Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jan. 25, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Hopefully this makes sense. I watched the middle 30, then the first and last 15. LOL Meetings aplenty today!

Eric is dreaming of Jennifer confessing her attraction to him. He wakes up alone.

Lani dreams of JJ rejecting her because he has discovered he's not the baby's father. JJ wakes her up; she doesn't tell him why her dream upset her, she wants to focus on their future. Later he's feeling for her baby bump, is surprised she doesn't have one yet. Later, he wants someone he can trust as her partner, how bout Eli. She is mad, and also wants JJ to hold off on telling other people. He's going to tell his mom, however. He goes to the Square and interrupts Jen and Eric's conversation to announce Lani's pregnancy. JJ is happy, hopes Jen is. Jen is if Lani is, but she's taken aback that Eric knew for a moment. She is excited.

At Eli's, he dreams of telling Gabi he slept with Lani. When he wakes up, he clams up, sympathizes with Gabi over losing her really cool company. He suggests that Gabi go to Kate to discuss her future; the company needs her now more than ever. Gabi is thrilled, it's great to have him. Kiss.

In the DiMansion study, Kate dreamily recalls telling André she loves him, and his lowering the boom on her (he only used her to get control of DiMera). She takes it out on a nearby picture when she snaps out of it. Kate is cleaning up her mess when Gabi enters; she and Gabi talk about Anna as a suspect, since her Tony-urn was found, but Roman provided an alibi. Kate tells Gabi that she didn't know about André’s plan, and flashes back to learning about it. Kate retells (in what I believe is a new flashback) how André wanted to cut Gabi out to make more cash, and how Kate felt it was unreasonably cruel. Kate left him with an ultimatum: Bring Gabi back, or we're through. That was the last exchange they had.

In Abby and Chad's room, she dreams of finding André's body. Chad awakens her as she isn't having a good go of it. She wonders if Anna could have killed André, learns about Anna's alibi. Abby can't think of how anyone would hate André enough to kill him, and wonders if Gabi could have done it.

At Salem U Hospital near the Nurses' Station, Kayla is talking to Steve on the phone. Val comes up, tells us that Abe has settled Theo in at the clinic, Celeste has been twice to see Theo. They talk about Lani's pregnancy: Kayla didn't know Val knew, admits she ran the exam, Val asks how far along Lani is, since Abe left the country before she could ask him. Valerie has come prepared, and has done her math, knowing that JJ and Lani broke up before Theo was shot. Kayla plays it cagey. Valerie keeps probing Kayla under the guise of throwing Lani a shower. (She claims she wants to be sure Lani's out of the shaky first trimester.) The Doctor calls Kayla away for a consult. Valerie calls Eli, and then meets with him in the Square to tell him Lani's pregnant (after asking if he used protection). They talk specific dates and she regrets keeping Eli's "real father" from him.

In the Square at the restaurant, Jennifer and Dr Shah are eating breakfast. Eric comes upon them, Shah gets beeped and has to go. He has emailed them a proposal about the Horton Center. They talk awkwardly. Eric worries about Abby, knowing she found André’s body and that they were close. Later, Jen has read the proposal written by the Doctor Shah, thinks it's great. Eric asks Jennifer if she likes him. Blah blah. Jennifer gets mad when Eric assumes she slept with Dr Shah. Jennifer says her life is not his concern, she deserves love.

At the Station, Eli wants to talk to Lani alone. He takes her to an office and says he knows she's pregnant.

Back at the Di-Manse, Abby and Chad come downstairs as Kate gets the call about André's funeral, for which she has to make arrangements. (The autopsy is not done yet.) Kate has to go change. Abby and Gabi have a stumbling conversation wherein eventually Abby gets around to asking her very good friend if maybe she was the one who bashed in André's lovable head.

Dope of the Day: Eli.

Words I'd like to hear NEVER again on a soap: "real father" and "we only slept together once".

Jennifer and Eric: GROW UP.

Complain about Kayla and Val's ethical violations all you want - I'm on TEAM VALERIE because she gets things done and says what she's thinking. Take a lesson Eric, Jennifer, Lani, Eli, Gabi, Abby, and Kate.

I wonder if Abby will have another breakdown/recast when she realises she was merely a pawn in André's game, and they weren't actually buddies. I'm sick of her crying.

And I really, really don't like Abby/Gabi scenes at all. Forced friendship; forced rivalry.

Wow bad dream day. But I am very happy that Eli has already found out that Lani is pregnant and it didn't drag on for months. Wait, that did happen right? It wasn't another of Lani's bad dreams was it?

Yeah, I think Abby asking Gabi if she killed Andre is going to put a big crimp in their friendship. More than Gabi sleeping with Chad.

In re: Val/Kayla ethics......Val is not Lani's doctor, was told of the pregnancy by Abe, so is not bound by anything. Kayla did avoid revealing anything.....

As far as Val asking how far along....heck, anyone might ask that....the doctor only has to say something about the mother can tell her the due date.

Abby blathering on in bed about Andre was overkill, in my opinion. She needs a wake up call so badly....but then, Salemites seem to ignore the evil perpetrated on them, their family & friends, certainly don't stay away and are civil to those nasty ones. And sorry, same goes for Chad, who doesn't say a word against his cruel father, Stefano, brother EJ, or this supposed brother, Andre. Too bad Chad doesn't just take back the Peterson name.

Kayla did avoid revealing anything.....
Actually at my clinic (correction: Hospital System), Kayla telling Valerie that she did Lani's exam would be a violation, because Valerie did not need to know that. And there was no medical reason Kayla was consulting her about (e.g., a fetal heart issue, which could be Val's specialty of the week).

Valerie asking questions she knew were protected would also be a violation. Again, need to know.
With all the hospital records being computerized, you'd think Valerie would just log in and look at Lani's file.
At my clinic, that might flag as well. There are security precautions in place to make sure employees can't check their or their relatives/neighbours' records. (Though - unless someone has Val flagged as Lani's illegitimate dad's lover, she might not set off alarms, LOL - I imagine Salem UH's HIPAA officer is pretty busy updating who's who's parent, lover, friend, etc.)
Val is not Lani's doctor, was told of the pregnancy by Abe, so is not bound by anything.
Actually, as an employee of the hospital, she is bound to Salem U Hospital's privacy protections, which at most hospitals are more strict than the generic HIPAA law. Not to mention whatever the AMA might hold her to. (My code of ethics, which I have to affirm every year, lays out specific privacy regulations as well.)

Then again, it's highly unlikely that Salem U Hospital has any employee regulations, unless DA PLOT demands it. ;)
Too bad Chad doesn't just take back the Peterson name.
I want this so much; I actually want him un-DiMera'd altogether. I'd love it if the house burnt to the ground with all current DiMeras in it (provided the above happens with Chad!!). Though I'd love it more if it were turned back in to Donovan Manor. Wouldn't it be a twist if Andrew and Eve waltzed through the door, and told StefanNo that the sale to the DiMeras was never finalised, and THEY own the house, not his lousy bank? Oh, I'd love that. :)

Last edited:
I was really just being a smart butt with that comment.
LOL - for a second I was wondering if my editing job was done badly, since I started the summary at the 15 minute mark, then had to go back and connect in earlier scenes. I was afraid I had forgotten to say Lani woke up!! LOLOL

At my clinic, that might flag as well. There are security precautions in place to make sure employees can't check their or their relatives/neighbours' records.
Oh, I know in real hospitals employees can't just look at any file (I remember the employees who were fired for looking at Farrah Fawcett's medical records in the system). But in Salem, you know their computers either don't require individual login/passwords to peep, or no one cares.
Though I'd love it more if it were turned back in to Donovan Manor. Wouldn't it be a twist if Andrew and Eve waltzed through the door, and told StefanNo that the sale to the DiMeras was never finalised, and THEY own the house, not his lousy bank? Oh, I'd love that. :)
I'd start a GoFundMe account to pay Ron Carlivati to see this happen!

But in Salem, you know their computers either don't require individual login/passwords to peep, or no one cares.
Hear hear. I almost hesitated to post about "real world" rules and regs, because in point of fact, privacy laws only suit the writers when DA PLOT demands it. As soon as it's narratively convenient, they'll toss the privacy rule out and Kayla will blab all. LOL
I'd start a GoFundMe account to pay Ron Carlivati to see this happen!
I'd second that, but I don't know if I want to wait 9 months for it!!!

That's something else I meant to comment, Abby's adoration of Andre is a little over the top. I know he helped her be dead, but geez, she does know he wasn't really a great guy, right?

From all appearances, she doesn't realize that! Enough, with her adoration of Andre.

Thanks for the summary, Jason. I would never have known your watching was jumbled if you hadn't mentioned it.

The Dream Sequences: I was starting to wonder if my NBC affiliate was mistakenly showing one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies instead of "Days of Our Lives". I kept waiting for Freddy Krueger to show up! Seriously, I don't have anything against dream sequences as a story-telling device, but to start the episode by having practically every character wake up from a bad dream just came across as a little goofy in my oh so very humble opinion.

Abigail: Oh yes, Andre was just a big ol' marshmallow with legs. :rolleyes:

In all fairness, I don't mind Abigail grieving for her "bff" Andre, but If I have to listen to her continually asking "Why, oh why, would anyone kill Andre, of all people?" I'm going to pull my hair out before this story is over and I don't have all that much left to begin with. LOL

I admired Gabi's restraint with Kate because you know she just wanted to blurt out "Yeah, yeah, are you going to give me my job or not?" Or maybe I just wanted her to blurt it out.

Jennifer and Eric: I'm not against them as a couple. What I am against is silly, contrived problems that can easily be resolved by simply engaging in the art of conversation. I agree 100% agree with Jason's so succinctly expressed sentiment: GROW UP!

I'm guessing that JJ is so preoccupied by his believed impending fatherhood that he didn't notice Lani's bizarre overreaction to the notion of partnering with Eli. I wanted to reach into my TV screen tap him on the shoulder and say" "Um, JJ? That's what's called a red flag, buddy."

I'm not sure I trust the good Dr. Shah. I mean, Valarie's a cardiologist but he asks Kayla to consult on a cardiac patient. If that's not suspicious, I don't know what is.

I'm just kidding on that one, but I just can't help feel like there is something too good to be true about that guy. I was similarly suspicious about Commissioner Raines, and not to toot my own horn, but just look at how that turned out.

Oh heck, who am I kidding? Tooting my own horn is like mother's milk to me. So toot, toot.:rotfl:

Last edited:
Don't forget the handsome Dr. Ben Walters who also took a shine to Jennifer. He ended up being involved in the black market organ ring with Warden Jane and her sidekick, Lee. Jennifer ended up having her heart removed and reinserted.

tytreadway

Then there was psychopath Liam Frasier, the pharmaceutical rep.

47efaf231625d14781fd7e6057c3adf6.jpg

Jennifer should stay away from meeting men through the hospital.

Jennifer should stay away from meeting men through the hospital.
Men in the hospital should stay away from meeting Jenny.

Dr. Henry Shah: The poor, uninformed man seems to be drifting into Jenny's orbit. Somebody should warn him about what he's getting into.
  • Henry, has anyone told you about the way Jennifer ranted and raved at that nice Dr. Jonas?
  • Dr. Shah, watch out for Jenny. She comes with real baggage -- her often dysfunctional children;
  • Henry, if Jenny's husband comes back to life, she'll either dump you or start a dating contest between you and him.
Dream time in Salem: Yes, it was bad-dream day in Salem, but they were so predictable. How about something new and different:
  • dumpster diving with the Forest Preserve Bear;
  • being chased through the Smith Island briers and brambles by the Horton Cabin raccoons;
  • being pursued through the secret DiMera tunnels by the ghost of Andre or Stefano.
Kate: So she's in charge of funeral arrangements. It would be wise if the funeral director had a few questions for her, such as:
  • Are you really sure he's dead?
  • Will he definitely stay dead long enough to complete the funeral and burial?
  • Can you assure me that there will be no unseemly disruptions of the wake by those who held Mr. DiMera in low regard?

Thanks, Jason.

Interesting first minutes of the show with everyone dreaming. Too bad Abby
didn't dream Andre telling her "You" when she asked who killed him.

We still don't know if Kate is willing to give back Gabi's job.

Interesting that people think Roman is lying for Anna.

I'm glad Jen finally knows about the baby. I hope she's not too upset Eric
knew and couldn't tell her.

I can't believe Val asked Kayla how far along Lani is. She sort of had an excuse
that she wanted to know because of planning a baby shower and wanted
to be sure no risk of miscarriage.

And several people have talked about miscarriage and I'm wondering if that
might happen since she's only a month along.

Back