Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jun. 22, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At Teen Loft 1, Theo is trying to coax Claire out of the bathroom. Marlena arrives, Claire lets her in, and the Doc shoos Theo from the room. Marlena chastises Claire for talking about sex with Jade and how big of a step sex is. Marlena does not feel Claire's ready. Claire explains they thought things through and were safe, but Marlena reminds her of several fads Claire went through and likens her relationship with Theo to these (being a vegan, freeing Tibet, blah blah). The upshot is Claire thinks Ciara's in love with Theo, confesses she did a bad thing but not sex - withholding Ciara's letter (though we don't see this, unless I missed a scene). Edited to add: I did not see a scene today where Claire and Marlena discussed the letter; that's just my assumption. Marlena vanishes after the scenes with Claire.

At the Kmansion, Sonny and Victor talk about Sonny's island dopery, and how Sonny was right about Deimos. Victor announces that Sonny is the new CEO of Titan. Sonny literally says, "Awesome." Not so, Victor says, it's sink or swim time. Victor laments some of his ethical slips, hope Sonny can keep his. Sonny will.

At the Dimansion, Chad and Gabi talk about the Dario/Abby marriage, and how Chad has moved on. Kate and André enter, glad that Chad/Gabi are alive. They announce that Kate is married to Mr André DiMera. They explain the move was business and that Mr Shin is saying true but nasty things about André. Chad is outraged, Kate explains it is just for six months. This does not quell the young survivor's fury, and he goes to "fix" the situation with the board.

Gabi asks Kate what she will do when she meets a man she loves and is married to André. Kate says she met the man she loves, and lost him, that's her pattern. She's breaking it. André needles Gabi about her business knowledge, Chad returns and announces he has to wait six months to reclaim his company. Kate and André have ground rules. Chad will keep an eye on them. André vows to keep the family together. Conversation turns to Chad/Gabi, things are good. André jokes about moving Kate's things to his room, she keeps ground rules firm. He leaves. (Gabi has left, too.) Kate congratulates Chad on conquering Gabi (not her words).

At the Pub, Valerie calls Eli and leaves him a message, she is glad he's back home, needs to see him. Theo joins her when he arrives to meet Lani, who is not there, at Valerie's invitation. They discuss the video (which Theo assumed correctly Abe told Valerie about) and how fortunate that the video didn't get onto the web. Theo questions the nature of sex and admits he blew it by not believing Claire didn't have anything to do with the video. Her phone rings, she has to take it.

At the police station, Lani encourages Eli to call his mother back. She lays out a good case, and he admits he never doubted that his mom loved him even though she did wrong. Eli calls Valerie, asks to see her.

Pub: After accepting Eli's invite, she tells Theo about how tough it was to let Eli grow up, and how the crash brought those memories back. Eli appears, hugs. Theo hugs Lani, too, asks if she was scared. She asks about Theo's problems (Abe told her). They'll talk at the weekly dinner at Dad's. Theo leaves. Meanwhile Eli and Valerie have made up, he takes full responsibility for their rift. Julie comes in, happy to see Eli. Eli learns that Julie and Valerie buried the hatchet, they are family. She has a surprise for him, wants to show him (and invites Lani, too). Julie gives him a tour of the Martin house, which used to belong to Eli's great-grandfather, and now belongs to him (Julie & Doug bought it for him "when it came up for sale again" and they've been working on it since before Eli went to Greece). She wants to throw a welcome back party for the island folk there.

In a DiMansion hallway, André tells Gabi that she's on notice. Gabi stands her ground. Later, Kate congratulates her in the study, Gabi says it's a relief to be home, but she's not moving in yet. Meanwhile at the landing, André tells Chad it's a good thing the cursed amulet wasn't along with them on the plane. It was, Chad admits, but he got rid of it.

Theo comes back to the Teen Loft, Claire stops his apology, gives him the letter. She tells him if he can forgive her, he knows where she'll be.

Sonny tells the amulet that he will be strong. Seriously, he is talking to jewelry about making Titan strong and not being afraid of the amulet.

André offers Kate a nightcap and they discuss André staying out of Gabi's way, lest he earn Chad's ire. Kate doesn't believe André's assertion that he'll be the "soul of discretion" and warns him that a move against Gabi is a move against Chad and Kate.

Chad kisses Gabi good-by before she leaves for home. They'll both rest easily tonight.

Edited to add: Ed. Note: I think I got everything important. My cable was cutting out during a few early scenes. I'm now trying to figure out if it was my line or the line to the house (it splits outside and comes in in three places). Of course, I set the other TV to NBC, and lo and behold, no blips on either set after that. Oy vey.

Last edited:
The upshot is Claire thinks Ciara's in love with Theo, confesses she did a bad thing but not sex - withholding Ciara's letter (though we don't see this, unless I missed a scene).
This happened quite a while ago, when Ciara put the letter into Theo's backpack. Claire discovered the letter and removed it. We figured (at the time) she probably threw it away.

When they have the welcome home party at the Martin House, I hope somebody asks why Victor's old couch is in the living room.

29cfbf6628d70746a98da1491971e9ca.jpg

If the writers had asked me for some ideas for today's script, I might have suggested these.

Victor's reaction to Deimos's photo still being on display in the K-mansion living room: "Henderson! Get rid of that thing immediately. The sight of it is giving me heartburn."

Claire responds to Malena's relationship advice: "Oh, yeah. Who are you to talk? You ruined Aunt Sami's life when you climbed onto that tabletop with John Black."

Dr. Grant remarks on Theo telling her that he's discovered that sex is "complicated": "You bet. If I knew then what I know now, I'd never have climbed into bed with that loser, David." (Naturally, Julie overhears this.)

Victor reacts to Sonny's claim that he's ready to make "tough decisions": "Really? This isn't just deciding whether to put onion slices on Big Boy hamburgers, you know."

Eli's response to Julie giving him Martin House: "What made you think that I'd want this old barn?"

Theo reacts to Ciara's letter: "Gee, Ciara can't spell at all. And her grammar stinks."

Surprised that Claire held on to that letter. JasonD is correct about Claire/Marlena and the lack of any sort of discussion between them about the letter specifically. could be intentional, or an edit??

That is sure some "gift" Julie gave to Eli.......wow!

I remember when Chad asked Kate & Andre to both move into DiMansion, so evidently Kate put the place right back up for sale. It was not a B&B during the short time she owned it, she kicked everyone out, lol.

LOL, as Andre sits by himself after Kate's warning about dissing Gabi.....takes a sip of his drink, and motions a toast to Stefano's portrait. Loved that!

Hmmm, so WHAT will happen?

When they have the welcome home party at the Martin House, I hope somebody asks why Victor's old couch is in the living room.
It has bugged me for many years that there is a throw pillow in Stefano's living room with the same pattern/fabric as Victor's couch.

Thank you Jason

I think the letter scene may have been cut as I'm pretty sure it was in the spoilers for today. The show never quite gets right what needs to be cut. I'm liking the direction with Claire and Theo so far. Hope must have busted Claire to Marlena but it would have been great if all 3 shared the discussion together. I'll take what I can get though.

Liking Lani and Eli a lot. Maybe we will get to a see a family dinner some time.

Interesting turn of events with the mansion. I'm guessing half of Salem will live there by August.

So it was owned by Doug/Julie, then Kate, then a stranger (per Abby), then Doug/Julie again and now Eli. So did Tom Horton actually own the mansion at some point as well? Who was Julie referring to?

Go away Kate.

She was talking about his great-grandfather on the Martin side. David Banning's biological father was David Martin (but he was raised by Scott Banning, who Scotty was named after). When Doug and Julie originally bought the Martin house, she mentioned how her first love, David, grew up in the house.

Thanks, Jason.

Was there a yard sale at the K mansion when they redecorated or did Maggie
give Julie the old couch? I hope someone steamed cleaned it.

Nice to see Eli and Valerie hug. Then Julie came in and was happy to see them together.

Interesting to learn Kate is in charge of DiMera Enterprises for six months even though
Chad is back.

I sort of understand why Sonny is using so much hair gel, but why is his shirt open
to show off the hair on his chest? Does that make him a better CEO?? And what's going
to happen to Basic Black since Sonny is over Titan?

I enjoyed this episode. But who was the man Kate loves or loved and can't have?

I even found the scenes with Claire tolerable. Never thought I could say that.

Lani was most enjoyable today too. I think it was the first time I'd ever seen her looking genuinely happy.

On a negative note, Abe and Hope might as well have gone through town with a megaphone to let all of Salem know about what Theo and Claire had done, and about the taping of it. Yes, it's good the tape didn't get on the internet but having all your friends and relatives talking about it seems like the next worse thing, although it didn't seem to bother Claire or Theo, and at least Marlena and Valerie did offer them helpful input.

OC, Eduardo, I think.

The best episode in quite a while, for me; lots of snark!

Andre, to Chad: "Shin was spreading a rumor that I was mentally unstable." Chad, "And you married Kate to prove him right?"

Kate, to Gabi: "I met the man I love, and I can't have him. It seems to be a pattern with me. Time to break the pattern, don't you think?" Gabi reacted; a word to the wise, for her?

Andre, to Chad/Gabi: "Excuse me, but it seems that everyone is absolutely onerous about Kate and I being married?" Kate, "I'm not." Gabi, "I am." Chad, "I am." :)

Protective Andre, to Gabi: "Watch your step, Señorita!"

Glad that Marlena also took Claire to task for sharing intimate information with friends.

Thanks, A. Guy. I forgot all about Eduardo. Now I'm sure that's who Kate meant.

I also liked the snarky comments. They were all that made the scenes with Chad and Gabi bearable for me. I can't believe I'm even saying this, but in that little group of people, Andre has become my favorite.

Abigail and Dario--I can't think of anything good to say about them.

I enjoyed Eli and Valerie, and Julie. Glad they're all getting along now. The house thing was good. It was nice of Julie to let Eli know he wasn't under any pressure to live in it unless he wants to. I was glad they invited Lani along, and that she seemed happy to be with them. Julie looked especially pretty today.

liking the direction with Claire and Theo
Overall, me too; though today was a little too heavy-handed and Afterschool Special-y for my personal taste. I liked Claire standing her ground and admitting she was wrong. However I have even less sympathy for Ciara.
Liking Lani and Eli a lot.
Me too. The writers are doing a good job of moving them together slowly, or at least positioning them to be good friends. They have similar back stories and are both cops, and that's a great start.
It was not a B&B during the short time she owned it, she kicked everyone out, lol.
I looked these up to help one of my "tweeps" who thought Julie still owned it. Kate bought the B&B in August 2016 (end of the month, kicked folks out around the 1st). Abby has been living there since April 26, when "new owners" had bought it (from Kate). Think of the real estate commissions! Some lucky Salem realtor is living the high life thanks to this oft-transferred mansion!
So it was owned by Doug/Julie
Did you research this as well, or did you see my tweets? We are of a mind. JustSamantha is spot on that it was owned by David Martin's father, the Eli's great-grandfather to whom Julie was referring. Tom Horton was Eli's great-great-grandfather (as he is Claire's, Arianna's, and Thomas's).
Go away Kate.
I actually found her somewhat tolerable when she is in "guard mode" against André. I don't understand her lust for Chad/Gabi, but if that gives her scenes with André, I'm okay with it until the new writers can straighten things out.
Andre, to Chad: "Shin was spreading a rumor that I was mentally unstable." Chad, "And you married Kate to prove him right."
Darn, I would have loved to hear that Chad-retort. That was one of the parts when my cable blipped out.

The Andre-Chad comments were low key, and hard to hear. I had to re-run it a few times, using captioning. I like how Andre, and his new bride have been rehabilitated, a little. And there are indications that their relationship will become less platonic. :drunk:

Back