Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Oct. 30, 2014

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
I tried to do this summary "Poirot"-style, plot by plot rather than scene-by-scene, so hopefully this makes sense!!

Sami is at the DiMera mansion, signing over control of DiMera Enterprises to Kate. Lucas passes through, but goes outside to see Allie (who is already in the car). Kate's confident she can hold on to the company. They talk about whether or not Kate will keep the portrait hanging, or get a new one with just Kate. Kate likes the current one. They discuss their complex history, and how fighting Kate made Sami stronger. Sami wants assurances that Kate will destroy Stefano. Kate vows to continue fighting, after all, she's not safe until Stefano is neutralised. Sami vows to be "just a phone call away," but Kate tells her not to worry, then switches from teary to catty. (Really nice scenes here.)

Roman and Marlena stop by, Sami jokes that she knows Roman doesn't like coming to this house without a warrant, and wants to talk her out of it. Roman admits that was his plan, but Marlena talked him out of it. Marlena and Kate leave, and Roman admits that trying to talk sense into her has never worked. Roman vows to always be proud of Sami. Outside in the Garden, Lucas and Allie talk. She's sad about EJ, and worried because Johnny's been picked on at school. Lucas promises to visit, Skype, chat, email Allie often...she's the most important thing in the world to him. (Why does she need to leave again?) Roman and Sami have continued their talk, he is telling her to enjoy the time with the kids, "it goes by so fast." Eric enters.

At Will & Sonny's apartment, Sonny has called Adrienne over, where she is flummoxed by the news that Will is taking Arianna to LA. Will is flouncing about the apartment packing things, seeing Adrienne reminds him to pack some beach shoes she bought for the baby. With Will in the other room, Sonny explains about Will's job writing. Adrienne cracks, "God help us!" about the Sami movie, feels this is very drastic. Sonny explains that it's settled, Will wanted him to go, but he couldn't leave his business, etc.

At Dr Dan's apartment, a replay of Kristen bemoaning her loss of Brady. (Dumb scene but she looks fantastic!!) She starts weeping, and Daniel moves in to comfort her with a perplexed look on his face. After their odd embrace, Kristen thanks Daniel for not pretending to be sorry for her, then continues to blubber on about how she really loves Brady, hopes Dan knows that, KNOWS he knows it, and how she can't pinpoint exactly when she lost him. Kristen admits to Dan that she had proof, won't say how she got it, even played it for Brady, who thought that she manufactured it, and it was at this moment Kristen knew they were over. Kristen immediately turns from weepy to vindictive, accusing Dan of getting what he always wanted; but Daniel stops her, saying he knows exactly how she feels. She continues to needle him (kind of a funny scene, apparently Dr Dan has a 'superior dance'?) and rant over Jeannie T getting her claws into Brady. They talk about how mad Jennifer will be if she finds out Kristen's at Dan's apartment, keeps going on and on pushing him about Jennifer, until he yells at her.

Jeannie Theresa and John are talking in his hotel room, where he lowers the boom, telling her that if she doesn't "go back to where she came from," he'll tell the cops she hit him. Brady's outside the door, and appears to have heard everything. Big surprise - he actually DID hear everything, and although Jeannie T and John talk over each other to cover their tracks, Brady realises that Kristen was right. Brady repeats what John said, wants to know if it's true, won't hear from Jeannie T - and wants to know why John kept him in the dark, and realises it was to keep him away from Kristen. John admits it. John explains how his memory came back, was about to spill the truth, but saw how Kristen was acting that day, and didn't want to assist her plans to snag Brady. Brady is furious that John was willing to let Brady continue to blame himself, then turns his anger on Jeannie T, who professes her love for him. Brady hates that the only person "who treated [him] like an adult" was Kristen!

--Second Half--

Roman and Johnny are in the garden, he is asking him to look after his mom & sisters when Abe comes out and gives Johnny EJ's watch, which is too big. Johnny is sad, distant, talking about what EJ wanted for him. (Some more revisionist history here, as Roman claims EJ wanted the best for Johnny from the moment he was born...:sick:.) Johnny wants to be just like his daddy, not his own man; Roman is sure that Johnny will be a good man.

At Will & Sonny's, Will has found the summer shoes, Adrienne is upset but puts on a happy face, while Sonny looks sullen. Later, they're at the mansion, helping Sydney pack her fish. Will can't say no to Sydney; Sonny says he knows how he feels, and they embrace sadly. Will tells Sonny he'll miss him, they reminisce about their first date, but it will only be six months. Will promises that Ari will be the same size when they return, and that he'll stay in shape (?), and they kiss.

At the DiMera mansion, Eric and Sami talk about the movie deal, and her hanging out with Nicole, talking about Stefano, EJ, etc. Eric thinks Sami looks like she's at peace, and she talks about how great this adventure will be for her & the kids, to keep their mind off of things. Eric gives her a picture of them when they were 2 years old. Marlena comes in, starts tearing up, knows Sami will be back and she'll be out to LA to visit, but it "feels like a big goodbye." A Marlena & Sami flashback precedes Sami apologising to Marlena about how tough she made things. The kids interrupt, including Theo, they go out to the car, and Marlena and Sami walk out together.

In John's hospital room, Jeannie T is scrambling to bring Brady back to her side, and is upset over how Kristen manipulated Brady in the past, how nobody will really know what happened that night, etc. Brady won't hear of it. Brady's mad that it's the same old song - everyone warning him off the woman, and during the rant comes to realisation that his good friend Daniel must have known the truth as well. Brady lays into her, trying to get Jeannie T to admit it, that he heard her own confession. He refuses to hear John's explanation, pushes off Jeannie T and John as they try to get him not to run to Kristen.

At Daniel's, Daniel tells Kristen that he and Jennifer are done, as over as Brady & Kristen (may we all hope!?). She reminds Daniel that Jennifer always gets over it, forgives him, comes back. But Kristen keeps needling him, he's an idiot who blew it with "the most perfect woman" in the world (!!), was drowning his sorrows over the picture (of Daniel & Jennifer) when Kristen arrived, etc. He grabs her, lambasting her for feeding off of others' misery. They struggle, and it leads to a kiss and the doffing of clothes.

Sami runs back into the house, looking for something, and finds a photo album with pictures through the years (including one with Carrie, the prom picture with Lucas, several of teen Sami, pics with Marlena, one holding a baby, one at Will & Sonny's wedding), closes it and clasps it to her chest as she looks around the living room.

At the hospital, Jeannie T is in a fit because no elevators work. She stonily declares to John that THIS is not over.

At Daniel's, Kristen and Daniel are hot & heavy on his bed; Brady gets off the elevator and the apartment door is ajar, he cautiously steps in and looks around, stymied by something.

Sami hugs Abe, thanks him, thanks Eric while Marlena and Will hug good-bye. Sami hugs Kate and Sonny, thanking the latter for lending "his husband and kid" to her for a while. Marlena promises to visit soon, Sami half-jokingly entreats Roman to come consult on the movie, since it's about her life she'll need a police consultant. Lucas enters, announcing that the kids are tearing up the van, Sydney's backpack is wet. Sami vows to check their backpacks before they go. Lucas and Sami share a last long look as they talk about how usually it's Lucas leaving town, but he'll track her down soon. Sami stands at the front door, asking the crowd in the DiMera foyer to wish her luck, "This is it." Hollywood had better watch out for her. She leaves, and the episode closes with Lucas, Roman, and Marlena watching her leave from the front door.

Let me just add my thoughts: Wonderful scenes with Marlena & Sami, and Kate & Sami, and, as always, Lucas & Allie and Lucas & Sami. Will & Sonny had a sweet good-by too. I liked the pace of the John/Jeannie T/Brady scenes, I was surprised he actually heard the conversation and the plot moved quickly.

Did Daniel's apartment always have an elevator? Haven't seen it in awhile....

If I didn't know better, I'd think Sami was going to Mars. And where was this sendoff for Marlena when she was let go from the show after 20 years? Oh well....

And the ending did have me tearing up a bit, Sami and I are contemporaries (thanks to SORAS), we were teens together, in some ways it's like saying goodbye to a sister. :(

I don't entirely mind the idea of Allie going with her siblings - but this whole storyline is so overdone. It was a sweet sendoff, but again, Lucas was saying good-bye to Allie like she was going to North Korea and it'd be nearly impossible for them to see each other. It just felt like pampering to the the actress playing Sami, to me.

Great job Jason!

I too am Sami's contemporary as I am the same age as the actress playing her and as I tweeted her earlier today, I watched her first episode and now her "last". By the way, really nice open letter to the fans on Alison Sweeney (Sami)'s Facebook page today. I was bawling during the final scene and was quite surprised that the final freeze frame was of Marlena, Roman and Lucas.

I enjoyed all of Sami's scenes but wish she had encouraged Eric to make up with Nicole, especially given her scene with Abigail yesterday. But maybe her comment alone was enough.

I had the same thoughts about John and even Brady being missing from the good-byes though I am glad that plot is moving forward too. I hope Brady doesn't stay angry at John for too long. I think it's time for Marlena to join this storyline.

Daniel and Kristen were annoying yet tolerable. They do have good chemistry. I wonder if they will actually go all the way?

Sami forgot to take cousin Jeannie Theresa with her back to LA! Farewell for now Samantha Gene Brady Reed Walker Roberts Hernandez Dimera.

I was bawling during the final scene and was quite surprised that the final freeze frame was of Marlena, Roman and Lucas.

Me too, on both counts. I was sure they'd show Sami walking away from behind, then fade to black. Interesting choice - now let's focus on other characters, writers!!

Brady is such a selfish brat with a brain the size of an ant. Instead of screaming at John, maybe he should try being thankful for once that his father is actually alive and walking? No of course not, because he has to make everything about himself.

So Brady realizes Dan also kept the truth from him and I'm guessing when/if he finds Kristen and Dan in bed together, he really may accuse Dan of keeping quiet because he wanted Kristen for himself. :rotfl:

The question now is how long before 1) another Brady relapse into alcohol and drugs and 2) a rebound relationship with a new woman.

John tried to kill 2 birds with one stone: keep Brady away from Kristen by not telling the truth about Theresa and keep Brady away from Theresa by blackmailing her with going to the cops. Now that his plan is trashed, will John still turn Theresa over to the cops? What's to stop him now if he really wants to be rid of her? Of course he won't and I'll be surprised if anyone else in Salem learns the truth about Theresa being the one who attacked John.

I'm going to pretend this is the picture Eric gave to Sami:

ericsamijmwed86.gif

This was taken at Roman (John) and Marlena's wedding. The twinners are sitting with Grandpa Shawn and Grandma Caroline with Calliope and singer Marilyn McCoo behind them.

Back