Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb 16, 2017

I'm glad most of the episode focus was on Steve and Kayla today. I would have preferred the entire episode be the wedding with all the attendee stories as secondary. I they deserve that at least.

I did think the wedding was low key. After they said the vows, the next scene felt like any other night at the club. Loved the added touch of them signing a marriage certificate.

Re: Hope's shoes. She posted a photo backstage months ago asking which one should she wear. I guess she couldn't decide lol.

The fight scenes at the end actually looked realistic.

It would have been nice if Carrie and Roman had discussed Eric and Sami at least. But glad Hope told Roman.

Still annoyed that Kim, Shawn and Belle weren't there. And Marlena had no lines today. She was in the background the entire episode. Even when Hope came in initially, she was the only person Hope didn't greet.

Someone should also inform Hope that Marlena and Kayla were also part of the search for Stefano.

I hope the show decides to find a good Stephanie recast in the very near future. Then bring back Philip or one of Sonny's brothers.

Last edited:
Yes, when the red-haired actress played her.

202fefd4bb3a9d592e4d6e3d1e2af2c4.jpg

Roman already KNEW Eric had been released from prison, and had promised him not to say anything. He did NOT know where Eric was. That is why Hope told him. She did NOT tell Roman where Eric was, though.

As to the shoes.....guess Hope had to have attention called to herself some way at the wedding. To tell the truth, did not notice it..guess I was so focused on Steve & Kayla. Admittedly, though, I noticed Roman's face while the couple recited vows. He was the only background person I noted. LOL

Roman knows where Eric is. Hope only told Roman that Eric was the good Samaritan who nursed her back to health. That's when he asked about Eric being sober and she assured him he was. Then she mentioned Eric not wanting anyone at his "home base", which Roman agreed with. Then Roman said he wished Eric would tell Marlena, as she should know, too.

Ok, done. Wedding was nice. I just wonder how long it will last? Steve is gonna crack over this Stefano secret. Hasn't he had to keep secrets before?

Ciara and pining over Theo is ridiculous. She only wants him when he doesn't want her. Enough already!

I didn't notice Hope's shoes either but I like your comment Poirot that she had to draw attention to herself.

Here's hoping there is no special report today.

Hopefully non-romantically; Stephanie's dated enough of her family members, LOL.

Can someone help me understand what exactly Sonny's plan was?

The way I understood it, Sonny's plan was to give Deimos such a stern talking to that he would not only immediately release Chad and Gabi but he would also promise to go forth and sin no more. Since this is Sonny we are talking about, this would have worked perfectly. :)

Since Deimos did not listen to Victor or Maggie about releasing Chad and Gabi, there is no way he was going to listen to Sonny.

When Hope thanked the guys for rescuing her, I was annoyed that she did not include Marlena and Kayla in helping to rescue her as well. Why does Dena Higley always write women as secondary or helpless damsels in distress?

It was a very nice wedding. No drama or incidents to break it up. That was a good thing for a rootable couple like Steve and Kayla. Save the drama for the forced couples that are not even romantic like Deimos and Nicole (hopefully they won't get that far).

I am so aggravated with Andre and Eduardo setting those goons on Sonny. I hate Deimos, but at least he did not physically assault Chad and Gabi before imprisoning them. There was no reason for the goons to beat up on Sonny and then Paul when he showed up before taking Sonny away,

Thanks for the summary. A beautifully-done episode. Loved the wedding. Would've been better if the teens weren't around or at least if they weren't acting so catty. I'm also glad that the hostage storyline is moving along, and that Valerie and Abe are getting some more screen time. Nicely done, writers, at least on this one.

Hopefully non-romantically; Stephanie's dated enough of her family members, LOL

Whoops my bad. Jetlag talking lol. So yes bring back Philip.

I don't think it's too much to assume that Stephanie is here short-term. Consider the build-up other characters got before their permanent returns. I think Heather is just speculating that this is short-term.

It was also pretty much said by Stephanie herself when she walked into the Pub and said she was back just for the wedding.

Back