Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 19, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
In Paul's room, Marlena enters, John is vigilant at Paul's bedside. Paul comes to, jokes about John being a bad little league coach. Paul learns that Yo-Grand-Daddy's backup plan (in case the brainwashing failed) was the virus. Paul feels guilty about being responsible for the two deaths. John wants Paul to consider getting back into shape together (Marlena says the virus took its toll on both of them), Paul is icy about it. John goes to check with a nurse on when Paul can be released. Marlena asks Paul what's up; he's worried about hurting John further, what if Yo-G had more in store they haven't planned for. Marlena encourages Paul to tell John this, let them all deal with it together, rather than disimissing John and locking himself in a room forever. Marlena admits she's scared for John, but she saw how John looked when he new Paul was going to be OK, so she's willing to risk it. John returns, everyone who was infected must remain in the hospital for 24 hours. Paul says they'll have to wait a day to return to the gym, John is overcome. Paul says they have much to discuss.

In Gabi's room, JJ comes in, wearing street clothes (Jen brought them, but she looks terrible, per JJ). They joke and kiss. Adriana comes in, incensed. Gabi won't let JJ defend her, says she's a grown woman. Adriana has been hired as a nurse. Gabi tells Adriana about JJ letting Gabi get the antivirus first. Adriana cools, says she's OK with JJ if he can stand more Hernandez family dinners. Laughing all around, but JJ left because he didn't think they needed an outsider. He was not uncomfortable. Adriana gives her blessing, apologises to Gabi for not being here for so long. Later, Gabi is speaking with Arianna, whom JJ brings ice cream.

At the Kmansion, Deimos tells Kate he will marry her. Now Kate's suspicious thinks Deimos wants protection from her testifying. Justin arrives; Kate orders Adams to tell him to go away, Deimos will see him. Justin kicks Kate out. Deimos has decided to take up Justin on his offer, some cash in exchange for preferential treatment (in the future) from the DA's office. Deimos won't give specifics, just tells him a test will come, and he should be ready. Later, Justin is in the square, calls Victor (whom we don't see), tells him Deimos appears to have agreed to the plan.

In the private area, Nicole and Dario meet. Nicole is worried Vic has another plan, and is worried that Kate's marriage plans will derail Vic's other plan. She can't let that happen, can't let Deimos get away with what he did to Maggie. Dario suggests that Nicole seduce Deimos tonight, get him to avoid Kate, but string him along. Dario hits on Nicole.

Later, Kate asks Deimos about the meeting with Justin, he won't give details. She claims that what Deimos did to Maggie & Victor gave her pause, and that she can be Deimos' Lady MacBeth. Deimos wants a prenup. They quarrel a bit, she can stand on her own, etc. She leaves, it's raining; Nicole is stalking in the bushes. She calls Dario and asks him to distract Kate (fun facts: Kate drives a red two-seater, and Salem Road is the only way to Salem from the Kmansion; it turns into Main Street). She lets herself get wet (which is pretty tough since the effects aren't that great, LOL). Deimos lets her in, offers her a shower and a change (she claims she got a flat and her phone died). Later, she comes down in a robe as he's looking at a picture of Helena, it was all she could find in the closet, guesses it was Kate's. Deimos offers her tea, she asks for a brandy instead. As he's pouring, she wshes she could play the piano, he offers to play for her. He plays a romantic, slow song (sorry - Music Lovers, help please!!) over a montage of shots of her listening and reacting.

In the Square, Dario slams into Kate, spilling her coffee. He's apologising and offering to pay for her dry cleaning, get a new coffee, when she realises that he's Rafe's brother, Dario. They talk about why he left Titan Argentina, and Dario gives intriguing enough teasers to keep Kate from packing for her Vegas trip. They sit down, Dario was a go-getter, shot to the top, but tried to change the way things were done, made people nervous. Office politics made him sick. Kate says she needs people like him, not ready to hire yet, but wants to keep talking. Dario's not ready, but Kate gives him her card just as Eduardo arrives. What business do you have with my son? Dario gets defensive, Kate takes Eduardo's side, informs Eduardo that she is running Titan and wants Dario to work for her. Adriana happens upon the scene, Dario hugs her, learns Ari and Gabi are ok. Kate wants an introduction. Eduardo introduces Kate Roberts to Adriana Hernandez, the mother of his children, Dario quips, "4 of them anyway." Kate says she's a friend of Rafe's. Eduardo asks Adriana if he can walk her home, they leave. Kate keeps her invitation open; Dario would rather talk about Eduardo/Kate. She leaves for her "business trip" and Dario looks forward to speaking to her when he returns.

Later, a doctor is checking out Paul, warns against secondary infections, orders John back to bed. He and Marlena leave the room, Marlena wants Paul to come home with them. John kisses her to say thank you in part for her intercession on his behalf with Paul. They talk about their deep feelings, kiss more.

Eduardo and Adriana make it through the rain, there are black roses on the doorstep. The card says "Rest in Peace, Patrick Johannsen." He was a man with whom Eduardo had business many years ago. Adriana realises Eduardo killed this man. Adriana contrasts trying to save lives with Eduardo's past; Eduardo talks about his programming, and they worry about revenge from the black-rose-senders. Can Eduardo ever really leave his old life?

As Deimos plays, Nicole draws closer, eventually placing her hands over his. They kiss.

Actually, I thought the show was pretty good. I don't really like not knowing what Justin's offer to Deimos is, or really, how Nicole intends to get Vic's money back, or enact revenge, or whatever it is she is supposed to be doing.

But I like Mami questioning JJ about how he viewed the upheavals at the Hernandez family dinners, I liked Eduardo coming to ward off Kate from Dario, am curious about who is sending black roses at this late date,

Definitely tired of Dario's spitting anger at Eduardo. But why is Nicole so trusting of him???Also very glad that Paul, Marlena & John got airtime finally!

Thank you, Jason.

You know the show is bad when Kate is the bright spot on the episode! Her talk with Dario and the other Hernandi was just about the only interesting thing on DOOL today. :sick: to Nicole & Dario, :sick::sick: to Kate & Deimos, and :sick::sick::sick:to Nicole and Deimos. Yuck!! Who wants to see that!? But it was nice seeing Justin.

The JJ & Gabi scenes, as well as the Black family, was nice enough, but seemed to just be filler today.

Thanks Jason

Kate: Please stay far, far away from Hernandez men!!!
:tsk:

Really liked the JJ and Gabi scenes. Maybe the point of the virus was to fast track them to marriage? Anything else is contrived at this point.

John and Marlena must have a large townhouse with Belle, Claire and Paul all living there. Perhaps Grandma Hope has an extra couple room for Claire and her dad?:rolleyes:

What was the point of the rain? For Nicole to undress? :sick::sick::sick:

When Kate introduced herself to Mami Hernandez, she said she was a friend of Rafe's. You think she'd have opened with "I'm Arianna's great-grandmother" or "Arianna's father was my grandson".
She might also have mentioned that she once had an affair with Rafe and that she really enjoyed their bedtime romps, but Mami probably wouldn't have liked that. Speaking of Kate, for once Deimos was on target when he said of her: "She's not all about the sanctity of marriage." Of course these sentiments arguably apply to many other Salemites. Right Belle?
But why is Nicole so trusting of him??
Very good point. Even if Dario isn't setting up Nicole up for some doublecross, what can his cheap grifter's talents accomplish with Kate? Ms. Blue-Green Chunk would see him coming all the way to West Salem.

I am mixed on this take-down Deimos storyline. I think it's probably the strongest going right now but on the other hand I don't like how they are doing it. For one thing I don't get Victor having two separate plans going on simultaneously. If they were working in concert it would be one thing but its clear that neither Nicole nor Justin know what the other is doing; they are at cross-purposes and it doesn't make sense. Also I don't like the idea of Nicole seducing Deimos because that just seems like a step back for her character and she's better then that. I wish they would have lightened up a bit and giving us a fun caper like The Sting or Ocean's Eleven.

Like everyone else I am pretty much done with Dario spitting fire at Eduardo and I'm not big on him as Summer's partner in larceny either. But pairing him with Nicole? Yeah I can get behind that. Go ahead and call the boys with the strait-jacket and check me into the room next to Abigail if you want; but gosh darn it all to heck I see potential there!!

I couldn't help notice that not only did Kate not mention that she's Arianna's great-grandmother when she met Adriana she showed no reaction whatsoever to the news that Ari was in the hospital!! *bangs head against wall*

John/Marlena/Paul: They were very nice family scenes and I'm glad Marlena got through to Paul in regard to being honest with John about what he's thinking. I could have seen Marlena and Paul having that same conversation ad nauseum with Paul insisting that he was protecting his father. I'm glad they aren't going that route.

Gabi/JJ/Adriana: In my humble opinion those scenes were so full of win that you need a fleet of U-Haul moving vans to carry it all. I also loved the scene at the end with Gabi with Ari saying "No" when Gabi said "You don't like your bed do you?" or something along those lines.

I'm also intrigued by black roses left on Hernandez family stoop. I've said before and I'll say it again, I like this family and I'm happy to see them have a story.

She might also have mentioned that she once had an affair with Rafe and that she really enjoyed their bedtime romps, but Mami probably wouldn't have liked that.
If Mami frowned on Gabi and JJ kissing in the hospital room, imagine her reaction to knowing Kate and her darling boy, Rafe, "did the deed", repeatedly. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Not too bad of an episode but still not sweeps worthy, that's for sure. I can't figure out if Nicole is trying to fast-track the plot with Deimos or just temporarily derail his plans to marry Kate. I suppose a little bit of both since Kate marrying Deimos would make her plan moot. I like the chemistry between the two actors but good grief it looked like Deimos was trying to eat Nicole's face off. Gross.

So I wonder if Dario is going to ask Rafe about his "friend" Kate. LOL. You know, I was a little irritated too about Kate introducing herself that way but this sort of thing has become normal and expected with these writers. The fact that Kate has said absolutely nothing about Arianna being sick makes sense too. She barely blinked an eye when Will died. And what about Lucas? I'm sure he would have been worried sick about his granddaughter and there has been zero mention of him the past couple weeks.

I don't know what to think about the black roses thing with Eduardo. I was really hoping all that stuff was going to be put behind him and the story now would be him rebuilding his life with his family. I really hope this isn't some harbinger of bad things to come and/or the exit of Eduardo. I like the Hernandez family dynamic. Well, except Dario. He can leave. Really, I'd just like to see him out of Summer's orbit and drop the attitude toward Eduardo and I'd like him just fine. LOL.

Thanks, Jason.

I wondered about the music Deimos played, too. Maybe the other Jason knows :)

It was interesting no one told Adriana, Kate was Arianna's great grandmother
and by the way, she slept with your son Rafe and dated Eduardo too. :rotfl:

I wonder where Eduardo and Adriana got the umbrellas. They didn't have them
on the square. Maybe there is an umbrella stand on the square and you can
purchase one on rainy days.

Our foreign word today was mi hija.. my daughter.

Today John and Marlena did the "who has the gum kiss". It's been awhile.

It's been gloomy here all day. It started raining when I started watching the
show an hour ago.

Johannsen... Google tells me it's Swedish. Is Sweden where Shane and Roman said "The Bonds!" a billion times in the 80's, chased Orpheus around, and Steve and Kayla flirted a lot?

Back