Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 11, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
In Greece, Nicole flashes back to her convo threatening Victor's wrath at Xander. She is resolved to escape with Holly. She goes to the guard, but it's Eric. He won't leave without her because Brady asked him to although she at first refuses to leave with him. He updates her on Brady, she won't leave without Holly. The nanny brings the baby through the back, Eric speaks Greek with her (learned it during seminary), gets the baby, gives her to Nicole. Nicole refuses to leave with him. As they quibble, Xander comes out (Eric's back is to him). Xander plans to fire the nanny, sends Eric away with the baby.

Chad is in the Square--oh wait, it's Greece, talking about the amulet on the phone. Hope invites herself to join him. She tells him the trip is a bad idea, and André shows up in a letter jacket to agree. He scolds Chad for his foolish quest (he learned from Harold), suggests they not discuss this in front of the reinstated Hope (despite her "attempt to murder our father"). André drops the bomb about the amulet search, upsetting Chad, who learns Stefano passed on the offer. They quibble for 50 scenes. Then a Greek woman slaps André, wants him arrested. During their confrontation, Chad bolts. They resolve to work together to stop him.

Victor is on the phone, furious that Brady is getting sicker. Claire has come to visit, needs money to launch her music career. He wants to know how much, she's not sure. She's jealous that Victor favours Ciara. He points out that he doesn't play favourites (ahem) and doesn't give out blank checks until age 21. He wants to discuss her jealousy of Ciara. He admires Claire, who goes off about how perfect Ciara is. Ciara comes in, wants to move some of her trust money around to help people get access to clean drinking water, Claire flips. (Ed. Note: These scenes are truly cringe-worthy.) Later, Ciara is telling Victor how she's jealous of Claire. She refuses to give up boyfriend Wyatt's last name (lest Victor sick his detectives on him).

Earlier at the Pub, Ciara and Wyatt were on a date and Theo had entered. Ciara got a call and Theo watched Wyatt pay the bill (by taking money from Ciara's backpack, with her permission). Theo confronted him, got schooled; Ciara excused Wyatt to lay into Theo. Ciara announced that she and Wyatt are now exclusive. Theo flashed back to talking with Wyatt as they put their scheme into motion.

Later in the Square, Theo runs into Claire, who is happy to see him. Theo says Wyatt's out for Ciara's money, Claire calls him out on his obsession. Their separate and non-parallel jealousies drive them apart. He returns to the Pub, where he apologises to Wyatt. Wyatt reveals he knows Ciara's loaded (which Theo did not tell him), just as Ciara comes in to witness the spat. Things cool down, and we learn Ciara is writing a paper for Wyatt. Ciara goes over to a table, Theo tells Wyatt it's time to call it off.

Chad meets with a young Greek gent with a broken arm and they discuss their exchange. Later, Hope and André have caught up with Chad, who claims the deal is off. Meanwhile someone touches the amulet with his/her right hand.

Eric has placed Holly on the plane, heads back for Nicole; instructs the pilot to wait 24 hours, then leave if he's not back. Meanwhile Xander taunts Nicole, who wants to check on Holly, but is forced to have a drink with him. He reviews her past and theirs. He smarms; she charms. She gives him a massage and he falls asleep. He wakes up as she tries to steal his keys. He gets rough with her. Eric busts in and punches him out.

Thank you, Jason. The tween / young adult stuff sounds awful.

JS, I hadn't thought of that distinction of how far in the past they mean.

The timing definitely makes a huge difference as to whether the Phoenix is "... not only merely dead, he’s really, most sincerely dead...” or has risen once again. (My apologies to the Munchkinland coroner for changing she's to he's.)

So will Nicole now fall in love with Eric again since he is the rescuer?

So wait, Victor tells Claire he doesn't give his grandkids money until they turn 21 and she'll have to wait like the rest. Then she whines that he gives Ciara money, to which he replies that the money comes from a trust, just like hers will when she's old enough.

Is Ciara now older than Claire??

My "rememberer" may be off, but I thought Victor established Ciara's trust when Bo "died" the first time. Then Hope wouldn't let her have control of the money when she turned 16 or maybe 18 ?
That's what I was thinking, but then he specifically stated today that Claire had to wait until she was 21, just like the others. And that's the reason why Ciara was getting money from her trust already and Claire wasn't.

Do they say he passed on the amulet in the past (before Hope shot him), or that he currently passed on the deal?
OK, Andre says that when the amulet was uncovered years ago, Stefano tried to acquire it, but his flunky was injured or paralyzed while trying to do so, so Stefano cancelled the transaction. (after Chad tells Hope about the curse on the amulet)

Really Nicole, you'd rather stay with Xander than be rescued by Eric. Stupid.

I don't remember Belle and Shawn and the others being this annoying when they were teens. There is not one decent story for the younger set.

Very disappointed that maybe Wyatt isn't the good guy he seemed like he was. All this Ciara/Theo business is getting so old. I can't blame annoying Claire for being upset about Theo being so upset about Ciara and Wyatt.

Hope playing detective in Greece. Just no words. I can't believe Rafe actually let her go alone.

I do. I know I'm in the minority, but I hated the "Last Blast" set of teens. I wanted to put Belle through a wood chipper. I didn't start to appreciate them until they grew up.
It's been awhile so maybe I just don't remember it. :rotfl: And maybe I'm older and get annoyed more easily now.

All I can remember is Belle whining about when she'd lose her virginity to Shawn-D. And whining because Celeste told her John and Marlena would break up (during the Salem Stalker storyline).

Pity poor Victor. He got a taste of the truly awful teen set that the viewers have been forced to endure. He should count himself lucky that he didn't have to experience the Theo & Wyatt show.

Eric the Salem Sourpuss is taking on the all trappings of a superhero: he can easily get on and off Xander's closely-guarded island, he's able to punch out the remarkably well built X-man, and the Ancient Greek that he learned in the seminary passed muster with the island guards. Maybe, the writers should next show Eric in Rome with Nicole where he can speak Latin to taxi drivers and waiters instead of modern, colloquial Italian.

Hope also has her own super powers. In a huge city like Athens, she was somehow able to find a cafe where Chad just happened to be sitting?

Finally, where did Andre get that letter sweater? Did Stefano once hand them out to family and loyal DiMera flunkies or was there once a DiMera prep school that fielded athletic teams. In the archives of the Spectator are there old issues featuring headlines like "Andre DiMera Scores Three Touchdowns as DiMera Prep Routs Salem High 55-0."

Last edited:
This is what Andre looked like today:

IMG_1597-300x225.jpg

Back