Days of Our Lives - Thu., Aug 25, 2016

Thanks, Jason.

Not the best day for Ciara. She got rejected by Chad and was sad. Then she found Theo and
Claire kissing. I wonder if Ciara will go to college or find another nanny job since she won't
be taking care of Thomas now.

They need to start teaching everyone in Salem how to close and lock doors It should be
a requirement to graduate high school :)

So what's going to happen next in the Thomas custody case? Will Jennifer still try to take
Thomas after she fell off the wagon? Will Chad let her?

How long will Belle stay in the mansion? Will she stay until a new nanny is found? Ioved
the fake phone call.

During the Claire/Theo scenes, I kept waiting for her landlords to walk in. But that's not allowed. Interesting that Marlena keeps soda in the house lol.

LOVED Belle today!! This is how you write a multi-faceted character without annoying the audience. More please. And please give her a later in life baby or two. She and Shawn never got to experience pregnancy together. I want to see that. Also, please give her a new purse. She has been carrying the same purse since November.

Great scenes with Jen, Kayla, Belle and then Julie. But Jen did NOT look like someone who just passed out from drugs and alcohol a couple hours ago. And they writing Kayla the same way they did back when she was recurring a year ago. She is on contract. Use her properly!!!

Loved that they recognized Belle is a member of the family. Kayla is technically divorced as well so they have a similar relationship to Jen. Except Jen and Kayla are friends too.

Where were Hope and Lucas? No way I believe they wouldn't be at Jen's.

Claire and Theo were very awkward but I also think they we supposed to be. I could get behind them. Too bad I think Theo will hurt Claire and Ciara will hurt Theo. The only thing I liked about Ciara today was her looking for Hope. But I was annoyed she didn't call her brother. There is always a missing beat on this show and Shawn is it. If his daughter and sister are going to fight over a guy, he needs to be in the middle of it.

And Claire reminded me so much of teenage Belle today.

Ciara: no words for how pathetic she came off but my hope is that this is supposed to move her forward. Even though Abby is her cousin, this is still a somewhat realistic scenario and it was well written.

Today's shows as written by Tyler Topits. He has done a good job so far in his handful of episodes.

Last edited:
Chad looked like he was trying not to smile when Ciara was declaring her love for him.

Seemed like Jen may decline to enter the meeting.

What is Belle's relation to Chad?

I mean she's a nice and attractive young lady the way she seems to have to beg for a guy's attention is ridiculous and insulting and wouldn't happen. There is NO reason for her to play second fiddle to Ciara the way she does.
I agree. I was looking forward to Claire/Chase, but obviously that was a no-go; and then to Theo/Claire, and all he did was talk about Ciara. I didn't mind her explaining what to do on a date (after all, kids don't watch hygiene films in health class anymore, and Theo skipped middle school anyway) but I'm just not feeling them. She needs a romantic interest of her own and not one of her aunt's hand-me-downs.
As for Chad, he ought to straighten up and fly right, and hire blunt-spoken Nanny Megan ASAP.
Oh, I would love this! Or British Nanny Emma!
elle has shown herself to be caring, loving, reliable, competent, and probably a few more adjectives.
It was a big mistake bringing Belle, Shawn-D, and Claire back, and then wasting them on the back-burner in favour of Ciara, Hope, Rafe, and Stefano's death. This seems to be on the mend, let's hope it sticks. Belle is the child of one of daytime's all-time most popular couples, and should be front-burner for a long time.
I also can't help but wonder if Chad and Belle will becoming a thing.
Ugh, let's hope not. Remember the flirtation with same at the end of last year, when Chad was mildly brainwashed by André? That was stomach-churning. Belle and Chad should NOT be a thing - stop wondering. :)

This episode was downright painful to watch! I can't believe I stayed with the whole thing. It would have been all right without all the teen angst. I can only take very small doses of that, and today it was a very big dose! I do think the writing for Theo as a highly functioning young man with autism is realistic. He is very intelligent but doesn't readily perceive the nuances in new situations. I also think the actor does a fine job in the role.

I enjoyed Chad talking with his baby boy. I like the actor and the character with just about anybody else he interacts with. Also am enjoying Belle, for the first time in a long time. Julie and Kayla were good to watch too.

I really liked all the bright colors the ladies were wearing! It almost made me feel like Christmas was here. A refreshing thought in these hot summer days in Texas.

I agree that Belle has become much more enjoyable lately. Today, her scenes were really very good, both with Chad and Jennifer. I liked the way she tricked Chad into thinking she was calling Social Services to wake Chad up into realizing he needs to care for Thomas even in his grief. Belle was right into mentioning that Jennifer is definitely in no shape to take care of that baby.

Speaking of Jennifer, she really annoyed me today when she wanted Belle to keep quiet about her relapse as it would hurt her chances in gaining custody of Thomas. Jennifer may be grief stricken about Abby, but she should realize that if she really loves Thomas, then it is not in his best interest for her to take him away from his dad at this time (or really at any time unless Chad becomes incapable or incompetent to care for him) and raise him in her condition.

I did like Julie taking Jennifer to the AA meeting at the hospital later in the episode, and it looks like Jennifer will still be needing help with her addiction. It was unrealistic for her to be over her addiction after that one night with Jack and Lucas helping her a couple of months ago and I am glad that the show finally is showing that she is still having problems with it.

Ciara did get a good setdown by Chad today. I am glad he let her go as Thomas' nanny as she overstepped herself and he rightfully put an end to it. He should hire a more competent nanny for Thomas, (but not Nanny Emma as I am still suspicious that she was involved in Tate's kidnapping and we have not seen or heard from her since he was taken).

As I mentioned above, I actually like the friendship between him and Belle and hope it continues as a platonic relationship because I like her with Shawn and want Chad back with Abby if she returns and the show seems to have a problem with men and women being friends with no romance. One thing I always liked about 80s Hope is that she was great friends with Steve and Shane with no romantic involvement with either of them.

The teens were painful to watch today. Ciara was certainly having a bad day. After her encounter with Chad, she found Claire and Theo making out. While I like Claire and Theo individually, there is really no spark between the two of them. I also don't like it that Claire seems to fall for the guys that prefer Ciara, first Chase and now Theo. Can they bring someone on the cast that prefers Claire over her aunt? Theo obviously still is not over Ciara. While I would prefer him to move on as well because I did not like the way Ciara dumped him, I don't think pairing him with Claire is the answer.

Can Ciara be any whinier!? I cannot believe she was actually trying to get Chad to admit that he loves her! She seems like a child. I thought maybe the actress was too young but she is 21. Doesn't seem like it. But so whiny. Even when she got home she whined, mom where are you, I need to talk. ugh.

And Jennifer was so out of line with Belle!!! If Belle wanted to bury her she would've brought Chad to the hotel room. Belle loves her and is looking out for her! When Jen yelled, I could lose everything! Well, whose fault is that??!!!

Jason, I totally forgot about Chad & Belle last year! Goes to show you how exciting the soap was in 2015.

Jen67, I agree that Belle is a far better character recently than she once was. I used to worry that she was becoming Sami 2.0--now that seems reserved for bratty Ciara.

Days, I think the show was trying to turn Belle into Sami when she first returned. The show seems to think that they need to replace the Sami character now that Alison Sweeney (Sami) has left the show. They tried it first with Will and then Belle. Neither attempt was successful. Now, it seems they are going to go that route with Ciara.

Back