wants to celebrate. Nick wants to slow down a bit. Because it all started with Trent. Mel asks Chelsea to leave and she does. Chelsea listens at the door. Mel points out that half the money is hers. She also says that may be one day they can be more then friends.
Judge Fitzpatrick is the judge assigned to the bail hearing. The two lawyers introduce themselves. EJ pleads not guilty and asks that Nicole be allowed to go home as she is pregnant and it would be better for the health of the baby. The DA asks that Bo be allowed to say something. This is not usual. The judge asks Bo if he has something to say Bo says yes.

At the safe house Sami is looking at mug shots. None are the killer. After one book Sami is glad that it is over and she wants to go to bed. Rafe minds and brings a very large box. Saying there a more where this one came from and that they would be there all night. (The look on Sami’s face was priceless.)

At the bail hearing Bo tells the judge all the evidence that they have in the case. Points out that Nicole has tried to kill two other people before. Nicole tells EJ that the Judge was to be his friend. EJ objects and the Judge gets after him. The Judge announces that she listened to all that was said and that bail is denied. Nicole is to be taken to the jail. EJ holds her as she cries.

Sami is asking to be allowed to stop. Rafe is asking that she continue. Sami is fed up. Rafe sees that she is about to be sick to her stomach. He knows that something is up.

Philip sees Dan when he comes out of the room. Says he knows that Dan is a big part of giving Kate hope. Says that whatever happens after he will stay out of, but asks Dan to do whatever he has to do to make Kate well.

Mel is coming on to Nick. Chelsea comes in and stops them. She wants a minute alone with Nick. Nick is upset that Chelsea was at the door spying. Chelsea tells Nick he is a fool. She points out that Mel only cares about the money. Nick tell her to get out Mel agrees and Chelsea leaves. Mel points out that Chelsea is not happy. Nick says he does not care at this point.

Rafe asks Sami what is up with her. She says that she is tired. He says she looks better and wants to get back to work. Sami says she is too tired and will look at all the pictures in the morning. Rafe says ok he is going to get ready for bed and then they will go over the rules for the night. Sami is starting to make a call on his cell phone. He sees her. Sami gives him the phone saying that she was checking the cell service provider. Sami is going to go out to a pay phone to call her Dad to get rid of Rafe.

Hope and Bo return to the station. Hope is happy with how Bo did in court. Bo says he should be happy, but is not sure that Nicole is guilty. Hope tells him that he will get to the bottom of it that he always finds the truth.

Nicole is in Jail and EJ comes to see her. She is angry at EJ because the bail thing was to be a done deal. EJ says it was. The Judge was not to let Bo shoot off his mouth like that. EJ tells her to calm down that he is not going to allow his child to stay there. Nicole says that his child and her are a package deal right now.

Mel and Nick talk a bit more about the grant money. Mel is tried and going to go to bed. Nick offers to show her where the bedroom is. She assures him that she knows where it is. After she leaves Nick sees her purse and goes to put it away. He finds the paper that says I saw you at the cemetery. I know what happened.

Dr. Dan goes back to see Kate. Tells her all the reasons that she has to live.

Rafe finds Sami trying to get out of the safe house and stops her.

EJ has to go. Nicole asks for him to help her. He says that she has to give him something to work with. She is upset that he does not believe her. He tries to calm her down. Tells her to get some rest and think about what a good mother that she is going to be. That he will see her in the morning. EJ leaves and Nicole is alone in the cell. She is starting to have cramps and pain. She tells the baby that it is ok. Then worries what if it is not ok and she is stuck in jail.

Chelsea runs into Philip and asks for help to get Nick away from Mel.
The show ends off with Nick looking at the note and thinking.
Hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks for typing this up after work and being busy with your test. :clap:

I sure hope Nicole gets medical help while in jail. If she loses this baby because of Bo and Hope and is innocent I think there is going to be H E Double Hockey Sticks to pay!

I hope Rafe keeps Sami hopping! She needs a man like that to be three steps ahead of her and keep her in line.

Poor Chelsea left in the dust again! LOL Boy, Melanie is such a money grubber! Nick, well his chain broke (the one that pulls his head out of his....:rolleyes:).

OHHHHH NOOOOOOO! Please don't tell me that Philip is going to daydream and fall for Melanie. :(

It is nice that they are showing a nice side to Kate for a change.

I could not bear Phil dreaming about Melanie. He rightly called it a nightmare, and I certainly agree. LOL
Sami just never learns a lesson. Once again she was willing to compromise her situation, put herself in danger, how stupid is she, anyway? She is going to go out to a payphone to call Daddy??? Sheesh! She is such a conniver.
By the way........Shirtless Rafe alert! LOLOL

So Nick looks at the note, remembers how he wrote it himself.
Nicole is a survivor, she undoubtably is hatching a plan in her fertile little brain. Ha.
I just was very surprised at first.....Judge Fitzpatrick, who EJ convinced to take the bail hearing so Nicole could get out.....and then she reneged???
And then at Bo, who spouts this clearly flimsy "evidence" against Nicole in court so that Nickki gets no bail, then when he succeeds, is "not too sure" she is guilty. sigghhhh.

And I agree about the scenes with Philip & Kate. Very moving. But Philip.....such a goodlooking guy and good actor, but the hair hanging in his face is a definite turnoff. Can someone at Days do something about that.

nawwwwww Let her hair grow until she resembles Cousin It. Maybe it will muffle her voice! :D

Thanks for typing this up after work and being busy with your test. :clap:

I sure hope Nicole gets medical help while in jail. If she loses this baby because of Bo and Hope and is innocent I think there is going to be H E Double Hockey Sticks to pay!

Nicole has been having cramps remember and has refused herself to go back and get checked out. If something happens at this early it would most likely have been a nonviable pregnancy from the begining. Hopefully she will quit being stubborn and go see a doctor this time.

I could not bear Phil dreaming about Melanie. He rightly called it a nightmare, and I certainly agree. LOL

I just read the first two lines of the write-up and my eyes started burning and tearing up. I had to stop reading. Please tell me that Philip is not fantasizing about Melanie. Blech. Please don't let them have a fling. He is 31 years old in real life. He's a man and she's a baby. That would be worse than Daniel and Chelsea in my opinion. Speaking of ages, I believe Stephanie Johnson was born 5 years before Philip Kiriakis, but through the magic of SORASing, she is younger than he. OK, my eyes have cleared up. I'm going to read the rest of the summary now.

Thanks DJM!

@TB..........You reminded me of Melanie's most irritating habit of reaching up with her right hand and touching the side of her forehead under her hair. It was driving me up a wall in this episode in particular.

There is an actress on GL who cannot keep her hands out of her hair, too. I don't know why they don't just put in a clip, or tie it in the back or something. :duh:

***Passing a box of tissues to kpatch***

Much appreciated NH! I'll just chalk up Philip's fantasy to the fact that he's really really lonely these days and his go-to girl (Chloe) is unavailable. I would rather see him hook up with a "professional" than hook up with Melanie.

He is looking at the note and thinking...

It could mean he remembers writing it or maybe he is thinking about what Melanie could have done and it triggered a memory. I think it's hard to tell.

DJM, what a great write up and thank you for taking the time to do it even though you had to work last night. You all on here are awsome and as I've said before, "This site ROCKS!" You're all such sweet and nice people and I enjoy reading everyone's comments as much as I do the summaries! Hope you all had a Happy Halloween! My daughter was born on Halloween & she turned 5 yesterday.

Man, I can't wait to see this episode Monday night! If Rafe is Luis from Passions, I'm going to put toothpicks in to hold my eyelids open!!!! :) He's so nice looking with a gorgeous smile. :wink: His eyes just sparkle.......Ok, slap me back to reality!!!!

You know Kpatch, I thought the same thing as I read that line. Oh no, don't tell me he gave in and (well you all know) with her. I was relieved it was a dream. I sure hope that's not a sign it will happen though.

I sure wish Maggie & Mickey would come home early from the Green Convention!! Mel is really starting to get on my last nerve. I honestly don't think Nicole killed Trent or even tried this time, my mind keeps saying it was Mel, but I'm not totally sure. I'd kind of like to know what's in the box Trent left for Max, wouldn't anyone else?

I do agree with you all about the hearing with Nicole and the Judge and her letting Bo speak and then him saying after it was over he really doesn't think she's guilty.........Hmmmm, you think? Yes, they have the sequence that fell off her dress and her torn up marriage license, but that doesn't mean she did it.

Well, you all have a great evening and I'll be seeing or reading again on Monday!!!!!

I'm confused, Is Nick writing the notes to Mel??

He is looking at the note. You see him writing it in the same way. I was not sure if he was coping it or remembering writing it. He is then standing up with the note looking at it. I was confused watching it.

Thank you. DJM, for the writeup. :clap:

I think Nick killed Trent, but didn't murder him. He killed him to save Melanie's life. What would you call that? It's not self defense; maybe it's manslaughter or something like that.

Hey! This is just my theory.

Back