Days of Our Lives - Thu., Dec. 22, 2016

Shocking the absent and fan disliked Summer didn't get a ornament this year, given we are shown Melissa's and Sarah's.
Maybe, the Hortons had a family meeting and a psycho Summer ornament was blackballed.
I suspect Claire and Theo will get in trouble for planting the listening device. Isn't that illegal too?
Any trouble will probably be limited to a stern lecture from Abe. Past Salem illegal buggers never incurred any legal problems. Recall EJ and the previous Philip bugging Bo's house and Tricky Nicky listening in on Lucas-Will conversations.
I'm getting tired of all the younger characters having babies and by younger I mean the supposed 30 and under set. That might have worked 30 years ago but it's not realistic in this day and age. People are waiting longer and longer to get married and have kids,
Good point. Instead of turning Abigail into the crazy woman in the attic, a more realistic storyline would have been career woman Abigail being constantly pestered by Jenny about when she's going to get married and produce a Deveraux grandchild.
Days writers, this is 2016, mental illnesses, such as depression and panic attacks, are manageable and treatable. No need to act like this is 1940 and that mental illness is something you lock people up for having. This Abby storyline is really out of whack with current day. People are working really hard to bring awareness to mental health, what a step backwards! But, on the other hand,
Very good point. The whole crazy lady in the attic seems more like a plot to some 1940s black-and-white film starring the likes of William Powell and Myrna Loy.

Last edited:
Jack Patrick (JJ's original ornament, which was repainted to say Jack Jr.)
This is why I speculate the name/ornament might could maybe be changed at some point on Allie's.
People are waiting longer and longer to get married and have kids, if they do have kids.
Overall I agree with this. However, where I work the average age for kids is still around 22. I'm seeing a child who has a nephew who's 11 months younger. His mom (my kid's sister) is 21. Very common in this area. So, depending on how big Salem is supposed to be, this might not be much of a stretch.

I'm just overall tired of the lame plots used to produce pregnancies for cheap grist on soaps.
Jeannie Theresa never should have had a kid
I totally agree because that story was really dumb. But, she should also be older than she is if we apply any logic. EJ rules do not apply, LOL.
a more realistic storyline would have been career woman Abigail being constantly pestered by Jenny about when she's going to get married and produce a Deveraux grandchild.
I'd be there for that!

This is why I speculate the name/ornament might could maybe be changed at some point on Allie's.
I think Allie's ornament is too elaborate to try and paint over her name. JJ's was easy to just cover "Patrick" and replace with "JR". Plus, with her being named after two of the show's matriarchs, seems doubtful they'd change her ornament. In JJ's case, I think they wanted to erase the whole Patrick Lockhart connection.

The episode was OK. Like most of y'all said, I could do without the teen scene or Hope & Rafe. Blah!

I liked the Christmas gathering and Nicole/Chloe/Deimos/Brady. Very good scenes all around. I am surprised that Deimos was even on though--as some here mentioned, he didn't seem to have much of a role in the episode. I'd rather have seen more of Gabi's speech to the Abby monument. Strange as it was, I liked it, and do hope someday they can reconcile their friendship. I'm pleasantly surprised that Chad saw Abigail so soon.

Back