Days of Our Lives - Thu., Nov. 10, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Kmansion, Jeannie T is sobbing in her bedroom. Brady comes in, wants to know where she was. She was partying all night. This is not like her. He wants her to straighten up, she laughs. She goes to the shower, Brady finds pills in her purse. She comes out of the shower, asks for coffee. He wants to talk. She looks for her pills, Brady confronts her. "This is coming out of nowhere," per Brady. Jeannie T blames the siege, living in 'Camp Kiriakis,' etc. Being a domestic goddess is getting old, she was never cut out for being a mommy. She claims she started popping the pills when Tate was kidnapped. She tries to get Brady to do the drugs with her. This goes round a bit; he trashes the pills, she says she's rich enough to get more. He finds a piece of jewelry and wants to know where she got it. She claims she skimmed money from DJ Wear to buy it. Brady vows to get her through this, she tells him off. Later, she's talking with Tate, lamenting her fate.

André is on the phone with Laura. Abby came to him to help fake her death, Laura was supposed to watch her.

In the Square, Chad is walking with Thomas. He drops Thomas's bunny toy. A woman with long blonde hair and a black hat picks it up.

At the Horton House, JJ continues to feel bad about cheating on Gabi, laments to his mom about going "classic JJ" after the news about Abby. (He mentions Paige again, too.) They go back and forth on whether he should tell Gabi, with Jennifer feeling she will understand. Ding-dong, Gabi's at the door with Sonny, who wish to throw him a welcome home party. JJ does not seem enthused. Jenn tells Gabi that JJ's going stir-crazy. Sonny has brought a "Game Box" (that is literally what they call it), wants a video game rematch with JJ, but JJ must where the hat. There's another ding-dong, and at the door is Paul. (Gabi made Sonny go get it.) Sonny was expecting Chad, figures Gabi set this up. Back in the living room, Paul's enthused about the Box (and he calls Jennifer "Mrs Horton," yuck), but JJ and Sonny are playing first. Gabi thinks they're acting like they're six-year-olds (in a good way) and Jenn goes to get them "juice boxes." LOL. Chad arrives with Thomas. Jennifer offers to feed Thomas; Chad gets a hat and the boys play teams. (Sonny also asks Paul how the date with Derrick went.)

Jennifer and Gabi talk about JJ getting back to himself while the guys play. Sonny and Paul's team are the victors. Rematch time, but first, doughnuts. While everyone else is in the kitchen, Sonny tells Gabi he's on to her. Then she and JJ exchange "you're the best" boy/girlfriends. Jenn and Chad come in, Jenn tells Chad she's glad JJ has someone, hopes Chad will find someone again someday. Outside, the black-hat-long-blonde-hair woman (gee, who could this be?) watches. Later, Gabi has bested JJ in the game, Chad gets a call from Mr Bush. Gabi explains the Bush situation, gets JJ's okay to go.

At the hospital, Abe is ready to be discharged. Theo is being briefed by Kayla at the Nurse's station, while in Abe's room, Valerie scolds Abe and tells him to get regular check-ups, because his kids need him (especially Theo). He invites her to dinner, she accepts. Theo does not look happy as he looks through the crack in the door. He again accuses Valerie of negligence. Abe scolds him, Valerie's OK with it.

Later, at the hospital, Valerie is preparing to go. Kayla hints that Valerie could have a spot on her team permanently, says Salem is a serene place. Valerie points out the recent siege, says compared to Salem, Beirut is serene. Switches the subject, talks to Kayla about her engagement to Steve. Valerie says she prefers to live in the now, even though Salem has great memories. Kayla presses a bit, Valerie still plans to go to DC.

In the waiting area by the Nurses' station, Theo is talking with Claire about being uncomfortable with Valerie and Abe. He doesn't like change. Claire gets it, remembers how she called her dad the minute Belle started seeing Philip again. She suggests that Theo do something about it if he doesn't want his dad with Valerie.

**There may be a bit missing from my summary. The show was interrupted for a few minutes by Lester Holt.**

Valerie and Theo have talked. She told him Abe has so many reasons to be proud of him. She gets a call and leaves, Theo has a pensive look on his face. Later, Theo overhears Valerie talking to someone from home on the phone, claiming she's in New York. Theo tells Claire he intends to find out what Valerie's up to.

In the Square, Mr Bush thanks Chad and Gabi for the recommendation about the pie, has brought something as a bribe for them, from his favourite bakery in Chicago. Mr Bush and Chad need to go over some details. A confrontation between Mrs Bush and Gabi confuses. The males return, Chad thanks Gabi as the Bushes invite them to a toast.

At the Horton House, JJ has beaten Paul, goes to get more beers. Sonny accuses Paul of throwing the game. Paul admits he never gives up...and will rematch JJ. JJ has returned, reminisces about going to a bar with Will/Abby/Sonny and Will and Sonny singing "I Will Always Love You" at karaoke, which was right after JJ got out of boarding school. Paul gets the hint, hikes. (Timeline Question: WHAT?!!?)

Jeannie T is at the bar, lamenting hurting Brady. Kim is trying to convince her to go into protection with Brady and Tate. Jeannie leaves, she has no choice. Kim tells the camera, "Well I do." (Note: There's no sign of the Square-going-booze-seeking Bushes when Jeannie T leaves.)

Chad thanks Gabi for the Bushes being on board, which is making Kate happy, with a hug in the Private Area of the park. The black-hat-long-blonde-hair woman watches from afar.

Jeannie T is at a church. Looks at a picture of her family, affirms her resolve to her plan. Meanwhile Brady calls Kim, worried about Jeannie T. Kim tells Brady he needs to know the truth.

**There may be a bit missing from my summary. The show was interrupted for a few minutes by Lester Holt.**
Gabi mentions Abby to Jennifer, then apologizes. Jennifer says it's been hard, but she just takes things day by day.

The guys took a break in the game when Jennifer said she had doughnuts for them in the kitchen. Paul and Chad follow Jennifer. Sonny corners Gabi and tells her he knows what she's up. She smilingly says she has no idea what he means. Sonny points out that Paul is seeing someone and Gabi continues to feign innocence. He then goes into the kitchen with the others, while JJ kisses Gabi and says she's the best girlfriend ever.

Gabi then beats the daylights out of JJ on the video game. They're all laughing, when Chad comes into the living room to say Mr. Bush called and he could use her help. JJ asks what's up. Gabi explains how Mrs. Bush was on the prowl and had her hands all over Chad, so Gabi pretended to be his girlfriend.

Chad says that Mr. Bush would like to meet them in the cafe at the square. Gabi asks JJ if he's ok with her going. He says yes, but his face and body language seem to say he has an issue with it. Chad says something about taking Thomas home to the nanny, but Jennifer says it's no problem for her to watch him instead.

Jeannie T is talking to Tate quietly, telling him mommy has to act this way to keep him and daddy safe. Then Brady walks in, so she sing-songs some snarky remarks about how daddy wants to put her into rehab when she's only trying to have a little fun and blow off steam. He asks if she doesn't think there's a problem with telling their baby that her using drugs is ok. She pretends to fly off the handle.

Thank your for the summary, Jason. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed reading it more than I would enjoy watching it I've decided I don't want to watch this awful ordeal with Theresa and Brady--unless there is some indication her plans will be changed. I just don't want to watch people going through emotional torture, only to reach a place that is worse than ever. I do wonder whether Kim will tell Brady what is happening.

I didn't like the Bushes the first time I saw them. Don't want to watch them again.

The little party for JJ doesn't interest me either. Boy, I must be in a really down mood! I appreciate the summary and all the comments though.

Regarding the awful Brady-Theresa plot, to borrow a slogan from an old weight-loss commercial: "Stop the insanity." All this nonsense has accomplished is to give Jen Lilley (Theresa) a chance to display her ability to repeatedly weep bitter tears and rant at the hapless Brady. As for the mystery woman (presumably Abigail), she must have gotten her tips on disguises from the same person used by Orpheus, Clyde, and Xander. Right now, she looks like a refugee from Puritan Boston and sticks out in Salem like a sore thumb. Finally, one and all were having a fine time at Jenny's. How much more festive would it have been if her "famous donuts" used the same recipe she once served her lady friends?

Thanks for the summary. The episode was kind of filler, it seems, though not boring. Interesting, as JS said, that Abigail wanted Andre to fake her death. Did she also ask her grandma for help with that?

Theo getting upset about Valerie so soon seems silly to me at his age, even if he is autistic. No hint seems to have even been given that she and Abe want to hookup. It disappoints me that Claire is trying to encourage him to hatch a dumb plot to connive against her.

The JJ/Gabi/Paul/Chad/Sonny/Jennifer stuff was lighthearted and fun; certainly better than seeing more of Hope.

Thanks, Jason and JS.

Today was hat day in Salem.

Nice to see Kim again. I hope we see Kim and Shane together again instead
of them switching days.

Can you get struck by lightning in a church for lying?

What is Kim going to tell Brady? Will she try to tell him the truth and someone
stops her?

I enjoyed the party at the Horton house. Fun stuff on a day that needed it.

I'm going to need detailed explanation of how Abby, Laura and Andre have become Salem's newest trio.

Abby's hair was actually more of a strawberry blonde. The red was noticeable. I know that's the actress' real life hair color but I wonder if that will be explained at all.

The game scenes were fun filler but they were also setting up a lot of stuff. I'm honestly shocked JJ has been on 3x this week. I'm guessing he will tell Gabi the truth tomorrow. Where was Ari during the game scenes?

So I can't have Belle and Shawn but a U/5 couple can hog up air time for 3 episodes this week? This Bush stuff should have transpired over half an episode tops.

They don't air Abe and Valerie enough for me to be vested just yet.

The Theo stuff is getting confusing. One episode he is cozy with Ciara, the next one with Claire. But there is no acknowledgement of what the relationships/boundaries are. That's not how a triangle works.

Brady and Theresa: I will say this I genuinely felt bad for Brady but Theresa "plan" is just so idiotic that if I keep rolling my eyes I'm afraid they'll fall out of my head LOL. Hopefully Kim will be able to tell Brady the truth. Either way I just want this ride to end so I can get off.

My favorite scenes were at the party. We need to see more moments of the twenty-something set just having fun. I have a feeling Gabi may have been hustling JJ a bit. I saw clips of her and Will talking about her cleaning his clock at a video game from back when they were dating. I don't think she's as video game ignorant as she makes it seem. LOL

I don't think I'm alone when I say can this please be the last we see of the Bushes? I just think these walking plot devices have more then served their purpose. Although it was fun to finally see Gabi use her status as an ex-con to her advantage. LOL

Where was Ari during the game scenes?
I was wondering the same thing. She could have mentioned she was with Uncle Rafe, or Eduardo, or Grampa Lucas. But no, she was too busy pushing Sonny/Paul.
So I can't have Belle and Shawn but a U/5 couple can hog up air time for 3 episodes this week?
I agreed elsewhere and I agree here. Disgraceful. And all to set up a fake-out for "mystery woman who is probably not Abby"/Chad/Gabi/JJ. Yick.
But there is no acknowledgement of what the relationships/boundaries are. That's not how a triangle works.
Add to that the fact that Claire seems like she actually spends half her time in Hong Kong with her parents, and you have exactly expressed my sentiments.
Either way I just want this ride to end so I can get off.
I said the same thing on twitter - just do it already!! Let's get it over with!! Moving on!!!!

How do people watch the show and have time to "tweet"? Do they miss some things, or just tweet during commercials? LOL, I have been on twitter when it is obvious the tweeters are on the west coast, and just seeing the show later than me, and I just am amazed. I ask only because I know I miss things if someone starts talking to me, ask a question, even just a comment. (yes, other people in my house). And it gets frustrating. Oh, sure, often doesn't matter, but at times is important. And if posters mention something I don't remember,.....oh, heck, I just wish I could tape the show, but......alas........

Was Paul there just for "the plot" of being around Sonny? I don't remember him being friends with JJ, heck I don't recall them even in scenes together. What am I forgetting?

Back