Days of Our Lives - Thu., Dec. 1, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Salem Inn, Adrienne is passed out. Lucas has checked her pulse, but can't figure out what's wrong with her. Sonny is calling an ambulance. Adrienne comes to and says, "It's not time."

At the Johnson house, Kayla and Steve are cuddling and they talk about Adrienne's choice. Sonny calls them to alert Adrienne's collapse, and they zip off.

At the cop shop, JJ is behind on his paperwork (Lieutenant Raines has been yelling at him, we are told). He doesn't need this tonight; flashes back to his convo with Abby about Chad/Gabi. He finishes and calls her, saying they can meet up and see the Christmas lights in the park.

In the Private area, Gabi and Chad and their respective kids have enjoyed holiday lights (in the square/shops). (We actually see Arianna, for the record.) Ari's zipper is stuck in her scarf; Chad comes in to help, close to Gabi. They are close for a moment, he fixes the zipper. She stammers a thank you, he scoots off to change Thomas. Later, he's back, they are making plans to see the lights again later, more stores will probably have displays. JJ arrives; they kiss as Chad watches. JJ has a surprise for Gabi, gives her a letter to open later. Gabi has to drop Arianna at Sonny's, then will meet up with him. JJ leaves, says bye to Chad, who then wistfully looks at Gabi as she watches JJ leave.

At the Horton house, Abby is looking at photos, lamenting the time she's lost with Thomas. Jen gives her her tablet, which has lots of photos in chronological order. As Abigail looks at them, the doorbell rings. Abby goes to hide; it's Laura. Abby does not hide herself and she and Laura hug. Jennifer is furious, "You knew Abigail was alive? You knew!?" Laura tries to explain, Jennifer is mad that this was kept from her. Later, Abby is lamenting to Laura that she caused Jennifer pain; Laura takes all the blame for that, knows Jennifer will forgive her. There's a few rounds of this; Abby is grateful for what Laura & André did for her.

In Adrienne's hospital room, Adrienne blames stress and not having anything to eat/drink since this whole thing started. Kayla asks when Adrienne's last mammogram was; Adrienne says she's followed all instructions and screenings and denies this has anything to do with cancer. Kayla's still going to check.

In the lobby, Sonny laments his decision to imprison his mother in a hotel room as he, Steve, Justin, and Lucas wait results. They talk about Adrienne's stress, Steve says Adrienne is doing too much. Kayla will allow the boys in one at a time, Steve goes first. Sonny will be second.

With Steve, Adrienne talks about all the things she's been doing, joking that she's not been eating right because of her wedding, but Steve is serious. Sonny joins, apologises. Back in the lobby, Lucas is sure Adrienne will be OK. Justin talks about how Adrienne built a home for 5 men and kept them in line. Lucas jabs him about screwing it up. Sonny appears, Adrienne wants to see one of them. (Doesn't say whom.) The next scene is Justin entering Adrienne's room.

Lucas is pouring coffee in the lobby; Sonny apologises that Adrienne didn't ask to see him first. Lucas is OK, it's Adrienne's choice. Lucas tells him that Adrienne will be okay and absolves Sonny of guilt. In the room, Adrienne tells Justin that he looks worse than she feels. Justin feels bad for causing this by crashing her wedding; she says he was just acting on his heart. Adrienne sounds like she's about to lower the boom, says marriage isn't about the big gestures, but the day-to-day things, when a nurse enters and evicts Justin so she can check on Adrienne. (What has it been, 5 minutes?)

At the DiMansion, Gabi has put Thomas down, he was fussing. Gabi is about to leave, gets a text about Sonny's absence. Chad offers to watch Ari, go be with JJ.

At the Horton house, Jennifer comes into the living room where Laura is waiting. Why no phone call? wonders Jen; Laura said Abby's very existence depended on her secret. The love that JJ/Jennifer/Chad/etc felt for her put such stress on Abby, the expectations Abby felt the family had. Laura did not help fake Abby's death, and never discussed that with Abby. Laura asks Jennifer to let it slide; Abby was in a terrible place. Jennifer appears to forgive Laura, wants Abby to open up. Laura says it needs to be on Abby's timetable; don't push her or she could spin out of control.

In the attic, Abby is looking at the pictures of Thomas on Jennifer's tablet sadly. Jennifer comes up, reports that she understands what Laura did and why. Jennifer is going to support whatever Abby wants. Abby will "think long and hard about staying...maybe...and come out of hiding. Maybe."

Back at the hospital, Lucas is in Adrienne's room. He's mad that Justin partially caused this. Lucas offers to step back if that's what Adrienne wants. Adrienne tells him he makes her feel safe, happy, and loved. She loves her life when they're together. The weight is lifted, he feels wonderful - let's go back to the way things were, take it slow. They kiss; Kayla enters, says stop spreading germs (LOL). She offers to come back later, Lucas steps out. Kayla scolds her for missing her last mammogram/screening (should have been 2 months ago, last check was 8 mos ago). Adrienne shoots back, she's tired of her choices being questioned. She needs a shower and wants to go home. Kayla says let me take care of you; they have to wait for the bloodwork.

In the lobby, Steve and Justin talk about the Kiriakis piece, and Justin being the lawyer for Deimos. Justin has no illusions about what this means; Steve says if Adrienne chooses [Justin], don't drag her into that world.

In Kayla's office, she is checking on the bloodwork (via Phone). It's in the computer; she looks it up, asks them to run it again. In the lobby, Justin and Lucas get into an argument after Lucas asks Sonny to get Adrienne's some clothes and Justin decides Adrienne must stay here. Sonny gets in the middle, trying to calm them.

Back up in the Horton attic, JJ tells Abby that mom's walking on clouds, he's going to meet Gabi. JJ tells her that Gabi is with him (JJ), and she and Chad are just friends. At the DiMansion, Chad wishes Gabi a great night. Gabi leaves (Chad says "Be good to her JJ"), but checks the card in the foyer (it says "Salem Inn"). She grabs a rose from a bouquet by the door.

Last edited:
Steve says if he chooses Adrienne, don't drag her into that world.
I didn't know the "THE CHOICE" was up to Justin. Am I missing something?

Adrienne told Lucas, "let's go back to the way things were, take it slow."
If she loves and wants Lucas, why doesn't she marry him today instead of starting over? This is so ridiculous. I can just see Lucas getting the poopy end of the stick, yet again.

I didn't know the "THE CHOICE" was up to Justin. Am I missing something?

If she loves and wants Lucas, why doesn't she marry him today instead of starting over? This is so ridiculous. I can just see Lucas getting the poopy end of the stick, yet again.

The choice was up to Adrienne not Justin. Depending on what type of device you use, this site does a lot of automatic spell checking. It does it all the time on my iPad. Easy slip when one is graciously writing a long summary. Let's give Jason the benefit of the doubt here.

Lucas is the one who suggested they start over, not Adrienne. He pretty much hushed her with a kiss when she was talking about her decision.

I thought the Justin/Adrienne/Lucas stuff was ok but it did seem like it was edited. Why wouldn't they show the conversations she had with both men? It seemed a bit too quick for me. This is what we should have seen instead of multiple days in the hotel room.

I think all the breast cancer anvils were there today with all of Kayla's talk about mammograms and bloodwork. Plus all the recent talk about Jo. I do wonder if Adrienne may be pregnant though hence the fainting spell. Could have just been dehydration too.

I did not like Justin shoving Sonny at the end. Keep your hands to yourself.

The Laura stuff was a bit underwhelming and disappointing. I wanted Jennifer to really go after her the way she did with Eve. She was angry but very contained. I honestly am not even seeing the point of involving Laura unless there is something else coming down the pipe. Andre could have easily used a day player for this. And we still have no explanation as to why these 3 are working together.

Jamie Lyn Bauer (Laura) looked like she was wearing her personal clothes today. I've never seen Laura in jeans before and nobody in Salem owns snow boots so...

The JJ/Gabi/Chad stuff would seem a lot more high stakes had we actually seen JJ and Gabi's relationship developing all this time. Instead, I simply don't care even though I want to.

Justin really was throwing his weight around, claiming Adrienne was going to stay overnight. Did not like the look on Kayla's face when she saw the blood work results on the computer, and asked the lab to run them again.

I also expected Jen to ream Laura out a bit more, but she did grab her things and take off, so guess she thought about it, about how Abby is so insistent on hiding, etc. and thus cooled off somewhat.

Abby is so ridiculous in her insistence that Chad has moved on with Gabi, as she really had only observed them from afar, has not heard any of their conversation. However, after that passionate kiss between Gabi & Chad, I don't understand why she is being anywhere near him if not in the confines of her job. What, is this going to be another Adrienne tale, undecided between 2 men. Ugh.

So let me get this straight. Adrienne didn't actually choose. But in a roundabout way she's still with Lucas?

Sounds to me like she's going to have cancer. Hopefully they caught it in time.

I still don't like Adrienne and Lucas together but oh well at least they were on for a minute.

The Abby storyline is ok. She should be doubting herself after a mental collapse like that. I just hope her reveal is good. Like in a room full of people where everyone can gasp with surprise! Too soapy?

Let's give Jason the benefit of the doubt here.
My comment was, in no way, a reflection on Jason. Since I don't follow the show as closely as some of you, I was confused and wondered if I had missed something. Hence the "Am I missing something?" question.

Abby is so ridiculous in her insistence that Chad has moved on with Gabi, as she really had only observed them from afar, has not heard any of their conversation. However, after that passionate kiss between Gabi & Chad, I don't understand why she is being anywhere near him if not in the confines of her job. What, is this going to be another Adrienne tale, undecided between 2 men. Ugh.

You would think that seeing her husband with another woman would be more motivation to reveal herself rather than continuing to hide.

It definitely seemed like they were setting up a triangle today with JJ/Gabi/Chad and I guess ultimately Abby/Chad/Gabi. Dena seems to like repeating the same story with different characters. We have the Adrienne triangle and also the teen triangle. Then on Tuesday we had Philip/Maggie scenes interspersed with Brady/Marlena scenes. Way to be creative.:rolleyes:

Thanks, Jason.

The way Lucas and Adrienne were talking I thought she picked him. Maybe that's who I
want her to pick. Will we find out this year who she picked since she might be sick? I hope so.

Nice to see Steve with his sister.

I'm glad JJ told Abby he had a date with Gabi. I hope Abby will decide to see Chad now.
Or will she still have doubts because of her illness.

I'm probably in the minority here but as a fan of Gabi and JJ today gave me a bit of hope. I got the feeling from the way Gabi kissed JJ and watched him leave the Square that despite the pull she feels towards Chad she really does things to work out with JJ. Of course is that scene felt awkward because Chad was watching *sigh*.

I admit a lot of the affection I feel for Gabi and JJ is held over from the potential I saw in the early days when they got some screen time. I admit it definitely was not a lot but at least we got some sweet scenes. And I still see that promise and I keep hoping they will build on that but they don't. But I'm not ready to give up yet.

But I'm conflicted because as much as I like the idea of Gabi and JJ and what I think they could be but on the other hand as rushed as Gabi and Chad may be in many ways, I do see legitimate chemistry between them. I enjoy their scenes together.

I guess what I'm saying is I definitely identify with Gabi's conflict. I want her to be with JJ but I understand her gravitating towards Chad.

The whole thing makes me wish Gabi was a real person so we could do each other's hair and figure this whole thing out over a pint of rocky road. LOL

The Laura stuff was a bit underwhelming and disappointing. I wanted Jennifer to really go after her the way she did with Eve. She was angry but very contained.
My thoughts exactly. Given that letting somebody think that their child is dead is so incredibly awful, Jenny was remarkably restrained. If the targets of past major Jenny rants had overheard her, they would have thought:, "Gosh, Laura got off really easy. What gives?" As for Abigail herself, at this point, many viewers might be pleased if she vanished into the attic indefinitely and took Jenny with her.

Over at the hospital the already contrived Lucas-Justin-Adrienne triangle became even more cliched when the would-be bride suffered a classic soap opera health crisis. The writers probably thought it would be dullsville if Adrienne waltzed off into domestic tranquility with the man of her choice, so they threw in a health scare to liven things up. What's next a coma?

I didn't know the "THE CHOICE" was up to Justin
My error. The choice is Adrienne's. (I mixed up two ideas here - My original draft says, "If Justin wins Adrienne" but that got clunky so I changed it to "If Adrienne chooses Justin" but the subject and objects got mixed up.) It is fixed in the summary.
The weight is lifted, he feels wonderful - let's go back to the way things were, take it slow.
Lucas is the one who suggested they start over, not Adrienne.
Sorry for the ambiguity here. Hopefully this is clear from the summary.
I think all the breast cancer anvils were there today with all of Kayla's talk about mammograms and bloodwork.
I'm hoping these are a red herring but we'll see. I'm not sure I like the other option this story could result in. LOL
The JJ/Gabi/Chad stuff would seem a lot more high stakes had we actually seen JJ and Gabi's relationship developing all this time. Instead, I simply don't care even though I want to.
Agreed. It would also be a lot more believable if Chad hadn't decided in the last week that he's "into" Gabi. It really feels like it came out of nowhere.
What, is this going to be another Adrienne tale, undecided between 2 men. Ugh.
Oh boy, I hope not! I hope we get a surprise.
The Laura stuff was a bit underwhelming and disappointing.
I somewhat agree. I liked that Jennifer didn't go off the rails over this. Abby is still not reasonable and I think Jennifer can see that. I like how this is moving quickly instead of having Jennifer mad at Laura for 3 Salem hours/10 viewing weeks. LOL (Also, I like that Laura was not involved in faking her death.)
So let me get this straight. Adrienne didn't actually choose.
I guess it depends on how you look at it. She didn't outright say, "I choose you, Lucas R Horton," but she clearly told Justin she was staying with Lucas (in a scene we didn't see/perhaps wasn't even filmed).
When Sonny said she wants to see one of you, and then Justin walked in I thought is this like the Bachelor and runner up first. Guess it was.
I liked the way they did this, although I'm not sure if this was intentionally filmed this way, or just edited this way. It's hard to tell with this show. And that was my thought too, even though I loathe those reality shows.

However, after that passionate kiss between Gabi & Chad, I don't understand why she is being anywhere near him if not in the confines of her job.

This is what confuses me about Chad and Gabi. I didn't think they were working together anymore. Gabi "quit" at the same time Chad "fired" her, lol.

I noticed JJ called Gabi from his desk at the SPD, then left his phone on the desk as he headed out the door. How can a Salemite forget a phone, lol!

I think what was confusing about the Justin/Adrienne stuff was the fact that we never saw the full Justin scene because the nurse interrupted. Then we saw her pick Lucas. Then we saw Steve and Justin talking as if she still had not made a decision. Then we saw the start of the fight. So did she reject Justin or not?

Since they got into a sort of shoving match later, Justin evidently thinks he is still in the running.....since Adrienne won't actually say the words to either guy. But it did seem she wants to be with Lucas.......However, am guessing her test results will have her stepping away from both. Just like Abby hiding in the attic.

I don't understand how anybody would want to be with someone who is having so much trouble deciding between two lovers. If half of your heart is with another person, I don't want the other half, Period.

It is frustrating to me that Chad and Gabi continue to spend all of their spare time together. This isn't complicated. If you two want to be together and make the decision it is what you want, then quit fooling around and call it what it is. If (since) you've decided it isn't what you want, then by all means, part on friendly terms, but PART. Not that you have to totally avoid each other but quit putting yourselves into daily, hourly, temptation. I repeat, this is not complicated. You cannot have it both ways!

Back