Days of Our Lives Monday Sept 15th

Monday in the USA, another Days without John

And, this is another hokey sequence done in black and white. I HATE black and white as I was forced to watch all TV in black in white through 1972 because my mother was a cheap skate that didn't want to purchase a color TV.

While I do love my mother dearly, she could pinch a penny so hard that it make Lincoln cry. :rotfl:

Oops. I put this in the wrong section. I do apologize for this.

And, this is another hokey sequence done in black and white. I HATE black and white as I was forced to watch all TV in black in white through 1972 because my mother was a cheap skate that didn't want to purchase a color TV.

While I do love my mother dearly, she could pinch a penny so hard that it make Lincoln cry. :rotfl:

Oops. I put this in the wrong section. I do apologize for this.

It is the same as the one we saw during the olympics.

LOL, as to the black & white. We had black & white until maybe 1970, & finally got a color set. And 3 years later moved up here, where the reception was really terrible, and so color would not come thru, and we were back to watching black & white most of the time again for several years. We finally put a 12 ft. pole on our roof, and the antenna atop that, and got color again.

I enjoyed the film noir on Days, and actually also enjoy some old black & white movies. (they would be ruined if in color.) Casablanca or Notorious or Gaslight, just would not be as affective if in color.

LOL, as to the black & white. We had black & white until maybe 1970, & finally got a color set. And 3 years later moved up here, where the reception was really terrible, and so color would not come thru, and we were back to watching black & white most of the time again for several years. We finally put a 12 ft. pole on our roof, and the antenna atop that, and got color again.

I enjoyed the film noir on Days, and actually also enjoy some old black & white movies. (they would be ruined if in color.) Casablanca or Notorious or Gaslight, just would not be as affective if in color.

I'm a big b & w movie buff too. I really enjoyed the part of Days noir I was able to see on Soapnet and am kinda looking forward to seeing it again.

Thanks for the great write up DJM!!

I remember watching Black and White TV when I was young. I stayed with my Aunt and Uncle and they had color TV with no one to have to agree with what to watch. I did not want to return home after the 3 weeks. We got a color TV in 75 at the end of the strike at Pratt. Dad was in mangement and put lots of extra hours in over the two years of the strike. We used the extra money to buy the TV. Dad would be on the phone alot working on problems at work so for the first 6 months of having it we had to turn it off alot

I watched the Monday show and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, it is mostly the film noir episodes, which have been edited down to fit inside this one. I gotta say Philip just looked tooo sexy for words as Nicole told him the tale of her fantasy.
Also, the first shot of Lucas in the tank t-shirt - great muscles, and his tattoos were covered up. EJ looked fabulous in the white suit.....so.......Panama or Rick from Casablanca. I must admit, the smoking is sure realistic, egads. There is one scene where Philip really inhales and blows out a lot of smoke.

Also, in re: Tuesday previews.....Sami is ranting at how Lucas has behaved in a completely irresponsible manner.....when Marlena interupts with a "stop it, you sound like a spoiled brat". Roman is there, too.

Nicole is asking EJ if he realizes Sami has blackmailed nearly everyone they know
and Stefano is telling Anna that "if Antony has betrayed me, he will pay. "

I HATE black and white.

I wouldn't say I HATE it, but I don't care very much for it.

My wife likes to watch old black and white movies, but I don't. It's true, though, that some would be less effective in color.

This show was a complete waste of time! An hour of my life gone...When will these Days writers stop doing so many stupid flashbacks and nonsense stories!?!?

My husband won't watch black and white things either. Must be mostly women who like them. I liked the Days thing a lot the first time around but do not care to watch anything I've already seen, unless it's been about 20 years. I don't ff often but probably will today. Guess that means I'll have to ff almost the whole show. :(

Actually, the film noir episodes went for two days.......and this is just one. So it has been edited down. I think it is interesting to see this Readers Digest Condensed version.

I thought the writing was quite clever in terms of staying within the period. I loved how they sprinkled old-timey phrases throughout, such as "pull the wool over my eyes," "no bed of roses," "monkey business," "music to my ears," etc.

Clever, yes. But not clever enough to run basically the same episode twice. You'd think the writers were on strike again. I wonder why they did that.

I still think it was an episode hastily put together around the time they let Ed Scott go. Just a week later, Days went on hiatus as far as filming new shows and I am betting this was the first one after they resumed filming. Man, I hate not getting the filming dates any more. LOL

Back