Days of Our Lives - Thurs. Aug. 19, 2010

Probably the real thing. Nicole has no reason to suspect Rafe would specifically look for a CD. Though, it would be awesome to have Rafe swoop in to stop the wedding, put the CD into the player for Sami/EJ + Wedding party to hear, and out blasts a tune from The Wiggles.

The spoiler genehunter is referring to doesn't mention IzzyB.....there is just spoiler info which leads one to deduce what this will be all about.

@TB........Nicole seems to have been carrying that CD around for a while, way before any conversation with Rafe......but perhaps she has been torn about using it, and just wanted it handy in case she decided it was best to do so.

Poirot is right ... nothing specific about IzzyB .... Often spoiler info isn't exact, just hints.
BUT the thread entitled "Hot Future spoiler" alludes to things that can be connected to what's going on .... IMO.

Sounds like a good show....we may be having to suffer EJ/Sami but at least they haven't written Sami in love with the guy....just using him.....

Days of Our Lives

Thursday, August 19, 2010
Episode #11,400 Taped 6/18 Director – Albert Alarr

.... Vivian continues on, talking of something that will make Victor very happy... she takes him on the side, they sit as she explains she was thinking of his daughter, just having that little niche in the mauseleum, and that really doesn’t honor her. So she thinks that a beautiful, but tasteful sarcophagus would be more fitting.

Am I the only one who remembers John going to Italy with Isabella in October 1992 and having her interred in her family's plot in Venice? I understand the idea that it isn't convenient to have Brady jet off to Europe every time he wants to visit Isabella's tomb, but the writers have never addressed this (at least from what I remember, and I tend to obsess/memorize all details as they pertain to the Kiriakis clan).

I can understand having her name on a plaque or something in Salem, but, unless I'm forgetting something, you don't put empty sarcophogi on display.

The lack of memory that the writers have about pretty significant storylines never fails to amaze me.

Vivian is not playing with a full deck. I hope Maggie does not end up hurt.

I agree that Vivian isn't playing with a full deck. But let's not forget that in the past year or so, Victor has been seen as quite the card shark. I mean, he nearly let Stefano slip into the abyss and would have if Phil wouldn't have demanded that Stephanie's life was more important that Stefano's death. (As much as I love Kayla and Steve, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around that one)

Anyway, if anything bad befalls Maggie, I'd hope and pray that Ivan sends a one-way ticket for Madame so she can get out of Salem before Victor tears her limb for limb, not to mention what the Hortons, i.e. Julie, would do to her.

Great Write Up As Always, Barb!

I knew Rafe wouldn't have sex with Nicole and take advantage of her. Not his style. He wants the disc - not sex with Nicole. Now that he has it, I hope he can stop that outrageous, stupid farce of a wedding from taking place because we all know Sami does NOT love EJ and she DOES love Rafe. Rafe loves Sami. So tptb stop this **** already and do the right thing for this storyline! Sami the stupid sophomoric bimbo has just drank too much of the Salem Stupid Juice and needs an anecdote. This would do the trick.

I'm afraid the handwriting is on the wall for Maggie and Vivian the psychopath from hell is going to put Maggie in that sarcophagus and not say anything to anyone of course. I sincerely hope they do NOT do that to Maggie and she is another 'buried alive' cases like Carly was, but it certainly seems like that is what she is going to try to do. Of course she won't succeed at suffocating Maggie alive and Brady or someone will hear her scratching or Victor will but anyway she will survive it if this is what the writers have planned. It would make me very angry if the writers are going there with this but I am 100% sure Vivian would like Maggie gone as in dead. She has done it before so why not again?!

Yes, Sami's "I love you" to EJ makes me want to get out a barf bag too but since we all know she doesn't mean it except stupid EJ who wants to believe it. No, I don't feel sorry for EJ one iota. He knows deep down who Sami REALLY loves if he is being honest with himself but EJ is a self-centered twit and has the decency/morality of a slug so why should anything he does surprise anyone.

Great write up, Barb. Thank you.

That window was bothering me too. I found the below clip on DaysCafe. The counting goes down (rather than up). At :57 there is a shot inside the apartment showing the door and lack of a window. Appears to me to be showing between 1 and 2 of wall space. At :14 to :12 you see Sami walk by the outside of the apartment, showing the window. Appears to me to be about 2 feet of wall space there, maybe 3 at the most.

What I find odd is that I remember a scene earlier this week showing Nicole sitting at a dinette type table with a wall behind her. And she was 3 or 4 feet from the door.

Hmmm... maybe Sami has developed Superman's X-ray vision?! I wish the Days writers would learn continuity but I suppose that is too much to ask.

http://www.dayscafe.com/preview-Aug-19-2010.html

I thought maybe she would climb the fire escape on the side of Nicole's apartment, climb up on the railing and lean waaaay over grabbing the ledge to keep from falling and just happen to look in the window and see RAfe and Nicole.....

@DaysFanSince1969 Oh, EJ 'knows' that Sami still loves Rafe. On Wed, she was in the 'den', sitting there stroking/petting Johnny's penguin with this 'dreamy' look on her face (thinking about Rafe).
He's not happy, but he's taking what he can get at this point ... as long as she is dumb enough to go along with his plan.

Thanks for the super writeup, Barb. I so look forward to them, and they make me look forward to watching the show. I'm really enjoying the scenes with Rafe and Nicole!

Am I the only one who remembers John going to Italy with Isabella in October 1992 and having her interred in her family's plot in Venice?

Looks like the answer may be yes.

Victor ... nearly let Stefano slip into the abyss and would have if Phil wouldn't have demanded that Stephanie's life was more important that Stefano's death. (As much as I love Kayla and Steve, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around that one)

:rotfl:

JAK, I PM'd you with a question about Isabella, you being the Kiriakis historian.

Barb, thanks for another great summary, but I have to say that I am beyond disgusted that Philip is nowhere to be seen for the third day in a row and I hate hate hate that he is on only two days a week or less. I'm going to have to take up knitting or something.

Just watched Wednesday's show---when Bo said Fancy Face and the painful look on Hope's face---cried so darn hard gave me a headache. I know it's just a soap, but so close to life---people have to lose someone or something to realize just what they had lost. Now going to try to read other post with a headache--hope everyone has a good night--yep I just checked--still night!
Lin

I thought Rafe crawled through a window in Nicole's apt when he was looking for clues about what EJ and Nicole were talking about, and that's when he found her journal with something written in code. (are the set decorators getting sloppy)?

I hope Vivian isn't planning on offing Maggie (and Victor has her on his radar)

Am I the only one who remembers John going to Italy with Isabella in October 1992 and having her interred in her family's plot in Venice?

John took Isabella to Venice in 1992 where she died in his arms. She was buried next to her mother Loretta Toscano.

I can't find an old video or other information, but I would assume Victor had a plaque for Isabella put in the Kiriakis mausoleum in her memory.

Steffee that is correct. John buried Isabella next to her mother, but Victor thought she should have a plaque in Salem to honor her. He wanted somewhere for Brady to visit when he got older.

Back