Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Nov. 15, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, November 15, 2018

If I had it to do over, I would not watch the show today, as it is totally gloom, misery, and not a single “feel good” moment in the entire show. Rex & Lucas meet up, commiserate with each other over the Baby Bonnie fiasco, how shocked both were at learning the truth. Lucas tells Rex to give a hug to the baby when he sees her from Uncle Lucas.

Sarah sits in the Pub, ranting about Rex to Eric. Drinking up a storm. Eric tries to talk her out of downing so much alcohol, but she is determined, tho apologizes to Roman for getting carried away. Eric goes to tend something behind the bar, Sarah sees some guy proposing to his girl, ring and all, them kissing, all lovey dovey, takes her drink, goes over to their table. She saw they seemed to just get engaged, yes…congrats…just want to warn you that Mr. Perfect here is going to cheat on you, probably more than once. Not going to be sunshine……Eric comes over, tries to pull Sarah away, is sorry. The guy says yeah, take your girlfriend away. Eric says not my girlfriend…the guy says good, she is obnoxious. Sarah pulls away from Eric……Obnoxious! This is obnoxious..as she throws her drink all over the guy’s shirt. Roman comes out, they really pull Sarah away now, Eric asks if she is proud of herself. Ooops, she is gonna be sick, runs off to the bathroom. Roman comps the couples’ tab, food, drinks, etc.

Adrienne sits with Sonny, glad Bonnie is in jail, that whole thing over at last. She cannot believe Bonnie would try to pass off Mimi’s baby as Lucas’s. She has brought Sonny grilled cheese and tomato soup, comfort food, as they talk over the entire Paul/Will /Sonny thing.

Rex is with Kate, telling her the entire tale of what he did, Sarah breaking the engagement, his attempt to get her to agree to marry him, her refusal…yes, all we saw yesterday. Kate says she will fix it, goes on about her plan to convince Sarah he deserves another chance. Ooopsy, now Rex has to confess it was not just once, but twice, different woman. Kate about has a fit, tells Rex that is it, he is going to have to forget about Sarah, move on.

Brady talks to Chloe about Nicole, Holly, how he misses Eve, who left town. Thanks Chloe for being there for him, we are still friends….yes, we are friends. Hugs. Lucas comes in. Brady takes off, Chloe says you know it was just a “friend” hug, right? Yes, and is glad to know he is not the only one needing one of those hugs. She obliges him. They talk, he is sad, thinks maybe he will go see Allie in Europe, spend Thanksgiving with her. You & Parker come with. Nope, would love to, but promised Craig & Nancy we’d spend Thanksgiving with them. Craig already told Parker he is going to show him how and where they blow up the big balloons for the parade. Lucas says he loves her, for the 2nd time , Chloe Lane. She loves him, too.

Will & Paul have a long discussion about their relationship, Sonny, and that whole thing. Paul has felt all along Will really loved Sonny, only stayed with him b ecause he is in a wheelchair. They go over and over all the various aspects, Will never wanted to hurt Paul, was not going to break his heart, especially after he risked his life to save Will’s mother’s life. They go b ack and forth, Will finally takes his box of “stuff”, leaves. Paul cries.

Rex comes into the Pub, Roman says he doesn’t think it a good idea for him to be there right then, but Rex only came to say goodbye. He is leaving town, going to Pennsylvania to see his daughter. Roman was hoping he would set roots down in Salem, will miss him, hugs. Sarah returns, tells Rex she doesn’t want to hear anything he has to say, but Rex interrupts, only came to say goodbye, is leaving town, going to PA. She shuts up, Eric comes out, Rex says goodbye to him, reminding him they are brothers, if he needs anything, he is there for him.

Rex leaves, and now there is a voice singing plaintively, a very slow song about lost love, as the camera touches on all the various Salemites…..Sarah looking sad, as does Lucas, Brady walking thru park, stopping to pull out his phone to Eve’s number in NY, changing his mind. Rex outside the Pub, looking at the ring. Paul in tears, Kate checking the pic of Rex & Lucas on her phone, Eric fingering the medal on the chain he had given Nicole, Sarah putting an arm around his shoulder, Will walking up to the Kmansion door.

Will takes a deep breath, knocks. Adrienne answers, Hi, Will, sorry, Arianna is asleep. No, he came to see Sonny. Oh, you just missed him, he just left. Yes, Sonny left town.

I am so glad that Paul did not throw Brady under the bus. The Paul/Will scenes broke my heart. I really like Paul and i liked him and Will. I do not think he and Sonny are soul mates. Will cheated on him twice. That is not a soul mate. That tear running down Paul's face just about made me cry!! So sad.

Sarah "oh I'm not obnoxious". I'd beg to disagree with you!! And Kate! Seriously! She's gonna lie to help her son! I know lying is second nature to her but geez!! So is Rex really leaving?

And Sonny left Salem? Why do I think she's just being dramatic!

I'm in a weird space with these storylines. I don't get bringing certain characters on only to send them away. I'm having a hard time getting invested in the storylines because of this. I know that actors come and go, but I feel like the show has no direction. How much am I supposed to care about Rex and Sarah? They've been on the show for maybe a week, and now Rex is taking off. Part of why the show was such a bummer is that there is all this sadness and the bulk of the show was spent on couples that we haven't spent much time with, so it's sort of "meh." Even Chloe and Lucas--whom I like--haven't had that much screen time devoted to them together. She was off performing, then kidnapped by the drug lord and then Lucas had the Baby Bonnie nonsense.

And I agree - Will and Paul are a much better couple. I'm not a fan of Sonny. I hate that Paul keeps getting kicked in the teeth.

I'm also REALLY tired of Eric. It looks like he and Sarah are getting cozy. If the writers put them together, just...ugh. Stop the madness! As variable as his affections are, the way he stands in judgment of Rex or Brady or whomever makes me crazy.

I was watching and saying to myself.....hold on here, Eve left, Lucas is going, Rex is going, Sonny has gone. Nicole, Paul & Kristen were killed in the fire & explosions (if they were), Seems Chloe is going to NY. Mass exodus from Salem, huh? I think I would rather keep Lucas than have Sarah stay.....just MY opinion.
However, the whole show is a downer, at least to me it was. But two comments.....Chloe is wearing what is obviously a summer dress......and is Arianna not a bit old to be always sleeping? I mean it was daytime.

I will skip this episode. Sounds very depressing (poor Paul and Lucas) and annoying (Sarah mostly).
Disgusted by Will and Sonny’s “love”. Both are selfish and self-absorbed people. I hope Paul finds a good man outside of Salem. His heart has been crushed more than one person should have to endure.

This was one of the most depressing episodes in the history of the show and no died :sad:

Days really has no idea when it comes to relationships or friendships anymore. Hearing Chloe go on about Nicole really reminds me Chloe and Nicole being BFFs and Kate and Sami being BFFs is really a waste to me. I was fine when both parings became cordial for a while, but those rivalries brought the intensity and stories to Days that it is missing when I watch now. Nicole tried to permanently disfigure Chloe, and Sami & Kate well you know the history. Plus out of the four, I always thought Sami & Nicole were always the most intriguing and hilarious duo. Yeah their rivalry was good, but it’s time to move on, and the man who was in the middle of the drama is now a piece of toast, literally.

Can the show get some exciting and fun gay guys? Will and Sonny are not it anymore. Poor Paul.

Kate calling Mimi trash made me lol. Then only being disappointed at Rex because he cheated more than once. Classic Kate. Why do all Kate’s kids have to be miserable, but she always comes out on top?

This Lucas and Chloe thing is not going work and it is very misleading. At best they have been good friends to each other, but nothing more that we have seen. When she mentioned Parker, I thought about something else the writers took from one of Kate’s kids. I’m so glad that people fought back against Carrie and Rafe. Austin would’ve been another loser. Lucas is going to leave and when he returns, Chloe and Brady are going be close and he’s going lose again :rolleyes: I’m so happy he is going to see Allie. :love: Don’t understand why he has to go all the way to Europe. Sami can you please work with this loving father?!?! It would be nice if he brought Allie back. I need to hear some Sami trashing.

I really think writers punished us for asking for more of the Hortons and Bradys. I guess giving us Sarah and Rex would make us think twice before complaining about Stefan. :angry: If this is what Rex had to put up with during their fights & arguments, he is a good man for only cheating twice. Please Eric stay away from her. I always knew that Maggie Horton was necessary to the show, but between Maggie Kiriakis and her never-ending kids, Rafe and Hope, and Salem’s state of depression, there is no payoff this good :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those who have noted how depressing this episode was are right on target. It was one big exercise in unrelieved misery. Here are a few comments about some of Salem's miserable residents.

Sarah: If she was going to get drunk, the least she could have done is drink the cheap stuff instead of one of Roman's premium brands. And did she have to throw her drink on a customer? Poor Roman has enough trouble getting warm bodies into the Pub. (To increase his number of customers, he ought to banish sourpuss Eric to the kitchen and run specials on Wanchai Ferry entrees.)

Rex: He actually asked Kate for advice? He should have realized her solution to the Sarah problem would be to lie, lie, and lie some more.

Paul & Lucas: These poor guys should get together to commiserate. Fate (aka the writers) has been very unkind to both of them, and they deserved far better.

Sonny: Has he really left Salem or has he simply gone out to binge on burgers at the West Salem Big Boy?

On a final positive note, at least the viewers today were spared the sight of:

Chad and Jenny feeling awful about sending Abigail to Bayview;
Stefan Zero bemoaning the fact that his "Gabby" is gone forever;
Little Trippy in a funk because he fears his gas-can ploy might cost him Ciara;
Wyatt looking down because instead of being a hero for falsely confessing, he's just a chump;
Hope displaying her best "frowny face" because she still hasn't managed to frame Ben;
Abigail looking miserable in her padded cell.

Thanks for the writeup, Poirot. Yes, depressing. It seems the writers like to bunch up on subjects. Fairly often they'll have everybody doing the same thing for a whole episode. Today they're clearing out the pens, having lots of people leave town. I wonder how they're going to make stories out of the ones who are left. I'll probably skim through, watching bits and pieces.

If I had it to do over, I would not watch the show today,
I'm thankful for the coverage. Boston is not great - but my courses are!
Roman comps the couples’ tab, food, drinks, etc.
Only out-of-towners have to pay for food I guess? When was the last time a Salemite paid for something?
now Rex has to confess it was not just once, but twice,
:rotfl::rotfl: Wow this guy's trying to embrace his once-thought-to-be-a-DiMera side. He's making EJ look like the pinnacle of honesty.
I think I would rather keep Lucas than have Sarah stay.....just MY opinion.
And mine.
Why do all Kate’s kids have to be miserable, but she always comes out on top?
She's clearly somebody's favourite - higher than the head writer, it seems.

It seems like Lucas's "goodbye" (as described by my DVR) was a real non-moment. Perhaps my hope he'll return someday isn't completely unwarranted. When I get home it looks like I only have 1 scene to watch.

I once loved Will & Sonny - and while they're clearly the couple we're meant to root for, Sonny's been a real tool-hat lately. (Meaning he serves no useful purpose and just weighs things down.) Meanwhile Paul crying isn't emotional to me, because I have a memory longer than 45 days and I can remember his vow to keep things with amnesiac Will light. (And prior to his acrobatic stunt saving the useless natural Brady twin, there was no indication the relationship had gotten more serious.)

So - boring plots, no character development - is it possible this episode somehow was delayed by a month? This is not sweeps material.

So Sarah is hurt and angry because Rex cheated on her twice. She is also, I believe, a trained physician and a "respectable" person. Good grief...she just got drunk and had a ridiculous snotty tantrum in the pub. Give me a break. Few of us behave that way; she acted like a 5th grader upset because her best friend decided to like someone more than her. I can't even deal with her.

Thanks, Poirot.

This is Lucas' last day until someone decides he should come back. I'm glad
he's going to visit Allie.

I'm not sure who wrote the scenes for Sarah. What a fiasco. Eric should have
done a better job keeping the alcohol away from her.

So Kate knows Rex slept not just with Mimi, but with someone else. Will that
person come to Salem with a baby too :)

Poor Paul.

I hope Salem has some happy stories soon.

So Kate knows Rex slept not just with Mimi, but with someone else. Will that person come to Salem with a baby too :)
Maybe it was the Psycho Mermaid, Summer. :sarcasm:
This is Lucas' last day until someone decides he should come back. I'm glad he's going to visit Allie.
I thought it was funny when he joked about having turkey fondue with her for Thanksgiving.

Back