Days of Our Lives - Thur., Jan 8, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Daniel comes home, finds a series of "I'm sorry" notes that leads him back to the front door, where he finds an apologetic Nicole. She apologises for blowing their New Year's plans, and wants to spend time with him. Daniel is apparently unmoved as Nicole again explains that she is over Eric, and how she felt inadequate to Serena. Daniel wants to make that call; Nicole tells him she's learned her lesson, can they start over again? He kisses her.

Brady tells Melanie to shut up [THANK YOU], he thinks the way she might feel, is how he feels. They talk about the steps in proceeding with their relationship, and Brady is most concerned about doing something that will ruin things for her, as is his modus operandi. They make a date to talk about having a date. Melanie then confirms that they have made a date to talk about their dating. [This is actually how slowly it moves.] She has to leave to go to the hospital...will this ever stop being weird, she wonders. [NO.]

Serena walks in on the rattle-shaken Jeannie Theresa (in the waiting room). Serena asks if she's all right, Jeannie snaps that she's fine, what are you doing here? Eric enters, announcing that he was meeting Serena here, for lunch. Jeannie makes a crack about Eric throwing his vows away, Eric sends Serena out, they'll meet up downstairs later. Eric wants to talk to Jeannie about what's upsetting HER, despite her verbal diarrhea about the office "mixup," which she lays entirely at Anne's feet. Eric tells her he went through something that shook him, but he couldn't explain it, and he's a good listener. Jeannie is touched, she's thrown by good people. Eric leaves; Jeannie tries to remember what she was doing before she flipped, finds the form for Cherry Ames, Student Nurse, whom she calls and leaves a message.

Lucas and Rafe talk about how the kids miss Rafe, and EJ, especially Johnny, who needs a new police jacket. Rafe woefully tells Lucas he's off the force. Later, Rafe has explained the situation to Lucas, but left out what he did, just that Roman's hands were tied. What is Rafe going to do now? Rafe says he's ready for a change...like leaving Salem?

Janet (a babysitter?) took Ari to the park, while Sonny and Adrienne look for pictures for a scrapbook she's making. Adrienne wonders if Will be working from home; Sonny is visibly upset, but explains that Will's finishing up his secret article. They are looking at pictures of Adrienne in the 1980s, she can't send that picture to Justin. They tease each other (fun scene) before he finds Paul's baseball and has a flashback. Adrienne asks him about it, figures it was from Paul...but what would he have told Will if Will had found it?

Will asks Paul if he's gay. Will admits that he thinks Paul is gay, and that he is gay, and Paul smooches him. Will takes about 30 seconds to pull away, Paul says there's your answer, you worked pushed for it, what do you think? Will is dumbfounded, Paul kisses him AGAIN, again a wait before Will pulls away, and Paul says, "Tell me you don't want this to happen." Will says, "It's not that I don't want it to happen," but fails to elabourate. That's all Paul needs to hear, and they're on the bed for more lip exercise. Later, they've doffed their clothes and are rolling around in the bed.

Victor & a real estate guy are looking at a restaurant/club that is ready for sale; apparently the owner set it up and died in a car accident before opening day. It's exactly what Victor was looking for, but not for him. The real estate guy tells Victor that it's his if he wants it, but he must act quickly. Victor hesitates for a moment, then tells him to go ahead.

Second Half.
Sonny says he'd tell Will the truth (or at least half of it), and explains why this ball is special. Adrienne thinks he should give it back to Paul; Sonny hates it when she's right.

After they're finished, Paul notes Will's concern, tells him he thinks he knows what's wrong. Paul tells Will he's read both of Will's articles, and he thinks that Will has sacrificed his objectivity. How can Will write a great article without telling everything? Paul is terrified for a second, but Will promises not to out him. Paul ponders why this is important, since he was afraid of being out due to his career, and now he has none. Maybe it's time, Will muses.

Melanie and Jeannie have a tense encounter at the nurses' station, Jeannie pries about Brady. Melanie tells her it's none of her business. Melanie just wants "the damn form." Jeannie left it in the waiting room, Melanie snipes at her, Jeannie says Melanie needs to come to get the form, Jeannie's tired of waiting on her. In the waiting room, Jeannie finds the form, but continues to fixate on the rattle, despite her having dodged the bullet with Brady.

Eric introduces Serena and Brady, Brady's reviewed her research, he thinks it's excellent [shyyya right]. They also have a mutual friend in Melanie, Serena announces. Later, they decide to get together as a foursome, although Brady scurries off. Eric asks Serena (who just met Brady) if Brady was a little off. So was Jeannie "Theresa," says Serena, reporting that Jeannie was transfixed on something like a baby rattle.

Rafe admits he's thinking of moving, maybe Chicago, he just has to be close enough to visit Gabi. He reports that Gabi's doing OK, especially now that Will & Ari are back. Rafe underlines that he doesn't feel there's much left in Salem for him. Lucas has to go, and as they're shouting their goodbyes, Victor appears, and asks Rafe who sent the anonymous letter that got him canned. Rafe is momentarily shocked that Victor still has spies, Rafe refuses to give up Chad although it's clear thats whom Victor suspects. Victor says, "OK, new subject, you're out of work...come work for me." For you? Victor wants Rafe to coordinate security at his holdings, to watch the other heads of security, whom he doesn't trust the way he trusts Rafe. Rafe isn't sure he wants to take a job like that, even if it's not just a made-up job. Victor knows Rafe can't be a PI anymore, so what else will he do? Think about it, Victor says, before leaving.

Nicole and Daniel finish a long kiss, he wants to take it slow, so does she. BUT when he's cautious, she becomes insecure, which makes her do stupid things. She wants to reconnect with him in every way. No guarantees, Daniel says. Nicole is willing to take the risk, but Daniel doubts she is. Nicole is ready to move on, and this is the "most right" thing she's done. They kiss some more before he leads her to the bedroom. During a commercial break, he removed his shirt, and more making out as they move to the bed.

Lucas arrives at Sonny & Will's apartment, wants to see Arianna. Sonny explains she's out, but asks Lucas & Adrienne to wait for the sitter so he can run an errand (returning Paul's baseball). After he leaves, Adrienne explains that she's putting together a scrapbook since Justin couldn't return for Christmas. It had to be hard for him, being so far from family; she had family & friends near her. He must know what that's like, he lived in Hong Kong. He tells her that he met someone there, got out, made connections...Adrienne looks upset. Lucas is positive Justin would never do that!!

Closing.
Melanie comes in to the waiting room and finds Jeannie crying over the rattle.

Lucas tries to retrack his statements tells Adrienne to tell Justin to come home, Adrienne thinks that Justin's just been too busy, too distracted...when you're married to someone, you just know.

Paul suspects that Will wants him to write about Paul's sexuality...is that why this happened? No, swears Will, and more making out. Outside, Sonny is about to enter.

I loved the reference to the Cherry Ames series, LOL.

I really do love Melanie. Let's see MORE of her, please, Days writers.

I am not ready for another round of Nicole/Daniel, although I'm glad she admits what makes her do stupid things.

Jen Lilley (Jeannie Theresa) continues to do a great job, but they need to soften her character a bit more.

I really liked the Lucas/Rafe and Victor/Rafe scenes. Hoping these characters interact more.

Paul's a fun character, but Will is a total moron.

Nicole begs Daniel to give her a chance and then proceeds to have sex with him. I am not watching that!

Paul is doing what any single man would do if another "single" man gave him signs he was interested. Now Will, on the other hand, is just being straight up trifling and he seems to be in no rush at all after the sex to get the hell out of there.

You're right cryin. Not only is he not in a rush to go, he failed twice to explain that he's married. I'm reasonably sure that Sonny is the farthest thing from his mind. He's only thinking about his alleged "career."

I really, really, really want Sonny to find them and cut Will out of his life. (At least initially.) But with Days, it will drag on until August. :(

Can one of the mods merge this thread with the one I put up that contains the clip of today's show? Thanks:)

Best episode I've seen in a while. Thanks, Jason. I skipped some of the Serena and Melanie scenes.
Serena/Eric/Theresa/Brady/Melanie wasn't all that exciting, but I did enjoy seeing a more human side of Theresa. What a fantastic actress!! I also thought that Brady has more chemistry with Serena than she does with Eric, or than Brady does with Nurse Baby, for that matter.

The Daniel & Nicole scenes were beautifully done and made me "fanboy". I haven't done that in a while. Unless they show them rolling around in the sack tomorrow, I think THIS was a beautiful way to show a lovemaking--very tastefully done. Very emotional, with fantastic and gripping acting by Arianna Zucker (Nicole).

I liked Rafe and Lucas interacting, and Victor and Rafe interacting as well. Great. Lucas and Adrienne only have a friend chemistry, though, so I sincerely hope the writers aren't trying to have them end up in bed. Speaking of ending up in bed, I'm conflicted about Will & Paul. Of course, I've always loved his pairing with Sonny, and hate the cheating involved. It's another contrived storyline. However, I'm not gonna lie, those two are HOT! The chemistry is there, and Christopher Sean (Paul) is a great actor. I think this storyline could have some potential. It also seemed that Will sleeping with him was done out of his attraction, not because he thought it was the only way to get a story. But poor Sonny...

The new club Victor is buying looks like the Chez Rouge set; I wish they still used the set to give Maggie something useful to do and as a place for romantic dates to be had. I know they are using a few more sets, but I miss the ones that gave the show character (like homes, multiple offices and workspaces, night clubs, restaurants, etc.).

The new club Victor is buying looks like the Chez Rouge set
To me, it looked like part of the set they used for that nightclub in Chicago when Kristen/Brady and Jennifer/Daniel had their double date.

Weirdly, it looks a lot like an old set from Y&R (On the Boulevard, Billy Abbott's old place).

The Daniel & Nicole scenes were beautifully done and made me "fanboy". I haven't done that in a while. Unless they show them rolling around in the sack tomorrow, I think THIS was a beautiful way to show a lovemaking--very tastefully done. Very emotional, with fantastic and gripping acting by Arianna Zucker (Nicole).

I agree. Now, that is romance to me. I loved Nicole (well, mostly her) and Daniel, today. I want them to work, this time (if my wish does not come true, that is, to see Jack come back and be paired with Nicole eventually... have I already said that ? :) ). Definitely no more Eric, no more Jennifer. Dan and Nicole are two people who understand each other, and could be fun together, and who bring out the best in each other. Some problems sometimes, maybe. But problems that can be dealt with. And frankly, Daniel, I can take him or leave him sometimes. Especially when he was with Jennifer. But with Nicole, I really like the guy. And yes, the actress is truly amazing ! :clap:So writers, don't ruin this couple yet again ! Enough, already.

Eric : I'm so tired of everyone telling him how good he is. Guess we don't have the same standards for good people. :rolleyes: So Eric and Serena, today : I don't care. I could have done without them. They brought nothing to the show, really.

Brady and baby Melanie : Nope, not working for me. Really too... babyish. Even Brady is starting to act like a toddler. Annoying ! (No offense to real toddlers, as I find them adorable)

Theresa : Still not redeemable. I still wish this foetus stealing farce was just a stupid nightmare.

Rafe and Victor : :clap::clap: More of that, please. More of Victor, more of Rafe ! Yes, I will be happy !

Lucas and Adrienne : I like them as friends. Let's leave it at that. Plus, right now, I don't mind them as it gives them airtime.

Sonny : Poor guy...

Will : So he's officially an *bleep* !

Paul : I still like him. He does not know Will is married, so really, he's not the bad guy.

Thanks for the summary. All and all, this was a good show. Mostly because of Nicole, Daniel, Victor, Rafe, Lucas and Adrienne (again, as friends).

Daniel's bedroom looks like Rafe and Sami's old bedroom and bed.

I thought Adrienne looked extremely pretty today. The cut and color of the dress really flattered her.

As many things that the show is screwing up left and right, I have to say that I am enjoying Victor and Rafe in each other's orbits.

JS, I haven't watched yet, but I saw a picture of Adrienne from today's show and she looked a little like Kayla to me. I had this conversation on twitter with someone earlier this week when all of the pictures of Steve and Kayla started circulating. There was one of Kayla, Steve, and baby Stephanie and for a second I thought it was Adrienne and had to take a closer look. Adrienne's longer hair and some of her facial features definitely make her look similar to Kayla to me.

I'm sitting her giggling to myself imagining Sonny knocking on Paul's door and announcing himself and naked Will jumping up startled and confused at the sound of his husband's voice and running to hide in the bathroom clad in a bed sheet. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

And imagine Paul's face when he finds out Will is Sonny's husband. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Only on soaps!

Remember how Will treated Sami after witnessing the "grief sex" in the DiMansion?

I hope Daniel is able to sew up the wounds on Will's behind after karma took a great big bite.
th

I actually laughed at Melanie and Brady making "a definite plan for nothing definite" and their handshake at the end. I'm not opposed to this pairing I just could do without the stammering and general silliness we've been getting lately. But today it didn't bother me maybe I'm just in a generous mood.

However I'm not feeling so generous towards Will. First we had his endless pouting about how everybody was mad at him for writing the article that exposed Ej and Abigail's affair. Then then we had his disregard for Sonny's feelings when he decided to go to California. Then we had Sonny almost having to drag him to take Arianna to see Gabi and keep the promises he made to both of them.

Now we have what happened today. I could almost give Will some wiggle room here if he felt some guilt but it's clear that he does not. Since Paul doesn't know Will is married I can't blame him at all. Although I suspect it wouldn't have mattered to him if he did know but that's neither here nor there. The point is Will is definitely on my so-not-nice list and right now I don't see him off it anytime soon.

I'm intrigued at the thought of Rafe working for Victor because I do enjoy their scenes and welcome the opportunity to see more of them.

I am so mad at Will right now. How dare he break his vows with Sonny and sleep with Paul? As others have said, Paul is single and Will was giving him signals that he was available.

My favorite part of today's episode was Victor and Rafe. They work really well together and I hope they continue to share scenes together. I am hoping that together they bring down Chad, Stefano, and Clyde.

Lucas and Adrienne were cute together as friends only.

I am sick of Melanie on the show every darn day. Can't we get a break from this twit? Even with characters I like, I don't need to see them on the show every single day. It is also her first day at work but I have yet to see her actually donning scrubs and doing nursing work. Pairing her with Brady makes everything much worse. It makes him even look juvenile. I think he worked better with Serena when Eric introduced her to him.

I really dislike Nicole groveling to Daniel and I am not happy at all with this pairing. Nicole can do better, like Rafe. I am beyond sick of all females falling all over him and him becoming all magnanimous and forgiving for their(in his eyes) transgressions.

Finally, I like that Jeannie Theresa has begun to show her more vulnerable side on the show which hopefully will lead to her redemption. While I think it is a little contrived to have her mourn the loss of the child she is not aware she lost, the pain and the confusion are there none the less, and it appears others are beginning to notice the pain she is experiencing. While Eric has often seemed to soften towards her, I was pleasantly surprised when Maggie stopped yesterday when she noticed Theresa in distress. That is the Maggie I remembered and loved in years past, not the new Maggie all tied up in Daniel, Melanie, and Brady.

On another thread, Will's intelligence is compared that of a box of rocks. After today's romp with Paul, Will has made the box of rocks look brilliant. Find yourself another guy, Sonny. Immature brat Will is showing that he really is his mother's son. As for Nicole, she really deserves better than the Love Doctor. Why should she have to settle for Jen Jen's unshaven leftovers? On another subject, Jeannie T., may yet prove to be a far more formidable opponent than witchy Kristen and her mad doctor, Mandrake, anticipated. Speaking of Mandrake, where did the Salem Witch dig this guy up?? Compared to him, both Dr. Rolf and Dr. Chyka are refined gentlemen. Finally, why did the writers have to work a possible affair by Justin into the plot?? Didn't this poor man suffer enough when he had to defend Sami, and work with the most unethical attorney in Salem history, EJ DiMera.

I'd like to see Nicole with Rafe as well, preferably as the endgame. But I'm liking her with Daniel. Besides, with these writers, we all know it won't last for long. And sadly, she'll probably end up back in bed with Eric in no time.

Back