Days of Our Lives - Thu., Sep. 26, 2019

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Kristen's Hotel: Rolf has examined Kristen and they must get to Brookeville quickly, but not spend too much time at the clinic. Kristen explains her plot, lamenting that Brady can't see his son in California. (She calls him Christopher.) She knows Brady would love (as they have discussed this) an adopted child. Rolf tries to talk her down. Kristen outlines the caper (Xander alerted her via text) where she will pose as a patient, Rolf will pretend to be a doctor seeing a patient there. They must hurry; Rolf says it's impossible. He needs a tool, he must go get it and meet her there. She is furious, they part.

Abortion Clinic: Sarah is having second thoughts, Xander is surprised because she was so sure yesterday. Running in to Eric riled her. She can't burden him with a child, even though he'd be a great dad. Xander points out the choice is based on her and her life, not Eric. She thanks him for his support. The doctor arrives. Xander pledges support no matter what. Sarah says she's ready. Sarah goes under, counting backwards. Kristen texts him to take care of the doctor. The doctor tells him to leave; he chokes him out.

Kate's Deathbed: Will and Lucas talk about Kate's condition. Lucas notes that Kate wouldn't want to be kept alive this way. Lucas is considering organ donation, Will is incensed. Yes, Lucas has told his "brothers and sisters". Will isn't ready to give up on Kate, even though Julie is in desperate need.

Nurses Station: Kayla tells Eli and Lani that Julie is in bad shape, having had another heart attack. They recap and recall that it's Eli's fault Julie heard about Jennifer's predicament. (His words.) Kayla reassures Eli that it's not his fault, her heart is so weak, this may have happened anyway. (Doug and Hope are allegedly in there with Julie.) Eli goes to see her, Kayla goes to see Lucas.

Police Station: JJ and Jack discuss Ted Laurent's apartment, where someone recently broke in. They suspect Shah, who had a dealing with Laurent, might have Jen there. They mill about.

Ted's Apartment: Shah tells Jen, knife to her throat, the next move is hers. She recaps, the knife to her throat the whole time, his mother issues and their relationship. She tries to get him to believe that she was confused and that she didn't understand the depths of his feelings. He cuts her ropes. She stands up, is glad he believes her. He wants to take her to the bedroom. She requests water; he will give it after. She tries to run, he attacks her. Shah calls Jack, says even though he doesn't remember Jennifer, to do exactly as he's told. He orders him to Ted's apartment, knowing that Jack found Ted there.

Police Station: Jack has taken Shah's call (now over). JJ figures out it wasn't a normal call, but Jack lies that Ted's is a dead end. He asks JJ to stay there waiting for news, he must go to his office. JJ gets a suspicious one-shot.

Kate's Deathbed: Will is angry, accuses Lucas of being eager to let go of Kate because of their history. Lucas scolds him, rightfully, Will backs down. Kayla enters, wants to talk to Lucas alone. Lucas says Will may stay. Kate's a match for Julie, and Kate could be in her coma for a long time. Kate has little chance of coming out of the coma. Lucas thinks that this is what Kate would want, but wants Will to be OK with it as well. Will nods, they hug. They have to look at paperwork for the procedures before Kate can be prepped, and Kayla promises they'll get time with Kate before she goes to OR.

Brookville Abortion Clinic: Mind you, you did not miss a scene, here is Kristen caressing Sarah's midsection. Kristen declares that this is the best for both of them. Xander enters; he's stashed the doctor and demands Kristen let go of Sarah. She reminds him that she is the boss; Xander asks the unconscious Sarah for forgiveness.

Ted's Apartment: Shah has the knife to Jen's throat. It's been 12 of 15 minutes. Jack bursts through the door, demanding Shah let her go. Shah wants no money, just for Jack to say he'll never remember Jennifer. His plan is for Jennifer to die knowing Jack doesn't care. Shah grants Jennifer a final thought, she waxes on about Jack the dad, husband, reporter, and how he sacrificed his life to save Abigail, and even put himself in danger on Shah's call. Jennifer says Jack is the best man she's ever, or will ever know. Shah lifts her up, sick of her rhapsodizing. Jack lunges, Shah knocks him over, but Jennifer takes the moment and clocks Shah, who falls over a chair. She checks on Jack.

Nurse's Station: Lucas wants to sign the form quickly, even though Justin wanted to look it over; Eli and Lani come out, and ask what's going on. They get an update on Kate, express condolences; they are floored that Kate's heart will go to Julie. Eli says no matter what happens, they will never forget this; he leaves to tell Julie and Hope (and apparently they all miss Rolf waltzing by and into Kate's room, below). Will says Sonny won't be back in time, and he pledges to be here for Lucas every step of the way.

Brookeville Clinic: Kristen and Xander worry about Rolf's whereabouts.

Kate's Deathbed: Rolf enters after seeing Kate's name on the door (note that there is no sign of anyone around, and this is 2 scenes after the Lucas/Eli/Will/Lani/Kayla scene, with another scene of the gang moments later). He says well, well, well, it's Mrs Stefano DiMera.

Brookeville Clinic: Rolf arrives, Kristen scolds him and tells him to hurry; she promises Sarah that she and Brady will be good parents to Sarah's child. Rolf says he can't perform the procedure because Kristen is already pregnant.

Nurses Station: Lucas and Will are solemn; Kayla and some orderlies wheel Kate out, time is of the essence, so they must say good-bye here. Will thanks Kate for always being on his side; he will keep her alive in his heart, and for Arianna. Lucas thanks her for his life, the tough love that made him who he is; he loves her, and always will.

Ted's Apartment: Jack is looking oddly at Jennifer, who wonders if he hit his head. He is looking at her, it gets blurry, and there's a montage of incredible flashbacks of Jack & Jennifer (lots of wedding shots and island shots from the Cruise of Deception, as well as some other misadventures). He tells Jennifer he remembers (Shah is stirring nearby).

Nurses Station with Kate's Portable Deathbed: Lucas and Will move aside, Kayla checks the IV on Kate, Kate grabs her arm. Lucas is shocked, did she just open her eyes? Kate is agog. Why is everyone crying? END

I guess I would have been more excited if I was a big Jen/Jack fan but I'm not. Maybe I'll like them now that his memory is back but I've never been a big fan. It was a little crazy that Jack couldn't subdue the crazy doctor but Jen just takes him down with one fling!

I found Rolf being back to be amusing but good lord stop bringing people back from the brink of death! Now Kate is going to be fine and dandy. What about Julie? Time was of the essence!

Kristen actually pregnant?! That does not easily happen for a woman of her age!! So what happens with Sarah's baby now? How is Xander going to explain about knocking the doctor out?

How is Xander going to explain about knocking the doctor out?
Maybe Rolf will give the doctor some kind of shot so that he has no memory of the past few hours or something.
Kristen actually pregnant?! That does not easily happen for a woman of her age!!
It happened for Marlena after she and Roman had "comfort sex" when they were being held prisoner in a DiMera castle in 2004/2005. Heck, I'm surprised Doug/Julie or Victor/Maggie haven't had a little bundle lately. :rolleyes:

Well, they obviously have de-aged Kristen, and there IS NEVER a reference to her bouncing baby Brady on her knee......was even surprised John referred to having been in love with her. But I abhor the idea she is really pregnant! Ugh.

Guess Jen's adrenaline was really flowing, did she maybe cause Shah to fall on his knife??? I mean she pushed him, or did she hit him with something?

I gotta say, I have no idea why Rolf went in to visit with Kate, and am flabbergasted that, for a patient going into organ removal, her room was not full of medical people. So they did not show it, (whatever Dr. Rolf did) but the woman could not breathe on her own, and blink your eyes, not only is she breathing, she is alert, cognizant of her surroundings, and feisty. Amazing! (Guess Rolf figures even an EX Mrs. DiMera deserved his loyalty)

What I mostly liked was that despite his memory loss, Jack rushed over to that apt., burst in the door, and was "Let...her....go"! Somewhere, down deep, the feeling was there, if not the memory.

I am giving kudos to Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) whose entire scenes for the past few days have had him only being able to express sorrow, and how distressing this whole thing is for him.

And am giving a thumbs down on the hogging of camera time by Sarah since she arrived in Salem, including today, (as much as I like Xander, Sarah has not even been here a year, and is written as the star of the show.) Just my opinion..........and thank you, Jason, really appreciate this.

Are you kidding me? First Kristen is in a hospital gown and being examined on a patient table in her hotel room???? Then go to Sarah in her room with no one there. There is no way (first, no one counts back from 100 except on TV) and second, the doctor puts her out and then is ready to start the procedure with NO nurses or anyone else in the room? Then Rolf happens to see Kate's name on a hospital door and just happens to have a little something to bring her back from a coma?

I am with @macgyverswife in that I have never really been a Jack/Jennifer fan but am happy for those of you who have been patiently waiting.

I do wonder how Sarah is going to find out that she is still pregnant. And her going on and on about how Eric wouldn't want to have a child with her is asinine - they can co-parent and he can still be with Nicole.

I knew it!! I knew Kate would wake up on the way to the operating room. It wasn't a real miracle, it was Dr. Rolf's miracle serum that woke her up. As for Kristen being pregnant....BLECK!!!! She is old enough to be Brady's mother and to old to be the mother of his child. She can't be pregnant! She hasn't fainted yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then Rolf happens to see Kate's name on a hospital door and just happens to have a little something to bring her back from a coma?
Rolf didn't just happen to see Kate's name on the door. He specifically went to the hospital to revive her, then he went to the abortion clinic to tell Kristen she's pregnant.

*barf" :sick: Kristen being pregnant.
Everything about Kristen is barf-worthy. I thought her standing over the anesthetized Sarah particularly disgusting. The boots with the hospital gown was also an utterly absurd look, although it might have had Salem's leading hospital gown fetishist, the late Dr. Daniel Jonas, foaming furiously at the mouth. As for other characters, here are a few comments.

The Writers: These people go to the head of the class for concocting dreary, depressing, repellant plots. Today, they offered up the Kate death watch, Shah sadistically tormenting Jenny, and the sick doings at the abortion clinic. Blech!!!

Kayla: Kate's miracle recovery right after Dr. Johnson declared her case utterly hopeless is another black eye for University Hospital. After this incident, some Salemites are going to start wondering how many of the people in the hospital morgue are actually alive. (Of course Rolf could save the day by fessing up about injecting Kate with one of his magic potions.)

Xander: it's been asked how he can explain rendering the clinic doctor unconscious. The X-Man could always claim that he was saving Sarah's unborn baby because he just knew she really didn't want to go through with an abortion.

Dr. Shah: Salem has had a lot of bumbling kidnappers, but the crazy doc just might go down one of Salem's most inept. And if he goes to prison instead of Bayview, life may not go well for him. Kidnapping and terrorizing a helpless woman might make him a pariah among the inmate population. In fact, Vargas, Dr. Baker, Gus, and Little Joey just might team up to make his life a living hell.

first, no one counts back from 100 except on TV)
Ahhh, Lisa.....I did, a couple of times. However, it was by oral surgeon. Guess some doctors do use that method. (It is how they can tell you are completely under pretty quickly......LOL.

So Kristen puts on BOOTS with her hospital gown, goes over to the Brookville clinic, finds Sarah's room without any problem, interference from other personnel, etc. Brookville must be as bad in that area as Salem Hospital is.

I don't know that Rolf went to Salem Hosp. SPECIFICALLY to revive Kate, He could have done that when he first got everything into his bag from his lab to work on Kristen. He was already there in the hospital, could have done it then. And why did he not tell Kristen after her exam that she was already pregnant? Why wait until he returned to Brookville, & Sarah's room????

Gad this story is so full of holes, it belongs in the rag box.

I gotta say, I have no idea why Rolf went in to visit with Kate, and am flabbergasted that, for a patient going into organ removal, her room was not full of medical people.
He also walked right past where the family was talking. BAD editing.

I recall Jen just sort of pushed/punched Shah. It wasn't much and it wasn't strong.
Lucas and Will had me in tears today.
Me too, even though the story is stupid. I didn't have that reaction with Marlena/her family though.
Then Rolf happens to see Kate's name on a hospital door and just happens to have a little something to bring her back from a coma?
He specifically went to the hospital to revive her, then he went to the abortion clinic to tell Kristen she's pregnant.
I really felt that was not clear, but that was my read, too. He was looking for Kate's room.
And why did he not tell Kristen after her exam that she was already pregnant? Why wait until he returned to Brookville, & Sarah's room????
Gad this story is so full of holes, it belongs in the rag box.
I agree with all points. I didn't save it so I can't re-review it, but I stand by my summary. Rolf may have gone to revive Kate, or it may have been a happenstance. Either way it's dumb.

My head is spinning! That Henry psycho coming from no where reminds me of a storyline near the end of Another World's run. They had a serial killer who ended up being a nice doctor who dated Charlene. Just like this, it looked like last minute writing. Maybe if they kept the same actor it would have seemed more realistic. (Did I say realistic?) Can Rolf give Julie a shot as well.:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
So Rolf made up the need to go to the hospital for a tool just to revive Kate? I sure didn't get that. And, yes, why didn't he tell Kristen that she was pregnant before Xander had to knock out Sarah's doctor? So many gaping holes in this ridiculous story.

As good a job as Will and Lucas did today, since there was no way Kate was going to die, it didn't do anything for me, no tears.

If Dr. Shah isn't dead, let's fix him up with Jordan! They have so much in common!!!

Thanks, Jason.

A great ending for a Thursday show. Kristen finds out she's already pregnant,
Jack gets his memory back and Kate wakes up.

We saw Rolf go into Kate's room. Did he give her a shot of the magic serum
or did Lucas kiss her awake?

When Jack's memories were spinning around, I got dizzy.

Kristen getting an exam in her room was really, really bad.
Then she went to
the clinic in her hospital gown.

Daniel would be in heaven seeing all the women in a hospital gowns on today's
show. Of course, one is his sister.

I hope JJ was smart enough to follow Jack because I think Henry was
waking
up when Jack regained his memory.

Kudos to Jen-Jen for knocking Henry down.

I appreciated the summary more than ever today because it allowed me to skip through some of the heavy stuff. Lucas is one of my favorites but I didn't want to watch him having to make such a heart wrenching decision. I also couldn't take so much of Shah holding that knife against Jennifer's neck. The blade didn't look very sharp but still, I would have been very uncomfortable to have someone hold a knife to my throat that way. I agree it didn't take much of a blow from Jennifer to knock Shah down, and it was making me nervous that they turned their backs to him and he was moving around. I do hope JJ shows up and saves the day!

Just little extra info. My daughter is in the medical field and she said if Kate was really on LIFE SUPPORT she would have had a tracheotomy tube, not breathing on her through the oxygen mask. I'm so sick of all the voodoo garbage. There enough problems in life to solve without all this junk.

Back