Days of Our Lives - Thurs. Mar. 20, 2014

I really think there is going to be a back story why Aiden is so against drinking. For the past couple of days they showed him upset with Brady running into him while drunk and tonight he asked for a diet soda. However, Hope's attitude about his choices is really annoying. She should realize with the number of alcoholics in her family why some people choose not to drink without making comments of him disapproving of everything.

Nicole really got on my nerves today. It appears she's extremely desperate to sleep with Eric. I do think that part of Eric's reaction has to do with Kristen's rape of him. Instead of accepting his explanations, she then went to the dinner party and acted out the entire time. The way the writers have turned this story around from a few weeks ago makes it very difficult to continue to support Eric and Nicole as a couple.

I did love Rory showing up with the pizza and assuring Ms. Horton that there was no pot in the pizza.:rotfl:

Brady and Theresa were both obnoxious today with Maggie. However, I do not like the way Maggie tells Brady that Theresa is out to corrupt him and drag him down with drinking and drugs. Um, Brady is a grown man and the last time I looked, he was doing the drugs and the drinking before Theresa became involved with him. Brady is spiraling downward on his own, and Theresa has just joined him for the ride.

Is it me, or is Theresa suspicious of Liam's actions? It would seem to me that she would try to flirt with him just to get to Jennifer like she tried to do with Daniel and JJ. I keep hoping this girl wises up and becomes somewhat more tolerable.

Liam was super creepy with Jennifer's lingerie, and Abby should have made him wait to use the downstairs restroom when JJ brought Parker out. No way would I let my mother's ex-boyfriend upstairs, especially someone she only dated twice.

I do agree about Aiden and some sort of back story about alcohol. However, while Hope does have alcoholics in her family, they don't stop anyone else from drinking. Nor show disapproval because their friends are having a glass of wine. Her remark was unnecessary, but just as unnecessary as his jab about never working together again.
Oh, I think Maggie had all the right in the world to dress down both Theresa & Brady. This is HER home, and they were being completely disrespectful, whether it was the booze in them or not.
Maggie was one of the ones who stood up for Theresa after she O.D.'d, listened to her baloney about AA meetings, and knows how she avoided them. She has her number, and also realizes that Theresa IS taking advantage of Brady. She wants something, and is willing to do whatever to get it. She has tried drugs, and then booze (always her idea) and now sex.
Maggie is still trying to give Brady a wakeup call. He quit the drugs, but turned to alcohol, which he denies needing. He is an addict, has an addictive personality. And it doesn't matter what he does in place of one thing. When he first came to Salem after coming out of rehab, it was sex, was all he ever did with Madison, and then with Kristen. So then it was back to drugs, then alcohol. Theresa recognizes this. And is ready to take advantage of it. She has admitted as much.

Heck, Daniel and Jennifer should have done "Salem Game Night"! Would love to have seen drunk Nicole trying to "doo doo doo" a song:rotfl:

Guess I'm prissy about etiquette sometimes, so if I sounded like Miss Manners with the soda, please forgive me, you can just all virtually kick me in the can. :)

We don't know how Aiden's wife died, right? Maybe she was killed by a drunk driver? That would explain Aiden's resistance to alcohol? Sure, some people just don't drink, but maybe that is why.

Perhaps Aiden was once a drunk and was somehow responsible for his wife's death. Maybe that's already been suggested. I've been behind on watching and reading.

Brady is much too old to be rebelling. I don't care to watch an adult who can't get beyond acting like a spoiled teenager.

I don't think it will take me very long to watch this episode. Thank you for a good summary.

Wilde Woman and Old Cowgirl....I think you have both hit the nail on the head with Aiden!!! I think he's still having a hard time with his wife's death and it IS alcohol related, whether she was a drunk or just got killed by one. He and Hope keep playing "tag" and one of these days, one of them is going to just stop and they'll look at each other with different feelings.

Liam won the Salem "who's the creepiest" contest after today's show.

JJ somehow understands Liam is not to be trusted.

Enjoyed seeing Abe and Maxine today. Maxine saved the
dinner party when she offered to heat the pizza :)

Poor Dan and Jen, they wanted to celebrate getting back
together but the party is going down hill fast.

Lots of pet peeves about today's show:). First off, I still can't figure out why the party is at Daniel's apartment and not at Jen's LARGE HOUSE? :rolleyes:

I actually thought that Dan was going to propose in front of everyone. TPTB seem to like to spring surprise twists so why not.

I was disappointed that Rafe wasn't at the party. He is friends with Dan and Jen.

Yes, psycho Liam should have waited for the downstairs bathroom but Abigail was also distracted and not thinking straight. Glad JJ caught on to Liam. I feel that this will come back into play later on. Funny how nobody ever uses the bathroom but suddenly 2 people have to use it at once in the same house? And Liam's reasoning was that he had been on the road since noon. And none of the doctor's offices have a bathroom? I also wondered how he knew where Jen's room was.

Bad editing again with Jen's last scene in the hospital and then immediately being in Daniel's apartment. Something is going on--there have been several noticeable errors like this over the last couple weeks. Very sloppy.

Jen's outfit was hideous and I can't even attribute it to a particular decade. Put some jeans on Girl. Even Maxine was wearing jeans.

Maxine and Abe are ok. Seems a bit like a stereotype to me. Why not explore an interracial relationship with Abe and Kayla? She had one with Marcus Hunter in the early 90s.

I can understand Rory calling Jen "Mrs Horton" but Daniel has no excuse whatsoever. I agree Jen needs to fill Daniel in but I think this is part of the storyline so that Liam flies under the radar.

I posted yesterday about Aiden's wife possibly being killed by a drunk driver. Now I'm wondering if he was the drunk driver. That would explain the soda.

I'm SO disappointed in Nicole's storyline. I was really rooting for her and Eric. Makes me very sad.

I'm so sick of Theresa. However, I think Liam is going to end up doing something to both her and Jen. Also, I think she is starting to have feelings for Brady.

I thought Liam said at the end "soon" when he was caressing the nightie?

Brady should not have let Theresa have her way. This is Victor & Maggie's place and he has a room (we've seen it before) - heck, I agree he should not even live there!
I too liked Abe & Maxine together... maybe if they get to interact a bit more I will root for them.
I had the same thought: why not host this party at Jenn's house and have Abby babysit Parker at the appartment so he could stay in his own things - the plot, right - otherwise Liam would not have been able to get to Jenn's room.
When watching the show, I was thinking the same thing about Aiden: surely his wife was killed by a drunk driver, but I like the idea that he could have been driving, drunk, and got in an accident killing his wife... that would be tragic and would explain his reaction to Brady yesterday.

I thought this was a good episode but...being a 'party',
WHY:
wasnt Jen wearing one of her sleeveless dresses or tops today..seems like the perfect opportunity!
werent Jordan and Rafe invited..she works at the hospital too and Rafe is friends with both hosts?
did Rory call Jen Mrs Horton
didnt Dr Dan serve Aiden's soda in a glass? (guess it's a guy thing!)

did Rory call Jen Mrs Horton
Yes, Rory called Jennifer "Mrs. Horton". Maybe it was a slip of the tongue by the actor and should have been "Ms. Horton".

But as I mentioned in my earlier post, why did Daniel then also call her Mrs. Horton? I could go with Rory having a slip of the tongue but Daniel has no excuse except a writer's goof.

I missed Daniel calling her "Mrs. Horton". I'm guessing a goof by the writers.

Either a goof by the writers or a slip of the tongue by Shawn Christian (Daniel), too. Kind of like "monkey see, monkey do", as in he heard the kid say "Mrs. Horton" and wasn't paying attention and then slipped and said it himself?

Either way, it IS odd that they're using "MRS. Horton" when referring to Jennifer. Unless she resumed her maiden name after divorcing Jack, she's Mrs. Deveraux.

It is not unusual for women to use the maiden name as their "professional/work related" name, but socially, use their married name. When divorced, many women resume their maiden names, many don't. Jennifer has 2 children living at home, whose last names are Deveraux, she should be using that name outside the hospital.
Next we will have Hope become Hope Williams, Kayla will no longer be Dr. Johnson, after being Dr. Johnson for 20 years. I really hate that the writers do that.

I thought that Jen was using "Ms. Horton" professionally and "Mrs. Deveraux" outside of work until this scene. I think I've heard Bev call her Mrs. Deveraux several times, though I've never heard Rory call her anything before--in fact this was the first time I can remember Rory actually speaking to her. Unless my memory is faulty in the past Bev has spoken to her while Rory was silent. I'm going with writer's goof but my mind is filling in the gap in continuity by surmising that Daniel also said "Mrs. Horton" because that's what Rory said so he assumed that's the name Rory knows Jen by.

Back