Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 5, 2015

...So.....does Brady know Victor deals or sells or whatever it is he does with drugs? From the look they gave each other today when Abe said something about buying drugs, it sure looks like Brady knows. ...

I thought that for a moment too...but I think it's because of Brady's long, long, long history with drugs. (Like the later "lowlife drug addict" comment Victor apologised for.) As to Serena preferring women, right now all we can say is she prefers African elephants to our favourite sourpuss Priest. :wink:

Does the ban actually apply to lesbians too? Or just gay men? It would really suck if Paul somehow gets repercussions for donating blood just because of his sexuality because it's just not fair. He was only saving a life.

No, it does not apply to lesbians. I actually think it would be interesting if THIS were how Paul was outed, thus deflating Will's wonderful article. (Now of course, that would require someone purposefully or inadvertently violating HIPAA regulations, which in Salem would be a given.) This could add to Will's guilt over his adultery.

"Blood" metaphors throughout this episode.

The red wine Paul had on hand to celebrate with, which reached Will's lips just as his phone was silently ringing...
The fact that Maggie stopped the bleeding...and had Sonny's blood all over her jacket (Kiriakis blood stopped by the one who was last harmed by a tie to that family).
Paul being the only readily available donor...and the fact that he's called to do it right before the article 'outs' him...there is no way he'd be allowed if he's known to be gay. (Another regulation that rights groups are fighting to repeal, okay, a little PSA ish but I liked it).

If it wasn't intentional on the writers part, well then. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then, dontcha know. :clap:

Sorry JS- I fixed it right after I saw the error (removed texting symbols gibberish....JS)

sportzgirl916 said:
...she only wants his elephant.
For some reason, I found this comment hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. :)

After Serena's plot is uncovered, I can just picture Eric, the sourpuss, with his hang dog expression wandering around the square bemoaning, "She only wanted my elephant!"

:rotfl::rotfl:Thanks, KathyLu, I thought I was the only one who thought that was funny !

Anyway, back to the show :

I liked it. Really interesting. Except Serena and Eric, who should not have been on at all. Boring, stupid, all of Serena's explanations seemed so force, even dumb as a rock Eric should wake up and smell the conniver.

And, amazingly enough, I don't mind Adrienne and Lucas as much as I thought I would. In fact, it gives them a storyline. They are friends, they rely on each other, they have fun together, and if indeed Justin is too dumb to realize that he needs to pay attention to his wife, than too bad. In that sense, it's the same as Hope and Bo. Bo abandoned Hope, just as it appears Justin is abandoning Adrienne. I just hope that before anything sexual happens between Adrienne and Lucas, Adrienne and Justin get a divorce.

I think it's interesting that it's Paul giving blood to save Sonny. I don't know what will happen next, but I'm curious to find out.

So... good show overall. If only they were all like this one. No need for Paige, Eve, JJ, Jordan, Abigail and Ben. Really, no need.

While they wouldn't be the worst couple, it's just weird. Lucas was a teen when Adrienne was already married to Justin. And while Justin hasn't been around or in contact with her, they're still married. She has no real proof that he's cheated on her. So her and Lucas developing feelings and almost kissing today was wrong.

Oh, Jason, wow, a good show, glad you got one....I truly am puzzled as to whatever it was that was put on Sonny's back by the perp....or around/into the wound area. I just did not understand it. But when Abe said there were some white powder near the wound.....guess whoever said it was a message for Vic could be right. Sonny's personal items were taken in order to make it look like just a mugging.

Eric & Serena could not have been more boring if they were Paige & her mirror.

OMG, are Eric and Serena ever dull. In fact, they bring new meaning to the word. If the Green Mountain Inn wants to project a young, hip image, the people there should get down on their knees and thank God that Eric and Serena didn't show up. If they had, the place might soon be as short of customers as Club TBD. Imagine the remarks by possible customers: "Dear, let's not go to the Green Mountain Inn. I've heard that the dull, sourpuss ex-priest, Eric Brady, and that awful, weird woman who attacked Nicole Walker of Titan TV stay there."

[W]hy was Daniel laying around the house watching a movie??? Wouldn't the ONLY doctor in Salem be needed to save the lives of those injured and sucking down the blood supply???
Could it be that run-of-the-mill Salemites don't rate the services of the miracle surgeon, and that he only shows up when members of the in-crowd are in dire straits?? As for the Love Doctor's choice of movies, perhaps he fantasizes that he's Jason Bourne madly dashing about the world, making one impossible escape after another. Finally, it's not going to take the mighty Victor long to figure out why Sonny is attacked. Hopefully, there will be no truce as there was with the DiMeras, and the guys who are sent out to crush Clyde make sure that they finish the job.

I truly am puzzled as to whatever it was that was put on Sonny's back by the perp....or around/into the wound area. I just did not understand it. But when Abe said there were some white powder near the wound.....guess whoever said it was a message for Vic could be right. Sonny's personal items were taken in order to make it look like just a mugging.
I thought they said it was cocaine and that it was at the entrance to the wound, leading them to believe a druggie did it in order to rob Sonny of his belongings?
Lucas was a teen when Adrienne was already married to Justin
Actually, Lucas would've been a very small child (around 5 years old) when Justin and Adrienne first got married. But now, Lucas and Adrienne are practically the same age.

Why on earth would Eric, or anyone, want to have a "serious" relationship with someone like Serena, who has a public hair-pulling punching contest with another woman because she is mad at her. Also, she makes a regular habit of having a foul name-calling persona. I don't get the attraction. Eric is dumb, I guess. And don't get me started on Eric...you've all covered his (lack of) personality, brains, integrity quite well. Yuck. Attractive NOT.

At least Lucas and Adrienne both have some reasonably likable qualities, most of the time. They don't behave like lunatics, like Serena.

Oh my goodness. I cried a lot in this episode today. Poor Sonny. I felt bad for all involved. Even a little for Will although I wish he would have shown more emotion and I hope we get some more scenes with Will and Lucas. I am looking forward to the conversation between Will and Victor since Victor knows there is something personal going on between Will and Sonny. I know they were just sort of caught up in the moment but it's too soon for Lucas and Adrienne to be almost kissing. Although I must say this is playing out better than I anticipated. I'm glad Victor and Maggie found Sonny. I don't think I would have been able to stand it if we went the entire episode without Sonny being found.

I FF'd the Eric/Serena scenes so thank you Jason for the writeup and letting me know I didn't really miss anything.

Days has not been able to write something for Adrienne to show what a great actress she is, and today, it really showed. She, at different times, was happy, sad, worried, tearful, exasperated, frightened, tempted, exasperated, so very scared.
And Lucas....the same. He was joking, serious, yes, caught up in a moment, then embarassed, scared, frustrated, consoling, and really, was being a good friend. Yayyy for them both.

JS, you're right. They mentioned the cocaine on Sonny's jacket. It looked
like it was rubbed in his wound, but maybe not.

I thought of something else seeing all the wine and blood on the show.

Will told Paul the article will be out tomorrow. Whenever Salem tomorrow
is, Maxine and the other nurse will realize Paul is gay. Things will get
interesting since he gave blood.

Thanks to everyone on the info about O negative blood.

I mentioned in yesterday's summary what "stabbed in the back" meant.
Today Will talked to god about betraying Sonny. How much did
Victor overhear?

Maggie showed us a new way to use a scarf.

Did anyone notice if Daniel wore the scarf Nicole gave him or
another one?

Nice to see Kayla, Maxine, Abe and Roman.

I'm glad Ari cried when she did.

Jason, thanks for the summary.

I respect your opinion, Daysdegrassi, but in my view, I think it could work. Much better, in fact, than many other pairings on this show. Again, Adrienne and Lucas are friends and right now, they appear to be developing feelings for each other. If Justin is out of the picture, why not ?

I agree. I also was not as taken aback as I expected, and as long as things are OVER with Justin before anything starts, I'm cool. Love me some Lucas!!
...Eric & Serena could not have been more boring if they were Paige & her mirror.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It was nice to get a good episode!! LOL - and no JJ/Eve sex!! :)

I really love it when Days paces an episode the way the last half was paced. And things MOVE. Makes it more enjoyable by far!!

Can't wait for tomorrow! Way to go, writers, for delivering an actual sweeps-worthy episode!!

Back