Days of Our Lives - Thurs. Mar. 20, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lots of eye rolling today, as Brady & Theresa go at it hot and heavy on the Kiriakis sofa. He picks her up, ready to carry her upstairs, but kittenish Theresa wants to stay right there, asking if he is scared..no one is home. Brady comments it might not stay that way. Back to the sofa, shirts un buttoned, pants being unzipped, blouses coming off, and in walks Maggie. LOLOL. She lets Brady know that there was a fire at the factory in Indonesia, Victor could not find him, so is down at the offices trying to take care. Brady grabs his phone and goes to the foyer. Maggie lights into Theresa, lets her know she is aware of the stunts she has pulled since coming to town, and really lets her have it. Brady returns, tells Theresa he has to take care of things for a few hours, so she leaves, but not before purring to Maggie that she & Brady are doing a lot of hanging out, having fun, and she will be there a lot. Get used to it.
And now Maggie reads Brady the riot act, but good. He does his usual denial and how he can handle things, but she is on a roll, his constant poor choice in women, his fighting with everyone who loves him to avoid facing his problems, his self destructive path. He tells her he is done, She says good, because she is done, completely. She doesn't like talking to liars, and refuses to watch him self destruct. She leaves, slamming the door. Brady stares at the booze bar. His phone rings, it is Theresa. He refuses to answer.

Theresa goes to the Club, soon joined by the ever creepy Liam, who seemed to be waiting for her. He joins her, but she is in no mood. He sets down his bag, starts in about some gossip about Jennifer Horton, but only talks about the nasty messages on the hospital computer, and the badly photoshopped pic. She knows all about those, snaps at him, he makes a remark about her doing it, she denies this, is ticked and leaves. He smiles, eyes what looks like a computer bag on the chair.

Nicole is waiting for Eric in her room, having set the stage for a seduction. He arrives, she dims the lights, invites him in for a while, saying they should not get there too early. She has red wine, they sip, he notices her blouse is not buttoned, she says he can do so, and he notes her bra is not fastened either. He fixes both, they kiss, she spills her red wine on his shirt, insists he take off the sweater, but before the T-shirt can come off, they are kissing, she has him down on the bed, he is protesting just a bit, saying we cannot do this. He gets up, she is still close and kissing him, loves him, they love each other, and her hands are on his belt/zipper, when he grabs her hands, pulls away, he thought she understood. Well, now she is mad, he is upset. She says he is no longer a priest, he reminds her that he still believes in the teachings of the chuch, all the things he preached to couples mean something to him. Daniel calls, Eric says they are on their way.

Daniel has brought parker over for Abby to babysit. JJ is home, is trying to get Paige to communicate with him, with no luck. They talk relationships, not saying names, but when JJ says he & this girl are from 2 different worlds, Abby says forget it, won't happen, is not meant to be, yada, yada. JJ realizes she is talking more about herself, but Abby won't admit it. Knock, kniock, tis Liam at the door, looking for Jen. Oh, too bad she isn't home, she said she would be. (Liar, he already flashed back to hearing about the party). He claims he left his phone charger there, nope, but she will go look in the junk drawer. Parker has to go poddy, so JJ takes him off, Liam asks if he can use the bathroom, just got off long flight. Abby directs him upstairs, while she goes to look in the junk drawer. He goes up, but into Jen's room, rifling thru her drawers.
He comes down, thanks Abby who says no charger in the drawer, Liam leaves. JJ thinks it was all odd, but Abby says he just wanted to use the bathroom.

Jen is taking care of last minute stuff at the hospital, Maxine comes along, raring to go party after a double shift, Abe comes in, finished his last interview, and is free and can come. Jen takes off, Maxine moans about some nurse not returning with Maxine's car. Abe offers to give her a lift. Jen has run into Aiden, who gives her forms for JJ, she asks him again about coming as party is dwindling, Kayla can't come, Hope backed out. Aiden changes his mind. Meanwhile, Hope is on phone with Daniel, who also mentions people dropping out, including Aiden. Hope decides she can go after all.

And now to the party from hell, as Jen is arranging wine glasses and bottles when Daniel comes home. They have some wine, talk, she thanks him again for all he did for JJ, but makes him promise to let her fight her own battles, that she really can do it, and tho she knows he is so protective (he admits this) he has to let folks handle things, or at least try first. Kiss. Abe, Maxine & Hope arrive, the party begins. Hope answers the door to find Aiden who asks what she is doing there. Uh, oh. Daniel & Jen try their best to lighten things up, but ....everyone is drinking wine except Aiden, (diet soda) because, as Hope notes, he disapproves...of everything. Finally Eric & Nicole arrive, but Nik is in a bad mood, is drinking too much as Eric notes, and saying things that perhaps she shouldn't. Dan & Jen have no idea what is setting everyone off, finally the pizzas arrive. LOL as the delivery boy is Rory, who assures Mrs. Deveraux she should not worry, they did not put any weed in the pizza. She is about to explode, Daniel pays Rory who claims he only told Jen the pizzas were probably no longer warm, not his fault. Aiden wants to leave now, but Maxine chimes in that the pizzas (3 of them) are only cold, and she can easily warm them up, stick around. Abe goes to help her. Nicole goes to Dan, starts to say he should really try....then spills her wine all over him. Oh, she is so sorry. Eric asks if she is going to take his shirt off, too. That was uncalled for, she yells, and then starts ranting about telling everyone they had a fight and why.

And over in LIam's darkened bedroom, he sits on his bed, and then pulls out a sexy black teddy from that computer bag. He holds it up to his face, imagines Jen, wearing it, up on the bed next to him. He buries his face in the material, so very smooth.

WOW!! How creepy was Liam?? Too weird for him to have taken her lingere...he didn't go out with Jennifer but a couple small dates. I am so disappointed, really looked forward to Mark Collier (Liam) coming on the show. I don't see a way to redeem him, just from what he has done so far, hard to tell where they are going to take it, so I don't see him as being able to be on the show, long term. :( I just hope they don't have him attack her or something, so tired of the dark/sad stories...want some happiness.

And what was up with Nicole?? bad move...she should have known better, after what he went through with Kristen and his beliefs, she's going to have to be patient. But, she was funny at Daniel's, even though I felt sorry for Eric with her acting out about their issues in front of everyone.

Why is it so hard for Nicole to accept that although Eric may no longer be a priest he still has his beliefs. I hate that she's behaving like some sex-starved maniac. However, Eric asking if she was going to take off Dan's shirt too after spilling wine on him was drop dead funny:rotfl:

How awful am I for hoping Liam kidnaps Dan or Jen and holds him/her hostage for a month or so - off screen. Brady and Theresa download.jpgWhere's Kristen and her shiny small silver handgun when you need her?

It was a bad day for seductresses in Salem, which is highly unusual since the resident men usually put up zero resistance to such advances. In the battle of the frustrated, it's a tough call who came off worse, Theresa or Nicole. The pothead slacker had to listen to another dose of Ruffles McRed's admonitions, while Nicole was not only undone by Eric's adherence to Catholic moral teachings, but then made a fool of herself at the Jennifer party. As for Liam, he continues to add to his resume as Salem's biggest weirdo. That said, if he really wanted to satisfy his strange cravings, he shouldn't be fooling around with a black teddy, but with something that is truly representative of Ms. Priss -- one of her trademark sleeveless outfits. Finally, kudos to Maxine for demonstrating that there is at least one person in Salem who knows about reheating pizza.

I love that Rory is the pizza delivery guy - and I love even more what he says to Jen:rotfl:Seems like a lot of people crowded into Daniels apartment.
Why is Nicole so hell bent on having sex with Eric? Does she think it will save her from his anger when the truth comes out? I hate that they are writing her this way.
Liam is getting mighty creepy!
Thanks Poirot - sounds like a good one!

deleted unnecessary quote...no need to quote the post that is directly above your own post...JS

Hey, Abby told him to go upstairs; not me! LOL

also deleted texting gibberish....JS

Really distasteful scene with Brady and Theresa on the KiriCouch. I don't think Theresa is ever in the moment...all she cares about is stirring up trouble and letting the chips fall where they may. How rude and ungracious for Brady and Theresa to talk back to Maggie in her own home. Brady needs to be kicked out for good, take away his key, let him do whatever he wants and with whom he wishes in his own home.There is no reason for a man of his age with money to live with his grandfather.

Why is everyone allowing Theresa to continue to act out? When Shane and Kim left town, they were under the impression that Theresa was going to straighten up and fly right. She already was given enough rope to hang herself, and she did, that night she overdosed. It's been way more than three strikes, she's out!

Nicole would never have a premeditated plan to seduce Eric, why would he even say that?:sarcasm:

It really was unfair of Nicole to try to get Eric into bed, when he made his feelings known to her from the start. If she can't accept this, that is a bad way to try to rebuild a relationship (especially since it's already based on lies...shredded evidence, anyone?) Really don't like them together at all, I'm no longer on the fence about this.

That truly was the dinner party from Hades. I have to admit, however, that I always enjoy a drunk Nicole.She nails it!

Rory delivering the pizza was a nice touch, and his comment about not lacing the pizza was funny.

More Maxine always works for me, and Abe was a nice surprise.

Who serves a guest a can of soda? Daniel should have put it in a glass with ice. That just jumped out at me. Aiden didn't seem to care, but it just didn't seem like proper etiquette. Is it just me? I would never hand a guest a can of anything.

So now we're getting the good old back and forth between Hope and Aiden. They're friendly, they're fighting...I imagine that, eventually, they will not be fighting anymore, and Hope might need to upgrade her undergarments. Maybe she can rummage through Jennifer's lingerie drawer!:)

Liam at Jennifer's house was just plain icky. He is definitely a psychopath. His daydream about Jennifer was freaky, and even worse was his caressing her camisole.:eek:

How did he know which room was Jenn's? Mayde he went into Abigail's & took one of her nighties...
No, it was Jen's bedroom. Liam went into Abby's bedroom first, but she had big pictures of EJ plastered on her walls and "I heart EJ" written on her vanity mirror with lipstick! Liam figured Jennifer would never write "I heart EJ" on her vanity mirror like that! :sarcasm:

No, it was Jen's bedroom. Liam went into Abby's bedroom first, but she had big pictures of EJ plastered on her walls and "I heart EJ" written on her vanity mirror with lipstick! Liam figured Jennifer would never write "I heart EJ" on her vanity mirror like that! :sarcasm:
Imagine the horror of Ms. Priss if she went into Abigail's room and found that it had been turned into an EJ shrine. Having no common sense, darling Jen would then confront her daughter about it in the middle of the Town Square, where she'd be overheard by Sami. An angry Samantha Gene would then put her mouth into overdrive and words like "tramp" and worse would be floating to the sky as horrified mothers cover their children's ears.

There is a reason I don't watch Criminal Minds...too creepy for me...and that last scene with Liam came close to belonging on there. Super creepy.

JJ is very tuned in to people. He seems to have his father's investigative instincts. I'm glad he saw through Liam. I'm a little worried Liam will hurt poor little Parker because this is the second time he's been hanging around where Parker is.

I got the sense Liam did NOT send the picture and that he is trying to find who did so that he can get in on it. Either that or he thinks he's going to be the "hero" and be the one to rescue Jen from it. Considering how she was about Daniel helping her out, that will not work the way Liam thinks it will if that is his plan.

I understand Jen wanting to fight her own battles but she also needs to let Daniel in on what's going on, otherwise she IS still keeping secrets from him whether she means to or not.

Poor Rory! That scene was great. It proves what I've been thinking about Rory, that he just doesn't get that his idea of a joke is not funny to most people. I guess it was a good thing JJ was helping babysit Parker because I can just imagine the sparks that would fly if he were there, between Jen not being happy that JJ and Rory are friends and JJ not being happy with Rory/Bev right now and Rory would probably try to apologize to JJ when he saw him and then Jen would want to know what was going on.

Maxine and Abe!!!! Yes yes yes, let's see more of them.

I think there's alot being unsaid with Eric/Nicole. I think part of Eric's upset wasn't just that he wants to wait, but Nicole's attempt to seduce him might have made him flash back to being raped by Kristen. Him calling Nicole selfish not only triggered her insecurities but might have also brought up how she felt when he accused her of raping him. I also think that he and Nicole are mismatched because he's religious and she's not and they just don't get each other's values as a result.

Clothing note: I see Jen and Maggie seem to finally figured out that it is cold out lol

I think Brady is starting to come to his senses. Some of what Maggie said seems to have got through to him. He seems to be entering the fragile sobriety phase where he is starting to turn things around but could slip back to bad habits at any second, and wanting to rebel against Maggie or John might cause him to do just that. But I think he is definitely thinking twice about Theresa. When he was going on about how he always chooses the wrong women, it occurred to me that in a way he and JJ are going through the same thing with feeling no one decent will have them except JJ is trying to win Paige over and Brady chooses crazy women because he doesn't think he can do any better.

I was glad to hear JJ say he was not going to give up on Paige. He seemed to be moping and giving up before that and I'm glad he doesn't believe in this playing it safe nonsense. The reason EJ/Abby doesn't work isn't because they're from different worlds in my opinion, it's because EJ is engaged to another woman. Abby's idea that she should just forget it ever happened is so wrongheaded I don't know where to begin. She needs to process her feelings or else she's being like Brady and will end up doing something crazy.

I was wondering if Aiden is also a recovering alcoholic since he doesn't drink and can't stand drunks?

Theresa will not take to being dumped much better than Liam has, I don't think. The thing is though, if she thinks Daniel is scary...wait til she gets on Victor's bad side because of all this.

Who serves a guest a can of soda? Daniel should have put it in a glass with ice. That just jumped out at me. Aiden didn't seem to care, but it just didn't seem like proper etiquette. Is it just me? I would never hand a guest a can of anything.

I've handed guests cans of soda during parties but maybe it's just me since I can be clueless about social codes. :)

My dislike of this "dinner party" is two-fold. The fact that it's not an actual dinner party (pizza and salad really :rolleyes: ) irritates me. They couldn't find a dining room with a table and chairs and suitable food to have an actual dinner party. This is more like a game night. And who throws a grown-ups only dinner to say "we're back together - AGAIN - let's celebrate before we break up - AGAIN".

Guess they did not want to put together the dining room at the Horton house.

I really hate that if anyone is eating at home, it is in the living room. I guess that is why they are always in restaurants. I cannot begin to tell you how much I truly HATE Horton Square now. LOL

Back