Days of Our Lives- Thurs./Fri.,July 17-18, 2014

I don't know why but I have this feeling that Kate is in cohoots with Stefano, and we are in for more than imagined. Moving back into the mansion? In her right mind she should want to be anywhere but there it seems. Her little tryst with Rafe could be the fly in the ointment, but other than that I can see her planning her way back into Stefano's life again.

There is a warrant out for Stefano's arrest, thus he is staying out of town, and that is why he gave the proxies to Kate. I agree, for Kate, was just too easy, so I am suspecting something there as well. However, Stefano would be furious if he knew she went on another bed romp with Rafe, and yet Kate is blabbering that news to Sami, IN THE MANSION, with Harold right outside the door. AND she wants it to get back to Jordan.....which in turn could be told to Ben, and even ol Clyde could learn of it. Something is just not setting right.

Fun day in Salem.

The comedic scenes with Sami & Kate were to die for. It even made Rafe tolerable to me. Too many good lines to remember them all, said by all 3.

The comedic scenes were a nice balance to the Will & EJ scenes.

We still get breadcumbs about Tammy Sue & Ollie's past. Those names crack me up! But these breadcrumbs have something else in them, maybe jelly? The more we find out the more other questions arise. Tammy Sue was very uncomfortable when Creepy Clyde made a remark about how good she looks. That could explain the way she dressed & looked when 1st coming to Salem.

I can actually tolerate Rafe & Sami as friends if it's like yesterday. She wasn't screechy possessive Sami over Rafe & Kate. She wasn't makimg rude snide comments to get to him & he didn't to her. That was nice.

I think it's already been established that Harold is spying for Stefano. He had a phone call with him the week before last giving him an update on Kate.

Maybe he's spying for Stefano.
Thanks for beating me to it, Heather4CU.

Really great show. I'm glad Will didn't boo-hoo over EJ. Loved Kate & Sami's scenes. Wanted Ben to stab Clyde in the neck.

I agree, Clyde has nothing on Tammy Sue & Ollie (AKA Jordan & Ben). His money is certainly ill-gotten or he'd have gotten the law involved awhile ago. I don't believe he has people watching them either. Who is he, Stefano? (Now THAT would be a twist, LOL.)

Lucas was on today, always makes it a good day. I also like how Kate & Sami are planning to dump a bunch of DiMera businesses. If they keep this up, this could be interesting.

And just so we're clear, Harold is definitely spying for Mr. DiMera.

Lucas was on today, always makes it a good day. I also like how Kate & Sami are planning to dump a bunch of DiMera businesses. If they keep this up, this could be interesting.
If Sami and Kate are planning to deliberately sabotage divisions of DiMera Enterprises, they must be counting on the company board, led by the pliable Mr. Shin, to be the same clueless dolts that they were during the recent meeting. Perhaps, after years of serving on a board of a company led by ruthless DiMera men, this bunch has adopted the motto of "hear not evil, see no evil, speak no evil." Or perhaps, since EJ and Stefano seem defeated, they have decided to follow the old Chicago political rule of "don't make no waves, don't back no losers."

I believe Mr. Shin is also working for Stefano. The Board meeting was way too easy if those Board members are in fact long term Board members for Dimera Enterprises. Boards are supposed to provide governance and oversight. What happened in that meeting was the exact opposite.

Did anyone else think it was rather ironic that, after Kate told Rafe that EJ cheated on Sami and Rafe had the typical "poor Sami, EJ's a jerk" reaction, they immediately began talking about the recent romp between the two of them and how Jordan should never find out?!

Rafe: "I don't want to hurt her." Isn't that exactly what EJ said? He didn't want Samanther to find out because he didn't want to hurt her. Does that mean that Rafe and EJ are the same kind of man? No, of course not, but they did commit the same offense. Yet somehow, even when Sami overhears about this recent romp, even SHE doesn't have any reaction of a woman scorned?!?

I would think that the amount of anger she seems to have over EJ's extraneous sexual encounters would at least require that some spill over onto Kate for playing the role of Abby in someone else's relationship. Yes, Rafe and Jordan aren't engaged, but they do seem to be committed to each other. I think we probably have different opinions about this, but to me, he still cheated - and Kate knew he was involved, but I also know she took advantage of the situation as part of her plan for Jordan. (Well, that's what I think, anyway.) She's also at fault, but she doesn't care! LOL! So I would have said... "Isn't it funny... Sami cheated on you with EJ, and now EJ cheated on Sami. And YOU... you were cheated on, and now you've been the cheater. Isn't that the turn of events! Jordan's going to love this!"

But I suppose Kate wants her hands clean, so she had no reason to say it. But goodness... I guess the same set of rules just don't apply to everyone! :)

No, of course not, but they did commit the same offense.
That's putting a pretty broad stroke on it.

EJ: Engaged to the woman who had forgiven him for torturing her family, faking their daughter's death, raping her, raping her by proxy, etc; cheats on her multiple times with nubile young lady while attempting to cover up a murder.

Rafe: Dating a woman with a big secret, which she won't tell; pushes her away, gets drunk and has a one-off with an experienced former fling, before reconciling the next day.

Totally different. Now, I still don't like what either of them did, but to say they committed the same offence is just plain wrong, though I agree with the point (I think you're making) that that's how the writers want to portray it, as they have been tarnishing Rafe's character slowly in order to make EJ look "better."

I for one am hoping that Kate & Rafe didn't actually DO anything that night, and Kate's leading Rafe on so she can torpedo him & Jordan at her convenience. MY HOPE & OPINION ONLY.

I am ALSO hoping that Rafe told Jordan off-screen at some point, and when Kate/Sami reveal the romp, Jordan tells them to kiss off, she knows and has forgiven him.

replaced word...JS

Did anyone else think it was rather ironic that, after Kate told Rafe that EJ cheated on Sami and Rafe had the typical "poor Sami, EJ's a jerk" reaction, they immediately began talking about the recent romp between the two of them and how Jordan should never find out?!

Rafe: "I don't want to hurt her." Isn't that exactly what EJ said? He didn't want Samanther to find out because he didn't want to hurt her. Does that mean that Rafe and EJ are the same kind of man? No, of course not, but they did commit the same offense. Yet somehow, even when Sami overhears about this recent romp, even SHE doesn't have any reaction of a woman scorned?!?

I would think that the amount of anger she seems to have over EJ's extraneous sexual encounters would at least require that some spill over onto Kate for playing the role of Abby in someone else's relationship. Yes, Rafe and Jordan aren't engaged, but they do seem to be committed to each other. I think we probably have different opinions about this, but to me, he still cheated - and Kate knew he was involved, but I also know she took advantage of the situation as part of her plan for Jordan.

Well, that's what I think, anyway. She's also at fault, but she doesn't care! LOL! So I would have said... "Isn't it funny... Sami cheated on you with EJ, and now EJ cheated on Sami. And YOU... you were cheated on, and now you've been the cheater. Isn't that the turn of events! Jordan's going to love this!"

But I suppose Kate wants her hands clean, so she had no reason to say it. But goodness... I guess the same set of rules just don't apply to everyone! :)
I see your point but this is very different for a number of reasons, some of which Jason has pointed out.

1. Samantha doesn't like being cheated on. She's always been a hypocrite, cheated a few times. But hated being cheated on by Rafe with Carrie, then by EJ with Abigail.

2. Sami hates being wrong, told Eric this with the whole "I was scared everyone would say 'I told you so'" thing. She wanted to believe EJ had changed, told everyone, forgave him for all he did terrible to her in the past. But once again, he made a fool out of her, proved her wrong and her family right.

3. Sami wants Rafe for herself. She's never stopped loving him. Only went back to EJ because Rafe and Lucas stood up for themselves and didn't kiss her butt, and she needs a man in her bed. Now that EJ screwed up (and Lucas is now just her buddy), she is ready to get back with Rafe. So his cheating on Jordan with Kate (which I think is terrible, by the way, even if I hate him and Jordan together) is the perfect opportunity for her to somehow get back with him (in her mind).

4. Sami is too much of an idiot to put two-and-two together and see that both men have cheated, perhaps Rafe will cheat on her again if she gets back with him, etc...

5. Sami won't hold the cheating against Rafe the same way she has EJ because, as I said, EJ has already done so much to Sami to put her through hell, whereas Rafe hasn't.

edited to write out text-speak phrase....JS

Rafe did not cheat on Sami with Carrie. (And she had already had sex with EJ) Carrie kept on seducing Rafe, and then they finally kissed......which is exactly when Sami walked in, making a big deal of it, only because of her very guilty conscience. She put it on Rafe, instead of owning up to doing much worse.

But, as was said with EJ and Abby...takes two to tango. Carrie may have led Rafe on, but he didn't have to kiss her follow through any other ways (checking her out during the ice cube scenes). It is similar to how Abby tried seducing Austin. He did kiss her (while under the influence), but she tried seducing him. However, Austin never gave in (excluding that drunken kiss, where he wasn't in a state to give consent or anything). Rafe could have done the same. Also, he did cheat: he was married to Sami and kissed another woman. I'm not saying that this situation was worse than Sami's infidelity with the grief sex-quite the opposite-but he was still unfaithful to his wife.

And yes, I hated when Sami put all the blame on Rafe, kicked him out, etc. But, I wasn't surprised. Sami is a horrible person who blames everyone but herself for her own problems. And I do think Rafe was the bigger person for apologizing and admitting his mistake, whereas Sami lied for months about the grief sex.

However, I guess this all comes down to everyone's personal opinion of what cheating is. For some, flirting with another person may be infidelity, for others, a kiss, and for some, only sleeping with another person is infidelity. For me, kissing and sex with someone other than your boy/girlfriend or spouse is definitely cheating. But I understand others may have different opinions, and that's fine.

Jason and Daysd, please don't think I'm trying to equate Rafe to EJ, even if I do like EJ and Sami together. Put that preference aside, because it doesn't have anything to do with this particular topic. In my opinion, and all history aside, EJ cheated on Sami and got one reaction, while Rafe cheated on Jordan and got a totally different reaction. It is still cheating, and that's the ONLY thing I meant by saying that they committed the same offense! :)

It was just odd to me - except for the fact that it is Kate and she obviously has an agenda - that Kate stands there telling Rafe that EJ cheated on Sami, they talk about how EJ really didn't change and basically what a scum he is, and then they slide right into the conversation about their own little romp and how Jordan can't know because it will hurt her. That's EJ's excuse, almost verbatim. It's a poor excuse, from any cheater, but still the excuse has totally different reactions. Especially from Sami! But I guess Sami has her own agenda, too, and it is just a story, and I shouldn't ask for it to make sense. LOL! It just really struck me as odd the way that conversation went.

Back